First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Rap or Crap?
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
Retards
Attempting
Poetry
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
T.I . can choke on a dick in prison for all i care, but Luda is a beast, not sayin that he better/worse than Face but Face brought luda into the game so...respect all around

I dont disagree wit best in the south Period, its some debatable names, OutKast for one....ok maybe just OutKast...for now
Posted 10/24/07
OutKast = YES!!!!!
479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / somewhere....
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
Personally I don't like rap music. I think it really depends on your point of view. To me I think it's crap, and taking up to much space for other types of music. But that's just me.
3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

xDemonxWolfx wrote:

Personally I don't like rap music. I think it really depends on your point of view. To me I think it's crap, and taking up to much space for other types of music. But that's just me.


Care to elaborate on ur point of view.............

3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

Tevesh wrote:

Rap is dead, but nobody told the rappers yet. Rap died when the songs stopped having depth. Now rap is all about girls, guns, money and drugs; really bad.


No offense, but please read the quote below me and try elaborate on ur dislike for hip hop a lil bit more about "guns, girls, drugs, etc."


crasyjak wrote:

1. To all the people who say 'rap is crap' at least respect my preference of music, i hardly see any rap/hip hop fans talkin down on other genres. And if you gonna keep repeating that corny-ass phrase at least have some original justifications/support for your position.
Just in case u were too ignorant to notice, most of the pro-rap/hip hop people are in agreement that there are A LOT of wack-ass rappers in popular media... so MOVE ON with your next reason why rap sucks

2. CONTENT Just because an artist constantly talks about sex, drugs, violence, & materialism doesnt NECESSARILY make the music bad. Sometimes the delivery of the message is more noteworthy than the actual message (summerized thought)

BTW rappers arent the 1st or last to sell content of this nature


24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

Tevesh wrote:

Sry, I wasn't clear. It's not that rap has sex, drugs, violence and money; but the fact that it doesn't have anything else. Again, sry for not stating that earlier.


WRONG that just all you listen to, the MOST OBVIOUS notable name is KANYE WEST i can honestly stop at him, but for further reference, Common, mos def, talib, papoose,..... & just for kicks if you feel like me & are tired of all the bullshit in the media, take a trip back to the 90's or 80's even get on some 2pac, nas, tribe called quest, KRS-ONE, public enemy, even NWA has its socially concious songs
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

Tevesh wrote:

Sry, I wasn't clear. It's not that rap has sex, drugs, violence and money; but the fact that it doesn't have anything else. Again, sry for not stating that earlier.


WRONG that just all you listen to, the MOST OBVIOUS notable name is KANYE WEST i can honestly stop at him, but for further reference, Common, mos def, talib, papoose,..... & just for kicks if you feel like me & are tired of all the bullshit in the media, take a trip back to the 90's or 80's even get on some 2pac, nas, tribe called quest, KRS-ONE, public enemy, even NWA has its socially concious songs
3650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / My house
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
I like tupac because he more inspirational than most of the new rappers
*coughs coughs*
3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

KunaixIchigo wrote:

I like tupac because he more inspirational than most of the new rappers
*coughs coughs*


Most of the rappers in the 90s are more inspiration than ALL of the new rappers

24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
i'm for the most part stuck in the 90's & its rappers (even the ones still rapping), thats what i grew up on, thats what i love
3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

crasyjak wrote:

i'm for the most part stuck in the 90's & its rappers (even the ones still rapping), thats what i grew up on, thats what i love



Tevesh wrote:

And that was when it was good. But modern rap destroyed the entire genre. I can't listen to the radio any more it's so bad!


Co-sign.............but I also listen to the newest mixtapes (the good quality East Coast mixtapes). Fuck the radio stations, only radio station I still fucks with is Hot 97, even tho they're borderline going in the same path as the other hip hop stations around the nation.
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
but its nothing wrong with listening to soulja boy or whoever in the club, thats the only place i feel wack ass rap i relevant: at partys & festive events, nobody wants to listen to papoose in the club (including me, & dispite all my friends' opinions i luv pap, no homo)
3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

crasyjak wrote:

but its nothing wrong with listening to soulja boy or whoever in the club, thats the only place i feel wack ass rap i relevant: at partys & festive events, nobody wants to listen to papoose in the club (including me, & dispite all my friends' opinions i luv pap, no homo)


If I'm @ a club, I'll tolerate it.........'cause that's the true purpose of that garbage shit. But if you've been to a few hip hop clubs in NY, you'll be very surprised @ how many Papoose and/or Saigon songs get played in the clubs up there.

4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / anywhere theirs i...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
lets see dont really like rap like a couple of songs that get blown up but i like singing more then i like rapping
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.