First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply "Anime Janai" in America mk II
Member
Zyxro 
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Luna-Axis
Offline
Posted 11/23/07
It could just be me, I could be crazy, but I have always (well a year and a half to be fair) wanted ti see the other Gundams, i.e ZZ, V, X, and Turn A come stateside. Well I guess the question here is, would it be good, is it worth it, and do people want that?
Moderator
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Side 3
Offline
Posted 11/24/07
I'd love to see an English release of V and ZZ (I still haven't seen Turn A and X, shame on me :tears:) , mainly because of the improved viewing experience and quality of DVD over watching on a computer. Plus it might raise Gundam's popularity, thus putting forward the possibilty of other things like manga and novels being translated and released. If they decide to bring them out, I'd hope for the same cast that did the voices in Z to voice the returning characters i.e Haman, Bright etc. I hate to admit it but I'm a dub fan, unless it's something that totaly changes the story ala 4Kids, I hate that style of dubbing.
Member
4953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Gilsum, NH
Online
Posted 11/24/07
Hell no, they allways mess up on the american voice acting. Plus as long as bandai doesnt have theri grubby little hands on it you can watch those her on crunchyroll, i prefer that myself ^_^;;
Member
Zyxro 
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Luna-Axis
Offline
Posted 11/24/07
To be perfectly honest, I have been impressed with Ban Dai's dubbing of not only Gundam, but every other series they have brought to America. Brad Swalie does one believable portrayal of Amuro Ray and Steven Blum was perfect as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop. They are perhaps the best at dubbing actually. If anything, it would be a service if more Gundam was in America. I cannot be alone in thinking this, and if so, tell them yourself at the following url. http://www.bandai-ent.com/contact/
Member
Zyxro 
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Luna-Axis
Offline
Posted 12/4/07
So, have I been treading waters in a futile effort, or has anyone else tried to ask Ban Dai to finally release the other Gundams?
Moderator
10585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / california
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
guess what zz is coming to the us
Member
51702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ░
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

tsubasanunicorn wrote:

guess what zz is coming to the us


Of course they do this..............after I has already seen it on this site they do this.
Member
51702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ░
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

Xoengirl wrote:

I'd love to see an English release of V and ZZ (I still haven't seen Turn A and X, shame on me :tears:) , mainly because of the improved viewing experience and quality of DVD over watching on a computer. Plus it might raise Gundam's popularity, thus putting forward the possibilty of other things like manga and novels being translated and released. If they decide to bring them out, I'd hope for the same cast that did the voices in Z to voice the returning characters i.e Haman, Bright etc. I hate to admit it but I'm a dub fan, unless it's something that totaly changes the story ala 4Kids, I hate that style of dubbing.


I agree. I make no preference either as long as its bearable.

But after seeing a series in one language, its hard to see it on a different one.
Member
51702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ░
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
So.............if the series (X and TurnA) are licensed, would they be coming to the US anytime soon?
Member
2804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Staring in disbel...
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

manwhalebird wrote:

So.............if the series (X and TurnA) are licensed, would they be coming to the US anytime soon?


X was released a while back ago, but that was waaaaay back. Unfortunately it didn't do too well State-side, that the suspended the license.
Member
51702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ░
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

Shinji_Ikari wrote:


manwhalebird wrote:

So.............if the series (X and TurnA) are licensed, would they be coming to the US anytime soon?


X was released a while back ago, but that was waaaaay back. Unfortunately it didn't do too well State-side, that the suspended the license.


What about Turn A? How'd that fair?
Moderator
10585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / california
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

manwhalebird wrote:


Xoengirl wrote:

I'd love to see an English release of V and ZZ (I still haven't seen Turn A and X, shame on me :tears:) , mainly because of the improved viewing experience and quality of DVD over watching on a computer. Plus it might raise Gundam's popularity, thus putting forward the possibilty of other things like manga and novels being translated and released. If they decide to bring them out, I'd hope for the same cast that did the voices in Z to voice the returning characters i.e Haman, Bright etc. I hate to admit it but I'm a dub fan, unless it's something that totaly changes the story ala 4Kids, I hate that style of dubbing.


I agree. I make no preference either as long as its bearable.

But after seeing a series in one language, its hard to see it on a different one.


i'm bet climax uc might come out but the problem is its ps2 although ps3 has a backwards copasity
Member
51702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ░
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

tsubasanunicorn wrote:

i'm bet climax uc might come out but the problem is its ps2 although ps3 has a backwards copasity



Eh?
Member
2804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Staring in disbel...
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

manwhalebird wrote:


Shinji_Ikari wrote:


manwhalebird wrote:

So.............if the series (X and TurnA) are licensed, would they be coming to the US anytime soon?


X was released a while back ago, but that was waaaaay back. Unfortunately it didn't do too well State-side, that the suspended the license.


What about Turn A? How'd that fair?


Not too sure about Turn A, I don't think it has been released yet to the best of my knowledge.
Member
Sci
12861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / s.c
Offline
Posted 3/24/08
Turn A is available on DVD . just not dubbed. the copy i have has english subs .but i did buy my on eBay from a seller in Japan.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.