First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Avatar: The Last Air Binder
10183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / The state of Wash...
Offline
Posted 7/18/08 , edited 7/18/08
The Avatar series is in its last season. All of the final episodes are being played this week on Nickelodeon. On Saturday an Avatar movie will end the show.

For all the Avatar fans, what do you think of the series?

What do you think of the final season? I think it is too short.

Would you like to see more of the Avatar?
Posted 7/18/08
yep what he said is right.. avatar is not an anime.. >.<

1. it was cute but i didnt like it that much

2. i dunno.

3. no no.
7649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / around there .
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
I Like avatar.:)
I'd like to see more of avatar.
It thought it was very interesting
I don't think it was short.:)
6811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
....I just wanna see the end......and it'd be nice if they come up with an epilogue episode. Like...what happened afterwards. xD
104033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 7/18/08
You noobs learn what anime is >.> avatar is anime.
313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Anywhere with food!
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
I fully understand that Avatar cannot be considered anime since it was made in the US. However I enjoy it immensely as a Television program.

I love the series. It's got a great plot and it has introduced the American Public to anime like concepts in a way that's easy to swallow for people who would never normally watch that sort of thing.
The last season wasn't necessarily too sort but the series was broken is strange sections and spaced too far apart.
I would love to see more Avatar but I think that the story will be over after Sozin's Comet so I'm not sure what it would cover. I'd hate to see a really horrid spin off more than never seeing Avatar again.

104033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 7/18/08

RamenFaerie wrote:

I fully understand that Avatar cannot be considered anime since it was made in the US. However I enjoy it immensely as a Television program.

I love the series. It's got a great plot and it has introduced the American Public to anime like concepts in a way that's easy to swallow for people who would never normally watch that sort of thing.
The last season wasn't necessarily too sort but the series was broken is strange sections and spaced too far apart.
I would love to see more Avatar but I think that the story will be over after Sozin's Comet so I'm not sure what it would cover. I'd hate to see a really horrid spin off more than never seeing Avatar again.



what how can you say that, >.> avatar IS anime >.>
598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
Anime or not it still Good!
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

brookline wrote:

The Avatar series is in its last season. All of the final episodes are being played this week on Nickelodeon. On Saturday an Avatar movie will end the show.

For all the Avatar fans, what do you think of the series?

What do you think of the final season? I think it is too short.

Would you like to see more of the Avatar?


Avatar is not to be considered as an anime. An animation can be called anime if it is made in Japan.
Therefore, wrong section.

Not an Avatar fan but I can't just leave this thread here.
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
PRINCE ZUKO! his gay pony tail. X)
Posted 7/18/08

TriPad wrote:


brookline wrote:

The Avatar series is in its last season. All of the final episodes are being played this week on Nickelodeon. On Saturday an Avatar movie will end the show.

For all the Avatar fans, what do you think of the series?

What do you think of the final season? I think it is too short.

Would you like to see more of the Avatar?


Avatar is not to be considered as an anime. An animation can be called anime if it is made in Japan.
Therefore, wrong section.

Not an Avatar fan but I can't just leave this thread here.


anime that is made in japan is not the only kind of anime, avatar would be considered anime because it has the one thing that makes it an anime:MOVEMENT
though i would like to know what you would classify anime as
313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Anywhere with food!
Offline
Posted 7/18/08

AnimeKami wrote:


RamenFaerie wrote:

I fully understand that Avatar cannot be considered anime since it was made in the US. However I enjoy it immensely as a Television program.

I love the series. It's got a great plot and it has introduced the American Public to anime like concepts in a way that's easy to swallow for people who would never normally watch that sort of thing.
The last season wasn't necessarily too sort but the series was broken is strange sections and spaced too far apart.
I would love to see more Avatar but I think that the story will be over after Sozin's Comet so I'm not sure what it would cover. I'd hate to see a really horrid spin off more than never seeing Avatar again.



what how can you say that, >.> avatar IS anime >.>


Well my understanding was that anime was technically speaking a stylized Japanese Cartoon. Although Avatar is ANIMATED that doesn't quite make it ANIME. Not that I'm burning the series or anything. My Mom and I both basically glued to the TV whenever it's on.
104033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 7/18/08

RamenFaerie wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


RamenFaerie wrote:

I fully understand that Avatar cannot be considered anime since it was made in the US. However I enjoy it immensely as a Television program.

I love the series. It's got a great plot and it has introduced the American Public to anime like concepts in a way that's easy to swallow for people who would never normally watch that sort of thing.
The last season wasn't necessarily too sort but the series was broken is strange sections and spaced too far apart.
I would love to see more Avatar but I think that the story will be over after Sozin's Comet so I'm not sure what it would cover. I'd hate to see a really horrid spin off more than never seeing Avatar again.



what how can you say that, >.> avatar IS anime >.>


Well my understanding was that anime was technically speaking a stylized Japanese Cartoon. Although Avatar is ANIMATED that doesn't quite make it ANIME. Not that I'm burning the series or anything. My Mom and I both basically glued to the TV whenever it's on.


http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anime
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
Avatar is not considered an anime because of its American origin; one review has commented that "Avatar blurs the line between anime and (US) domestic cartoons until it becomes irrelevant."Avatar has many features of anime, such as having a different color palette from other animated shows.

Avatar creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino confirmed a particular anime influence in a magazine interview:

The best anime balances great action sequences with humor and emotion, something we try to do on Avatar. We love all the films of Hayao Miyazaki, especially Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Both movies deal with spirituality and the environment in an entertaining way. Also, there's a lot of great animation."

According to an interview with the artists of Avatar, Appa's design was based on the Catbus in My Neighbor Totoro, due to the peculiar task of creating a mammal with six legs.

Avatar draws inspiration from the anime works of Shinichiro Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL (Fooly Cooly) of Gainax. Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli. Bryan has commented that some of his most cherished Watanabe fight scenes were the fight between Bebop's Spike Spiegel and a drug smuggler in "Asteroid Blues," as well as the duel between Mugen and a blind female Jojutsu-user in the Champloo episode "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)." Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy FLCL and watch every single episode of it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_the_last_airbender#Anime
125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/18/08
its BENDER not binder
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.