First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What is Happening to the Bees?
4675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

zendude wrote:


rockmx8 wrote:


zendude wrote:


rockmx8 wrote:

This is NOT FUNNY PEOPLE!! WAKE UP!!


Well, this does suck. We, as a community, could probably do something, but we are too comfortable to do anything about it. God works through his people, but his people are too lazy and ignorant. God Help Us.

Well, if you think about it, this is not only the epidemic we have. We have problems with biodiesels, which, of course, be much more a threat than losing those bees. Come on, there are more serious matters than this one.


I agree with you dude but without Honey bees how are we supposed to make Food?


Science is a cool wizard at this. Artificial breeding, genetic engineering, and cloning are key to solving this problem. Underground farming has been showing some promises. Unfortunately, all these are pretty expensive when you compare it to nature doing it by itself.


Now to stay on topic, Yes I agree with your statement dude and hope Nature will take its place but Humans need to help make the Positive change happen too.
4675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/13/08

zendude wrote:


Helena100 wrote:


zendude wrote:


Helena100 wrote:


zendude wrote:

I am not butting, but is not post like these just make you look bad, ignorant and close minded (not counting the whole "God" thing). Arguing in the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Meaning in the end you are still, in this sense, "special." I suggest to stop it now before you make a fool of yourself. Forgive me if this has been of any inconvenience.


ROFL! You haven't refuted a single point, and all you did was to show how idiotic you are. Arguing on the internet is similar to the Special Olympics? LOLOLOL! Do you honestly agree with that old quote? Wow... just refute my point, or gtfo.


I have encountered you before, so I see no point in arguing about this subject of "God," or whatever it is you have a problem with. If it makes you happy, disregard God.


You say that because you cannot refute my point, right? Now gtfo if you're not confident with your argument.


Are you serious?

As a Christian who is backed with so much college about Evolutionary Science, Physics, Theology, and Philosophy, the story just shows another point of view about the existence or absence of God. Surely, in scientific terms, something that could not be measured, graphed, or replicated would be something that does not, of course, exist. But let us take into account about the world outside of this world. We know that there are planets out there and maybe life according to Evolutionary Law. Surely, the absence of evidence does not condone to the absence of their existence. How can we measure something when we do not know how to measure it? How can see things if we do not have something to see it with (as in the case of dark matter and antimatter)?

Of course, I can see why you would say you do not believe in such a being because of experiences and such, but how can you disregard others belief when they experienced it themselves. What gives us the authority to blatantly reject ones belief? Of course, some of us was raised by parents, and their actions made us question the real intentions of God (ahem to you Catholics). Some of course, just follow the religion blindly, and some just have their passions burned out because of the absence of God. But have you ever considered that we, humans, are the ones that did not want God's presence. I will prove this by the Bible. God has given has free-will right (that much we know). But consider the Israelites when they where out in the desert. Even in the presence of God, even when they saw God's miracles and wonders, even after they were free from the Egyptian, they totally disregarded God. So is it God that has forsaken us, or did we forsake Him? We are, of course, going to pay for our sins in this life and maybe the next.

And let us consider this fact. In theory, "theory" does not really exist do to the fact that theory suggest the formation of the perfect equations and perfect variables, and as we know nothing is perfect. The real truth, from evolutionary science and the big bang theory, everything lies in a probability map. Nothing in this world is perfect, with the exception of 1+1=2. So to disregard such a being as God would totally be subjective, as it actually takes the same amount of faith to believe and not to believe in Him.

Take this in consideration guys (of faith, of religion, and of atheistic belief).
- The Bible is not a book of science but a book of spirituality. The Bible shows the fall of man and how one could be redeemed. If you ever read the Bible, you will see that the people there are just as sinful (sex, rape, stealing, murder, and other sins [I don't see that in other holy texts]) as we are now, but God still loved them. In a historical view, we already know what is going to happen if when do wrong but yet we still do it. Taken this in to consideration, we will keep on doing the same sins over and over again until the human race cease to exist (or until Jesus comes back). If we learn from the mistakes of the the people of the Bible, then there would be less crap in this world, but no, history has to repeat it self. This generation is no better than the generation of Sodom and Gomorrah. We, as humans, decided that we do not need God, so He respected that, but He still loves us.

As for Einstein, he said this:
"A legitimate conflict between science and religion can not exist. Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind"
"Unfortunately for the scientifically minded, God is not discoverable or demonstrable by purely scientific means. But that really proves nothing; it simply means that the wrong instrument are being used for the job."
-This means a world without religion (Faith in my case) is purposeless, nihilism. A world without science is blind. A bit of both is needed; "Two aspects of the truth" as said by Susan Howatch, a contributor of millions of pounds to the Cambridge University for theological study and natural science.

Even Stephen Hawking, though not a person of faith, said that the universe in the beginning was in the perfect condition to let life exist. Just one mistake in the big bang theory, then we would not have existed. This give us two truths; either we are really really lucky (the real truth of the universe in the natural world) or there most be someone who is tipping the scales for us. Other than that, there is no other possibilities.

By the way, religion does not equal faith. Also, a person who is totally scientific or atheistic is just as closed minded as a person who is totally into religion.


Thank you for answering the question completely, I should've answered it like this as well. If she still refutes you, then just ignore her and talk about the question about the Bees ONLY.
4675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/13/08 , edited 7/13/08

Helena100 wrote:


zendude wrote:

Are you serious?

As a Christian who is backed with so much college about Evolutionary Science, Physics, Theology, and Philosophy, the story just shows another point of view about the existence or absence of God. Surely, in scientific terms, something that could not be measured, graphed, or replicated would be something that does not, of course, exist. But let us take into account about the world outside of this world. We know that there are planets out there and maybe life according to Evolutionary Law. Surely, the absence of evidence does not condone to the absence of their existence. How can we measure something when we do not know how to measure it? How can see things if we do not have something to see it with (as in the case of dark matter and antimatter)?

Of course, I can see why you would say you do not believe in such a being because of experiences and such, but how can you disregard others belief when they experienced it themselves. What gives us the authority to blatantly reject ones belief? Of course, some of us was raised by parents, and their actions made us question the real intentions of God (ahem to you Catholics). Some of course, just follow the religion blindly, and some just have their passions burned out because of the absence of God. But have you ever considered that we, humans, are the ones that did not want God's presence. I will prove this by the Bible. God has given has free-will right (that much we know). But consider the Israelites when they where out in the desert. Even in the presence of God, even when they saw God's miracles and wonders, even after they were free from the Egyptian, they totally disregarded God. So is it God that has forsaken us, or did we forsake Him? We are, of course, going to pay for our sins in this life and maybe the next.

And let us consider this fact. In theory, "theory" does not really exist do to the fact that theory suggest the formation of the perfect equations and perfect variables, and as we know nothing is perfect. The real truth, from evolutionary science and the big bang theory, everything lies in a probability map. Nothing in this world is perfect, with the exception of 1+1=2. So to disregard such a being as God would totally be subjective, as it actually takes the same amount of faith to believe and not to believe in Him.

Take this in consideration guys (of faith, of religion, and of atheistic belief).
- The Bible is not a book of science but a book of spirituality. The Bible shows the fall of man and how one could be redeemed. If you ever read the Bible, you will see that the people there are just as sinful (sex, rape, stealing, murder, and other sins [I don't see that in other holy texts]) as we are now, but God still loved them. In a historical view, we already know what is going to happen if when do wrong but yet we still do it. Taken this in to consideration, we will keep on doing the same sins over and over again until the human race cease to exist (or until Jesus comes back). If we learn from the mistakes of the the people of the Bible, then there would be less crap in this world, but no, history has to repeat it self. This generation is no better than the generation of Sodom and Gomorrah. We, as humans, decided that we do not need God, so He respected that, but He still loves us.

As for Einstein, he said this:
"A legitimate conflict between science and religion can not exist. Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind"
"Unfortunately for the scientifically minded, God is not discoverable or demonstrable by purely scientific means. But that really proves nothing; it simply means that the wrong instrument are being used for the job."
-This means a world without religion (Faith in my case) is purposeless, nihilism. A world without science is blind. A bit of both is needed; "Two aspects of the truth" as said by Susan Howatch, a contributor of millions of pounds to the Cambridge University for theological study and natural science.

Even Stephen Hawking, though not a person of faith, said that the universe in the beginning was in the perfect condition to let life exist. Just one mistake in the big bang theory, then we would not have existed. This give us two truths; either we are really really lucky (the real truth of the universe in the natural world) or there most be someone who is tipping the scales for us. Other than that, there is no other possibilities.

By the way, religion does not equal faith. Also, a person who is totally scientific or atheistic is just as closed minded as a person who is totally into religion.


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Will you please point out which part of your post refutes my point?

How does arguing on the internet = Special Olympics?

Why does God not save Sichuan?

Would God save us this time?


PLEASE just STOP it and LEARN FROM ALL THE DATA AND EXPERIENCE AROUND YOU ABOUT GOD. I also would like to add something his awesome statement he made:

There was a professor of philosophy who was a deeply committed > atheist.>>>>>>His primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester >>>attempting to prove that God couldn't exist.>>>>>> His students were always afraid to argue with him because of his >>>impeccable logic.>>>>>>For twenty years, he had taught this class and no one had ever had the >>>courage to go against him. Sure, some had argued in class at times, but >>>no one had ever really gone against him because of his reputation.>>>>>> At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his >>>class of 300 students, "If there is anyone here who still believes in >>>God, stand up!">>>>>> In twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going >>>to do next. He would say, "Because anyone who believes in God is a fool. >>>If God existed, he could stop this piece of chalk from hitting the >>>ground and breaking. Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet >>>He can't do it." And every year, he would drop the chalk onto the tile >>>floor of the > classroom and it would shatter into a hundred pieces. All >>>of the > students would do nothing but stop and stare.>>>>>> Most of the students thought that God couldn't exist. Certainly, a > >>>number of Christians had slipped through, but for 20 years, they had > >>>been too afraid to stand up.>>>>>> Well, a few years ago there was a freshman who happened to enroll.

He >>>was a muslim, and had heard the stories about his professor. He was >>>required to take the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for >>>three months that semester, he prayed every morning that he would have >>>the courage to stand up no matter what the professor said, or what the >>>class thought. Nothing they said could ever shatter his faith...he >>>hoped. Finally, the day came. The professor said, "If there is anyone >>>here who still believes in God, stand up!" The professor and the class >>>of 300 people looked at him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the >>>classroom. The professor shouted, "You FOOL!!! If God existed, he would >>>keep this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground!" He >>>proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out of his >>>fingers, off his shirt cuff, onto the pleat of his pants, down his leg, >>>and off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken.>>> The professor's jaw dropped as he stared at the chalk. He looked up at >>>the young man, and then ran out of the lecture hall. The young man who >>>had stood, proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared his >>>faith in Islam for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened >>>as he told of Allah's love for them and to be the followers Of our >>>beloved prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him and all the Prophets or Messengers of God before him as Jesus, Moses, etc)>>>and after the class 289 students became muslims>>>

And no this is not a statement to make you convert but something I learned from one of my Friendly Scholars. I acknowledge all 3 Holy Books from the Bible, The Torah and to The Quran as well.
Posted 7/13/08
Don't post in Caps; It sucks and is hard to read~
Bees isn't the center of the food chain~
You won't die if bees are extinct~
I don't know about your "HAARP" thing and I don't believe that it is responsible for China's Earthquake assuming that your too good to be true super weapon does exist.
I don't have anything against praying or something like that but I don't think posting in an Asian site will help you; I think you're only flame baiting.
God prevented America's Nuclear War with Russia? Then it is safe to assume that he allowed America's worthless War with Iraq and the we love pork thing by the US soldiers? Please don't use God for worldly matters.
733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
I hate bees >_>
17939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
Kinda strange how someone makes a statement like God Save Us and this turns into this big argument about why god saves one nationality and not the other. There are religion threads that your arguments would be better suited for.

As for the question at hand, the honeybee situation is messed up. I was watching a show and they mentioned that millions of honeybees have disappeared. People don't realize how much our food is affected by bees
Posted 7/13/08
its like.. the happening lol
7474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Parañaque, Philip...
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
Oh God help us! XD

We should have thought about the consequences of our actions long ago. Now look what's happening. We're killing ourselves slowly without realizing it.

I think scientist will find a way to compensate if ever bees become extinct but I doubt they'll match the food production when the bees were still alive. If we don't do something soon, we'll have a very chaotic future O_o
13202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
hahahaha interesting arguement.
anyway never heard about tons of bees disappearing. random.
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Noitacol
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
the world is corrupted...one of the sign that the end of the world is near.
maybe the bees respond to the climate or global warming..
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Noitacol
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
annddddddddd winnie the pooh soon will die
cuz no honey for him XD
7804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / 椅子の上
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
We're all gonna die anyway, it's just a matter of time. Oh well.
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / philippines
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
So, ongoing to four pages and barely anything about bees... This really is quite a serious problem, because we rely on them to pollinate flowers to produce fruits. Humans are also able to pollinate the plants by themselves, but this is an expensive, tedious and time consuming process.

(If you want people to write coherent, in topic replies, go to Extended Discussion)
4675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/13/08 , edited 7/13/08

Alter-Divide wrote:

Don't post in Caps; It sucks and is hard to read~
Bees isn't the center of the food chain~
You won't die if bees are extinct~
I don't know about your "HAARP" thing and I don't believe that it is responsible for China's Earthquake assuming that your too good to be true super weapon does exist.
I don't have anything against praying or something like that but I don't think posting in an Asian site will help you; I think you're only flame baiting.
God prevented America's Nuclear War with Russia? Then it is safe to assume that he allowed America's worthless War with Iraq and the we love pork thing by the US soldiers? Please don't use God for worldly matters.


Look I didn't know what to say, so I said that type of stuff like that Nuclear War Prevention. I just really wanted to talk about the Bess, then Helena here just kept attacking me about God. How am I supposed to know about why that type of stuff happened, shit happens in the World. You can't blame God on your own problems and then say that why didn't God Help them. I'm no Messenger or big Scholar of God Either, therefore I cannot answer such questions clearly. Look with all respect and belief to God, I don't want to talk about God right now.

I ONLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE BEES, THAT'S ALL. HAARP IS REAL STOP IGNORING THINGS AND CALLING THEM CONSPIRACIES, WE LIVE IN A DANGEROUS TIME WHERE NEARLY ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.



6497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / cLouD9
Offline
Posted 7/13/08
stupid bees.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.