First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Words of Wisdom
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08 , edited 7/24/08
Ok I thought this would be interesting to see what kinds of quotes people respect and charish having to do with life and martuial arts. Please put up at least two if you decide to share some quotes and explain why those are important to you.

Alright so I'll start

"Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes." Confucius - To err is human and to me life is short to hinder on mistakes and this quote shows that belief

"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?" anonymous - This quote is important because respect is important to me and a quality many people in today's world have lost unfortunately.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous
How about
"Two wrongs don't make a right"
No wonder why there isn't a name to that quote, just because someone is ignorant to you doesn't mean you should dismiss things of such.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
“Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death” ~Miyamoto Musashi~

There are more quotes of such on my home.
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

Telomonian wrote:

"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous
How about
"Two wrongs don't make a right"
No wonder why there isn't a name to that quote, just because someone is ignorant to you doesn't mean you should dismiss things of such.


yes but if u just walk away you are not fueling that persons ignorance
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous
How about
"Two wrongs don't make a right"
No wonder why there isn't a name to that quote, just because someone is ignorant to you doesn't mean you should dismiss things of such.


yes but if u just walk away you are not fueling that persons ignorance


It seems you failed to understand my point.
I hope Mac or Ice can help you understand.
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

Telomonian wrote:


carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous
How about
"Two wrongs don't make a right"
No wonder why there isn't a name to that quote, just because someone is ignorant to you doesn't mean you should dismiss things of such.


yes but if u just walk away you are not fueling that persons ignorance


It seems you failed to understand my point.
I hope Mac or Ice can help you understand.


i would prefer if you would explain your point
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:


carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous
How about
"Two wrongs don't make a right"
No wonder why there isn't a name to that quote, just because someone is ignorant to you doesn't mean you should dismiss things of such.


yes but if u just walk away you are not fueling that persons ignorance


It seems you failed to understand my point.
I hope Mac or Ice can help you understand.


i would prefer if you would explain your point


If someone chooses to ignore the knowledge that you have to share they're the ones that will suffer,you should still listen to what they have to say and learn even if the other chooses not to.
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

Telomonian wrote:


carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:


carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:

"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous
How about
"Two wrongs don't make a right"
No wonder why there isn't a name to that quote, just because someone is ignorant to you doesn't mean you should dismiss things of such.


yes but if u just walk away you are not fueling that persons ignorance


It seems you failed to understand my point.
I hope Mac or Ice can help you understand.


i would prefer if you would explain your point


If someone chooses to ignore the knowledge that you have to share they're the ones that will suffer,you should still listen to what they have to say and learn even if the other chooses not to.


Yes but y listen when they will only give excuses as to why they didnt listen or follow your direction
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08



Listening and obeying are two different things;and whose to say they will speak of such.If they were to say things of such you would understand their charactor better.

9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

Telomonian wrote:




Listening and obeying are two different things;and whose to say they will speak of such.If they were to say things of such you would understand their charactor better.



"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses." - George Washington Carver
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:




Listening and obeying are two different things;and whose to say they will speak of such.If they were to say things of such you would understand their charactor better.



"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses." - George Washington Carver


I'm not sure what failure has to do with this,but it seems you still fail to understand.
Nor am I sure how to explain it so it's easier to understand.
9711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Just a kamen ride...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08

Telomonian wrote:


carlrules097 wrote:


Telomonian wrote:




Listening and obeying are two different things;and whose to say they will speak of such.If they were to say things of such you would understand their charactor better.



"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses." - George Washington Carver


I'm not sure what failure has to do with this,but it seems you still fail to understand.
Nor am I sure how to explain it so it's easier to understand.


This whole discussion is about failure.... failure to listen....failure to follow directions....thats the point of my original quote...
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/24/08
Japanese proverb: Fall down seven times, Stand up eight.
Member
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The shadows of hell
Offline
Posted 7/24/08 , edited 7/24/08
"only the naive can believe people can co-exist in a world without war" - anonymous

so many people are anti-war, when if they looked at the world realistically opposed to idealistically they would realize this. Idealism will get us nowhere in such a non-idealistic world.
8206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of South...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08 , edited 7/25/08

"This whole discussion is about failure.... failure to listen....failure to follow directions....thats the point of my original quote..." -carlrules097


"Why listen to someone who does not listen to you?"-anonymous

This is the quote of our debate and it has nothing to do with failure.
Try not to lose sight of things.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.