First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
why does anything exist?
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

paperback wrote:

because of 42


hhgttg was pretty good but there ontology fails.

plus, they should have used 23...
2769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Monterey
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

simo2332 wrote:


paperback wrote:

because of 42


hhgttg was pretty good but there ontology fails.

plus, they should have used 23...


42 is easier to say and flows better than 23, plus 23 would just remind everyone of Jordan

963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

paperback wrote:


simo2332 wrote:


paperback wrote:

because of 42


hhgttg was pretty good but there ontology fails.

plus, they should have used 23...


42 is easier to say and flows better than 23, plus 23 would just remind everyone of Jordan



true, maybe 46? i was going to say 69 but i thought, nah.
i think O would of suited best.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

simo2332 wrote:

some very deep ontology for yas to go crazy over.

why does anything exist?

would it not make more sense if there was nothing at all?

as for theists, no getting out of this with god.
god created everything but why does he exist in the first place?

i also add this (to inject some apathy into your thought :D) ; existence could not have been created for a reason because something would of had to of existed to create it and give it a reason. existence has nothing dependent on it and so is unnecessary. existence has no objective purpose or value.

i already have my own answer for this but i want to see what people think.


It's kinda hard to tell a theist to drop God out of their answer, it's like the whole reason they're a theist. Second, God is a someone (or concept, whatever) that cannot be compared to anything on earth, so to ask why God exist is something no one on earth can truely answer.
And if there is no God, we can do whatever the hell we want. If enough people agreed, they could scrub the whole jail and police idea and be anarchic. Or everything could be like Vice City.
If existance has no purpose then everything would be random, even the entire universe. And if that was true then everything we do is pointless. That would suck.
So in conclusion there just had to be a purpose for creation and existance, randomness is out of the question.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

crunchypibb wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

some very deep ontology for yas to go crazy over.

why does anything exist?

would it not make more sense if there was nothing at all?

as for theists, no getting out of this with god.
god created everything but why does he exist in the first place?

i also add this (to inject some apathy into your thought :D) ; existence could not have been created for a reason because something would of had to of existed to create it and give it a reason. existence has nothing dependent on it and so is unnecessary. existence has no objective purpose or value.

i already have my own answer for this but i want to see what people think.


It's kinda hard to tell a theist to drop God out of their answer, it's like the whole reason they're a theist. Second, God is a someone (or concept, whatever) that cannot be compared to anything on earth, so to ask why God exist is something no one on earth can truely answer.
And if there is no God, we can do whatever the hell we want. If enough people agreed, they could scrub the whole jail and police idea and be anarchic. Or everything could be like Vice City.
If existance has no purpose then everything would be random, even the entire universe. And if that was true then everything we do is pointless. That would suck.
So in conclusion there just had to be a purpose for creation and existance, randomness is out of the question.


i never said you had to ditch god completely out of the answer, i said if you believe in god dont use him as the only answer, instead, explain why he exists in the first place.


4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

simo2332 wrote:


crunchypibb wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

some very deep ontology for yas to go crazy over.

why does anything exist?

would it not make more sense if there was nothing at all?

as for theists, no getting out of this with god.
god created everything but why does he exist in the first place?

i also add this (to inject some apathy into your thought :D) ; existence could not have been created for a reason because something would of had to of existed to create it and give it a reason. existence has nothing dependent on it and so is unnecessary. existence has no objective purpose or value.

i already have my own answer for this but i want to see what people think.


It's kinda hard to tell a theist to drop God out of their answer, it's like the whole reason they're a theist. Second, God is a someone (or concept, whatever) that cannot be compared to anything on earth, so to ask why God exist is something no one on earth can truely answer.
And if there is no God, we can do whatever the hell we want. If enough people agreed, they could scrub the whole jail and police idea and be anarchic. Or everything could be like Vice City.
If existance has no purpose then everything would be random, even the entire universe. And if that was true then everything we do is pointless. That would suck.
So in conclusion there just had to be a purpose for creation and existance, randomness is out of the question.


i never said you had to ditch god completely out of the answer, i said if you believe in god dont use him as the only answer, instead, explain why he exists in the first place.




I just mentioned no one has ever answered the exact reason why God existed except that it's for Him to love His creation. The rest is then explained above.
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
but
existence could not have been created for a reason because something would of had to of existed to create it and give it a reason. existence has nothing dependent on it and so is unnecessary. existence has no objective purpose or value.

and because god exists, as you say, he is also mingled in with the above.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
hmm? because humans tend to label things..... because humans ask this and that.. because humans ego wanted to know everything... wanted to be recognized... to be important.. to be number one.. to have a reason of exisence....

If you think it objectively... everything might be nothing. our existence might be nothing. We don't have to exist, everything don't have to exist. So the state of this world is just the same. It is it. Existence is just human's term.
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

simo2332 wrote:

but
existence could not have been created for a reason because something would of had to of existed to create it and give it a reason. existence has nothing dependent on it and so is unnecessary. existence has no objective purpose or value.

and because god exists, as you say, he is also mingled in with the above.

well i dont have an answer but i have a question
how come when we talk to someone we understand what they are saying and this is also for typing how do we understand the conversation
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

tweety_cool wrote:

hmm? because humans tend to label things..... because humans ask this and that.. because humans ego wanted to know everything... wanted to be recognized... to be important.. to be number one.. to have a reason of exisence....

If you think it objectively... everything might be nothing. our existence might be nothing. We don't have to exist, everything don't have to exist. So the state of this world is just the same. It is it. Existence is just human's term.


i was not asking if existence has purpose, i was asking why is there existence instead of nonexistence.
"existence is just human's term" i agree with this to some extent.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
yes... and existence itself doesn't have to exist. so i can't say that what we have now is existence. It's human's term after all.

So my answer....... because somebody label it....
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

CPJP wrote:


simo2332 wrote:

but
existence could not have been created for a reason because something would of had to of existed to create it and give it a reason. existence has nothing dependent on it and so is unnecessary. existence has no objective purpose or value.

and because god exists, as you say, he is also mingled in with the above.

well i dont have an answer but i have a question
how come when we talk to someone we understand what they are saying and this is also for typing how do we understand the conversation


when we hear a word we first hear it as a sound, our brain then recognizes it as a word with a meaning.
pretty much the same with writing but with letters instead of sounds (letters being little pictures/symbols).
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/08

tweety_cool wrote:

yes... and existence itself doesn't have to exist. so i can't say that what we have now is existence. It's human's term after all.

So my answer....... because somebody label it....



i dont get the last bit
15567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Away from CR forevaa
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
Hey ive sometimes considered taht too
and i hve never ever found a conclusion to my question before
i hope someone finds out^^
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/19/08
hmmm.... To put it simple..... we can't define what is existence and what is not. existence, as you say, and i agree, is just a way to define things. Starting with something you can see, you can feel, and then,.... later on you can detect (by radiation and stuff) and etc. But something that can't be detected might also "existed". So... my point is... everything might be there to begin with. And we don't know what is there in the beginning till the end. It is just a constant thing, with no boundary such as exist and not exist. It's just a human term, where everything that we can detect is labeled as exist, and everything else as (temporary) doesn't exist.... So... it's just a label....

dahhhhhh... I guess I spouting too much bullshit without clear argument.... hahahaha...... I really want to know your point of view... you seem to have interesting point....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.