First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Contradicting Ideals
Posted 2/18/11 , edited 2/18/11

Roranai wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


Roranai wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


Roranai wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


Roranai wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


Roranai wrote:


loveandhate wrote:

List some phrases or ways people have contradicting thoughts

Example:
My Cousin is Kuji Cao, he is 21, and is in the Military. He told me that the reason he is in the military is because he wants to stop people from needless dieing. But yet he is in the military killing people in other countrys....


I would like you to post your own contradicting thoughts or comment on mine


I wouldn't say that's a contradiction... He might not necessarily kill people... but even if he did there's something you have to think about... when you clean up a messy building or room.. you'll probably get your hands dirty.. it just means that to bring peace you might have to end some lives... it's sad but necessary at some points... not saying that if there's any kind of unrest you should just bust in with guns and blast some faces... but if it's a group of people that are bombing the piss shit out of people you MAY want to cap them before they blow and kill a few hundred or thousand people... stop one life to save one hundred seems like a fair trade... but this should ONLY happen AFTER you attempt to solve the problem with words... for a prime example of this watch Code Geass!


Hah, he joined the military to save people? Now that sure is heart felt. Yes it is one of the largest contradictions. Fighting to end fighting. That's pretty FUNNY.


Ya know the old phrase "Fight fire with fire." well there's some people out there that won't listen unless you defeat them... it's not a laughing matter at all :\ if all problems could be solved with "please" and "I'm sorry" there wouldn't be any need for a military


They could be solved with please and sorry but society today has become controlled by private interest. Long ago organized fighting like you see today did not exist. Fights were much sparser and overall the way of life was much more peaceful. We screwed up in the direction we took society by then rationalizing the pursuit of the dollar at the expense of others.

Now it's not even about the dollar, it's all about the DEBT. Just look at wallstreet, they don't even trade money, they trade IOU's and make a killing off of it.



For a while it was peaceful but war has been a part of man-kind for a long time... mainly over territory but also over simple disputes like marriage or religion... and sometimes people would just kill people to kill people... barbarians from northern Europe mercenaries taking over cities... blood feuds... now it's gang wars... not all fighting is over money but nowadays there's a lot that is about personal interest... it's unfortunate... man-kind has always been violent... they just need a reason to do it... now to contradict an earlier post... I don't think that it's possible to clean up the world and bring peace to it... while the thought is nice and I appreciate the thoughts of the cousin in that post, I don't think that humans are capable of it... at least not for another thousand years... when there are conflicting ideas or conflicting interests there will be conflict... unwritten rule of mankind #1... it's a sad thought and I would like for it to be wrong... but I don't think it is :\


Those are the old wars which I could seen a justification for at certain point. However a majority of today's wars are invented intentionally at the manipulation of centralized banks.

They get to make bank on war, literally. They print money, loan it for war efforts, then force the government to pay it back at interest. That hurts you, me, and puts the politicians at the mercy of the private centralized bank who prints the money.



Yep I'm aware of that... it's unfortunate :\ it's crazy how much man-kind is ruled by the sin of greed... they'd be willing to screw over the whole world just to make a buck... Greed, Pride, Wrath, and Lust... man-kinds conflicts arise from these... they have for centuries... and still no one's learned any better... trying to learn from our mistakes and trying not to make them in the future.. some people don't do this... they don't learn... and unfortunately sometimes... those people get a hold of power... such as banking and debt holding...


It's one of the primary reason the USA was established to succeed from Great Britain. To break off the of central bank. We failed, and are paying for it dearly, at the cost of media spin/subtle brainwash that pulls at your nationalistic pride. It is in our schools, our jobs, the unions. Products, fashion. All working against what has happened that should not exist.

If people hate america so much in other countries. Then they need to voice no hatred and doomsday for us, but a cry to fix the system that is spiraling out of control.

What I find sort of funny is that watching Gundam 00 will actually teach you more about the underhanded side of the world than any federal schooling institution. And no I am not basing what I say after gundam 00, I am merely saying that gundam 00 actually has many parallels to real world situations.



lol I know what you mean... I just started watching 00 the other day... it's pretty crazy... and who says anime is child's stuff... but yeah... we need to fix our country and our system otherwise there's gonna be hell to pay... even worse than it is now I assure you... who knows... maybe a Lelouche vi Britannia will appear and the world will be saved... but rather than wait for that to happen we need to do something ourselves... raise the awareness and light a fire under the people that say "It's not my problem" their world is collapsing around them and all they care about is whether they get their check at the first of the month... it's a messed up world...


Yep, that's sort of the problem we have now. People who may pick up small realizations of the larger picture, but feel too inferior to do anything. Once you start lining everything up, you have to act on it to make a difference. We are reaching a climax with the setting up of FEMA camps throughout the US, and soon once the government can no longer pay off the interest to the debt. They will call a force leisure. Which means an unpreventable problem.

After this, the Amero will be released to the public costing dollars on the penny. So if you have a thousand dollars in dollar bills, that would translate to maybe fifteen Amero. It won't be affordable, and the elite know it. It's their personal currency to trade with other nations after all. The currency the public will receive is the RFID implanted tracking chip. The human equivalent of a dogs shock collar.



RFID commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUwtNEdLQ9s

Amero issue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj2oC64NSIA



Interesting history of IBM's 'business as usual'. IBM is the company creating the RFID... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefdIdLIf1Q

357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/18/11
The fact that this thread is in the general discussion section instead of the extended discussion section is quite hilarious.
46231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 2/18/11
Thanks for the videos... it's pretty messed up... people are... I already knew about the chips... well I knew they were gonna happen... but who made them or how long it was gonna be was still unknown to me... didn't know about the Amero though... guess it makes sense... what needs to happen is we need to get some good politicians in office... or perhaps a revolution... here's hopin that won't be necessary... there's 3 things that the government can do to help the US in the right direction... but I doubt they'd do it... get control of the unions and stop their power mad rampage... cancel NAFTA... and legalize weed... those 3 things I have a feeling would help the US soooo much as far as the economy... it was the right choice to legalize alcohol and that's part of the reason we got out of the Great Depression... weed would be that exact same thing... NAFTA so our companies won't go to Mexico for cheap labor and free shipping to the US... and the Unions for raping the companies and making them want to not be here...
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/18/11
Everyone contradicts themselves at one point.


Also, to add about this little discussion about war going on....and that fighting to save lives is wrong......I think you are sadly mistaken.

If we could end fighting with simply words about peace and such, we would. The fact of the matter is we cant. There are people out there that the only cure for them is death.

If you have 2 situations where in either situation will result in a loss of life for your side, you will obviously choose the path that results in the least amount of life lost.

Now I know somebody is going to take what i said out of context and say I am PRO WAR for everything, which isnt the case, but the obvious truth is that your never going to have world peace. Ever. Unless you take over every country to fit your ideals, and even then, you will have fighting amongst yourselves
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 2/18/11
Ugh. I disagree with all of you, damn it. Total thread derail FAIL. Isn't this what extended discussion and having buddies is for?

On that note, I am full of contradictions. I do not claim to be consistent. I don't claim to be sure or right all of the time. I believe that for those whose intentions are truly good and they mean no harm, that small amounts of hypocrisy are understandable. I can't explain where I would draw that line, just that people should be more forgiving. We're all human. Shit happens.

I agree with the earlier post about cognitive dissonance. I try to reduce this dissonance as much as possible. Being open and honest helps me. I suppose it depends on how thoroughly someone is judging you. If scholars or the rabid media were to pick me apart, I'm sure I'd be full of contradicting ideals and hypocritical actions/words/behaviors. Okay, well, I hope not...
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 2/19/11
Christianity. That is all I have to say.
Posted 2/19/11 , edited 2/19/11

superluccix wrote:

Everyone contradicts themselves at one point.


Also, to add about this little discussion about war going on....and that fighting to save lives is wrong......I think you are sadly mistaken.

If we could end fighting with simply words about peace and such, we would. The fact of the matter is we cant. There are people out there that the only cure for them is death.

If you have 2 situations where in either situation will result in a loss of life for your side, you will obviously choose the path that results in the least amount of life lost.

Now I know somebody is going to take what i said out of context and say I am PRO WAR for everything, which isnt the case, but the obvious truth is that your never going to have world peace. Ever. Unless you take over every country to fit your ideals, and even then, you will have fighting amongst yourselves


The wonderful thing about opinions, is there are no mistakes in them.

Fighting is normal. Fighting because a guy wants more money and so he gives people a nationalistic belief as to why they should fight for him isn't. It's a sickness, yet it is socially accepted. If you are pro war, you are some how objective, yet if you are against a war, you are not.

It's a double standard that needs to end. I have very pragmatic reasons as to why current wars are a very bad idea, and not just because it's 'war'. You should take off those rose colored glasses eventually. People going overseas to save lives are not getting what they have hoped for.

For the record. I am not a pacifist. I just believe that people need to see what war really is. Shoot a man for your politicians and you're a hero. Shoot a man out of passion, and you're a murderer. It's not right. Killing can only be murder.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11
[




Ill try to respond to each little paragraph type thing you wrote.

Fighting is normal yes. Fighting because a guy wants more money and then he tells people to fight for him for some other reason is indeed bad, however we are not at war with anybody over money. Also, another reason its bad is because that person would be outright lying to us. But once again, we arent in a war where we are fighting strictly for money. So I dont know why you even bother using what you said as an example. Of course people who are Pro War are going to be objective....because that is the flat out truth. We all know we cant solve all of our problems with words.....if we could, we wouldnt need police. The fact of the matter is, the people who are against War NO MATTER WHAT the circumstances are....are indeed the ones who are not objective....because they believe words can solve all lifes problems, which it obviously cannot.

Its not a double standard. You have reasons why you think war is bad....everybody can think of some....so thats not anything to really take note of. Im not wearing rose colored glasses....once you read my first paragraph you will hopefully see what Im talking about. People going overseas are not getting what they had hoped for? That is clearly subjective and differs from person to person....also, its obvious that the people who are overseas knew that this war wasnt somehow going to end very quickly....but I bet all of them know that by them being over there, they are making the rest of the people in the US safer....now that is a definite truth. And what do you think people going overseas were hoping for anyway?

Definition of Pacifism. Pacifism is the opposition to war or violence.

You HAVE to be a pacifist to be saying what you are saying....you are saying that War is NEVER the answer.....therefore if you think War is NEVER the answer....you are a pacifist......if you believe that WAR is never the answer....then you obviously believe that violence is never the answer as well. You are indeed the very definition of a Pacifist. People need to see what War really is? Im pretty sure people already know that War is nothing to be smiling about....as it has a ton of negatives....I doubt anyone doesnt already know this. Shoot a man for your politician and your a hero? Not sure why you think that....since most if not all of the soldiers are killing people for their politician....they are doing it for their loved ones and the rest of the people at home. Shoot a man out of passion and your a murderer? Well we have to understand just how broad you take the term of murderer.....if someone kills someone regardless of the reasons....then sure you can call him a murderer.....however you can also call someone who kills someone who is going to kill someone else as a hero...since they protected someone from being murdered themselves. So Im not sure if you were going for an absolute statement...but if you were....then thats not true...since by our own terms...you can kill an enemy out of passion....but can still be called a hero....not always a murderer. But this part of the paragraph doesnt mean much, so Ill move on. Sure, killing can only be murder....but they are multiple types of murder......some murders involve protecting a loved one....some murders involve with your pure intent on killing them.....some murders are pure accidents.....some murders happen when you couldnt control yourself.....some murders happen during war which inevitably is protecting your country. In America, we differentiate betweens these types of murders.....however some of these types of murder are not penalties against the person who committed them....but most of the types of murders are.

So in conclusion....you are indeed a Pacifist. Which Im not really looking down on you for since it is a nice human trait to not want to have anything to do with violence. However do not ever believe or say on a forum with absolute certainty that Words are the answer to everything. Because common sense will tell you otherwise.
Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11

superluccix wrote:

[


..but I bet all of them know that by them being over there, they are making the rest of the people in the US safer....now that is a definite truth.


No, war increases tensions and makes more people to want to harm us despite being civilians, and it leaves more vulnerabilities in the home land.

I never said that war was never the answer. So no, I am not a pacifist. War isn't something that should be viewed a glass half full, and I don't believe it would be healthy to give any good pro any more weight than a good con.

Especially today where a majority of facts that you hear are carefully constructed by think tanks to work deceptively like propaganda.

So what are your thoughts on 'smart' bombs?
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/20/11


Just because someone can have mass hate for us, does not mean they are a threat. When you win a war, you basically killed off their means that they were using to combat us. Obviously there will be resentment from both sides, thats inevitable, EVERYTHING can have resentment from both sides....me hitting a homerun will have some people on the other team hate me...some players on my own team may be jealous of me....my point being there is obviously going to be resentment. However resentment does not equal threat.

How does war bring more vulnerabilities to the homeland? If we defeat the other side in War, that would LOWER vulnerabilities to our homeland, since we defeated them, their economy would worsen, their supplies would be less.....whatever tools they had that could be used to terrorize our homeland will obviously be lessened after the war.

If we went to war in the first place, the other side obviously hated us, so saying that war will bring hatred doesnt mean anything.

If the enemy hated us....they would have hated us before and during the war.....and obviously they would hate us after the war.

However if they didnt hate civilians before the war....and during the war....they obviously arent going to hate civilians after the war....if they were able to have that much rationale to not hate us before or during it

In conclusion.....Just because someone hates or resents us....does not mean it heightens the threat to us. I can hate Obama all I want, but I can guarantee you that I would never even think of trying to kill him
Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11

superluccix wrote:



Just because someone can have mass hate for us, does not mean they are a threat. When you win a war, you basically killed off their means that they were using to combat us. Obviously there will be resentment from both sides, thats inevitable, EVERYTHING can have resentment from both sides....me hitting a homerun will have some people on the other team hate me...some players on my own team may be jealous of me....my point being there is obviously going to be resentment. However resentment does not equal threat.

How does war bring more vulnerabilities to the homeland? If we defeat the other side in War, that would LOWER vulnerabilities to our homeland, since we defeated them, their economy would worsen, their supplies would be less.....whatever tools they had that could be used to terrorize our homeland will obviously be lessened after the war.

If we went to war in the first place, the other side obviously hated us, so saying that war will bring hatred doesnt mean anything.

If the enemy hated us....they would have hated us before and during the war.....and obviously they would hate us after the war.

However if they didnt hate civilians before the war....and during the war....they obviously arent going to hate civilians after the war....if they were able to have that much rationale to not hate us before or during it

In conclusion.....Just because someone hates or resents us....does not mean it heightens the threat to us. I can hate Obama all I want, but I can guarantee you that I would never even think of trying to kill him


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_0Nd6w1FRI

You should watch this. It didn't cover as much as I had hoped and doesn't get into the 'nitty gritty', but it will give you more information than FOX or MSNBC will ever let you know.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11


I am not going to bother watching a video, if you yourself cannot use rationale reasoning of your own. (But its more or less that the video is 10 minutes long, and I have an idea of what its going to try to tell me)

I am not here to debate whether the media spins things

I am not here to debate whether civilians have died in war.

I am here for one thing. To tell you that being a Pacifist is illogical, and blinding yourself to reality.

War sucks, I know, but sometimes, it is the only option

Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11

superluccix wrote:



I am not going to bother watching a video, if you yourself cannot use rationale reasoning of your own. (But its more or less that the video is 10 minutes long, and I have an idea of what its going to try to tell me)

I am not here to debate whether the media spins things

I am not here to debate whether civilians have died in war.

I am here for one thing. To tell you that being a Pacifist is illogical, and blinding yourself to reality.

War sucks, I know, but sometimes, it is the only option



Since when did I start being unreasonable? You are putting a lot of words in my mouth and throwing around quite a few unwarranted labels.

It doesn't seem like you really have any knowledge in this matter, so I don't think you can back the claim that I am the one who is blind to reality.

Doesn't seem like you enjoy debating at all.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11


I apologize if what I said came off the wrong way, I was implying that you were using a video when you could not use your own thoughts on the matter.

Ill ignore the 2nd part, since it seems that was directly related to you thinking I said you were being unreasonable

Lets try this again.

Add some new things for me to reply back to

Edit: Since you havent replied back in what I seem as a reasonable amount of time compared to your other posts. I will start


You are using your emotions to make your decisions, and are not using logic. That is where we differ.

It is also how the Left and Right side of the political spectrum differ as well
Posted 2/20/11 , edited 2/20/11

superluccix wrote:



I apologize if what I said came off the wrong way, I was implying that you were using a video when you could not use your own thoughts on the matter.

Ill ignore the 2nd part, since it seems that was directly related to you thinking I said you were being unreasonable

Lets try this again.

Add some new things for me to reply back to

Edit: Since you havent replied back in what I seem as a reasonable amount of time compared to your other posts. I will start


You are using your emotions to make your decisions, and are not using logic. That is where we differ.

It is also how the Left and Right side of the political spectrum differ as well


As much as I love a good debate, I just don't feel it in me to elaborate on my thoughts today. Also, I am not a Liberal or what many consider left wing if that is what you are thinking. In fact, I see most Liberals as useful idiots to sway public opinion towards social benefits that are only used to obtain further authority against the public.

What I fight or used to fight against is not definable to any political definition. It is something called Globalization. The only advice I follow is to never let sides determine a bias when researching, and to always factor in your sources and cross reference for legitimacy, whether they be Liberal, or Conservative.

I can tell you, if you listen only to right wing rhetoric, you will only be half knowledgeable and manipulated towards a unfavorable agenda, the same is true on the opposite spectrum.

Anyways, the facts are out there, happy hunting. I have to finish darker than black, I'm on the last ep
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.