First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Afterlife is pointless
3856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Outer Heaven
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
There is no afterlife.



There, I said it. :B
1393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

zendude wrote:

I have thought on the same points of your ideas about afterlife from time to time. Afterlife is questionable, so it could be pointless, maybe the main point, or something totally different. No one really knows, as we don't see much people these days running around from the grave and telling their story. And, I bet that you haven't died and then brought back to life to tell us this message.

I know where you are coming from, but the answer to the "Afterlife" would be more like "We don't really know," rather than "Pointless." As you have said to me earlier, we "might" know once we die. So a better way to phrase your point is "The Afterlife seems Pointless," rather than the pragmatic "The Afterlife is pointless." Any idea and statement about the afterlife would be in the category of subjectivity.

I would agree with thenatureofthings, as your assumptions seem to point at a more human concepts of the afterlife, looking at the ideas and concepts that one experienced in this life. One doesn't know what the other side holds, so one uses precedents to compare something unknown to something known, to either try to understand or conceptualize what is what. Your way of thinking is totally normal and very logical, and maybe more sensible than any heaven idea. But don't you think something like the "Afterlife" would be something way different than a needle.

I fear what will be on the other side, as most people, due to the fact that we will all eventually die; unless, something crazy happens, like a "Rapture." We don't know if it is nothingness, hell, heaven, reincarnation, purgatory, or something totally different (think something like Scientology or Mormon) that lies around. We just don't know, so we should just humble ourselves to the unknown because we may never figure it out with our human perception.

I see that you already have made your decision on this subject, so I respect that. But don't you think it would really hard to tell a lot of people that "Afterlife is Pointless" to most people. The "Afterlife is Pointless" speech has been said a lot in history, but most reason people, even the wisest and most logical, still want to look forward to something after death. Don't tell that you don't feel the same way sometimes.

I will just stay with the Bible idea of Heaven. Thank you.


If anyone wants to know about the afterlife go ask a ghost, seriously.Ghosts ARE real and those who deny it either havent seen one or dont want to accept somthing that "looks" impossible as a ghost. Go to a supposed haunted place and take a oija.weegie, or whatever its called board. I wouldnt want to actually do that though, especially since i already accepted the fact that some spirits still do roam the earth. Wouldnt want some kakayo lookalike thing comeing from my back.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
Ghosts aren't real... Demons are, and they love manipulating people. Ouija boards are demonic, and the demonic responds. A soul dies and is subject to judgment and is sent to heaven or hell. Demons roam the earth and manipulate, torment, and temp people.
1393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

Omok wrote:


sorenku wrote:


Omok wrote:

Well, I think we or the first page that i read - i'm sorry if you think i should read through all 3 pages before answering; thats' too much of a hassle =_=;..... anyways----you guys all neglected one point; whats' the point in LIFE regardless even AFTER life?

What we have, we only have theories of after life, but while in the MOMENT--- this very moment-- we're living in LIFE. but if you're a person who have no religious belief, then whats' OUR point? ---- now this is all debatable, but there's REALLY no POINT in the first place; but what we CAN have is a BELIEF of a point. For some people, it could be religion, like wise---after life--- to live a good life is to have a good after life---- but we can have other beliefs, like our life is well, meaningless. Thats' a belief too. or likewise, that our point in life IS to find a point. ---- so on and so forth, it could be ANYTHING, but the very KEY word here is BELIEF --- it means no one KNOWS for sure.

I think if we have to argue that afterlife IS or IS NOT pointless, we'll have to FIRST look at life. Because we cannot answer that question; then what's the answer after wards? even more so, OUR belief of after life WILL BE based on what we know THIS life. ----- all we ever know, all we ever WILL know, is ALL in this world, in this life. like Jesus once said(not in exact words, I don't remember) 'if i use earthly words to tell you and teach you, and yet you don't understand; how will you understand my heavenly words?'--- what i'm telling you, is likewise, AFTERLIFE it don't necessarily have to be ANYTHING we know in THIS life. --- for all we know, it could just be a way of transportation, transporting us to another time, another place, or another 'planet'.

but keep in mind one thing

NO ONE have been EVER able to prove we're TRULY alive, or EXIST


Um, are you trying to change the topic? I believe there is already a thread about what life is. It is fully possible to discuss the afterlife without discussing life seeing as how they are two different things. They may be related, but they are not interconnected. And digs stole what I was gonna say... :(

Ill tell u guys what i think, There is an afterlife. But it can also be explained scientifically. When u "die", ur body dies. But keep in mind, ur body is not urself. Ur spirit is urself. Ur spirit is the reason y all the ideas that u have thought pop up in ur brain instead of other ones. When u die, u ascend to a higher "deminsion", the 4th dimension. In the 4th dimension, u have no physical body, therefore what u can do is not limited and ur senses are not limited, hence the phrase" People are more stronger dead than they are living". Ur mind also transcends into the higher lv. Its form is not the brain, but rather ur conscious and what ur thinking, as new things can still come up in ur mind since it knows how ur brain thought in the physical realm. I know all this sounds complicated but please bear with me. There is a God. He is inside all of us. This being, gives us, humanity, the potential to keep on going on without limits. Im getting tired typing so ill stop for now. If anyone has any questions pls post im my guest book.
If you can provide evidence that we don't exist, then you may have an argument.




A: No i"m not trying to change the topic. Its POSSIBLE to discuss the afterlife without knowing what life is. but CAN we really? I pointed out that what we know, what we see, how we see things are BASED on things we know in LIFE. My guess of after life is good as the next person's guess. Or anyone's guess. My point is, we've yet to solve the mysteries of life, and its merely stupid to try to find out the mystery of AFTER life, while ALL of our knoweldge or how ever we're going to think of it; are BASED on THIS LIFE. --- like wise, we cannot talk about how babies are born without talking about the MOTHER. (or the ...'cell process' which i most rather not go in detail about.... )

If you can provide evidence that we DO exist, then there could be an actual argument. What we feel, what we touch, can merely be someone's sheer imagination. or we can merely be what we call a 'book' a part of someones' story. We don't KNOW truly if we're like a computer that's PROGRAMMED to feel this way, programmed ALL part of 'somethings' plan. We don't know. you can say we control our own body, our own will; but do we REALLY? For example, like our theory of hero, we can see by our context over time, how back in 2000 years ago (greek) a hero is ALWAYS of royal heritage and ALWAYS had some glorious acomplishments, and ALWAYS have a sappy ending. -- as of now, our logic of hero is 'self hero', it's ourselves, no longer saving the world from monsters, but more so about ourselves and the connection we have with the out side world. our typical story hero always starts with some kid that no one knows about, then climb their way to the topic. no longer of royal heritage.


digs wrote:

Can't you verify your own existence? You know personally that you exist because you can feel, sense, and understand things. You are alive because you have a will, a mind, and are conscious of being alive.


further more, how CAN we verify our own existence? like what i pointed out above, those things that we feel, we sense, what and how we act upon things, it could merely be in someone's plan, we can be something someone created out of mere amusement. Like one of those games where you plan out things before hand, and when the monsters come, the player just sits there and WATCH the things they planned out to act out the way they're suppose to. -- while the 'things' do not know that someone is controlling them. -------- that player is what most of us would call 'God' (if you believe in God ~_~; but keep in mind, i'm not saying there's necessarily a god. or gods.)


1393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

Narc_7 wrote:

Very passionate speech. About this 'hell', I do not believe it exists. Lets hear the disagreements!


U just had to start again didnt u,lol. Ill tell u what i know. I say i know,but unless i am 100% proven wrong, i will still say i know it. Hell is real. The Devil is real. God is real. Heaven is real. Those who deny the existence of the devil just make him stronger. By denying the existence of something u are ignoring it, therefore giving it the power to do whatever it wants to whatever it wants and whenever it wants. Believing God and not believing the Devil is useless and pointless. Same thing vise versa. And btw i believe in aliens and if u want to talk about this sometimes just post in my guestbook,lol. But seriously, i do believe in aliens. Theres proof everywhere, u just dont pay attention.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

RainingWolf wrote:


Narc_7 wrote:

Very passionate speech. About this 'hell', I do not believe it exists. Lets hear the disagreements!


U just had to start again didnt u,lol. Ill tell u what i know. I say i know,but unless i am 100% proven wrong, i will still say i know it. Hell is real. The Devil is real. God is real. Heaven is real. Those who deny the existence of the devil just make him stronger. By denying the existence of something u are ignoring it, therefore giving it the power to do whatever it wants to whatever it wants and whenever it wants. Believing God and not believing the Devil is useless and pointless. Same thing vise versa. And btw i believe in aliens and if u want to talk about this sometimes just post in my guestbook,lol. But seriously, i do believe in aliens. Theres proof everywhere, u just dont pay attention.


Actually it works the other way. You make a claim, you need evidence to back it up (seriously).
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
devil? hell yeah, I have one in my pocket.

@leviathan : it's not gonna work, As soon as we go into afterlife topic.... it won't be scientific.
917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / In the system
Offline
Posted 8/7/08

digs wrote:

Ghosts aren't real... Demons are, and they love manipulating people. Ouija boards are demonic, and the demonic responds. A soul dies and is subject to judgment and is sent to heaven or hell. Demons roam the earth and manipulate, torment, and temp people.


Has a demon ever appear to you and told you that it enjoys everything you said a demon supposedly loves doing? Have you experienced one for yourself? Because if you haven't, how would you know right off the bat how a demon really is?

And since I take it that you have never seen a ghost that's your opinion. Also, Ouija boards are NOT demonic. They can be used in negative ways if a person has bad intentions or if a person does not take the proper steps of making sure their Ouija board stays pure. And some people love manipulating, tormenting, and temping other people. That doesn't make them a demon. There are just bad people in the world.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
Digs: opinion as fact. At least respect other people saying ghosts are real, I seem to remember you don't like people just saying "god isn't real".
A demon responds to ouija, what's the gain?
When it comes to demons, it gets confusing. According to some scriptures they are bound in hell and can't get out untill the end. But according to some at least lesser ones can possess people. However that can be meant symbolically, we know that epilepsy was taken as possession before. Illness was also considered demonic influence. The famous "we are many"- sentence might actually refer to illness for all we know.
The pointless torment of people is an old christian concept I thought was abandoned. Well, apparently not. It's just, you are millenia old and you go around just playing tricks on entities "inferior" to you, for no real reason?

Rainigwolf: why would Satan want to prove its existence? To scare people into believing in god? To refrain people from doing acts that displeases god? Why do you think the days of tribulations are full of false prophets, as opposed to real prophets but for satan? Because very few will KNOWINGLY obey satan. Keep them in the dark.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 8/8/08 , edited 8/8/08

zendude wrote:

By the way, I am back from camp guys.


Hai.

...who said reincarnation was a Buddhist concept?


tweety_cool wrote:

@leviathan : it's not gonna work, As soon as we go into afterlife topic.... it won't be scientific.


I DEMAND EVIDENCE, BAH!
4559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
Science is not the answer to everything.
Retards.
16316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

zendude wrote:


leviathan343 wrote:


zendude wrote:

By the way, I am back from camp guys.


Hai.

...who said reincarnation was a Buddhist concept?


tweety_cool wrote:

@leviathan : it's not gonna work, As soon as we go into afterlife topic.... it won't be scientific.


I DEMAND EVIDENCE, BAH!


Wasn't reincarnation a Hindu idea?

Evidence with the afterlife? That is just impossible. I doubt that we can get any real proof of the afterlife.
So, I will just stick with Faith.

Oh yeah, camp was fun. "LAWL."


Hindus believed in an endless cycle of rebirth in different forms and guises, with the karma of your previous life accumulating for the next till you finally attain Nirvana or oneness with the creator (Brahma).
If there are any Hindu peeps here, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what my english teacher told us in class.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

zendude wrote:

Wasn't reincarnation a Hindu idea?

Evidence with the afterlife? That is just impossible. I doubt that we can get any real proof of the afterlife.
So, I will just stick with Faith.

Oh yeah, camp was fun. "LAWL."


My point exactly.

Meh. Believe what you believe. Science can't explain the supernatural.

I need to get out more. Hopefully Pennsylvania will be more enjoyable.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.