First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Flat Iron Emergency
Member
909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/08
For best results, use a straightening serum on wet hair then bloydry excess water from hair using fingers then finish with a brush in sections. Straighten in sections from underneath to top with a fine comb and only go over each section once. Finish with a very small amount of serum rubbed into hands well and run fingers through hair. Practice makes perfect. Good luck (I only use GHD's, but if you do it this way any straighteners should do).
Member
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
The Chi sucks. It has METAL PLATES.

I talked about the Cortex in another forum about flat iron just about 5 minutes ago hahaha ! xD

And uhm the Cortex is really good for your hair because it has ceramic plate.

It makes your hair softer and makes your hair have less split ends.
Member
2067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Trapped in your h...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
i agree with netteebee hahhahha but the GHD is really good too!!
Member
394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
Chi is a metal plate, I suggest you don't use that. The one I have is not under $80.. My straightener is called "GS" and I live in Canada so you can go to a Trade Secrets store and then ask for it it's 1/2 inch, so I'm not sure if you'd like it :S Well, My sister has really thick hair and I straighten her hair so it works pretty good. My straightener is ceramic, you can use it on wet or dry hair, and it heats up really quickly, so you don't have to wait forever And it's about $140 CAD.
Member
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / whereeva i go
Offline
Posted 8/28/08
hahaha oder da one frm Uk h haha dun remember da name haha bt i m doin da same..ordering one frm uk..dats really bst hahaha
Member
254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere in Sunn...
Offline
Posted 8/29/08
I have ridiculously long curly/unmanageble hair and have tried a zillion flat irons. The one I like the most is the SEDU . . .It works miracles!!!
I liked it so much, I got one for my sister.
It's MUCH better than the Chi, but it's over $100. I got mine at folica.com.
If you're serious about an awesome flat iron, it's an investment!

p.s. this ain't a paid commerical. . . just life experience.
Member
2953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / F
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
I've had hair straighteners from Remington to Vidal Sasson and all were rubbish... well to my thick, curly hair they were. Then I bought Saks and then GHD and to be honest both are awesome, especially the latter.
Member
2266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ♥♥♥Jaejoong's Hea...
Offline
Posted 8/30/08

bebecakes_ wrote:

Chi is a metal plate, I suggest you don't use that. The one I have is not under $80.. My straightener is called "GS" and I live in Canada so you can go to a Trade Secrets store and then ask for it it's 1/2 inch, so I'm not sure if you'd like it :S Well, My sister has really thick hair and I straighten her hair so it works pretty good. My straightener is ceramic, you can use it on wet or dry hair, and it heats up really quickly, so you don't have to wait forever And it's about $140 CAD.


i was just lookin for so me hair straighteners, and i came across this website..and isn't this a ceramic CHI?? this will this be better for my hair cause its ceramic and not metal right? btw is this a good price too?? idk. lol
Member
2266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ♥♥♥Jaejoong's Hea...
Offline
Posted 8/30/08

chibiQT wrote:


bebecakes_ wrote:

Chi is a metal plate, I suggest you don't use that. The one I have is not under $80.. My straightener is called "GS" and I live in Canada so you can go to a Trade Secrets store and then ask for it it's 1/2 inch, so I'm not sure if you'd like it :S Well, My sister has really thick hair and I straighten her hair so it works pretty good. My straightener is ceramic, you can use it on wet or dry hair, and it heats up really quickly, so you don't have to wait forever And it's about $140 CAD.


i was just lookin for so me hair straighteners, and i came across this website..and isn't this a ceramic CHI?? this will this be better for my hair cause its ceramic and not metal right? btw is this a good price too?? idk. lol


srry forgot to paste website >>>>>>>>> http://www.beautychoice.com/products/CHI_Pink_Dazzle_Ceramic_Flat_Iron_1_and_Travel_Bag-567-0.html
Member
27201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/14/08
I have two chi's and they both have ceramic plates not metal =]
Member
27201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/14/08

chibiQT wrote:


chibiQT wrote:


bebecakes_ wrote:

Chi is a metal plate, I suggest you don't use that. The one I have is not under $80.. My straightener is called "GS" and I live in Canada so you can go to a Trade Secrets store and then ask for it it's 1/2 inch, so I'm not sure if you'd like it :S Well, My sister has really thick hair and I straighten her hair so it works pretty good. My straightener is ceramic, you can use it on wet or dry hair, and it heats up really quickly, so you don't have to wait forever And it's about $140 CAD.


i was just lookin for so me hair straighteners, and i came across this website..and isn't this a ceramic CHI?? this will this be better for my hair cause its ceramic and not metal right? btw is this a good price too?? idk. lol


srry forgot to paste website >>>>>>>>> http://www.beautychoice.com/products/CHI_Pink_Dazzle_Ceramic_Flat_Iron_1_and_Travel_Bag-567-0.html


that pink one you posted in the website is a good straightener i have the same one =D and I've had it for almost two years now and it still works like its new.

Member
2266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ♥♥♥Jaejoong's Hea...
Offline
Posted 9/15/08

_LetsJustDance_ wrote:


chibiQT wrote:


chibiQT wrote:


bebecakes_ wrote:

Chi is a metal plate, I suggest you don't use that. The one I have is not under $80.. My straightener is called "GS" and I live in Canada so you can go to a Trade Secrets store and then ask for it it's 1/2 inch, so I'm not sure if you'd like it :S Well, My sister has really thick hair and I straighten her hair so it works pretty good. My straightener is ceramic, you can use it on wet or dry hair, and it heats up really quickly, so you don't have to wait forever And it's about $140 CAD.


i was just lookin for so me hair straighteners, and i came across this website..and isn't this a ceramic CHI?? this will this be better for my hair cause its ceramic and not metal right? btw is this a good price too?? idk. lol


srry forgot to paste website >>>>>>>>> http://www.beautychoice.com/products/CHI_Pink_Dazzle_Ceramic_Flat_Iron_1_and_Travel_Bag-567-0.html


that pink one you posted in the website is a good straightener i have the same one =D and I've had it for almost two years now and it still works like its new.



hmmm... maybe i should get one, cause i have an old metal plated one thats HUGE lol. i rlly need a new prettier one ^^~~
Member
1062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/16/08
Buy a HerStyler flat iron. They're expensive ($100) but it's definitely worth it. It heats up in less than 10 seconds and cuts your styling time by about half. I bought mine at the mall and they come in different colors.
This is the one I have. I wanted a green one but they didn't have any.

Posted 9/18/08
Wow... thanks for all the responses.
I'll see what kind of deals I can find online on GHD since that seems to be what everyone is most happy with.
Member
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
erm.........i put pantene silky stuff right after i take a shower...then when its semi dry(after i blow dry it) i put serum. And then i blow dry my hair again. When my hair is completely dry i seperate my hair on my head....lol...on 3 parts...the back and the two sides. Then I Use a clip and straighten my hair layer by layer (making sure that the ends are straight too). After I'm Done....i put some more serum and then i comb.
Takes me about 25min.?
ooo...i use a chi straightner...cost me about $150 but ive had it for about 2yrs now and it still works pretty good. :D
(ooo....um...i also had japanese straightening last yr but it didnt last vry long cuz it was kinda cheap....$50...XD only lasted for about 3months?)
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.