First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
SNSD (So Nyeo Shi Dae)
3366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/08
they r okay but i dont liek them cause sometimes they can be a wee bit disrespectful and their fans r a bit to crazy causing problems for cassiopiea and elf and scandals between the sm boys (dbsk and suju)
example: 2008 dream concert incident ~so sad
Posted 8/19/08
Kissing you is sooo cute...
Into the new world is a nice song...

Only problem like most people here said is that I heard they are disrespectful to their 선배들이... while we non-koreans might be like meh/they are joking around... it's a big thing there!

But yay for their cute music
244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / front of my pc... :P
Offline
Posted 8/20/08
actually their songs are not bad and it is true that they have great vocal but the fact is
i heard a lot of bad things more than goods about them as the dream concert was held last June and disrespectful to their seniors...
their fans are crazy enough attacking other fans..
well, of course most of their fans are male and attacking suju's and tvxq's who mostly female...
their are lucky becouse their are girls..
595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/20/08

smiile wrote:


ella214 wrote:


smiile wrote:


Asuka_Uchiha wrote:


EunMi_RyeoWook wrote:


buta-oink-i8u wrote:

theyre ok just the fact that they said bad stuff bout SUJUU!!!


They talk bad about Super Junior..all of them o.O! I thought only Tae Yeon cuz she call "Kang In" RETARD ON HIS "RADIO"


I think everyone needs to understand that she was just playing around with him. I think more than half of you have playfully called your friend dumb, stupid or something worse
If he didn't take it to heart why should everyone else?


Sadly all I have to say is if you're going to be anti, at least be anti about something worth being anti about... but hating them for what their fans did, who they "touch", and who they play around with are unreasonable.


ditto. finally a girl who speaks truth.



actually that is a little true cuz i always call my friends stupid or loser and they know that im just joking. But that's in america and i dont think they do that in korea. And that's with really really really close friends. i wouldnt call anyone a retard unless their my best friends and like they know im joking. And asia makes a whole deal about being respectful to ppl older than you, even if it's by a year or something. So calling someone a retard on live radio, even if he was their friend, was considered disrespectful. And plus SNSD does a lot of other things that makes ppl hate them. Calling names is just a little matter compare to the other things that they do and say.


actually korea is similar calling people names that are somewhat close to them: as in how taeyeon called kangin and 바보-aka babo--> which can be translated stupid, idiot, baka-as in snsdantis translated that to retard (to make it sound worse than it really was) and kangin, who trained with taeyeon for years on, would have taken it in as a playful way.
people make korea's standard seem so high on 'respect' but, korea, like america, tease one another in a joke-way. they are around the same age, and they are friends most likely. so they can't tease one another?
---
about the other things snsd 'did'.
its not actually bad if you compare it of a normal teen's act.
relationships, breakups, makeups, teasing, gossiping.


That's exactly what i'm saying :)
It doesn't matter what nationality you are, jokes are jokes and shouldn't be taken as more. Especially if the person being called that wasn't offended.

As for what happened at Dream Concert 2008... they are just 9 girls... who have no power over the actions of their fans. The girls have apologized, for their mistakes and their fans and really don't deserve the hate coming from everyone. Haven't Cassiopeia done some horrible things that DBSK had to apologize for and DBSK isn't hated as SNSD is.

Come on people, they are only human and humans make mistakes... they fall, they struggle and learn so i think it's pathetic that people would judge them by their fans, playful actions or whom they get to touch.
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/08

smiile wrote:


ella214 wrote:


smiile wrote:


Asuka_Uchiha wrote:


EunMi_RyeoWook wrote:


buta-oink-i8u wrote:

theyre ok just the fact that they said bad stuff bout SUJUU!!!


They talk bad about Super Junior..all of them o.O! I thought only Tae Yeon cuz she call "Kang In" RETARD ON HIS "RADIO"


I think everyone needs to understand that she was just playing around with him. I think more than half of you have playfully called your friend dumb, stupid or something worse
If he didn't take it to heart why should everyone else?


Sadly all I have to say is if you're going to be anti, at least be anti about something worth being anti about... but hating them for what their fans did, who they "touch", and who they play around with are unreasonable.


ditto. finally a girl who speaks truth.



actually that is a little true cuz i always call my friends stupid or loser and they know that im just joking. But that's in america and i dont think they do that in korea. And that's with really really really close friends. i wouldnt call anyone a retard unless their my best friends and like they know im joking. And asia makes a whole deal about being respectful to ppl older than you, even if it's by a year or something. So calling someone a retard on live radio, even if he was their friend, was considered disrespectful. And plus SNSD does a lot of other things that makes ppl hate them. Calling names is just a little matter compare to the other things that they do and say.


actually korea is similar calling people names that are somewhat close to them: as in how taeyeon called kangin and 바보-aka babo--> which can be translated stupid, idiot, baka-as in snsdantis translated that to retard (to make it sound worse than it really was) and kangin, who trained with taeyeon for years on, would have taken it in as a playful way.
people make korea's standard seem so high on 'respect' but, korea, like america, tease one another in a joke-way. they are around the same age, and they are friends most likely. so they can't tease one another?
---
about the other things snsd 'did'.
its not actually bad if you compare it of a normal teen's act.
relationships, breakups, makeups, teasing, gossiping.



nowadays, there's really no differences between what america does and what korea does. They're all both about the same, so the whole name calling thing is true cuz it's really not a big deal. That is if youre not a celebrity. Being on tv limits youre ability to do what everyone else does. Like sure SNSD can make fun of each other in a joking way, but it all depends on where they do it. A disadvantage that celebrities get is that their every move is being watch by the viewers. The viewers' ages can range between 3-99 years old. So their actions and verbal speeches on tv may be ok to half of the viewers, but the older half is "ashamed" by how much of a role model that are being to their children and grandchildren. I once read that some people hates SNSD because one of the member said "my country" instead of "our country", as in korea. And this has to be the lamest reason for hating someone. But like i said before, celebrities are being watch every second, so they really have consider what they say on tv, radio, to reporters or even to friends and family. And about the second paragraph. There is no comparison between celebrities and teens. What celebrities do matters twice if not 10x more than the average teen. If a normal teen would to kill someone, it would be on the headline for one or two days. But if a celebrity teen kills someone then it would be on korea, china, taiwan, japan, online news for at least a month if not more depending on how popular that star is. An actual example is edison chen's scandal cuz a lot of ppl take those kind of pictures. But why was it on top news in hong kong for months? Well that was because they were celebrities. Wow im writing a whole essay or something, but yeah i hope you can understand what my point is.
1445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/08
^
im just saying, its rediculous for hating them for doing things as a normal teen.
Posted 8/20/08

smiile wrote:

^
im just saying, its rediculous for hating them for doing things as a normal teen.


Sorry to barge in, but SNSD are celebrities, they should be much more careful on their speech and actions. I mean, they're "idols" aren't they? They are supposed to set a good example for the public. If they say something as jokingly as "retard", it's gonna be a big deal for everybody.

They're not regular teens, the day they decided to sing and dance on that stage...they have to pay attention to everything they do.
1445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/08
^
yes, but others won't make a big deal if other stars do something similar, no?
people are just hating on these girls.
1730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / behind you O.o
Offline
Posted 8/20/08

loveuchi wrote:

do u know t scandal between some of them w suju n dbsk?
bcause of that i started 2 dislike them


you can call me a newbie and stuff but...umm what did they do to suju and dbsk
761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / cali
Offline
Posted 8/20/08

_anime_love_ wrote:

I like them but sometimes their behavior makes me feel a lot of disrespect from them and makes me wanna say, "THEY'RE YOUR SENIORS!!! STOP BEING DISRESPECTFUL!!!"


I totally agree. They are talented, no doubt, but their lack of respect and questionable behavior make me uncomfortable.
1730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / behind you O.o
Offline
Posted 8/20/08 , edited 8/20/08

DaisukiKissu wrote:


indogurl01 wrote:


loveuchi wrote:

do u know t scandal between some of them w suju n dbsk?
bcause of that i started 2 dislike them


you can call me a newbie and stuff but...umm what did they do to suju and dbsk


Not much scandals, but ALOT of rumors. Like Jessica dating almost all of DBSK and SUJU, the Taeyeon and Junsu scandal, the haptic CF "sexual harrasment" incident, and more stupid stuff

But hating them because of this is a pretty shallow reason. The majority of people hate them is because they're rude and disrespectful


oh ic.... =P
595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/20/08

DaisukiKissu wrote:


smiile wrote:

^
im just saying, its rediculous for hating them for doing things as a normal teen.


Sorry to barge in, but SNSD are celebrities, they should be much more careful on their speech and actions. I mean, they're "idols" aren't they? They are supposed to set a good example for the public. If they say something as jokingly as "retard", it's gonna be a big deal for everybody.

They're not regular teens, the day they decided to sing and dance on that stage...they have to pay attention to everything they do.


LOL
Yes they are celebrities but they are just girls as well. People will make mistakes and not all celeberities are good examples (i.e. Miley cyrus)
and as someone already pointed out, anti's translated it as "retard" but she really just called him 'stupid'
but even still... this isn't a valid reason for hating them... dislike but not hating.
595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 8/21/08
I admit, I used to hate SNSD. Not from my opinion but from all the biased opinions out there. (Antis) All the good didn't cover up all the bad about them. Their songs are ok. Really, the only one I liked was the remake one. Girl's Generation? They're not great live but a couple of them really do have wonderful voices.

And with that whole CF stuff with DBSK, if you watch the making of's, they barely interact with each other..
Jeez don't just hate them because of other people's opinions.

I still don't like Tiffany though. Hahaha. Her skirts are always too short. I think she pulls them up herself since one side is always longer than the other, and she's rude. All that disrespectful stuff is basically from Tiffany and she always has an excuse for everything.
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / SG
Offline
Posted 10/29/08
Yes, I agree. She's like the main problems of everything.

Haven't SNSD created quite a number of problems too? They are so annoying. -.-
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/29/08
people mainly aren't fans of them because of tiffany. i think that they are okay, but i'm not a big fan of them either. their music is very "boppy" like their merry-go-round song. i wish that they would sing songs that showed their true singing talents. taeyeon does have a great voice! still, it's just been like their first year or two, the still need to grow and become better. i hope sm will make them more mature.
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.