First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Rap or Crap?
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 10/21/07
I really don't listen to today's mainstream "hip hop". I believe that today's "hip hop" isn't hip hop at all. Where's your DJ? Your MC? B-Boys? Graffiti artists? There aren't any. These cats nowdays just use a beat machine or some tracks... MAYBE a DJ... but just as background candy. There's some old school people that still incorporate the DJ as their band-Beastie Boys are one of them. Dilated Peoples is another. It's like artists today are just sampling other artists more and more. Bring back the old school. NWA. DJ Jazzy Jeff + FP. Public Enemy.
I guess Rap today is CRap.
Just my .02
4688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Palm Beach, Florida
Offline
Posted 10/21/07
Hip-hop vs. America

Just youtube it.
5386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/07

sacredmoon wrote:

I like rap music, but a lot of it has gone downhill. It is a little hard finding some with comprehensible lyrics. I like Kanye because he raps about some cool stuff. I'm so sick about hearing rap that has to do with shooting up everybody and f***ing whores. I mean, how many times can you say that? And how offensive can one be?


Kanye is pretty much one of my favorites right now. Hes the only one coming out with new interesting music. example ''Good Life'' thats a big tune out right now.
6203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/07
mainstream rap is pretty much cRap.
alot of it is hypocritical and talks about stuff that they think i envy (i don't) and about doing some stupid dance
578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / US
Offline
Posted 10/21/07
I listen to rap. Sometimes I play it in my car while I'm driving around, and I hate any party that doesn't have rap music. I even like to do the soulja boy dance (i had to look "soulja" up to figure out how he spells it) and I've taught plenty of people of all different backgrounds at my school how to do it.

However, rap has no meaning to me. I like beats, I like to jump around and act stupid at parties, but when I'm listening to rap I rarely listen to the lyrics. I like to hear the music behind the words, because it gets me "hype" and I think it's fun. When I'm tired of it, I turn on some other type of music. Maybe some Maroon5 or... anything else, really.

The bad thing about rap is that so many people use the images put out by the music as an idol for their lifestyle. The primary thing that sets rap apart from other music is that it is the MOST INFLUENTIAL music out there. Does any type of mainstream music really contribute to the progression of society or civilization in general? No. Rap is just the most popular, and thus it receives the most attention, making its effects widely noticeable. The sad thing is that these effects usually aren't good.

So yeah, rap is crap. It's is an ultimate power these days. It'll take a revolution to change the mainstream rap of today, not just because it is popular music, but because it has become a popular lifestyle. What is needed is someone who will step up and start making better music that keeps the same feel, but with better morale. The industry needs to take the current maintstream rap off of the charts. Until then, I'll just keep listening. Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't know... I don't care. I do what I like, because I can control myself.

Superman Dat Hoe!
3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/21/07

Skales wrote:

I listen to rap. Sometimes I play it in my car while I'm driving around, and I hate any party that doesn't have rap music. I even like to do the soulja boy dance (i had to look "soulja" up to figure out how he spells it) and I've taught plenty of people of all different backgrounds at my school how to do it.

However, rap has no meaning to me. I like beats, I like to jump around and act stupid at parties, but when I'm listening to rap I rarely listen to the lyrics. I like to hear the music behind the words, because it gets me "hype" and I think it's fun. When I'm tired of it, I turn on some other type of music. Maybe some Maroon5 or... anything else, really.

The bad thing about rap is that so many people use the images put out by the music as an idol for their lifestyle. The primary thing that sets rap apart from other music is that it is the MOST INFLUENTIAL music out there. Does any type of mainstream music really contribute to the progression of society or civilization in general? No. Rap is just the most popular, and thus it receives the most attention, making its effects widely noticeable. The sad thing is that these effects usually aren't good.

So yeah, rap is crap. It's is an ultimate power these days. It'll take a revolution to change the mainstream rap of today, not just because it is popular music, but because it has become a popular lifestyle. What is needed is someone who will step up and start making better music that keeps the same feel, but with better morale. The industry needs to take the current maintstream rap off of the charts. Until then, I'll just keep listening. Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't know... I don't care. I do what I like, because I can control myself.

Superman Dat Hoe!


That will never happen, Corporate America won't allow it b/c they want to keep their consumers stupid so they can make money off of their mindless brains.
578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / US
Offline
Posted 10/21/07

big_j_gangsta wrote:
That will never happen, Corporate America won't allow it b/c they want to keep their consumers stupid so they can make money off of their mindless brains.


Exactly! Thus is the scheme of America. Rap had such potential, too...
3593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/21/07

Skales wrote:


big_j_gangsta wrote:
That will never happen, Corporate America won't allow it b/c they want to keep their consumers stupid so they can make money off of their mindless brains.


Exactly! Thus is the scheme of America. Rap had such potential, too...


It still has potential........you just gotta go underground. Holla @ the boy Trev, he knows where all the underground rappers at

8358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / s'pore
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
Well... i feel that rap basically really don't made much sense. However, once in a while you find somje raps which are kind of meaningful. (eg Black eye peas, where is the love)
735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Alberta
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
It depends there are a few good songs but it has to have meanin it cant be about gettin stoned and fucking its gotta have lyrical meaning.
2547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
As far as I'm concerned, mainstream rap and hiphop died in the nineties. Almost nothing substantial exists except for a few classic artists still making records.

Now it's all about the underground. Artists like A Tribe Called Quest, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, Zion I, and a handful of others.
889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
rap is crap in my opinion.
20107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / London-England
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
Rap is awsome!!
4395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
its a crap
1353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In the mugen worl...
Offline
Posted 10/22/07
Wad kind of crap is rap? lol!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.