First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Teaching the Bible in Secular school
706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
it just be an elective so people could take it if they wanted to
but they should not force it
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 3/19/09
There are religon classes in my school and most schools have an exam(not mine though)but you read from a religon book not a bible and it focuses on different religons even though its a catholic schol run by nuns.Religon and school arent seperate here but religons considered a mess class.But it is never taught as history
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/19/09 , edited 3/19/09

J1nn wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:


J1nn wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:


J1nn wrote:


Sulla wrote:

Once, Mrs. Green was teaching history, and started telling stories from the Bible as if they were real history. My sister said "isn't that a violation of the separation between church and state?" Mrs. Green's reply: "DETENTION!"
[

erm .. no

jesus did exist ... and so did all his disiples ... the founding of something like a religion is history, and important history regardless of the religion

the events of what is written in the bible and most other holy documents DID happen ... whether they were real or jesus was a really good street magician is up for debate

im an athiest by the way


I thought the existence of that "Jesus" is still debatable. It's true that some of bible is part of history.


where the fuck have you been getting your facts?!? ... they have the bones of jesus somewhere and are still trying to extract DNA ... they even had the spear that was used to kill him on the cross ... but that was stolen by the SS (nazi special forces) during world war 2 and has still not been recovered

jesus, mohammed and all the other fun friends did exist .... but again ... whether they were holy miracles that could turn water into wine or just very good tricksters is the only thing thats up for debate


If they still trying to extract DNA.... what do you want to compare it with? Anyone has the exact DNA of Jesus? or do you use turin shrouds? is it already proven that turin shrouds is really that shrouds? As far as you can prove, it might be at the same time with that of Jesus. However, it might belong to someone else(we don't have Jesus's name written down there rite?). Even if you have the longinus.... how do you know it's that Longinus? what if it's just a tool to boost some troop's moral? A conspiracy that is often made? It all might be true, if it has the same dna (as it will be a great coincidence).

btw, no need to flame me.... It's not that I am saying you are wrong.... I am aware how uninformed I am... But... please be nice.


they have nothing to compare it to, but people thousands of years ago had no need to lie to us now ... there were historic documents (peoples diarys) confirming the existance of jesus ... the reason they are trying to extract DNA is to find out if it was different to ours in any way and to try to track down relatives (because contrary to what it said in the bible ... jesus did have sex with mary whats her face ... not his mum mary the other one)

no need to flame but didnt i already explain all the things you just stated (historical documents held not by religious fanatics but by scientists and archeologists

J1nn first off there is no evidence that Jesus was a real person, they have found no evidence at all for him. Thats a fact.
the rightings about Jesus did not start to about 50 to 100 years after his so cald death. So no first hand acounts. Sorry but do your homework. Look up about the spear and the shroud and see what you find out about that prank bub...
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 3/19/09 , edited 3/19/09


Sulla wrote:


(this came from another thread)



As far as I know about LAUSD it is not illegal to tell stories from the bible as if they are regular history unless there is a obvious move to convert people to Christianity or Judaism, I suppose the same would be true about stories from the Koran but more people would complain about those stories.


Well, true that telling stories is not against the law, but only to the extent that they are not biased and actually put into account other major religious beliefs and contradicting ideas to it.


Once, Mrs. Green was teaching history, and started telling stories from the Bible as if they were real history.


Sue her. Seriously.

Telling them as if they actually happened is a clear intention of indirect (or direct for this matter, depending on how it is interpreted) conversion.


My sister said "isn't that a violation of the separation between church and state?"


Sue the teacher. For real. Provided that you have evidences of her doing so. Verbal conversations can be easily denied. That is also a violation of First Amendment's freedom of speech.

Definitely sue her. If and only if you have valid proofs of her doing so.
13118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/21/09
She should be fired for bringing religious elements into a public classroom and teaching it as if it were real.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/21/09
its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!

13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!



MY HISTORY TEACHER WAS A EUROPEAN HISTORY MAJOR IN UC SANTA BARBARA, HE TEACHES PARTS OF THE BIBLE AS PARTS OF HIS TEACHING CIRICULUM HES NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN HE TEACHES THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY NOT MORALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF CAESAR WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THE BIBLE HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON MANKIND AND YOU CANT IGNORE THAT
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/22/09 , edited 3/22/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!



MY HISTORY TEACHER WAS A EUROPEAN HISTORY MAJOR IN UC SANTA BARBARA, HE TEACHES PARTS OF THE BIBLE AS PARTS OF HIS TEACHING CIRICULUM HES NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN HE TEACHES THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY NOT MORALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF CAESAR WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THE BIBLE HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON MANKIND AND YOU CANT IGNORE THAT

Impact does not make it true...! A lot of people used to believe getting sick was do to evil spirits! Or curses from witches! We know now that that is not true... But in the past that had a big inpact on are world, to the point of burning 600 weman, and children at the stake in one town alone. YOu can teach what Impacts religion had in the past, but do not teach things like Jesus being real wich has no evidence to back it up.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!



MY HISTORY TEACHER WAS A EUROPEAN HISTORY MAJOR IN UC SANTA BARBARA, HE TEACHES PARTS OF THE BIBLE AS PARTS OF HIS TEACHING CIRICULUM HES NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN HE TEACHES THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY NOT MORALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF CAESAR WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THE BIBLE HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON MANKIND AND YOU CANT IGNORE THAT

Impact does not make it true...! A lot of people used to believe getting sick was do to evil spirits! Or curses from witches! We know now that that is not true... But in the past that had a big inpact on are world, to the point of burning 600 weman, and children at the stake in one town alone. YOu can teach what Impacts religion had in the past, but do not teach things like Jesus being real wich has no evidence to back it up.



ok then have you seen Caesar before? He lived around Jesus's time period. There is no scientific evidence he existed right? For all you know it could be a huge hoax just to trick the people in the future right?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/22/09 , edited 3/22/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!



MY HISTORY TEACHER WAS A EUROPEAN HISTORY MAJOR IN UC SANTA BARBARA, HE TEACHES PARTS OF THE BIBLE AS PARTS OF HIS TEACHING CIRICULUM HES NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN HE TEACHES THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY NOT MORALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF CAESAR WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THE BIBLE HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON MANKIND AND YOU CANT IGNORE THAT

Impact does not make it true...! A lot of people used to believe getting sick was do to evil spirits! Or curses from witches! We know now that that is not true... But in the past that had a big inpact on are world, to the point of burning 600 weman, and children at the stake in one town alone. YOu can teach what Impacts religion had in the past, but do not teach things like Jesus being real wich has no evidence to back it up.



ok then have you seen Caesar before? He lived around Jesus's time period. There is no scientific evidence he existed right? For all you know it could be a huge hoax just to trick the people in the future right?


There is real evidence for Gaius Julius Caesar... Unlike the mythical Jesus Christ, we know what Caesar looked like and we have a complete history of his life. In turn, general, orator, historian, statesman and lawgiver. We have words written by Caesar himself and words written by both his friends and his enemies. Artifacts confirm his life and death, as do his successors. Caesar established a style of government – and a calendar – which endured for centuries.

13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!



MY HISTORY TEACHER WAS A EUROPEAN HISTORY MAJOR IN UC SANTA BARBARA, HE TEACHES PARTS OF THE BIBLE AS PARTS OF HIS TEACHING CIRICULUM HES NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN HE TEACHES THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY NOT MORALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF CAESAR WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THE BIBLE HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON MANKIND AND YOU CANT IGNORE THAT

Impact does not make it true...! A lot of people used to believe getting sick was do to evil spirits! Or curses from witches! We know now that that is not true... But in the past that had a big inpact on are world, to the point of burning 600 weman, and children at the stake in one town alone. YOu can teach what Impacts religion had in the past, but do not teach things like Jesus being real wich has no evidence to back it up.



ok then have you seen Caesar before? He lived around Jesus's time period. There is no scientific evidence he existed right? For all you know it could be a huge hoax just to trick the people in the future right?


There is real evidence for Gaius Julius Caesar... Unlike the mythical Jesus Christ, we know what Caesar looked like and we have a complete history of his life. In turn, general, orator, historian, statesman and lawgiver. We have words written by Caesar himself and words written by both his friends and his enemies. Artifacts confirm his life and death, as do his successors. Caesar established a style of government – and a calendar – which endured for centuries.




like I said what if its all a huge hoax, an elaborate scheme just to fool someone named Darkphoenix3450 in the future? exactly I'm not making any sense and you're not either
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3/22/09

LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

its ok for the bible to be taught as history but not its moral lessons. My Ap euro history teacher taught the bible in a historic way and he's not even Christian


How do you pull that off. Wen a lot of it does not follow real history? Truthfully?


ugh its you again.

Like I said before historians acknowledge the HISTORICAL facts of the Bible, such as existence of the apostles and Jesus. I'm not saying the works they did were were real im just saying they walked on this earth influencing a lot of people. You can deny the existence of Jesus all you want but your just too busy trying to disprove God your even denying the solid facts even athiests acknowledge which shows me that your not wanting to debate at all but just a lowlife trolling around in the forums cuz you have nothing to do.


Uhhg !150% FAIL. real historians do not acknowledge the existence of the apostles or Jesus, there is no evidence for them...! Look it up! Look for real historical evidence for Jesus! Do it, you will find 0!



MY HISTORY TEACHER WAS A EUROPEAN HISTORY MAJOR IN UC SANTA BARBARA, HE TEACHES PARTS OF THE BIBLE AS PARTS OF HIS TEACHING CIRICULUM HES NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN HE TEACHES THE BIBLE HISTORICALLY NOT MORALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF CAESAR WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT THE BIBLE HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON MANKIND AND YOU CANT IGNORE THAT

Impact does not make it true...! A lot of people used to believe getting sick was do to evil spirits! Or curses from witches! We know now that that is not true... But in the past that had a big inpact on are world, to the point of burning 600 weman, and children at the stake in one town alone. YOu can teach what Impacts religion had in the past, but do not teach things like Jesus being real wich has no evidence to back it up.



ok then have you seen Caesar before? He lived around Jesus's time period. There is no scientific evidence he existed right? For all you know it could be a huge hoax just to trick the people in the future right?


There is real evidence for Gaius Julius Caesar... Unlike the mythical Jesus Christ, we know what Caesar looked like and we have a complete history of his life. In turn, general, orator, historian, statesman and lawgiver. We have words written by Caesar himself and words written by both his friends and his enemies. Artifacts confirm his life and death, as do his successors. Caesar established a style of government – and a calendar – which endured for centuries.




like I said what if its all a huge hoax, an elaborate scheme just to fool someone named Darkphoenix3450 in the future? exactly I'm not making any sense and you're not either


Wow all that evidence, planted and for what purpos.. Its not like people clame him to be a god.
Yet Jesus is clamed to be a god today, yet there is no evidence for him.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.