First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Modern Japan
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Right there
Offline
Posted 9/30/08 , edited 9/30/08
Why do you think Japan recovered so quickly and efficiently after the huge devastation of WWII?
they asked Shenlong to do it

to the point that it is now the 3rd country with the highest GDP?
they cheeting.....they dont even write using those letters

even when it had to pay off 1 trillion 30 billion yen war reparation?
they could kidnap weeaboos and sell their virginity on ebay.... and get that money back in a week

What do you think of the JSDF (Self-defence Forces)?
they cool

Should Japan continue to depend on the US to protect them from threats abroad?

..... the US should give Irak to Japan.... as a Bday present

Or should they start re-arming for more than Self-defense with the nuclear threat posed by N. Korea in the horizon?
US should stop bombing Irak and bomb N.Korea.... then give it to japan as a bday present

What about Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's continued stance to increase Japanese influence in the international political stage considering Japan since WWII has stayed away from international conflict.




And Japan's strong support of the US and the Bush administration
----------------------------------------------------

and as u can c i dunno sh*t about Japan i just did it for fun, kk? so.... dont get mad

2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 9/30/08 , edited 9/30/08

rhynny wrote:

Why do you think Japan recovered so quickly and efficiently after the huge devastation of WWII?




I'll start off with a few facts: Japan in the Pre-war years (1938 below) was ranked 5th in manufacturing goods. it was Asia's Premier oIndustrialized nation, until it was shattered in 1945.

simple sustenance was the first goal of the new Japanese empire (as well for the U.S.). The United States Started pouring in $400 million dollars worth of relief EVERY YEAR. it was a deal: If Japan could stand up to its knees again (with US help), an Industrial base must be rebuilt and Re-incorporated.


rhynny wrote:

to the point that it is now the 3rd country with the highest GDP?



take this for instance, Toyota is World Leading in Automobile manufacturing. a high rate in production. (net Income: USD$ 13.93 billion, Revenue: USD$202.86 billion)*

totyota has their contributions to the government through taxes (export tax etc...)


rhynny wrote:

even when it had to pay off 1 trillion 30 billion yen war reparation?


Yes, Like I said, that the US in Post WWII gave $400 million a year.


rhynny wrote:

What do you think of the JSDF (Self-defence Forces)?




the Good thing about the JSDF is that it makes their own hardware. thus not an everyday US hardware buyer. Japan has enough resources to make them.

take for instance the JSDF's Chinook. but youll hardly notice there's a tag thats says "Built by Kawasaki Liscensed by Boeing Integrated Defense Systems" *


rhynny wrote:


Should Japan continue to depend on the US to protect them from threats abroad?



Japan's military Capabilities is Self Relient. it has enough power to protect itself and its territory, thats why its called JSDF "self defense force"

but it needs allies when it comes to disputes. US has made a pact with japan that they (US) could protect, and provide aid when under nuclear threat or attack



rhynny wrote:


Or should they start re-arming for more than Self-defense with the nuclear threat posed by N. Korea in the horizon?





not necessary. first off there is a certain limit of power the JSDF has to maintain. its due to the peace treaty signed by the nation's representatives and the allied powers' reps in WWII. to this, its not gonna be dejavu

second, Japan has a strong role in the disarming the stalinist north with nukes but the debate's endpoint is somewhere far in the horizons. if attacked, then Japan has the power to disarm the north (alongside with the US and RoK)


rhynny wrote:



What about Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's continued stance to increase Japanese influence in the international political stage considering Japan since WWII has stayed away from international conflict.



Abe is doing his job, whats there for japan in international politics is there. what Abe did was to maintain Japan's international role.thats it.



rhynny wrote:


And Japan's strong support of the US and the Bush administration?




I havent heard any happenings about japan with the US in the Bush administration. not yet. :)

only thing for sure is that japan has a high suicidal rate.

and their invasion of south east asia has begun AGAIN! through their Pop Culture. oh wait... not S.E.A. ... THE WORLD!!!

I hope you find this refreshing, good thing I kept a couple of old college footnotes about the japanese government and history.

Peace sweetie!






* = wikipedia source. :)

805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 10/3/08 , edited 10/3/08

atatakakunai wrote:
japan got off easy?... hold on a second i have to think about that one for a second. an estimated 150,000 CIVILIAN deaths BEFORE bombings cause by the US.... and a continued 200,000+ by the two bombings withing 3 days of eachother. yeah I'd say losing 350,000+ CIVILIANS is getting off easy. What we did to that countries innocent is unforgivable.
~mauz15


WW2 Fascist Japan directly and indirectly caused over 30 million civilians in East and South East Asia.
They directly killed more civilians in the Republic of China and Korea than the Nazis did in the entire holocaust.

Also, Japan lost about 2.7 million soldiers and civilians total, while Germany lost over 7 million soldiers and civilians.

And whereas Germany got split up by the western powers and the Soviets, while Japan was only occupied by the US.

So yes, Japan got off fairly easy after WW2 compared to Germany.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


rhynny wrote:

^ that's the american perspective. Japanese death toll was more like 600,000 civilians and 2 million military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

all other countries in asia lost bout 12.5 million civillians. china alone lost 7 million and indonesia 4 million. if ur talking about civilian deaths, Japan did get off lightly.







Not to mention how those deaths came about. Not to mention their crimes against humanity. Not to mention their constant denial and refusal to accept responsibility (i'm not talking about just reparations). Not to mention their false pride. Not to mention their insane mentality and idea of hierarchy(which goes against all morals). Not to mention their injustice.
AND they still think they're the ones who were disadvantaged. I do know that, if America chose to invade mainland, there would have been more than 1 million Japanese civilian casualties, 500 thousand US casualties. During the final months, the Imperial Japanese Army, were teaching the civilians to fight until every last one of them is dead- never surrender because the military told it's citizens that Americans will :
torture them
kill their families
put them into slavery
kill the emperor
All in all, America's big boys actually did a favour to the rest of the world by instigating the unconditional surrender of the Imperial Jap Army.
As for everything the japs did, it's unforgivable. At least the Nazi Germany admitted their mistakes and sincerely reforming, the Japanese (at least the ones in government) still think their actions were justified and thus even refuse to admit their atrocities. Even now, there are politicians who think their entire involvement in WWII is a fabrication. The fact that Japanese text books don't even mention things like Nanjing, Pearl and human experimentation, shows their lack of respect to other humans. A truly selfish and sub-human mindset. Despicable.


Boo hoo. Cry me a river. I'm not saying that your information is incorrect. It may exaggerated but honorable men may differ. My point is who cares. People die. War, crime, disease. No matter how noble or how despicable people are, they all die. I don't mean to be an ass but your ranting is irrelevant because we are all gonna die. Death puts everything into perspective and makes everything pointless. So what does it matter.


What does it matter? What do you mean what does it matter, if death makes everything pointless then why do you even bother living? According to you, dying right now and dying in 80 years is the same thing.
Life may be worthless to you, but i'm sure the majority out in the world would view life a wonderful thing.
So what does it matter? It matters because some things just ruin life and cause suffering. It matters because life is what society and the world is, without it, there is no existence.
The issue is not whether death matters or not, because i know realistically nobody truly cares about the deaths of randoms that they don't know, however what matters is that you don't insult those who do care by denying them of the truth.
I understand that your ignorant, but don't assume everybody is naive and indifferent like you.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

Kaminari12 wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelchick2116 wrote:

Japan needs to apologize for teaching their kids that The Rape of Nanjing didn't happen or that the videos and photos of dead bodies and raped women were just made by the Chinese. I mean come one. Germany even said sorry to the Jews for what they did, and the Rape on Nanjing was nearly just as bad yet the Japanese act like it never happened. Or that they were just trying to HELP China.


I actually think Japan will never apologise to anyone, they are still denying it presently. It mystifies me how inhumane and disrespectful a government can be when their crimes were so obvious and brutal. It takes courage to admit, accept and move on, i commend Germany for at least sincerely apologising to the Jews and banishing the Nazis and any form of military society by the Nazis. Sadly, the Japanese do not have that mindset, personally i would call it weakness.

As above mentioned that Japanese have manners, this may be true, but manners are nothing compared to dignity, respect and justice. It's a pity that in the aspect of politics and relations with the nations japan has done wrong to, Japan's deficits lay in all three categories. Admittance takes courage. Japan does not have that.

The day they accept their crimes as truth and atone appropriately, will be a day to remember.


You two need to realize that this is very similar to what the US is doing in terms of the Native Americans. We do not tell the truth in our textbooks, nor have we ever officially apologized for our atrocities towards them. So please don't act so baffled at Japan's denial, when it happens elsewhere. I am only doing this because your posts have no relevance with the questions that the thread starter introduced.


Yes i do realise that, however the issue at hand is not about the US, but Japan.
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Noitacol
Offline
Posted 10/7/08
oooo
6509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/7/08

echo123456 wrote:


angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


rhynny wrote:

^ that's the american perspective. Japanese death toll was more like 600,000 civilians and 2 million military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

all other countries in asia lost bout 12.5 million civillians. china alone lost 7 million and indonesia 4 million. if ur talking about civilian deaths, Japan did get off lightly.







Not to mention how those deaths came about. Not to mention their crimes against humanity. Not to mention their constant denial and refusal to accept responsibility (i'm not talking about just reparations). Not to mention their false pride. Not to mention their insane mentality and idea of hierarchy(which goes against all morals). Not to mention their injustice.
AND they still think they're the ones who were disadvantaged. I do know that, if America chose to invade mainland, there would have been more than 1 million Japanese civilian casualties, 500 thousand US casualties. During the final months, the Imperial Japanese Army, were teaching the civilians to fight until every last one of them is dead- never surrender because the military told it's citizens that Americans will :
torture them
kill their families
put them into slavery
kill the emperor
All in all, America's big boys actually did a favour to the rest of the world by instigating the unconditional surrender of the Imperial Jap Army.
As for everything the japs did, it's unforgivable. At least the Nazi Germany admitted their mistakes and sincerely reforming, the Japanese (at least the ones in government) still think their actions were justified and thus even refuse to admit their atrocities. Even now, there are politicians who think their entire involvement in WWII is a fabrication. The fact that Japanese text books don't even mention things like Nanjing, Pearl and human experimentation, shows their lack of respect to other humans. A truly selfish and sub-human mindset. Despicable.


Boo hoo. Cry me a river. I'm not saying that your information is incorrect. It may exaggerated but honorable men may differ. My point is who cares. People die. War, crime, disease. No matter how noble or how despicable people are, they all die. I don't mean to be an ass but your ranting is irrelevant because we are all gonna die. Death puts everything into perspective and makes everything pointless. So what does it matter.


What does it matter? What do you mean what does it matter, if death makes everything pointless then why do you even bother living? According to you, dying right now and dying in 80 years is the same thing.
Life may be worthless to you, but i'm sure the majority out in the world would view life a wonderful thing.
So what does it matter? It matters because some things just ruin life and cause suffering. It matters because life is what society and the world is, without it, there is no existence.
The issue is not whether death matters or not, because i know realistically nobody truly cares about the deaths of randoms that they don't know, however what matters is that you don't insult those who do care by denying them of the truth.
I understand that your ignorant, but don't assume everybody is naive and indifferent like you.


I'm not ignorant. I just don't care about society's woes. You think you're any better. You're a murderer just like every other murderer. I can prove it. I bet you hate me right now. I bet deep down inside you want to kill me after stirred up such strong emotions in you. You can deny it. But its in your nature. The only thing that separates you and everyone else from the murderers is potential. I bet if push came to shove even the most altruistic and benevolent person can create such terrible atrocities. People are fragile, foolish, violent creatures. So easy to manipulate. So easy to break. And you think you're better then the murderers. If you were better then you would be able to surpass your human flaws. But you can't. The sad truth is that this is the pinnacle of humanity. As long as there are humans there will be always be war. The reason I choose to live is because this existence is very amusing. War mongers are amusing. Self righteous pricks are amusing. Religious hopefuls are amusing. Its all one big pointless joke. Hey at least I'm laughing.
Posted 10/7/08

echo123456 wrote:


Kaminari12 wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelchick2116 wrote:

Japan needs to apologize for teaching their kids that The Rape of Nanjing didn't happen or that the videos and photos of dead bodies and raped women were just made by the Chinese. I mean come one. Germany even said sorry to the Jews for what they did, and the Rape on Nanjing was nearly just as bad yet the Japanese act like it never happened. Or that they were just trying to HELP China.


I actually think Japan will never apologise to anyone, they are still denying it presently. It mystifies me how inhumane and disrespectful a government can be when their crimes were so obvious and brutal. It takes courage to admit, accept and move on, i commend Germany for at least sincerely apologising to the Jews and banishing the Nazis and any form of military society by the Nazis. Sadly, the Japanese do not have that mindset, personally i would call it weakness.

As above mentioned that Japanese have manners, this may be true, but manners are nothing compared to dignity, respect and justice. It's a pity that in the aspect of politics and relations with the nations japan has done wrong to, Japan's deficits lay in all three categories. Admittance takes courage. Japan does not have that.

The day they accept their crimes as truth and atone appropriately, will be a day to remember.


You two need to realize that this is very similar to what the US is doing in terms of the Native Americans. We do not tell the truth in our textbooks, nor have we ever officially apologized for our atrocities towards them. So please don't act so baffled at Japan's denial, when it happens elsewhere. I am only doing this because your posts have no relevance with the questions that the thread starter introduced.


Yes i do realise that, however the issue at hand is not about the US, but Japan.


It is true that the thread is on Japan. But the questions the original poster asked pertained to modern Japan, not the Japan of WWII; this was the point I was trying to make earlier.
4436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Port of Coimbra
Offline
Posted 10/7/08
all i need to know why i have to go there is.. i'm half japanese so that gives me half the right to go there? well i've been there 3 times already
seriously (or maybe not), it's mainly because i love the culture, ofcourse including anime. well there's some things which are not that good but still i just like it there

why so serious?
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 10/19/08

Kaminari12 wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


Kaminari12 wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelchick2116 wrote:

Japan needs to apologize for teaching their kids that The Rape of Nanjing didn't happen or that the videos and photos of dead bodies and raped women were just made by the Chinese. I mean come one. Germany even said sorry to the Jews for what they did, and the Rape on Nanjing was nearly just as bad yet the Japanese act like it never happened. Or that they were just trying to HELP China.


I actually think Japan will never apologise to anyone, they are still denying it presently. It mystifies me how inhumane and disrespectful a government can be when their crimes were so obvious and brutal. It takes courage to admit, accept and move on, i commend Germany for at least sincerely apologising to the Jews and banishing the Nazis and any form of military society by the Nazis. Sadly, the Japanese do not have that mindset, personally i would call it weakness.

As above mentioned that Japanese have manners, this may be true, but manners are nothing compared to dignity, respect and justice. It's a pity that in the aspect of politics and relations with the nations japan has done wrong to, Japan's deficits lay in all three categories. Admittance takes courage. Japan does not have that.

The day they accept their crimes as truth and atone appropriately, will be a day to remember.


You two need to realize that this is very similar to what the US is doing in terms of the Native Americans. We do not tell the truth in our textbooks, nor have we ever officially apologized for our atrocities towards them. So please don't act so baffled at Japan's denial, when it happens elsewhere. I am only doing this because your posts have no relevance with the questions that the thread starter introduced.


Yes i do realise that, however the issue at hand is not about the US, but Japan.


It is true that the thread is on Japan. But the questions the original poster asked pertained to modern Japan, not the Japan of WWII; this was the point I was trying to make earlier.

I haven't been here in ages and i cbf reading the long texts. But i know i'm right because i always am.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 10/19/08

angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


rhynny wrote:

^ that's the american perspective. Japanese death toll was more like 600,000 civilians and 2 million military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

all other countries in asia lost bout 12.5 million civillians. china alone lost 7 million and indonesia 4 million. if ur talking about civilian deaths, Japan did get off lightly.







Not to mention how those deaths came about. Not to mention their crimes against humanity. Not to mention their constant denial and refusal to accept responsibility (i'm not talking about just reparations). Not to mention their false pride. Not to mention their insane mentality and idea of hierarchy(which goes against all morals). Not to mention their injustice.
AND they still think they're the ones who were disadvantaged. I do know that, if America chose to invade mainland, there would have been more than 1 million Japanese civilian casualties, 500 thousand US casualties. During the final months, the Imperial Japanese Army, were teaching the civilians to fight until every last one of them is dead- never surrender because the military told it's citizens that Americans will :
torture them
kill their families
put them into slavery
kill the emperor
All in all, America's big boys actually did a favour to the rest of the world by instigating the unconditional surrender of the Imperial Jap Army.
As for everything the japs did, it's unforgivable. At least the Nazi Germany admitted their mistakes and sincerely reforming, the Japanese (at least the ones in government) still think their actions were justified and thus even refuse to admit their atrocities. Even now, there are politicians who think their entire involvement in WWII is a fabrication. The fact that Japanese text books don't even mention things like Nanjing, Pearl and human experimentation, shows their lack of respect to other humans. A truly selfish and sub-human mindset. Despicable.


Boo hoo. Cry me a river. I'm not saying that your information is incorrect. It may exaggerated but honorable men may differ. My point is who cares. People die. War, crime, disease. No matter how noble or how despicable people are, they all die. I don't mean to be an ass but your ranting is irrelevant because we are all gonna die. Death puts everything into perspective and makes everything pointless. So what does it matter.


What does it matter? What do you mean what does it matter, if death makes everything pointless then why do you even bother living? According to you, dying right now and dying in 80 years is the same thing.
Life may be worthless to you, but i'm sure the majority out in the world would view life a wonderful thing.
So what does it matter? It matters because some things just ruin life and cause suffering. It matters because life is what society and the world is, without it, there is no existence.
The issue is not whether death matters or not, because i know realistically nobody truly cares about the deaths of randoms that they don't know, however what matters is that you don't insult those who do care by denying them of the truth.
I understand that your ignorant, but don't assume everybody is naive and indifferent like you.


I'm not ignorant. I just don't care about society's woes. You think you're any better. You're a murderer just like every other murderer. I can prove it. I bet you hate me right now. I bet deep down inside you want to kill me after stirred up such strong emotions in you. You can deny it. But its in your nature. The only thing that separates you and everyone else from the murderers is potential. I bet if push came to shove even the most altruistic and benevolent person can create such terrible atrocities. People are fragile, foolish, violent creatures. So easy to manipulate. So easy to break. And you think you're better then the murderers. If you were better then you would be able to surpass your human flaws. But you can't. The sad truth is that this is the pinnacle of humanity. As long as there are humans there will be always be war. The reason I choose to live is because this existence is very amusing. War mongers are amusing. Self righteous pricks are amusing. Religious hopefuls are amusing. Its all one big pointless joke. Hey at least I'm laughing.


I have no doubt now you are indeed ignorant. You have no idea about the value of life, you have no idea about anything concerning other people, your ignorance lies in the fact that you claimed to have summarised human nature. Sadly, you are wrong. Hate doesn't exist until you've felt it and where there's flaws, there are strengths.
Your dark depiction of human nature is nothing but a pitiful attempt at grabbing attention. I find it hard to believe that anybody is actually as warped and twisted as you, to be honest, i don't believe your justification for living at all.
If your purpose of living is to be amused by existence, then you're nothing more than a vegetable. An isolated loner who's been living in a basement too long. If you truly believe what you just posted, then you've wasted your existence. Gonna ask "who are you to judge?" I am someone who obviously values life more than you, I deserve to have a word about an unappreciative naive boy who needs to climb out of his box and see the outside world.
I think everybody in the community can agree that there's more to life than just being manipulated, murderous and feeble. As long as there is a future, there is hope (quite literally).
Unfortunately for you, life is not one pointless joke, i don't see everybody laughing when war breaks out, i don't everybody crackling when the world economy crashes, nor do i see people laughing in disease and famine.
The bottom line is, it doesn't matter whether you care about society's woes or not, society is like a storm, if you care, you'll be ready for it, tucked the cattle in safety sheds, and have your roof reinforced, if you don't care, the only one who ends up homeless and injured, is you. Regardless whether you care or not, society wins. Because you are nothing. You don't run society, society runs you.
6509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/08

echo123456 wrote:


angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


rhynny wrote:

^ that's the american perspective. Japanese death toll was more like 600,000 civilians and 2 million military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

all other countries in asia lost bout 12.5 million civillians. china alone lost 7 million and indonesia 4 million. if ur talking about civilian deaths, Japan did get off lightly.







Not to mention how those deaths came about. Not to mention their crimes against humanity. Not to mention their constant denial and refusal to accept responsibility (i'm not talking about just reparations). Not to mention their false pride. Not to mention their insane mentality and idea of hierarchy(which goes against all morals). Not to mention their injustice.
AND they still think they're the ones who were disadvantaged. I do know that, if America chose to invade mainland, there would have been more than 1 million Japanese civilian casualties, 500 thousand US casualties. During the final months, the Imperial Japanese Army, were teaching the civilians to fight until every last one of them is dead- never surrender because the military told it's citizens that Americans will :
torture them
kill their families
put them into slavery
kill the emperor
All in all, America's big boys actually did a favour to the rest of the world by instigating the unconditional surrender of the Imperial Jap Army.
As for everything the japs did, it's unforgivable. At least the Nazi Germany admitted their mistakes and sincerely reforming, the Japanese (at least the ones in government) still think their actions were justified and thus even refuse to admit their atrocities. Even now, there are politicians who think their entire involvement in WWII is a fabrication. The fact that Japanese text books don't even mention things like Nanjing, Pearl and human experimentation, shows their lack of respect to other humans. A truly selfish and sub-human mindset. Despicable.


Boo hoo. Cry me a river. I'm not saying that your information is incorrect. It may exaggerated but honorable men may differ. My point is who cares. People die. War, crime, disease. No matter how noble or how despicable people are, they all die. I don't mean to be an ass but your ranting is irrelevant because we are all gonna die. Death puts everything into perspective and makes everything pointless. So what does it matter.


What does it matter? What do you mean what does it matter, if death makes everything pointless then why do you even bother living? According to you, dying right now and dying in 80 years is the same thing.
Life may be worthless to you, but i'm sure the majority out in the world would view life a wonderful thing.
So what does it matter? It matters because some things just ruin life and cause suffering. It matters because life is what society and the world is, without it, there is no existence.
The issue is not whether death matters or not, because i know realistically nobody truly cares about the deaths of randoms that they don't know, however what matters is that you don't insult those who do care by denying them of the truth.
I understand that your ignorant, but don't assume everybody is naive and indifferent like you.


I'm not ignorant. I just don't care about society's woes. You think you're any better. You're a murderer just like every other murderer. I can prove it. I bet you hate me right now. I bet deep down inside you want to kill me after stirred up such strong emotions in you. You can deny it. But its in your nature. The only thing that separates you and everyone else from the murderers is potential. I bet if push came to shove even the most altruistic and benevolent person can create such terrible atrocities. People are fragile, foolish, violent creatures. So easy to manipulate. So easy to break. And you think you're better then the murderers. If you were better then you would be able to surpass your human flaws. But you can't. The sad truth is that this is the pinnacle of humanity. As long as there are humans there will be always be war. The reason I choose to live is because this existence is very amusing. War mongers are amusing. Self righteous pricks are amusing. Religious hopefuls are amusing. Its all one big pointless joke. Hey at least I'm laughing.


I have no doubt now you are indeed ignorant. You have no idea about the value of life, you have no idea about anything concerning other people, your ignorance lies in the fact that you claimed to have summarised human nature. Sadly, you are wrong. Hate doesn't exist until you've felt it and where there's flaws, there are strengths.
Your dark depiction of human nature is nothing but a pitiful attempt at grabbing attention. I find it hard to believe that anybody is actually as warped and twisted as you, to be honest, i don't believe your justification for living at all.
If your purpose of living is to be amused by existence, then you're nothing more than a vegetable. An isolated loner who's been living in a basement too long. If you truly believe what you just posted, then you've wasted your existence. Gonna ask "who are you to judge?" I am someone who obviously values life more than you, I deserve to have a word about an unappreciative naive boy who needs to climb out of his box and see the outside world.
I think everybody in the community can agree that there's more to life than just being manipulated, murderous and feeble. As long as there is a future, there is hope (quite literally).
Unfortunately for you, life is not one pointless joke, i don't see everybody laughing when war breaks out, i don't everybody crackling when the world economy crashes, nor do i see people laughing in disease and famine.
The bottom line is, it doesn't matter whether you care about society's woes or not, society is like a storm, if you care, you'll be ready for it, tucked the cattle in safety sheds, and have your roof reinforced, if you don't care, the only one who ends up homeless and injured, is you. Regardless whether you care or not, society wins. Because you are nothing. You don't run society, society runs you.


Just because I don't value human life and I'm generally nihilistic and apathetic that makes me ignorant? Hate and anger are the most powerful emotions a human can convey. Used properly they can be used to motivate a person to do many incredible things. Whether they are hazardous to humanity is irrelevant. Its all trial and error. The strength of people, of a society does not outweigh their flaws. Humans are still in the process of evolving into the next dimension. Much is to be learned. That is why humans are naturally weak and stupid. My dark depiction of human nature is not an attempt at grabbing attention. You see, my hypothesis is partially correct. I invoked strong emotions of resentment towards me in you. How does that make you feel? Do you want to hurt me? Deep down inside you want to cause me pain after I caused you such frustration. I can see it in your writing. You see how I manipulated you. How I played you. You were my puppet right from the beginning. This is fun. You think you understand me. Yet you failed to mention about humans having multiple personae. There is the social self and the person who you truly are inside yourself. And there are other personae as well. You value life more then me. You want a happy world and all that fairytale B.S. Wake up. This is life. War is a necessity. Hate is a necessity. Anger is a necessity. Immerse yourself in your emotions so you can learn to control them and learn to use them against people. I'm different from everyone else. I'm "free". What that means to you is irrelevant. What it means to me is truth. I realize that I'm an insignificant speck in the world. I realize that I don't run society. But I can learn to bend people in society. Education is the answer. Education to empower myself. Why? Because it feeds my ego and my personal god-complex. That, and it "amuses" me.
1245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Frozen over momo...
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
Why would anyone want to live somewhere full of yellow, flat-faced, chinks?
10560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Finland baby!
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
im interested in japan

coz i have a japanese blood in me, my grandma is full japanese, and it's my 2nd home countryyyyyyyyy
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 10/20/08 , edited 10/20/08

angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


angelseraphim wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


rhynny wrote:

^ that's the american perspective. Japanese death toll was more like 600,000 civilians and 2 million military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

all other countries in asia lost bout 12.5 million civillians. china alone lost 7 million and indonesia 4 million. if ur talking about civilian deaths, Japan did get off lightly.







Not to mention how those deaths came about. Not to mention their crimes against humanity. Not to mention their constant denial and refusal to accept responsibility (i'm not talking about just reparations). Not to mention their false pride. Not to mention their insane mentality and idea of hierarchy(which goes against all morals). Not to mention their injustice.
AND they still think they're the ones who were disadvantaged. I do know that, if America chose to invade mainland, there would have been more than 1 million Japanese civilian casualties, 500 thousand US casualties. During the final months, the Imperial Japanese Army, were teaching the civilians to fight until every last one of them is dead- never surrender because the military told it's citizens that Americans will :
torture them
kill their families
put them into slavery
kill the emperor
All in all, America's big boys actually did a favour to the rest of the world by instigating the unconditional surrender of the Imperial Jap Army.
As for everything the japs did, it's unforgivable. At least the Nazi Germany admitted their mistakes and sincerely reforming, the Japanese (at least the ones in government) still think their actions were justified and thus even refuse to admit their atrocities. Even now, there are politicians who think their entire involvement in WWII is a fabrication. The fact that Japanese text books don't even mention things like Nanjing, Pearl and human experimentation, shows their lack of respect to other humans. A truly selfish and sub-human mindset. Despicable.


Boo hoo. Cry me a river. I'm not saying that your information is incorrect. It may exaggerated but honorable men may differ. My point is who cares. People die. War, crime, disease. No matter how noble or how despicable people are, they all die. I don't mean to be an ass but your ranting is irrelevant because we are all gonna die. Death puts everything into perspective and makes everything pointless. So what does it matter.


What does it matter? What do you mean what does it matter, if death makes everything pointless then why do you even bother living? According to you, dying right now and dying in 80 years is the same thing.
Life may be worthless to you, but i'm sure the majority out in the world would view life a wonderful thing.
So what does it matter? It matters because some things just ruin life and cause suffering. It matters because life is what society and the world is, without it, there is no existence.
The issue is not whether death matters or not, because i know realistically nobody truly cares about the deaths of randoms that they don't know, however what matters is that you don't insult those who do care by denying them of the truth.
I understand that your ignorant, but don't assume everybody is naive and indifferent like you.


I'm not ignorant. I just don't care about society's woes. You think you're any better. You're a murderer just like every other murderer. I can prove it. I bet you hate me right now. I bet deep down inside you want to kill me after stirred up such strong emotions in you. You can deny it. But its in your nature. The only thing that separates you and everyone else from the murderers is potential. I bet if push came to shove even the most altruistic and benevolent person can create such terrible atrocities. People are fragile, foolish, violent creatures. So easy to manipulate. So easy to break. And you think you're better then the murderers. If you were better then you would be able to surpass your human flaws. But you can't. The sad truth is that this is the pinnacle of humanity. As long as there are humans there will be always be war. The reason I choose to live is because this existence is very amusing. War mongers are amusing. Self righteous pricks are amusing. Religious hopefuls are amusing. Its all one big pointless joke. Hey at least I'm laughing.


I have no doubt now you are indeed ignorant. You have no idea about the value of life, you have no idea about anything concerning other people, your ignorance lies in the fact that you claimed to have summarised human nature. Sadly, you are wrong. Hate doesn't exist until you've felt it and where there's flaws, there are strengths.
Your dark depiction of human nature is nothing but a pitiful attempt at grabbing attention. I find it hard to believe that anybody is actually as warped and twisted as you, to be honest, i don't believe your justification for living at all.
If your purpose of living is to be amused by existence, then you're nothing more than a vegetable. An isolated loner who's been living in a basement too long. If you truly believe what you just posted, then you've wasted your existence. Gonna ask "who are you to judge?" I am someone who obviously values life more than you, I deserve to have a word about an unappreciative naive boy who needs to climb out of his box and see the outside world.
I think everybody in the community can agree that there's more to life than just being manipulated, murderous and feeble. As long as there is a future, there is hope (quite literally).
Unfortunately for you, life is not one pointless joke, i don't see everybody laughing when war breaks out, i don't everybody crackling when the world economy crashes, nor do i see people laughing in disease and famine.
The bottom line is, it doesn't matter whether you care about society's woes or not, society is like a storm, if you care, you'll be ready for it, tucked the cattle in safety sheds, and have your roof reinforced, if you don't care, the only one who ends up homeless and injured, is you. Regardless whether you care or not, society wins. Because you are nothing. You don't run society, society runs you.


Just because I don't value human life and I'm generally nihilistic and apathetic that makes me ignorant? Hate and anger are the most powerful emotions a human can convey. Used properly they can be used to motivate a person to do many incredible things. Whether they are hazardous to humanity is irrelevant. Its all trial and error. The strength of people, of a society does not outweigh their flaws. Humans are still in the process of evolving into the next dimension. Much is to be learned. That is why humans are naturally weak and stupid. My dark depiction of human nature is not an attempt at grabbing attention. You see, my hypothesis is partially correct. I invoked strong emotions of resentment towards me in you. How does that make you feel? Do you want to hurt me? Deep down inside you want to cause me pain after I caused you such frustration. I can see it in your writing. You see how I manipulated you. How I played you. You were my puppet right from the beginning. This is fun. You think you understand me. Yet you failed to mention about humans having multiple personae. There is the social self and the person who you truly are inside yourself. And there are other personae as well. You value life more then me. You want a happy world and all that fairytale B.S. Wake up. This is life. War is a necessity. Hate is a necessity. Anger is a necessity. Immerse yourself in your emotions so you can learn to control them and learn to use them against people. I'm different from everyone else. I'm "free". What that means to you is irrelevant. What it means to me is truth. I realize that I'm an insignificant speck in the world. I realize that I don't run society. But I can learn to bend people in society. Education is the answer. Education to empower myself. Why? Because it feeds my ego and my personal god-complex. That, and it "amuses" me.




Just because I don't value human life and I'm generally nihilistic and apathetic that makes me ignorant? Hate and anger are the most powerful emotions a human can convey.

So can love or happiness. If you had any idea about human emotion, you would know that hate and anger are all relative terms, there is no such thing as "most powerful emotion" because it's relative to how happy, or loved one may feel.

That is why humans are naturally weak and stupid. My dark depiction of human nature is not an attempt at grabbing attention.

How can you claim that humans are naturally weak? Do you know what natural weakness is? Once again the flaw in your argument is that you don't understand that strength and weakness is all relative. Society's flaws in turn does not outweigh it's positives either, in fact i'm certain there are more goodness from society than wrongs because otherwise society becomes a dysfunctional mess. i'm not saying society works perfectly, but it's satisfactory.

I invoked strong emotions of resentment towards me in you. How does that make you feel? Do you want to hurt me? Deep down inside you want to cause me pain after I caused you such frustration.

Resentment is the wrong word, the only emotion i felt towards you was pity, i pitied your bleak view of life, to have such a melancholic view of existence is quite sad, it reminds me of somebody who's got no friends. Such loneliness. Deep down, i wanted to finish my work, but i didn't want to leave this post half done.

You value life more then me. You want a happy world and all that fairytale B.S. Wake up. This is life. War is a necessity. Hate is a necessity. Anger is a necessity.

What is the relevance of the above compilation of statements? You believe you know me just because you can repeat what i've told you? War is not a necessity, neither is anger or hatred, these things are actually often than not, the easiest and most effective solution to some problem. If you think they are necessities of life, then you have misunderstood everything you've ever learned and probably explains the perverted state of mind you have.

You were my puppet right from the beginning. This is fun.

Quite a bold claim. This whole post you've basically been telling me i don't know you and i don't know reality. Ironic that simultaneously, you have been responding to me as if you knew me, as if you knew what i'm thinking. Stop attempting to do that because you're contradicting yourself. You're the only one in the world who would find this fun, i'm certain you're disturbed, been living by yourself for too long.

You think you understand me. Yet you failed to mention about humans having multiple personae.

The "Yet" doesn't link nor does it have any relevance to the previous sentence, actually, what has multiple personae have anything to do with what we're talking about? It doesn't support ANY of your points nor does it negate ANY of mine. Waste of space.

I'm different from everyone else. I'm "free". What that means to you is irrelevant. What it means to me is truth.

You misunderstand again. I'll say it again, you lack the understanding to realise how relative things are. When you say you're different and "free", you assume you know what these terms mean, however to another and in your case most of society, you're just an insignificant fuck who no1 gives a shit about. Which comes back to my point of you having no friends.
The concept of truth is quite interesting, once again you've misunderstood the use of truth. Truth is "suppose" to be the only truth, and i'm guessing that's what you mean, but in reality, which is what you have been arguing for truth is only truth when the majority believes it's the truth. This is why the winner is always the truth, because nobody else is there to say otherwise hence it's accepted as truth. In your case, the truth is not you. You're one person. Truth is what society thinks, just because you think it's the truth, it doesn't mean it is the truth. As i said, what you believe doesn't matter. It's society that matters.

But I can learn to bend people in society. Education is the answer. Education to empower myself. Why? Because it feeds my ego and my personal god-complex. That, and it "amuses" me.

This is where i can freely say you're fucked in the head and you need to get out of your basement and enjoy the fresh air outside. Please. You can't "bend" people in society, all you're doing is taking advantage of their trust. Can you not see you've contradicted yourself? By being able to manipulate "people in society" you've just admitted that there's more honesty and trustworthiness than anger and hatred.
I don't know where you got the last bit of bullshit from but seriously, although education is a tool to better ourselves and learn, it's not something that's suppose to feed personal god complexes.

Perhaps you'd like to define what you mean by amuse? I get the impression you simply sit back and giggle at society in the corner of your basement by yourself with the lights off while staring at the ceiling.

I'd also like to add:
Stop replying you fuck, i cbf typing these long and tedious posts.
I like insulting people so i'll insult you by calling you a fuckwit and a moronice fuck.
(Oh no, i think you manipulated me, woah i'm getting bent too, shit man your education is so powerful you can manipulate AND bend me)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.