First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
Did "School Days" gave you a lesson in near end?
2754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/5/12
I learned that playing with people's feelings is one of the most f'ked up things in the world.

I hate Makoto, as i'm sure 90% of the people who saw School Days do, but...

Let's be honest guys. If multiple hot chicks were practically just throwing themselves at you and sleeping with you so easily, you'd probably be the same as Makoto. His original girlfriend he never actually had a strong "bond" to begin with. It's easier to not go the route of cheating if you love the person, but at the beginning, Makoto didn't really Love Katsura, he just had a crush on her.

Makoto was the kind of guy to just roll with the punches, a guy who, if stuff happened, he just let it happen. Basically, he went with the flow of whatever was happening, and if you actually re-watch the series you can see he's being pushed and pulled by alot of the other characters.

Bottom line. Yes, we all hate Makoto but if we were in a similar situation i doubt many of us would stop.

So yeah, School Days taught us a lesson, but actually putting that lesson to use in real life is a whole norther challenge
52994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Lumberton Texas
Offline
Posted 1/5/12

Yuyunarutoballz wrote:

I learned that playing with people's feelings is one of the most f'ked up things in the world.

I hate Makoto, as i'm sure 90% of the people who saw School Days do, but...

Let's be honest guys. If multiple hot chicks were practically just throwing themselves at you and sleeping with you so easily, you'd probably be the same as Makoto. His original girlfriend he never actually had a strong "bond" to begin with. It's easier to not go the route of cheating if you love the person, but at the beginning, Makoto didn't really Love Katsura, he just had a crush on her.

Makoto was the kind of guy to just roll with the punches, a guy who, if stuff happened, he just let it happen. Basically, he went with the flow of whatever was happening, and if you actually re-watch the series you can see he's being pushed and pulled by alot of the other characters.

Bottom line. Yes, we all hate Makoto but if we were in a similar situation i doubt many of us would stop.

So yeah, School Days taught us a lesson, but actually putting that lesson to use in real life is a whole norther challenge


Well, I don't think it's that hard, to be honest. He wanted to do it, not everyone wants to do what he did. Granted, I'm using myself as an example here and as I've been told I am far from 'normal' so I guess using myself as an example wont really work, but either way, I do not think every male (or female, if the role was reversed) in the world would do what he did.

Honestly, I don't hate him as much as I am disappointed he didn't step up as a man. He made a choice, faltered, looked like he was recovering, then started going wild and sleeping with every girl that gave him the time of day.

2754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/5/12 , edited 1/5/12

Barghesto wrote:

Well, I don't think it's that hard, to be honest. He wanted to do it, not everyone wants to do what he did. Granted, I'm using myself as an example here and as I've been told I am far from 'normal' so I guess using myself as an example wont really work, but either way, I do not think every male (or female, if the role was reversed) in the world would do what he did.

Honestly, I don't hate him as much as I am disappointed he didn't step up as a man. He made a choice, faltered, looked like he was recovering, then started going wild and sleeping with every girl that gave him the time of day.



Hormones. Most logical answer. Makoto was what, 16? He was super shy as it was, he probably didn't think he was going anywhere in terms of relationships anytime soon. When all these females started coming on to him though, he was probably excited. He had never dealt with a relationship before, he didn't know what he was doing right and wrong. Granted, common sense tells you right from wrong, but in terms of relationships and peoples feelings, he was totally oblivious and foolish. He was thinking with the wrong head, simple as that. When he finally did realize his wrongs and sins (Every girl suddenly dumping him gave him a wake up call) he really reflected on himself, and looked back to see what he had done wrong in the first place. He tried to make admins with Katsura and tried to fix everything and everyone he had wronged. Sure, telling Sekai to get an abortion and kissing Katsura in her face was alittle extreme, but i believe he really wanted to fix his mistakes, he was even willing to talk it out with Sekai. Only problem is, he f'ked up to many times and it finally caught up with him, leading to his tragic death.

Common case of cause and effect. Every action has a re-action and Makoto honestly kind of had it coming.
Banned
34175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 1/5/12
Did english teacher gave you a grammar lesson in near class?
52994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Lumberton Texas
Offline
Posted 1/5/12

Yuyunarutoballz wrote:


Barghesto wrote:

Well, I don't think it's that hard, to be honest. He wanted to do it, not everyone wants to do what he did. Granted, I'm using myself as an example here and as I've been told I am far from 'normal' so I guess using myself as an example wont really work, but either way, I do not think every male (or female, if the role was reversed) in the world would do what he did.

Honestly, I don't hate him as much as I am disappointed he didn't step up as a man. He made a choice, faltered, looked like he was recovering, then started going wild and sleeping with every girl that gave him the time of day.



Hormones. Most logical answer. Makoto was what, 16? He was super shy as it was, he probably didn't think he was going anywhere in terms of relationships anytime soon. When all these females started coming on to him though, he was probably excited. He had never dealt with a relationship before, he didn't know what he was doing right and wrong. Granted, common sense tells you right from wrong, but in terms of relationships and peoples feelings, he was totally oblivious and foolish. He was thinking with the wrong head, simple as that. When he finally did realize his wrongs and sins (Every girl suddenly dumping him gave him a wake up call) he really reflected on himself, and looked back to see what he had done wrong in the first place. He tried to make admins with Katsura and tried to fix everything and everyone he had wronged. Sure, telling Sekai to get an abortion and kissing Katsura in her face was alittle extreme, but i believe he really wanted to fix his mistakes, he was even willing to talk it out with Sekai. Only problem is, he f'ked up to many times and it finally caught up with him, leading to his tragic death.

Common case of cause and effect. Every action has a re-action and Makoto honestly kind of had it coming.



Oh yeah, he definitely had it coming, though it may have been hormones but it's just an excuse, anyone 'can' control themselves, they just choose not to, like Makoto I guess the other part is that it's an anime that was meant to show the extremes in human nature, the sheer amount of people that stopped watching surprised me. I knew he was gonna get his just desserts in the end, it was obvious.

Yeah, telling her to abort and kissing Katsura in front of her was idiotic.

Also, both Katsura and Sekai were both at fault, too. Katsura was not honest with herself she said she wanted to advance the relationship she had with Makoto but when he tried, she pushed him away saying she didn't want to, had she made it clear she was not ready for those advances instead of saying she wanted to try, it might have gone better.

Sekai should've let Makoto's relationship with Katsura end itself, as it was clearly heading in that direction, and then she could've went out with him but if that happened, there would not have been an anime.

Makoto: He should've at least realized Katsura was shy and not ready for the advances she 'said' she was, it was obvious, even to someone like me, and I'm typically horrible at reading these things.
260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/5/12
the lesson i learned is watch out for the quiet ones the freak katsura was crazy as fuck she liked makoto but ended up fucking his friend instead of course i know it was mainly his fault but still, another thing i learned is that friends are worthless everybodies friend just screwed each other over most of all katsuras' supposed friends didn't anyone see what was happening with the poor girl. but the ultimate lesson i learned was that every person is self serving to some degree.
3430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/5/12
Not anything I didn't already know...
4522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 3/13/12 , edited 3/13/12
School days hasn't taught my anything I already have learned from life itself. Honestly, it shows the true dark and gritty nature of what love triangles and harems generally lead too.

To be honest, I know where Makoto messed up, it was in 2 ways and I could tell from the very beginning of the anime. When you begin relations with a girl, most people know its best to cut off any girl who has blooming feelings for you, this usually means "best" or "close" friends, yeah the ones who let you flirt with them or they kick it over at your dorm/house alone with you, THOSE friends. His error, just like mines, was keeping that girl in his life. Because the bond between them had not matured into anything yet, because of that he ended up getting feelings for both katsura and Sekai, and with Sekai being so easy he was obviously feeding in for the bait, but she never gave him anything to really fall back on, instead she just thought he was in love with her, but in reality she was just supplying his demand for lust.

If he had chosen to do earlier, what he decided in episode 12, by keeping Katsura in his "focus", he would still have his life. But instead, he let hormones control him, the idea that they both enabled him to cheat and get away with it, and lack of control of the situation get him killed. My ex actually caught me cheating, but she came back to me the very next day. And thats how enabling works.

Another thing was, he was shy. He'd gone from nothing, to something over a few days. Having all the girls hawking him and breathing under his neck, something new and he took advantage of it.



Self control, and integrity. Two great things, but are seldom found amongst highschool boys. Heh. I look back at myself, being in college now, highschool wasn't very long ago. I was the same way as Makoto, and just about most dudes I know were. Ive changed since though.


In the end all be all, Love is a very powerful emotion. It leaves a person bare, naked, and vulnerable. Cut open for the world to see. It is not meant to be toyed with, that is why messing with someones feelings is a bad thing. Being in such a state, a person can be easily persuaded by themselves into doing acts they normally wouldn't commit. Such as murder, or suicide.

Possibly the realest anime ive ever seen, and I relate to it on a large magnitude. I met a beautiful woman, outside and in, but I turned her into a monster. Well, atleast I still have my head though. But thats life, and life goes on, ive learned since from my mistakes.

I feel for Makoto though, he was just a young dude taking the rollercoaster we call love. I have no pity for him, because we still have to have consideration for other people's feelings. But at the same time, when you're living life in the moment, feeling invincible, not caring for tomorrow, its really hard too take in and not take for granted what we have.
79259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/13/12

ChaseTheCase wrote:

School days hasn't taught my anything I already have learned from life itself. Honestly, it shows the true dark and gritty nature of what love triangles and harems generally lead too.



Love triangles?

good sir please rewatch the anime
Posted 3/13/12
Quit getting in other's relationship
4522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 3/13/12 , edited 3/13/12

AnimeKami wrote:


ChaseTheCase wrote:

School days hasn't taught my anything I already have learned from life itself. Honestly, it shows the true dark and gritty nature of what love triangles and harems generally lead too.



Love triangles?

good sir please rewatch the anime


Its a love triangle. 3 People, 3 points. Other than the fillers, but they were not as substantially important as Sekai or Katsura.
79259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/13/12

ChaseTheCase wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChaseTheCase wrote:

School days hasn't taught my anything I already have learned from life itself. Honestly, it shows the true dark and gritty nature of what love triangles and harems generally lead too.



Love triangles?

good sir please rewatch the anime


Its a love triangle. 3 People, 3 points. Other than the fillers, but they were not as substantially important as Sekai or Katsura.


rewatch nao
4522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 3/13/12

AnimeKami wrote:


ChaseTheCase wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


ChaseTheCase wrote:

School days hasn't taught my anything I already have learned from life itself. Honestly, it shows the true dark and gritty nature of what love triangles and harems generally lead too.



Love triangles?

good sir please rewatch the anime


Its a love triangle. 3 People, 3 points. Other than the fillers, but they were not as substantially important as Sekai or Katsura.


rewatch nao


I watched it yesterday. Its still originally a Love triangle.
4424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippine
Offline
Posted 3/13/12
What I learn is be careful who are you making friends with, one day that friend might use you and betray you.

I'm looking at you, SEKAI!!!!
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 3/13/12
Oh I Learned many a things... Like How anime used to be good

Three Rules to a Relationship:

1.DONT BE A DICK
2. Control Your DICK
3. Buy Condoms For Your DICK
4.......and that multiple relationships make your life shorter

First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.