Remove this ad
First  Prev  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  Next  Last
Why we hate 4Kids?
111772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
ITs a dubbin' thing, ahahah
58092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Where My Heart Lives
Offline
Posted 8/26/09

Hitsugaya_Yukiko wrote:

Shaman King, Pokemon, Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piecee, Winx Club (Italian cartoon), Sonix X, Dinosaur King, Yugioh, Yugioh GX, (and they have licensing rights on Yugioh 5D)and Digimon were destroyed by 4kids.

Names were changed, ages were changed, plotlines were changed.


i agree with you on that. i think it was the last straw when they give Sanji a Lollipop as a sub for a cigarette. They ruin the character like that, but then again it targeted towards kids. But, it still ruined the character. And let's not begin to start with digimon and Yugioh.
323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
4kids killed anime
The Wise Wizard
67687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/26/09

Cyberpirate wrote:


Niinett wrote:

*koffkoff** 4kids? o_O


4Kids is an anime dubbing company. I haven't really seen any of their dubbed anime before, but I heard they suck at it and they are basically destroying anime with their dubs.


The problem isn't just that they dub it. It is that they live up to their name. They take anime and convert it into something for kids.

I remember this clip from YouTube about what Higurashi would look like if 4Kids got ahold of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28
613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canadahh.
Offline
Posted 8/26/09 , edited 8/26/09
Cause its for kids .. as their name says.
They make it for kids, take out all the cool interesting things that make it cool,
and just make it for .. little 10 year olds.

And they mess up the anime with horrible dubs.
/thread.
21529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
hate them...
T.T
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
because they censor the living daylights out of everything
30090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / on my laptop, whe...
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
they destroy anime
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
Awww... CRAP! I F****** HATE 4 KIDS! FUNIMATION IS SOOO MUCH BETTER!
Posted 8/26/09
I HATE 4KIDS THEY MESSED UP ONE PIECE MY FAVORITE ANIME!!! 4KIDS BOO!!!
111772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/26/09
Ohhh... o_O
30865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/28/09

Kittychi75 wrote:


tohukyo wrote:


PichuDX wrote:


Hitsugaya_Yukiko wrote:

Shaman King, Pokemon, Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piecee, Winx Club (Italian cartoon), Sonix X, Dinosaur King, Yugioh, Yugioh GX, (and they have licensing rights on Yugioh 5D)and Digimon were destroyed by 4kids.

Names were changed, ages were changed, plotlines were changed.


so true


wow i nvr knew that. well anyways

dubs ruin anime and dubs ruin the personalities of characters
the voices nvr actually match most of the characters wen u compare it to the subbed ones
of course the annoying name changes...they get corny
most anime languages are cleaned up-no such words like stupid, idiot, bastard, etc
there are so many wrongs in dubs


That's why I only watch subs of Naruto...and damnit, the way they pronounce his name on Cartoon Network!!! Ugh! I cringe everytime I hear it! My husband always laughs at me when I roll my eyes or frown at the mispronounciation.


recently ive been watching rurouni kenshin and i cringe at the way they say the names all wrong too xp its like how the heck do they not pronounce it right. since they're voice actors and supposedly pros, i'd expect them to take time to learn how to say the names right if they rly like their job. other than that, its all half-assed in a way.
56991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Now I'm in VA...d...
Offline
Posted 9/3/09

tohukyo wrote:


Kittychi75 wrote:


tohukyo wrote:


PichuDX wrote:


Hitsugaya_Yukiko wrote:

Shaman King, Pokemon, Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piecee, Winx Club (Italian cartoon), Sonix X, Dinosaur King, Yugioh, Yugioh GX, (and they have licensing rights on Yugioh 5D)and Digimon were destroyed by 4kids.

Names were changed, ages were changed, plotlines were changed.


so true


wow i nvr knew that. well anyways

dubs ruin anime and dubs ruin the personalities of characters
the voices nvr actually match most of the characters wen u compare it to the subbed ones
of course the annoying name changes...they get corny
most anime languages are cleaned up-no such words like stupid, idiot, bastard, etc
there are so many wrongs in dubs


That's why I only watch subs of Naruto...and damnit, the way they pronounce his name on Cartoon Network!!! Ugh! I cringe everytime I hear it! My husband always laughs at me when I roll my eyes or frown at the mispronounciation.


recently ive been watching rurouni kenshin and i cringe at the way they say the names all wrong too xp its like how the heck do they not pronounce it right. since they're voice actors and supposedly pros, i'd expect them to take time to learn how to say the names right if they rly like their job. other than that, its all half-assed in a way.


From what I've heard, the actors do pronouce it right; it's the announcers of the channel...they say 'Na ROO to', instead of Naruto. Yuck!
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 9/3/09 , edited 9/3/09

Kittychi75 wrote:
From what I've heard, the actors do pronouce it right; it's the announcers of the channel...they say 'Na ROO to', instead of Naruto. Yuck!


lol I don't think pronounciation is what people should be concerned with.
I heard the dubbed version of Naruto on CN and... maybe it's just me, but the guy who did Kakashi's voice makes Kakashi sound like a perverted middle aged man. (even though it is fact, but at least make him sound like a COOL perverted middle aged man). But then again, I only saw like two minutes of it, so maybe it's just that one scene... ^^;;
Sometimes dubs can be good, but most of the time that is not the case, sadly...
454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Floating Along Th...
Offline
Posted 9/3/09
They made Brock say, "Water Pokemon are weak to Fire Pokemon!!!"



That made me giggle.
First  Prev  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.