Post Reply Final Fantasy XIII
Member
889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 7/14/08
Anyone else mad about XIII going to the 360?
392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Myu
Offline
Posted 7/14/08
It's not an exclusive 360 though. Square-Enix would never slap Sony's hand like that. Launching on multiple platforms is probably the best idea that Square-Enix ever came up with. It's basically for people who can't afford the PS3 but already have the 360, you know?

Reach a bigger audience without breaking anyone's wallet, very intelligent indeed.
Member
2759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/08
Well the Good thing is that Versus is still exclusive but now I got another reason to buy a 360.
Member
3251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / So-Cal!!
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

kenpachi_vii wrote:

It's not an exclusive 360 though. Square-Enix would never slap Sony's hand like that. Launching on multiple platforms is probably the best idea that Square-Enix ever came up with. It's basically for people who can't afford the PS3 but already have the 360, you know?

Reach a bigger audience without breaking anyone's wallet, very intelligent indeed.


dude r u crazy??..........they just screwed sony

Sony is the 4 biggest share holder in Square....and they just LOST alot of money allowing 360 to have that game....and alot of there Hardcore Die hard Sony fanboys

fk'n...Square u SELL OUTS!!! xO !!

-RpGJuNki3
392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Myu
Offline
Posted 7/16/08

RpGJuNki3 wrote:

dude r u crazy??..........they just screwed sony

Sony is the 4 biggest share holder in Square....and they just LOST alot of money allowing 360 to have that game....and alot of there Hardcore Die hard Sony fanboys

fk'n...Square u SELL OUTS!!! xO !!

-RpGJuNki3


And? Everyone cried when Squaresoft left Nintendo for Sony's better software but look at what we got from that deal. Now Square-Enix is going multiplatform and the Sony fanboys are shitting bricks? Let's look at the positives shall we? People who don't wanna shell out 400-500 dollars on a PS3 can settle for a 200-300 dollar Xbox 360 if they want FF13. Or more realistically, everyone who wanted a PS3 and couldn't afford it probably settled for an Xbox 360 when they all first launched.

So yeah, Square-Enix sold out but even though they were only thinking about the money that could be made, all of us Final Fantasy fanboys can have our game regardless of what system we wanted to get (save for the Wii). Diehard Sony fanboys can just keep crying to their mamas because the rest of the population wants Final Fantasy without paying outrageous prices.
Member
3251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / So-Cal!!
Offline
Posted 7/16/08 , edited 7/16/08

kenpachi_vii wrote:


RpGJuNki3 wrote:

dude r u crazy??..........they just screwed sony

Sony is the 4 biggest share holder in Square....and they just LOST alot of money allowing 360 to have that game....and alot of there Hardcore Die hard Sony fanboys

fk'n...Square u SELL OUTS!!! xO !!

-RpGJuNki3


And? Everyone cried when Squaresoft left Nintendo for Sony's better software but look at what we got from that deal. Now Square-Enix is going multiplatform and the Sony fanboys are shitting bricks? Let's look at the positives shall we? People who don't wanna shell out 400-500 dollars on a PS3 can settle for a 200-300 dollar Xbox 360 if they want FF13. Or more realistically, everyone who wanted a PS3 and couldn't afford it probably settled for an Xbox 360 when they all first launched.

So yeah, Square-Enix sold out but even though they were only thinking about the money that could be made, all of us Final Fantasy fanboys can have our game regardless of what system we wanted to get (save for the Wii). Diehard Sony fanboys can just keep crying to their mamas because the rest of the population wants Final Fantasy without paying outrageous prices.



LOL...ur comparing the FF move from SNES to PS1??.......dude that was a common sense move

BUT as for 360...COMON! there not getting anything out of going to 360 but more money??...that system doesn't even touch the PS3 capabilities( it cant even HANDLE MGS4!! haha)

....what they should be doing is sticking and staying LOYAL to SONY...A company who saved them from demise when FF Spirits Within Flopped....
( "off Topic" and personally that movie flopping at the box office forced a merge with Enix...a fuckin epic failure outcome" )
BUT being with PS3....more capabilities! ....more amazing NEXT LEVEL GEN. GAMES!!.....

and yes...i agree Ps3 price is outrageous on a certain level.....but then u gotta realize its ten times better then the 360??...u honestly wouldn't shell out 100 more bux for blue ray?...and 80 gb???...........ur crazy man....

-RpGJuNki3





Member
809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Zanarkand
Offline
Posted 7/17/08
Actually the game is only scheduled for release on the 360 in North America and Europe.....so far.
392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Myu
Offline
Posted 7/17/08

RpGJuNki3 wrote:


kenpachi_vii wrote:


RpGJuNki3 wrote:

dude r u crazy??..........they just screwed sony

Sony is the 4 biggest share holder in Square....and they just LOST alot of money allowing 360 to have that game....and alot of there Hardcore Die hard Sony fanboys

fk'n...Square u SELL OUTS!!! xO !!

-RpGJuNki3


And? Everyone cried when Squaresoft left Nintendo for Sony's better software but look at what we got from that deal. Now Square-Enix is going multiplatform and the Sony fanboys are shitting bricks? Let's look at the positives shall we? People who don't wanna shell out 400-500 dollars on a PS3 can settle for a 200-300 dollar Xbox 360 if they want FF13. Or more realistically, everyone who wanted a PS3 and couldn't afford it probably settled for an Xbox 360 when they all first launched.

So yeah, Square-Enix sold out but even though they were only thinking about the money that could be made, all of us Final Fantasy fanboys can have our game regardless of what system we wanted to get (save for the Wii). Diehard Sony fanboys can just keep crying to their mamas because the rest of the population wants Final Fantasy without paying outrageous prices.



LOL...ur comparing the FF move from SNES to PS1??.......dude that was a common sense move

BUT as for 360...COMON! there not getting anything out of going to 360 but more money??...that system doesn't even touch the PS3 capabilities( it cant even HANDLE MGS4!! haha)

....what they should be doing is sticking and staying LOYAL to SONY...A company who saved them from demise when FF Spirits Within Flopped....
( "off Topic" and personally that movie flopping at the box office forced a merge with Enix...a fuckin epic failure outcome" )
BUT being with PS3....more capabilities! ....more amazing NEXT LEVEL GEN. GAMES!!.....

and yes...i agree Ps3 price is outrageous on a certain level.....but then u gotta realize its ten times better then the 360??...u honestly wouldn't shell out 100 more bux for blue ray?...and 80 gb???...........ur crazy man....

-RpGJuNki3







Yes I'm comparing the move from Nintendo to Sony because regardless of the reason for moving, the motive is the same: more money. But beside that point you're still overlooking the fact that the PS3 costs a lot of fucking money. People don't want to buy the PS3 for just one game unless they're completely hardcore. What about the leisurely players who only want to enjoy Final Fantasy XIII but don't want to shell out for the PS3? Are you saying that they HAVE to go out and buy the PS3 for one game? Not everyone who likes Final Fantasy likes all of the other Sony exclusive games, you must realize this.

With the way things are going it doesn't look like the PS3 will be any cheaper than the Xbox 360 anytime soon. I'm not trying to measure the capabilities of the systems here because let's face it, you're right that the Xbox 360 pales in comparison to the PS3. But like I've been trying to say, people who aren't willing to shell out that extra 100-200 dollars for the PS3 can still enjoy FFXIII on an economy friendly budget.

It seems to me like you're still hung up over the debate between which system is better. Yes, the PS3 is better. You've made your point. That still doesn't mean that everybody should destroy Square-Enix for deciding to launch this way because you must see that it is VERY smart to launch to a wider audience. And besides that, I realized that Squaresoft has always been looking for easy outs. I'm sure you know that the first Final Fantasy was intended to be their copout game so there's some similarity in their past decisions.
Member
3251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / So-Cal!!
Offline
Posted 7/17/08
before i say something i like to ask u a question??

why did u buy an xbox 360?......

-RpGJuNki3
392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Myu
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
Because I have nothing better to do with my money...I also have a Wii and a PS3 so I'm not playing favorites here.
You must be logged in to post.