First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Corvette ZR-1 Nurburgring lap
838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 7/14/08 , edited 7/14/08
The Chevrolet said the ZR-1 will lap the 'ring at a blistering pace but here is proof of its speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o
Posted 7/14/08
Everyone is really trying to give the Nissan GTR a run for their money, huh?
The New NSX has already beaten the lap time but I dont remember how much they said it might be. I think the figure was $108,000 or i might have been a readers comment that i read.
838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 7/14/08
I wouldn't say manufacturers are targeting the GTR. It's more likely they just want bragging rights of doing a lap record for marketing purposes.
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Online
Posted 7/14/08
It's called competition...We can't have one company owning the streets, can we?
Posted 7/14/08

aznrice2k4 wrote:
It's called competition...We can't have one company owning the streets, can we?

One company? more like one domestic market lol
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/15/08
It's good to see the 'vettes are stepping up their game. It'll be a while before they get out of their "midlife-crisis" category people have put that car and the viper in, but this is a great step forward.

However, Nurburgring is pretty much Nissan's territory, so i'm more interested in how Nissan's V-Spec GTR's will perform.

I got the biggest kick when sooooooooo many Chevy owners were partying like mad when the Cobalt SS beat the R32 GTR in time attack. First thing i started saying was "Awesome!!! Chevy finally was able to beat an over 15 year old car!!!"

683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 7/15/08

RossoCorsa wrote:

It's good to see the 'vettes are stepping up their game. It'll be a while before they get out of their "midlife-crisis" category people have put that car and the viper in, but this is a great step forward.

However, Nurburgring is pretty much Nissan's territory, so i'm more interested in how Nissan's V-Spec GTR's will perform.

I got the biggest kick when sooooooooo many Chevy owners were partying like mad when the Cobalt SS beat the R32 GTR in time attack. First thing i started saying was "Awesome!!! Chevy finally was able to beat an over 15 year old car!!!"



Its very close to 20 years if they used the 89 GTR. The r32 had really bad understeer too.
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/08 , edited 7/16/08
whos gonna pay 400k for a chevy...

http://jalopnik.com/396780/dealer-gouging-reportedly-sends-2009-corvette-zr1-to-amazingly-insane-price-of-413000

400k for a chevy you might as well throw feces inside your nose or somthing

definitely NOT the smartest choice in cars with that kind of money...

but THERE WILL be buyers sadly
Posted 7/17/08
It will be no where near the 400k mark. i dont see this thing selling well if it does. its a chevy not a ferrari.
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/08
did you read the link?
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 7/17/08

YagamiLight wrote:

whos gonna pay 400k for a chevy...

http://jalopnik.com/396780/dealer-gouging-reportedly-sends-2009-corvette-zr1-to-amazingly-insane-price-of-413000

400k for a chevy you might as well throw feces inside your nose or somthing

definitely NOT the smartest choice in cars with that kind of money...

but THERE WILL be buyers sadly


Heh 400k is Bentley territory and actually missing almost all the Ferrari s except the FXX and the Enzo which exceed the price. GTR is clearly the better deal no matter how gm fan boys or gm its self try to justify it.
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/08

RossoCorsa wrote:

However, Nurburgring is pretty much Nissan's territory, so i'm more interested in how Nissan's V-Spec GTR's will perform.

I got the biggest kick when sooooooooo many Chevy owners were partying like mad when the Cobalt SS beat the R32 GTR in time attack. First thing i started saying was "Awesome!!! Chevy finally was able to beat an over 15 year old car!!!"




Uhh what? Nissan's territory? GM's practically rented an apartment there since they started developing the first CTS...

And no one who has ever driven a Viper has put it in the mid-life crisis category...
510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Elmont
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
i think the new GT-R should be reconized for its power and its background history of racing performance, chevy aint got nothing on NISSAN
838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

mejia86 wrote:

i think the new GT-R should be reconized for its power and its background history of racing performance, chevy aint got nothing on NISSAN


Interestingly enough the GT-R is recognized for a lot of things. Magazines from as far as Great Britian to Germany to the United States have implored the sheer speed and ability of the GT-R. I do not agree with the whole 'backround history of racing performance' because the car rarely raced worldwide. Nissan races the GT-R in the SuperGT series whereas Corvettes are raced in the American Le Mans Series, Le Mans Series, FIA GT, FIA GT3 amongst other sanctioned series. I think the Corvette Racing program is a lot larger than Nissan's GT-R.
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

rp997 wrote:


mejia86 wrote:

i think the new GT-R should be reconized for its power and its background history of racing performance, chevy aint got nothing on NISSAN


Interestingly enough the GT-R is recognized for a lot of things. Magazines from as far as Great Britian to Germany to the United States have implored the sheer speed and ability of the GT-R. I do not agree with the whole 'backround history of racing performance' because the car rarely raced worldwide. Nissan races the GT-R in the SuperGT series whereas Corvettes are raced in the American Le Mans Series, Le Mans Series, FIA GT, FIA GT3 amongst other sanctioned series. I think the Corvette Racing program is a lot larger than Nissan's GT-R.


Do you know why the Nissan skyline GTR / Nissan GT R is not used much in racing? Its because its banned from almost all forms of racing because the car did too well and destroyed the competition even in its own race class. Its advance awd system allowed for very late braking into turns and its twin turbo engine allowed the car the quickly accelerate out of corners starting near the apex of the turn which is ideal racing strategy in the corners. Rwd cars cant do that so there would be major understeer into the turn and a potential spinout near the exit of the turn if not careful throttle control at the exit.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.