First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Heavy Metal
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
ok, good enough explanation for me. Thanks azrael. It's because the only song that I had heard from them was Ride the Dragon, and one song isn't really a base to judge them by.
3342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Vienna
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
Slayer is good!! and you can forget the rest...
except some industrial Metal bands like Ministry or Genitorurers...
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
Killswitch Engage
Devildriver
mastadon
Archenemy
marylin manson *not really metal i guess*
sworn enemy
mayhem *they be ok*
Zeromancer *darkwave*
Slayer
NIGHTWISH
Rammstein
Type O' negative
Cradle of Filth
Atreyu
Black Label Society
Korn
and much much more!
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
yeah get rid of manson and korn please, it's for your own good
1556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/7/07

animoo_x wrote:


azrael910 wrote:

Hmm why does slipknot suck? I used to listen to Slipknot in high school and I've come to realize just how dull and cliche they are. Their lyrics are cookie cutter teen angst. Their music borders on being heavy, but keeps it safe enough not to alienate listeners. I think their music (by nu-metal standards) was good enough to stand on its own without needing the masks, but that's just my oppinion. It only made them look more juvenile. Their isn't anything extreme about Slipknot or it's music. They only appear to be extreme when compared to their nu-metal peers - let alone emo.



yea i agree...whats with the masks? maybe without the masks theyre tolerable but the masks just makes them childish. like theyre trying to hard to be "original"..they took the whole mask thing to the extreme as well.
slipknots music has never been anything outstanding. its always be horrifically safe. nothing that really makes an impression. so thats why i dont like them. why should i like something thats just mildly tolerable? theres enough crap music around thanks.


naw they are going for the michael jackson look with the masks and as a wise friend once said "Children stay in drugs, don't do school, and never listen to Slipknot" but yeah they never really were able to make a song i could listen to continuously without thinking am i emo or do i rape people i mean seriously they have wtf lyrics as in wtf are they singing and how the fuck do they make so much money.
507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / up ur ass on the...
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
i dont like that many new band i prefer old ones like
deep purple
kiss
black saboth
guns n roses
ac dc
queen
metallica
but i also like some new bands like korn and fear factory and slipknot
Unicorn Princess
15230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
3 Inches of Blood
Alhambra
aphasia
The Black Mages
Cellador
DGM
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
FEEL SO BAD
Galneryus
Gunbridge
Hibria
Megadeth
Onmyouza
Sahara
Shadow Gallery
Sonata Arctica
STARLESS
Symphony X

WrathS is introducing me to more non-Eastern-Asian bands too.
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / around here somew...
Offline
Posted 3/7/07
Alabama Thunderpussy for the win
6815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle ,WA
Offline
Posted 3/8/07
Iron Maiden Slayer Cradle of Filth DevilDriver
Arch Enemy Galneryus Blood Stain Child Slipknot Napalm Death Lamb of God SOAD Chimaira Fear Factory Pantera Nevermore Onmyo-Za Sex Machineguns Dragonforce Sepultura (old skool) Metallica (old Skool) Childrem of Bodom some Megadeth Motorhead Black Sabbath Aphasia Soulfly
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 3/8/07

mokatek wrote:

Killswitch Engage
Devildriver
mastadon
Archenemy
marylin manson *not really metal i guess*
sworn enemy
mayhem *they be ok*
Zeromancer *darkwave*
Slayer
NIGHTWISH
Rammstein
Type O' negative
Cradle of Filth
Atreyu
Black Label Society
Korn
and much much more!


You earn 100,000 cool points for mentioning Mayhem who are very out of place on that list.
265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Iowa City
Offline
Posted 3/8/07
The best part about this thread is that I myself am in 2 metal bands right now, writing melodic metal in my free time and trying to apply theory in the best ways possible, while you kids are debating about Slipknot.

It makes me lol on the inside. Like some sort of time-reverse (time signaturez!) paradox lol.

I feel like I am some sort of expert on metal, and this whole thread is beneath me in a way.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/8/07
lol your arrogance amuses me greatly, and you like philosophy? now there's a paradox for you. slipknot rules! *tries not to vomit*
kidding aside, I'm not very familiar with good bands that have only female members, is not that I think women don't know how to play good metal, just that I don't know/remember any.
and please don't tell me the band kittie is a good example.
Posted 3/8/07

WrathS wrote:

The best part about this thread is that I myself am in 2 metal bands right now, writing melodic metal in my free time and trying to apply theory in the best ways possible, while you kids are debating about Slipknot.

It makes me lol on the inside. Like some sort of time-reverse (time signaturez!) paradox lol.

I feel like I am some sort of expert on metal, and this whole thread is beneath me in a way.



Sooo being in a metal band automatically will make someone an expert?...I gotta get in on this shit!


Trevor (OP)
2198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 3/8/07

kyocool wrote:


WrathS wrote:

The best part about this thread is that I myself am in 2 metal bands right now, writing melodic metal in my free time and trying to apply theory in the best ways possible, while you kids are debating about Slipknot.

It makes me lol on the inside. Like some sort of time-reverse (time signaturez!) paradox lol.

I feel like I am some sort of expert on metal, and this whole thread is beneath me in a way.



Sooo being in a metal band automatically will make someone an expert?...I gotta get in on this shit!


Trevor (OP)


i have to agree that guy is full of it. u may be in a metal band and u think ur a expert, but thats why ur still playing in ur basement or garage or whatever
6815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle ,WA
Offline
Posted 3/8/07
hmm burn
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.