Created by stardust_lkd
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply [POLL] Which character in Iljimae has the worst life story?
833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 7/26/08

unlucky_baka wrote:

Man...the writer sure knows how to make the characters' lives miserable!


Damn! I agree! Hahaha!
833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 7/26/08

MiniChews wrote:

hi. ok. before i type anything...i would like to warn you. this is a major spoiler. please do not read the follow post if you did not watch up to episode 18. thank you.
ah, furthermore, please do not flame. i realize that i may be oppose your ideas at some points. i do not wish to sound rude or offensive. if you do take this offensively, please calm down. that is not my intention. for those of you who do want to confront me about something that i have stated in my post, whether it be to contradict me or to concur with me, please send me a PM. but please do realize that i will only respond to mature messages, so if you would like to have a sophisticated conversation with me, i will be more than happy to do so. thank you.


I agree with you too! My sentiments exactly.
833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / singapore
Offline
Posted 7/26/08
I voted for Young because from the start (first 2 episodes), his life was already distinctively miserable from anyone else's. It is definitely not Ja Dol/Shi Hoo although I think he is 2nd. The reasons why is stated by MiniChews.

Secondly, when you watch the show all the way to the end, too many people died and so OF COURSE it has to be Young!
7887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Kpop World
Offline
Posted 7/27/08

andrushk wrote:

Ryung,becuz his father and sister died in front of his own eyes


I agree
Member
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
of course iljimae. He had like 3 different names...
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tenafly, New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
I voted for Shi-Hoo.

Iljimae definately has a bad life story but grew up with a "father" that cared for him deeply (Swe-Dol).

Where as Shi-Hoo is an illegitimate son and grows as a poor kid without a father when one day his mother just sends him off to live with a wealthy man that she claims is Shi-Hoo's "father". Just because the household that Shi-Hoo lives in is richer, that doesn't make it any warmer or more loving. His step-mother and brother don't really acknowledge him as a member of their family and constantly torment him about it. And since life is miserable for him there he tries to go back to his real mother but she refuses to allow him back into her life because she thinks he'll have a better life as a noble (so not true!)

To make things even sadder, Shi-Hoo has to be the person that is partially responsible for his father's death (that would just kill me if I found out I my father's death was my responsiblity). Also he's in love with a girl that he thinks is his sister (he probably really hates himself for it too). He spends a large part of his adult life trying to chase Iljimae only to find out that the person he's been trying to kill is his own half-brother. I just feel really bad for Shi-Hoo, he's so pitiful.
878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / 415
Offline
Posted 8/1/08

MiniChews wrote:

geom had a good childhood. if his memory hadn't returned, he could've lived peacefully for all of eternity. his memory came back, starting his life of hardships.

ja dol had to go through pain a lot earlier than yong, because he never had amnesia. ^^;; so his hardships started when yong's hardships were paused momentarily.

da nee had to act like a bitch. =\ that would hurt. to hurt your loved ones to make sure that they don't die?

oh...and just to add in...does anyone else hate eun chae? sure, she does a lot to help the poor...but SHE'S SO ANNOYING! like...i wish she could just try to keep herself out of trouble. i don't like it how they pair her up with iljimae, just because she's pretty. it makes geom/yong/iljimae shallow. =_=


I thought your argument for each case was well thought out. Geom's trouble did began when he got his memory back. He lived two life, one as the tortured Iljimae in search for the truth behind his father's death, and one as the carefree street rat... which was quite a stress-reliever considering what his mind has to go through as Iljimae.. he had to always be on his toes. But Geom and Yong both grew up with a "father" that cared for him deeply (Lee Won Hoo & Swe-Dol, respectively)

But for Ja Dol.... what does he have??? He never knew the love of his biological father (Lee Won Hoo), and he lost the warmth of his adopted father, Swe-Dol. He was thrown into a household in which he was treated poorly because he was a bastard.


HanaHangul wrote:

To make things even sadder, Shi-Hoo has to be the person that is partially responsible for his father's death (that would just kill me if I found out I my father's death was my responsiblity). Also he's in love with a girl that he thinks is his sister (he probably really hates himself for it too). He spends a large part of his adult life trying to chase Iljimae only to find out that the person he's been trying to kill is his own half-brother. I just feel really bad for Shi-Hoo, he's so pitiful.


The younger generations lived in lies, deceit, and secrets.... that was no less different from Iljimae's amnesia. Eventually the truth will surface and it will have the same effects as recalling your memory. Iljimae recovered from his memory earlier in the drama,... but what about Ja Dol??? When will his truth surface???? He still live in lies as of episode 17. There are only three episodes left. What kind of life did he live??? Did he ever knew the true value of a smile or a laugh, if it were not the guilty smile when amused by Eun-chae (because he obviously had a deeper than brotherly love for her... we can at least all agree on that). Up to this point, everyone has made the choices for their lives... but Ja Dol choices were kind of limited. He thought the Army Lord was his father. He had to endure the criticism from both his family and peers. He didn't know any truth... Worst, the truth he would find out will only reveal his bloody hands as if he was the one who physically pierce that sword into his biological family's hearts.

On another note.... I do find Eun Chae annoying. I don't like the fact that Iljimae is linked with her. But I don't think he likes her on a superficial level... he fell in love with her good heart. What's more, he was her first love. But at the same time, I don't like her character... she's too good. Her character is too dry. It's great that she helps out the poor, but she seem to exude a character that shows she understands how difficult it is to be poor. She never had to suffer poverty, so her sympathy will never amount to EMPATHY. Unlike the other younger generations who suffered real hardship and physical poverty, Eun Chae does stick out like a thorn.
1306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
I can't decide.

Ja Dol and Yong-ee are both miserable in their own ways. =[
But I think Ja Dol has it worse.

His mom gave him to Byun Shik in order for him to live a "noble" life.
But he wasn't really given the family love and the only person who actually cared for him was Eun Chae.
He unknowingly killed his father and now trying to kills his own brother. T.T
677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / ♫ from the honor...
Offline
Posted 8/4/08
I think Iljimae & Swe Dol .. Iljimae cuz he have to witnesed his father & sister death & also what he did to his mother in order to prove that he is not Geom.. having also to live as a poor child growing up to join a gang also brining the miserbale to his foster parents..
297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 8/4/08
this is really hard but i choose IIjimae because even though his life was good, the downfall was really bad,and i don't think the part about the erased memory was good either because if you ever had any memories erased and then you gain it back,thats really hurtful, because now he has to remember all the bad things that happened and also he has to act like he dont remember and then not to mention his sister died because he went looking for her ,i mean its just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.

Now ja dol pisses me off,yes his life is miserable but is he that stupid,that he cant realize that his mother did the best for him,he was going to die, he should be thankful to her,except he is so blinded by anger and his wrath keeps causing ppl to die,damn what gonna happens when he find s out hes the cause for his sister death,its like he forgot who he was,jesus those damn nobles how can he trust them,i mean come on,also he is so jealous of lljimea because of eun chae ,pathetic.

eun chae and illjimea story was like love at first sight ,thats why people wants them together but idk yet which couple i like best.and the fact thats so good probably came from the fact that she had to always smooth things over when something went wrong in the family and there are many ppl in life that never suffered hardship and are like saints,it all has to do with how big her heart is and u can tell she loves lljimea went she killled that guy the arrow ,right in front of her fake brother,she force herself learn because she wanted to help IIjimea.

bong soon and lljimea has no reason to be together,not really if u look at it,she only fell in love with him after discovering he was geom and shes so happy that this person was with her when her brother died that she falls in love or becomes infatuated with him, it might not be true loves but im no one to judge.
with eun chae w/e geom was in she was attracted to him
Member
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Iran
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
In my opinion, Shi Hoo / Ja Dol has the worst story.
I wonder if one day he realize the facts, how he might react!?
I feel very sad about him.
455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / sunnyside.
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
i think its obvious...iljimae.
the more and more i watch this drama, the sadder & more depressing the story gets.
Member
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 8/9/08
yong.....he saw his father deaths, he throw his mom with stone, he saw his sister death......it was so sad.......
9085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / thats a secret!!!...
Offline
Posted 8/9/08
iljimae's sister, just when she found him they killed her
130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / moreno valley
Offline
Posted 8/10/08
I would say Ja Dol.. he as nothing he started in poverty and was made fun of because his father was a theft and then he was no longer living in poverty but he is living with a "step mother" and "brother" that hates him feel in love with his "step sister" but she only sees him as a brother then he found out that his "father" wasn't his real father like his mother told him. I really don't see how is life is better then the others


Geom ad a tragic life to but he lost his memory so during that time he was happy
Bong Soon did lose her family but she gained a father
Dani always had Swe Dol by her side
Swe Dol even though his sons are not his sons he still loves them as his own
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.