First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Do u think Obesity is a crime?
1652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
Why do some people say theres nothing wrong with obesity, but insist the opposite is true for smoking?
520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
A crime to your body... maybe...
453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

thenatureofthings wrote:

It isn't against the law so therefore it isn't legally a crime O.o

just unhealthy :\




absolutely!!

7711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
nope...obesity is a psychological maladjustment........
13123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Coffee shops, Tea...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
no. poor me if it was.
3617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / on crunchy roll,...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08
obesity is not a crime, nor is it necessarily a sign of being lazy. there is a study that says that 90% of weight issues are genetic. this means that the obese person might not be at fault, but just naturally have more fat than someone else. furthermore, when you're young, do you choose your lifestyle? no, your parents do. so they are at fault just as much as the child.

it's also not a big issue. judge someone on their personality, not their weight. so this issue shouldn't even be addressed, because it's not fair to people who aren't size 0. it makes people feel bad if they aren't skinny. it's topics like this that cause eating disorders and low self-esteem.

keep in mind this is just my opinion, so don't get your feelings hurt.
3617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / on crunchy roll,...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

Jessy123 wrote:

Not everyone is overweight or obese because they sit on a couch pigging out all day. It can be a combination of things including genetics and medication. I know people who eat unhealthily and are lazy but are very skinny, and I know people that hardly eat a thing and are the complete opposite of lazy but struggle with their weight.

If you think obesity should be a 'crime' then surely anorexia should be one too. However, I don't think they are. Yes, some people are obese becuase they are lazy and eat very poorly but a person's weight may also be linked with deeper problems such as eating disorders or difficult situations in their life.


thank you so much for saying this! people act like an obese person chooses that path specifically, but that's not true. all those people prove is that they have no idea why people are obese, and judge solely based on weight. thank you for saying that people have different body types, that lazy doesn't mean obese, and that healthy doesn't mean skinny.
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / It's dark and I c...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

gnangel wrote:


Jessy123 wrote:

Not everyone is overweight or obese because they sit on a couch pigging out all day. It can be a combination of things including genetics and medication. I know people who eat unhealthily and are lazy but are very skinny, and I know people that hardly eat a thing and are the complete opposite of lazy but struggle with their weight.

If you think obesity should be a 'crime' then surely anorexia should be one too. However, I don't think they are. Yes, some people are obese becuase they are lazy and eat very poorly but a person's weight may also be linked with deeper problems such as eating disorders or difficult situations in their life.


thank you so much for saying this! people act like an obese person chooses that path specifically, but that's not true. all those people prove is that they have no idea why people are obese, and judge solely based on weight. thank you for saying that people have different body types, that lazy doesn't mean obese, and that healthy doesn't mean skinny.


i agree. i think it's awful how in todays world people are treated differently or judged by if they're 'fat' or 'skinny'. sure, some people who are obese could help it, but most obese people are overweight because of their genetics. and we can't really blame people for their genes can we? also, if you go to the other end of the spectrum, anorexia isn't a crime either. some people are just more likely to develop it than others - simple as!
3617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / on crunchy roll,...
Offline
Posted 7/22/08

katlikesmilk wrote:


gnangel wrote:


Jessy123 wrote:

Not everyone is overweight or obese because they sit on a couch pigging out all day. It can be a combination of things including genetics and medication. I know people who eat unhealthily and are lazy but are very skinny, and I know people that hardly eat a thing and are the complete opposite of lazy but struggle with their weight.

If you think obesity should be a 'crime' then surely anorexia should be one too. However, I don't think they are. Yes, some people are obese becuase they are lazy and eat very poorly but a person's weight may also be linked with deeper problems such as eating disorders or difficult situations in their life.


thank you so much for saying this! people act like an obese person chooses that path specifically, but that's not true. all those people prove is that they have no idea why people are obese, and judge solely based on weight. thank you for saying that people have different body types, that lazy doesn't mean obese, and that healthy doesn't mean skinny.


i agree. i think it's awful how in todays world people are treated differently or judged by if they're 'fat' or 'skinny'. sure, some people who are obese could help it, but most obese people are overweight because of their genetics. and we can't really blame people for their genes can we? also, if you go to the other end of the spectrum, anorexia isn't a crime either. some people are just more likely to develop it than others - simple as!


right! weight, on both sides, is not a crime. we can't control our genes, it's like blaming people for being blonde, we can't help it.
3648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 7/23/08
It SHOULD be.
2944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / "The World"
Offline
Posted 7/23/08
Considering that Millions all over the globe are starving to death then...yes. It can be considered a crime. Then again, you can't blame them for taking advantage of something they have access to. The one's who should take the blame are the ones who enable people to get Obese.
1187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Look.... im right...
Offline
Posted 7/23/08 , edited 7/23/08
Most fat people have eating issues..

only few get it from genetics (cushing's disease.. i think) and medications (like corticosteriods).

For the people who are obese bcoz of lifestyle.. No It is not a crime, they own their bodies and they have the right to do whatever they want with it. Though according to the Catholic Church it is a sin called Gluttony.

So i guess its a question of morality towards your body and how it affects society, directly or indirectly.
2162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / http://sephirona....
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
It's a crime against yourself. We should all try harder to take care of our bodies. @_@
1967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Ohio
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
It is not a crime, but come one, if your a fattie, you are most likely a potato couch, eating shit, and don't work out.
Please do you and everyone around a favor and RUN YOUR ASS OFF and eat right if your obese.

Obesity is totally fixable.
365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Birmingham England
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
obesity isnt a crime it just shows which people dont take care of their bodies those who are really should or face many illnesses in the future such as diabieties,heart disease and so on
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.