First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Discussion: Yuuko's Shop
Royal
9320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 7/30/08 , edited 8/1/08
This forum thread will simply be to discuss about Yuuko's shop and possibly xxxHolic...pretty vague...

You may find philosophical views posted here...

I'll start off the discussion by asking...
Do you believe in hitsuzen and not coincidences?
P.S. Hitsuzen is when there are no coincidences in the world, only the inevitable [destiny]. It is believed that events are preordained and that actions rely on other actions to happen [like the butterfly effect, or a chain event].

My response:
I'd like to believe that hitsuzen does exist in the world, but it's sometimes hard to say that something was caused because of hitsuzen. For example, if a pen just simply dropped on the floor, it'd be hard to fabricate a reason to why that pen dropped, specifically, what good does it do towards the world, if you can't say it dropped by coincidence.

If you don't want to answer that question, I'll pose another question that I recently came up with:
Why do you think that Yuuko's customers are mostly women? Do you think it suggests something?

My response:
Argh...I don't wanna say it's a coincidence, so I'll say this...maybe it's because it shows that women are more likely to give into their curiosity of entering a new place, while men are less likely to. Or it can suggest that women are inferior and are desperate to go to unknown places for help.
If you think about it though, there are hardly any human males in the story; the only ones I can think of are Doumeki and Watanuki...I may add more to this response if someone answers this question too...
Rook
13581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Asia
Offline
Posted 7/30/08
Point taken.But what if it's hitsuzen which created coincidences? After all,life isn't just set on one track,even one little move will change everything.When that happens,ppl think they got lucky and all.But what if it's hitsuzen which made that one lucky move happen? It's posible after all =]
Rook
4255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
somewhere... out...
Offline
Posted 7/30/08 , edited 7/30/08
that's true. it depends on how the events occur which can decide on the future. uh... i hope you(and/or i) understand though. (my point is confusing) maybe like for example, an american dollar bill is made long, long time ago. this year, someone discovers that if you fold the dollar bill, it can look like the event at 9/11. it's true. my family and i checked it out and it DOES look like the burning Twin Tower and the burning Pentagon. coicidence?
Rook
28712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Dream Box
Offline
Posted 7/31/08
first i don't believe in coincidences because i believe in hitsuzen!
Even if u think it might be absurd everything does happen for a reason, even the pen example xDD
and now i am thinking it was hitsuzen we are having this conversation o.O
Royal
9320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/1/08

Lavender88 wrote:

Point taken.But what if it's hitsuzen which created coincidences? After all,life isn't just set on one track,even one little move will change everything.When that happens,ppl think they got lucky and all.But what if it's hitsuzen which made that one lucky move happen? It's posible after all =]


I guess I should have been more specific in the question, since I was thinking about how Yuuko said "There are no coincidences in the world, only the inevitable/hitsuzen".
But I think you're right about the thought that one trivial thing can't change the whole future...or maybe it just seems impossible. >_<
Royal
13225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / *moved out of cru...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
I agree with all of you. I believe in Hitsuzen and not in coincidences. Like butterflyluvsky said, I think everything happens for a reason. And that everything was according to His plans. For example: As seen in the future, a guy was supposed to die. But then he changed his own future by not dying. But it turns out that what the future was depicting was that he wasn't gonna die after all. (I have no idea about what I just said. Hahah~) So anyways, that's only my opinion. Heheh~ About your second question, no comment on that one. Hahah~
Rook
4255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
somewhere... out...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08 , edited 8/3/08
about the second question... i can say that maybe women have more flaws in japan? o_O no wait, scratch that! but yah, i just noticed that almost all of the customers are female, so maybe because of hitsuzen, yuuko might have to help women for someone's sake? that's just my theory though. might be stupid, but i just got that intuition. CLAMP? we are expecting some explanation....
Rook
13581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Asia
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
So basically,you're saying that the future is set and everything which happens beforehand is inevitable?

For instance,someone saw that he was going to die in the future and spent ALL his time trying to avoid that particular destiny but ended up dead because he tried to avoid something? Saying that things you did in your past is because He made you do it so that the future could happen?Still,I believe in hitsuzen,not coincidence.

To your second question,swt =_-=''' I never thought of it that way before.But somehow, when a man wants something,he'll try his best to get it.Manly pride,I suppose,will not let him stoop to ask for help from another.Women,as Fairywater said,are less superior and wouldn't be that ashamed of getting help from strange people,no matter how unorthodox =]
Royal
9320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

Lavender88 wrote:

So basically,you're saying that the future is set and everything which happens beforehand is inevitable?

For instance,someone saw that he was going to die in the future and spent ALL his time trying to avoid that particular destiny but ended up dead because he tried to avoid something? Saying that things you did in your past is because He made you do it so that the future could happen?Still,I believe in hitsuzen,not coincidence.

To your second question,swt =_-=''' I never thought of it that way before.But somehow, when a man wants something,he'll try his best to get it.Manly pride,I suppose,will not let him stoop to ask for help from another.Women,as Fairywater said,are less superior and wouldn't be that ashamed of getting help from strange people,no matter how unorthodox =]


I'm beginning to really rethink what I'm saying from everyone's decisions.
I'm afraid to look in the future, because I don't know if it is all set. I'd rather not though, because I think that anything that can forsee the future is not completely reliable. So many things can change that future, and then when you get a point in your mind, where you debate if you should make a choice or not, just because you saw the outcome, gets confusing, and you don't know which choice to make.
Are the decisions we make inevitable...
I'm probably going to lose my mind discussing this topic...

Good way of answering the second question. xD
When you said that a man will try his best to get to his goal, I remembered that Yuuko said Doumeki always went towards his goal on his own.
Do you believe that CLAMP made nearly all Yuuko's customers female on purpose?
Pawn
7757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/5/08 , edited 8/5/08

Fairywater wrote:

I'm afraid to look in the future, because I don't know if it is all set. I'd rather not though, because I think that anything that can forsee the future is not completely reliable. So many things can change that future, and then when you get a point in your mind, where you debate if you should make a choice or not, just because you saw the outcome, gets confusing, and you don't know which choice to make.
Are the decisions we make inevitable...
I'm probably going to lose my mind discussing this topic...


There is no such thing as a "set" future, in my opinion.

Past, present, and future... all connected together by the threads of time and memory. If you lose your memory, you lose your past; if you lose time, you lose your future. But there is one thing that you cannot lose, and it is your "present". It does not matter who you were or what you would like to be, at this very moment, there is only your current self, your current heart, and your current mind. Being able to throw away your past and future for a very quick instant, leaving only your present is the key to make a decision that in which you won't regret very much afterward. The future is not set, fate does not exist. It is ultimately your decisions that will decide your future. Your future is only set if you think that it is "set", and thus do nothing about your current situation.

There maybe things that are inevitable, but you never know whether it is evitable until you try it. Everyone, for example, will die one day, so death is inevitable. But you can avoid death right now. Yes, one day you will die, you cannot avoid that, but you can avoid death today, and many times after today.

So in short, when making a decisive decision, do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, only concentrate your mind on the present moment. This way, you can make the inevitable evitable.

(and yes, normally you would want to think of your past and dream of the future. You only throw away these two when making some certain decisions...)


=========================================

Oh by the way, speaking of past, present, and future, here's a riddle for everyone:

At what speed does a person move from the past to the present, and from the present toward the future?

=========================================



Fairywater wrote:
Do you believe that CLAMP made nearly all Yuuko's customers female on purpose?


Of course I do believe that CLAMP intentionally made nearly all Yuuko's customers females.
They want to show that women are troublesome, and they bring nothing but trouble!

Royal
9320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08

Allanon0904 wrote:

There is no such thing as a "set" future, in my opinion.

Past, present, and future... all connected together by the threads of time and memory. If you lose your memory, you lose your past; if you lose time, you lose your future. But there is one thing that you cannot lose, and it is your "present". It does not matter who you were or what you would like to be, at this very moment, there is only your current self, your current heart, and your current mind. Being able to throw away your past and future for a very quick instant, leaving only your present is the key to make a decision that in which you won't regret very much afterward. The future is not set, fate does not exist. It is ultimately your decisions that will decide your future. Your future is only set if you think that it is "set", and thus do nothing about your current situation.

There maybe things that are inevitable, but you never know whether it is evitable until you try it. Everyone, for example, will die one day, so death is inevitable. But you can avoid death right now. Yes, one day you will die, you cannot avoid that, but you can avoid death today, and many times after today.

So in short, when making a decisive decision, do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, only concentrate your mind on the present moment. This way, you can make the inevitable evitable.

(and yes, normally you would want to think of your past and dream of the future. You only throw away these two when making an important decision...)


=========================================

Oh by the way, speaking of past, present, and future, here's a riddle for everyone:

At what speed does a person move from the past to the present, and from the present toward the future?


=========================================

Of course I do believe that CLAMP intentionally made nearly all Yuuko's customers females.
They want to show that women are troublesome, and they bring nothing but trouble!



I'm guessing you think that hitsuzen is a way for people to explain misfortunes, events that seem like coincidences, etc.
I feel like hitsuzen is there sometimes, and not there at other times...
The idea hitsuzen obviously would fit more into a fantasy type setting though, than in real life.

Didn't I tell you to watch what you say? >_>

Rook
4255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
somewhere... out...
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
Maybe for example, in Cardcaptor Sakura, Sakura-chan accidently found and open the Clow Book in her dad's library. Her adventures has taken place with Kero-chan, Tomoyo-chan, and Syaoran-kun to find all the cards. BUT on the final judgement with Yue, Mizuki-sensei revealed that the staff Sakura-chan used was made by Clow Reed himself just for a cute girl, Sakura-chan. No wonder it looks girly? So it's not a coincident that Sakura found that book in the first place.

Pawn
374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / In front on my co...
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
i think hitsuzen is real and i kinda believe it... one part says its real cuz everything is decided if someone from the future looks into a textbook or something. but the first thing you think of when something happens is coincidence. and the pen dropping thing, it could turn into hitsuzen depending on who picks it up cuz it can be a crush or a enemy.
Rook
13581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Asia
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
I believe in hitsuzen,but that doesn't mean something is set down and that we could take things for granted,right?


one part says its real cuz everything is decided if someone from the future looks into a textbook or something. but the first thing you think of when something happens is coincidence.


One thing though.Anybody believes that they could change the future after seeing it in some vision? My theory is that,for instance,you see Mr X is going to kill your son,and in order to prevent that,you turned back time and killed off Mr X to prevent him from ever killing your son,but ultimately,he killed your son because you turned back time? Confusing,granted,but somehow,it makes sense. Like,if you never looked into the future,you wouldn't have ever turned back time,and if you did,then the future you saw will come true.Makes sense?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another question,though.Ever wondered why Yuuko is always connected to butterflies?

A butterfly is seen as the personification of a person's soul; whether they be living, dying, or already dead. The Ancient Greek word for "butterfly" means "soul", "mindOne Japanese superstition says that if a butterfly enters your guestroom and perches behind the bamboo screen, the person whom you most love is coming to see you. However, large numbers of butterflies are viewed as bad omens. In some old cultures, butterflies also symbolize rebirth into a new life after being inside a cocoon for a period of time.

And there's the butterfly effect,I'm sure lots of you have heard about it.The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that may ultimately alter the path of a tornado or delay, accelerate or even prevent the occurrence of a tornado in a certain location. The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale alterations of events. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.

Rook
28712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Dream Box
Offline
Posted 8/9/08
2nd Question: Fairywater
I think because they are more complicated xDD including me o.O women are mysterious and
also are completely different from guys because we have different interests like knowing the unknown ~~

3rd Question: Lavender88
I believe that if you have a vision of your future or other person's future, you can't do anything to do change it because it will happen and if you change it it was meant to happen like that o.O weird don't you think? I mean in the end with one simple question 1000 questions appear, and time is a mysterious thing indeed

4th Question: Lavender88
I definitely agree with you, but that depends on the supersticions of the place
In one episode it is "explain" that the Butterfly is an Omen of change & journey [Episode where Watanuki gets its fortune told]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.