First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Rich vs Average vs Poor people
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

music190 wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:


music190 wrote:

Rich People are idiots



yes, that makes a ton of sense doesn't it? the idiots make all the money while all the smart ones suffer in poverty amIright?


Pretty much. I mean, if you think about it, every rich person has had everything handed to them sense birth really. I mean, money is the root of all evil. And if Rich people knew that, then they wouldn't be rich and act all stupid. They would be using their money wisely instead of just spending it on cars they will never use. <_<

Not so smart eh..?



that is the most foolish thing i have ever heard.

it truly is.
12271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08
Well, I'm middle class so yea, I dun ask for discounts...I juz pay unless I find out tat I can get a discount.

However, my sis is completely diff. She wud bargain & bargain until she gets her price!!!! (Itz hard to believe we r frum the same family!!)
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/08
actually the quote is "the love of money is the root of all evil", not money itself
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08 , edited 7/25/08
okay, here goes. most people are not born rich, they usually have to work very hard to make that much money. and when people are born rich, the majority "rich" families across the world don't have enough money to sustain a "rich" lifestyle without having a well paying job.

and money is by far NOT the root of all evil. money eliminates all the difficulties of a barter economy, unifying all goods under one form of legal tender that can be used to buy any goods, no matter what kind of goods you produce. so as long as there is a market for your particular goods, you can get the goods you require with no hassle.
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

MEMPHADON wrote:

okay, here goes. most people are not born rich, they usually have to work very hard to make that much money. and when people are born rich, the majority "rich" families across the world don't have enough money to sustain a "rich" lifestyle without having a well paying job.

and money is by far NOT the root of all evil. money eliminates all the difficulties of a barter economy, unifying all goods under one form of legal tender that can be used to buy any goods, no matter what kind of goods you produce. so as long as there is a market for your particular goods, you can get the goods you require with no hassle.


yes, money is not the root of all evil....but those who want wealth and those who are greedy tend to do evil things....thats why the quote is " for the love of money is the root of all evil"...but many misquote...anyway ...in the end many of the conflicts in the world are over money or wealth....
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

crunchydeathroll wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

okay, here goes. most people are not born rich, they usually have to work very hard to make that much money. and when people are born rich, the majority "rich" families across the world don't have enough money to sustain a "rich" lifestyle without having a well paying job.

and money is by far NOT the root of all evil. money eliminates all the difficulties of a barter economy, unifying all goods under one form of legal tender that can be used to buy any goods, no matter what kind of goods you produce. so as long as there is a market for your particular goods, you can get the goods you require with no hassle.


yes, money is not the root of all evil....but those who want wealth and those who are greedy tend to do evil things....thats why the quote is " for the love of money is the root of all evil"...but many misquote...anyway ...in the end many of the conflicts in the world are over money or wealth....


its not money's fault, men are just horribly insecure, and at some level, desire power.

money is just a mean to justify that end.

171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

MEMPHADON wrote:


crunchydeathroll wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

okay, here goes. most people are not born rich, they usually have to work very hard to make that much money. and when people are born rich, the majority "rich" families across the world don't have enough money to sustain a "rich" lifestyle without having a well paying job.

and money is by far NOT the root of all evil. money eliminates all the difficulties of a barter economy, unifying all goods under one form of legal tender that can be used to buy any goods, no matter what kind of goods you produce. so as long as there is a market for your particular goods, you can get the goods you require with no hassle.


yes, money is not the root of all evil....but those who want wealth and those who are greedy tend to do evil things....thats why the quote is " for the love of money is the root of all evil"...but many misquote...anyway ...in the end many of the conflicts in the world are over money or wealth....


its not money's fault, men are just horribly insecure, and at some level, desire power.

money is just a mean to justify that end.



humanity is the root of all evil? >_< oh yeah this is off topic but did you know when you shift your hands one key to the left and type to word "for" ...well try it and see what happens XD
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/25/08

crunchydeathroll wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:


crunchydeathroll wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

okay, here goes. most people are not born rich, they usually have to work very hard to make that much money. and when people are born rich, the majority "rich" families across the world don't have enough money to sustain a "rich" lifestyle without having a well paying job.

and money is by far NOT the root of all evil. money eliminates all the difficulties of a barter economy, unifying all goods under one form of legal tender that can be used to buy any goods, no matter what kind of goods you produce. so as long as there is a market for your particular goods, you can get the goods you require with no hassle.


yes, money is not the root of all evil....but those who want wealth and those who are greedy tend to do evil things....thats why the quote is " for the love of money is the root of all evil"...but many misquote...anyway ...in the end many of the conflicts in the world are over money or wealth....


its not money's fault, men are just horribly insecure, and at some level, desire power.

money is just a mean to justify that end.



humanity is the root of all evil? >_< oh yeah this is off topic but did you know when you shift your hands one key to the left and type to word "for" ...well try it and see what happens XD


well......that certainly went off topic




dick
5284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/25/08
I wouldn't call myself rich, since I know many people at my school are spoilt and take it for granted, and I am definately not spoilt. But I do live in leisure - having a part time job and not having to pay for living expenses (Since I am still young and live with my parents)
Anyways, going back to the subject, I would hate it if someone tried to haggle with me, so I just pay the price. I don't think there is much chance of getting a discount unless there is a special offer in the store at the moment anyways.
I don't really understand what you mean, because I don't think many rich people come to where I work, and if they do, it wouldn't make much of a difference in my line of work... so yes.
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/08
heheh
678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34N, 118W
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
I see it all the time. Poor people drop coins and don't pick them up; the rich wouldn't hesitate. It is like throwing money away and those who pick it up realize the value that every penny counts.
Posted 7/27/08
That's probably why rich people are rich. They prefer not to spend too much, hence, the reason why they make a big deal over something as little as five bucks.
633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York, NYC
Offline
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/27/08
This thread is full of chaos. First of all rich people will not argue for a measly buck. Well at least in NYC. Second of all, a gas station is not a place where you can accurately assess people's wealth. A fancy car... wow fancy that, he must be rich. That logic is full of fallacy. There are many people who will invest their money in a car just for status elevation rather than a decent house because people will see them in a car. Especially the people whom they are driving to meet. Believe me I know this mentality because Koreans are exactly like that. People much the wiser would rather invest in property because 1) the property values usually don't fall too much 2) it always has a chance of going up. Car values go down as soon as it exits the dealership.

So basically, those people who argue over a dollar are most likely those who need the extra money, thus not really considered rich. Truly wealthy people have better things to do than fight over a dollar. Hey, they are looking to get the big bucks not a measly geedubya. If you think about it, will saving 5000 dollars a year (let's be generous) by bargaining make you rich? Sorry, not really. Real wealth is made through either a good salary, aka good employment, and also good investment portfolio. And believe me, most of the wealthy people who got there by their own efforts are not stingy nor are they dumb. They are wealthy for a reason.
6051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/08
i've worked in the sales line before.
and i've gotten into the same situation as you?
haha. it's kinda hilarious seeing people with a huge stack of notes in their wallets which is also lined with cards asking for discounts. LOL. i was totally rolling my eyes around. haha.
but i guess people who arent that rich know the true meaning of contentment XD
Posted 7/27/08 , edited 7/27/08

Tsukiara wrote:

Okay, after working in a Mobile store, for about 7 months, I have come to this conclusion

Rich People 95% of the time, WANT a discount, and get angry when they don't.

Average people are like, can we get discount? and if not they like whatever.

Poor people just go with the price they can get, no questions asked.

Now wtf, why is it this way, you would think it would be exact opposite?
But no all the rich people want more more more, and more, and the poor people live with what they can, and average well just average.

But it annoys me so much, that Rich people make SUCH a big deal over even $5, or lets say upgrade fee $18, they get all angry like WTF I GOIN to other mobile carrier, and I'm like go ahead, pay $36 activation fee instead of 18

the middleclass/low end people, you tell them, $18, they say OK

thats it, no questions asked

but rich people gotta be all, GRR I just wanna slap them o_o

<<; Do you work? And what kind of customers do you deal with? and do you deal with the same crap?


How could you tell if the customer was rich or not?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.