First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Unbiased reasons why you should sympathize with Uchiha Sasuke, pt 1
693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / here somewhere in...
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
you made one interesting topic..

and I loved it..

and I totally agree with you on how you perceive sasuke's condition..

but with a person like that his condition should not be ignored I mean in my field he is considered sick and needs serious attention and treatment..

well I still love Sasuke even though he has some psychological problems..
Member
1549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Well, from here,...
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
i can not disagree with your logic because it is very true that not only had sasuke had suffered a lot at a very impressionable age, but he was also taken advantage of in the cruelest way possible. just about everything that surrounds his life has jarred and tampered with his already-fragile psyche. so, yes, i can sympathize but i don't think i will ever bring myself to really like him. he's interesting and definitely an important character. but it's not that i take his character for granted and hate him from the get-go, it's just that keeping up with his personality is not all that inspiring to me. taking into consideration the other characters, who have also suffered crazy shit in their young life, sasuke has never come out as one of my favorites because the others have eclipsed him.
289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

DraculAlucarD wrote:


o0qla0o wrote:

Yup, I always thought Sasuke should be analyzed in a psychological way instead of just being pointed at and hated. I mean, the guy needs therapy (I think I already said that before) He needs to find a way to finally break free from the pain that's been haunting him for so long. It's so easy to say he's going the wrong way but we have to consider he's experienced a great deal of psychological violence ever since he was a kid.

Keep going, man, this is good


"points at sasuke" I HATE YOU!

damn it...
1267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / RIGHT BEHIND YOU !
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

FoxProdigy wrote:

i can not disagree with your logic because it is very true that not only had sasuke had suffered a lot at a very impressionable age, but he was also taken advantage of in the cruelest way possible. just about everything that surrounds his life has jarred and tampered with his already-fragile psyche. so, yes, i can sympathize but i don't think i will ever bring myself to really like him. he's interesting and definitely an important character. but it's not that i take his character for granted and hate him from the get-go, it's just that keeping up with his personality is not all that inspiring to me. taking into consideration the other characters, who have also suffered crazy shit in their young life, sasuke has never come out as one of my favorites because the others have eclipsed him.


Oh, yeah, yeah, totally understandable. I don't like him either, well, not his current behaviour but I sympathize. I made the essay so that people can stop hating with prejudice. I'm just waiting until Naruto beats some sense into the boy. I mean, look at Gaara here. He's like the one person I'd never thought who'd turn into a good guy. If he can do it, then so can Sasuke.
25951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / EUROPE
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
I get your point.
But seeing it from the manga now:



But what is he going to do now? Return to Konoha?
Nope- He'll continue killing and crasping other ninjas++.
Which therefore means that the "old" Sasuke who always wanted to get revenge,- has gotten into a darker place than he was in the beginning...that's kinda sad when I think about it x'D
Member
125242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / King Saudi Arabia
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

FoxProdigy wrote:

i can not disagree with your logic because it is very true that not only had sasuke had suffered a lot at a very impressionable age, but he was also taken advantage of in the cruelest way possible. just about everything that surrounds his life has jarred and tampered with his already-fragile psyche. so, yes, i can sympathize but i don't think i will ever bring myself to really like him. he's interesting and definitely an important character. but it's not that i take his character for granted and hate him from the get-go, it's just that keeping up with his personality is not all that inspiring to me. taking into consideration the other characters, who have also suffered crazy shit in their young life, sasuke has never come out as one of my favorites because the others have eclipsed him.

Yeah I agree with you!

Member
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
yeah it was annoying how everyone hated him for leaving when he had at least a semi good reason. i was thinking almost the exact same things
11387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Fort Hood
Offline
Posted 9/15/08
I always sympathized with him. I mean, he's not my favorite-favorite character in the series, even if he's the most complex.
Member
4124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / d2 lang
Offline
Posted 9/16/08
yeah... Sasuke is one of the main characters so he must have a remarkable past and conflict within him...

Kishi really knows some psychology, and he's making almost all characters in the story as Dynamic Characters...

but all of those things make Sasuke an emo...
Member
18227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Boring ol Maine
Offline
Posted 9/18/08 , edited 9/18/08
I have sympathy for the kid you don't need to convince me that Sasuke had a troubling childhood, and that the events fallowing or even before led him to make the choices he made. So I have sympathy for him but I hate him because of the choices he made. There are many ways for him to gain power and such. Its because of the path he chose and keeps choosing that makes me hate him.

If you do not keep up with the manga spoilers ahead ...
Member
18227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Boring ol Maine
Offline
Posted 9/18/08

FoxProdigy wrote:

i can not disagree with your logic because it is very true that not only had sasuke had suffered a lot at a very impressionable age, but he was also taken advantage of in the cruelest way possible. just about everything that surrounds his life has jarred and tampered with his already-fragile psyche. so, yes, i can sympathize but i don't think i will ever bring myself to really like him. he's interesting and definitely an important character. but it's not that i take his character for granted and hate him from the get-go, it's just that keeping up with his personality is not all that inspiring to me. taking into consideration the other characters, who have also suffered crazy shit in their young life, sasuke has never come out as one of my favorites because the others have eclipsed him.



Totally agree!!!!! *gives you a big thumbs up* XD
314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 9/18/08
i've always been sympathized with sasuke.. he's been through a lot in his life.. especially now after he found out

lots of people did more terrible things for smaller reason..
like shuyin who wants to destroy all spira just to avenge lenne's death..
Member
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/18/08 , edited 9/18/08

pchery18 wrote:

-Psychologist say, in layman terms, that children who reach the age of six will have the ability to really grasp the reality of their environment. (family, friends, people of importance, etc) so when something happens to that reality, they tend to feel it even more than before because they can understand it. Ergo, when Sasuke's family was brutally slaughtered by his brother, he took in this information to full effect.

-Uchiha Itachi is a family member that Sasuke loved probably more than his own mother and father. A bit of a brother complex, if you will. So when you have the person who influences a great portion of your being kill other people you love and then have the gall to further influence a mere child to hate, detest, to survive in an unsightly way and run to cling to your life, all of that to achieve the purpose of killing whom you loved so much, that child will most likely do as told.

-Uchiha Sasuke grew with this aforementioned philosophy for three years running until he had a greater, closer contact with Uzumaki Naruto

-Orochimaru, wisely exploits the dark corners of Sasuke's heart because he even states it himself that Naruto was filling Sasuke with things that should not be there in his opinion: love, frendship and maybe even the joy of simply living --which by the way, are things contrary to what Itachi had told his little brother

-As if things didn't make anythings worse, Itachi returns to the village, only to torture the boy further, virtually re-enlisting Sasuke to his old, dark road. This leads to Sasuke to give himself a self-examination and realize he is still too weak.

-Sasuke's decision to leave the village to obtain power is, on a purely analytical level, not surprising. Itachi, being someone who was closer to Sasuke for a much longer period of time than Naruto, has far more influential power than the blond boy in question. In addition, Sasuke has feelings of inferiority as he watches Naruto, a used to be dead last, grow almost to his equal. From an onlooker's poit of view, this appears to be ridiculous but lets not forget that Sasuke has been brought into an household where he is constantly compared to abother person of greater power.

-Once again, the influential power that Itachi has manifest itself when Sasuke intends on killing Naruto in order to obtain "the eyes" that Itachi mentions. Naruto's saving grace is at the after the final chidori vs rasengan struggle, when (inserting speculation) Sasuke does not finish him off due to the bonds that both shared.

An easy to hate character? perhaps but only when one has not lived the tragedy that is Uchiha Sasuke

Continuing part 2 later.


well what can I say, you are right, but remember that we always have a choice
(I am not saing that he made the right or the wrong choice)

Pride and fear/hate are the worst enemy
380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / The Garden of Ste...
Offline
Posted 9/18/08
This is very nice. Yes, I have called Sasu and idjit (xD) before, but this is a very detailed psychoanalysis. Though I do have to say, I think the most recent chaps. are the reason he's getting bashed so much.
Member
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / ...
Offline
Posted 12/29/08

pchery18 wrote:

-Psychologist say, in layman terms, that children who reach the age of six will have the ability to really grasp the reality of their environment. (family, friends, people of importance, etc) so when something happens to that reality, they tend to feel it even more than before because they can understand it. Ergo, when Sasuke's family was brutally slaughtered by his brother, he took in this information to full effect.

-Uchiha Itachi is a family member that Sasuke loved probably more than his own mother and father. A bit of a brother complex, if you will. So when you have the person who influences a great portion of your being kill other people you love and then have the gall to further influence a mere child to hate, detest, to survive in an unsightly way and run to cling to your life, all of that to achieve the purpose of killing whom you loved so much, that child will most likely do as told.

-Uchiha Sasuke grew with this aforementioned philosophy for three years running until he had a greater, closer contact with Uzumaki Naruto

-Orochimaru, wisely exploits the dark corners of Sasuke's heart because he even states it himself that Naruto was filling Sasuke with things that should not be there in his opinion: love, frendship and maybe even the joy of simply living --which by the way, are things contrary to what Itachi had told his little brother

-As if things didn't make anythings worse, Itachi returns to the village, only to torture the boy further, virtually re-enlisting Sasuke to his old, dark road. This leads to Sasuke to give himself a self-examination and realize he is still too weak.

-Sasuke's decision to leave the village to obtain power is, on a purely analytical level, not surprising. Itachi, being someone who was closer to Sasuke for a much longer period of time than Naruto, has far more influential power than the blond boy in question. In addition, Sasuke has feelings of inferiority as he watches Naruto, a used to be dead last, grow almost to his equal. From an onlooker's poit of view, this appears to be ridiculous but lets not forget that Sasuke has been brought into an household where he is constantly compared to abother person of greater power.

-Once again, the influential power that Itachi has manifest itself when Sasuke intends on killing Naruto in order to obtain "the eyes" that Itachi mentions. Naruto's saving grace is at the after the final chidori vs rasengan struggle, when (inserting speculation) Sasuke does not finish him off due to the bonds that both shared.

An easy to hate character? perhaps but only when one has not lived the tragedy that is Uchiha Sasuke

Continuing part 2 later.



true

i think most people just look at him leaving and stop thinking about it there
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.