First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Anime Ingredients
Posted 8/3/08
Fangirls/boys


Fanservice


Strange Lines a.k.a.

802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / i don't know, got...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

shuricon wrote:

After seeing dozens and dozens of anime I have noticed that there are several common "ingredients" that consistently appear in most anime. Here are a few that I've noticed:

Much to my disappointment, female characters are fairly useless in fighting anime: even if they start out "kicking ass" they end up as dead weight that has to be protected by the male "hero" (Lenalee - DGM; Sakura - Naruto; Yuya - Samurai Deeper Kyo)



Food is consumed in VERY large quantities with little regard to table manners (Goku - Saiyuki; Allen - DGM; Lina - Slayers; Goku - DBZ)



At least one of the central characters will have mighty muscles and a mini brain (Yusuke - Yuyuhakusho; Goku - DBZ; Gauri - Slayers)



The characters will recover within minutes from a beating that had them on the verge of death (Ichigo - Bleach; Kenshin - Rorouni Kenshin; Ginji - Get Backers)



The main characters will almost always include a character who's main purpose is to provide comic relief (Kuabara -Yuyuhakusho; Shippo - Inuyasha; Ayame / Shigure - Fruits Basket)



Okay that's a few I've come up with. Now I know that these truths aren't absolute, but I'd love to know if anyone else has a few more to add to this list.


:D


wow...those are all true
289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere Safe an...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

midgit wrote:

wth is a narutard xD if you can't tell me the meaning don't bother saying it at all ....
i don't think is such thing is narutards i beleive you hate naruto thats all ^_^


No offence.. but there is such a thing as narutards.... thou i am not sure of its meaning as well...
i personally love to watch naruto... its quite intresting...
13163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

super15 wrote:


midgit wrote:

wth is a narutard xD if you can't tell me the meaning don't bother saying it at all ....
i don't think is such thing is narutards i beleive you hate naruto thats all ^_^


No offence.. but there is such a thing as narutards.... thou i am not sure of its meaning as well...
i personally love to watch naruto... its quite intresting...


yeah it interesting but i'm bored of it i skip the first season (watched ep1-20) and watch shippuden only few episode though xD
289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere Safe an...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

midgit wrote:


super15 wrote:


midgit wrote:

wth is a narutard xD if you can't tell me the meaning don't bother saying it at all ....
i don't think is such thing is narutards i beleive you hate naruto thats all ^_^


No offence.. but there is such a thing as narutards.... thou i am not sure of its meaning as well...
i personally love to watch naruto... its quite intresting...


yeah it interesting but i'm bored of it i skip the first season (watched ep1-20) and watch shippuden only few episode though xD


ouh.. i finished naruto... as for shippuden, i watch till ep 68...
Posted 8/3/08

shuricon wrote:

After seeing dozens and dozens of anime I have noticed that there are several common "ingredients" that consistently appear in most anime. Here are a few that I've noticed:

Much to my disappointment, female characters are fairly useless in fighting anime: even if they start out "kicking ass" they end up as dead weight that has to be protected by the male "hero" (Lenalee - DGM; Sakura - Naruto; Yuya - Samurai Deeper Kyo)



Food is consumed in VERY large quantities with little regard to table manners (Goku - Saiyuki; Allen - DGM; Lina - Slayers; Goku - DBZ)



At least one of the central characters will have mighty muscles and a mini brain (Yusuke - Yuyuhakusho; Goku - DBZ; Gauri - Slayers)



The characters will recover within minutes from a beating that had them on the verge of death (Ichigo - Bleach; Kenshin - Rorouni Kenshin; Ginji - Get Backers)



The main characters will almost always include a character who's main purpose is to provide comic relief (Kuabara -Yuyuhakusho; Shippo - Inuyasha; Ayame / Shigure - Fruits Basket)



Okay that's a few I've come up with. Now I know that these truths aren't absolute, but I'd love to know if anyone else has a few more to add to this list.


:D


interesting! i agree absolutely! especially with the first one. why are girls always so useless?

i would include:
-Rivals: there will be a pair that's bickering non-stop and competing with each other all the time. (Inuyasha - kouga and inuyasha, naruto- sasuke and naruto, fruits basket- kyo and yuki)

-Perverts: enough said on the topic, there has to be one in every anime.

-Sad Pasts: main characters always suffer tragic a past/childhood (naruto - the entire cast, fullmetal- the elric brothers, code geass- lelouch, etc)

other than that, you pretty much covered everything.
24010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / yume no sekai -_-
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
karin + kazune = suzune
1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uranus C:
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
I watch alot of Romance/Comedy anime and this is what I've found.. :)

There is always an evil hot person who everyone hates but whenever you see them you go "QWOOAAHH! I would!"
(Eg. Sakujun from Saiunkoku Monogatari and Nakago from Fushigi Yugi)


There is always a bishounen character who normally ends up wearing girly clothing at one point or another..
(Eg. Ayame from Fruits Basket, Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou and Yuki from Fruits Basket)


Theres normally a perverted character, whom is alot older than the person they hit on (or harass) If they dont then they normally have a big crush on that person and get a nosebleed over the very thought of them (Doing stuff....Yer...)
(Eg. Shigure from Fruits basket, Gunter von Christ from Kyou Kara Maou and Milch from Nodame Cantabile)

Finally there is always a misunderstood character who normally comes off as a bad person but is actually very nice
(eg. Ikuto from Shugo Chara, Leon from Kaleido Star and Zero from Vampire Knight)


Sorry if my spelling and grammers bad


1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uranus C:
Offline
Posted 8/3/08 , edited 8/3/08

midgit wrote:


centzryo_substitution wrote:


midgit wrote:


centzryo_substitution wrote:


midgit wrote:


centzryo_substitution wrote:


midgit wrote:

cause i only see girls saying narutards xD


note: SimplyBill is not a girl damnit

im boy, and i do say narutards

YOU are Narutards

done

woops wateva then ahahha seems like he was a she ^_^ tell me what a narutard is i really wanna know ^_^



you fail, kid.

no seriously i really wanna know >.> ...fine don't tell me what it means if you don't know then don't bother saying it .... ^_^ nah jks xD



you really fails big time.

go die


zzzzzzzzzzzz i'm just asking you don't have to go all blurh on me ==" sheese


I found this on Urban dictionary Cos im coool...

Narutards -

A person who obsesses over Naruto immensely. Who can quote almost every line, wear's their headband proudly, and want's to kill Viz for making Naruto say believe it.
Random Dude: "Believe it!"
Narutard: -kills random dude with kunai- "Bastard!"


15455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / singapore~~
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
maybe....i think they put the anime like that to make it more romantic
1642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / London
Offline
Posted 8/3/08 , edited 8/3/08

Goldenkt wrote:

I watch alot of Romance/Comedy anime and this is what I've found.. :)

There is always an evil hot person who everyone hates but whenever you see them you go "QWOOAAHH! I would!"
(Eg. Sakujun from Saiunkoku Monogatari and Nakago from Fushigi Yugi)


There is always a bishounen character who normally ends up wearing girly clothing at one point or another..
(Eg. Ayame from Fruits Basket, Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou and Yuki from Fruits Basket)


Theres normally a perverted character, whom is alot older than the person they hit on (or harass) If they dont then they normally have a big crush on that person and get a nosebleed over the very thought of them (Doing stuff....Yer...)
(Eg. Shigure from Fruits basket, Gunter von Christ from Kyou Kara Maou and Milch from Nodame Cantabile)

Finally there is always a misunderstood character who normally comes off as a bad person but is actually very nice
(eg. Ikuto from Shugo Chara, Leon from Kaleido Star and Zero from Vampire Knight)


Sorry if my spelling and grammers bad






Agree with all of those, especially about at least one character ending up in female clothing!

And...I thought of another one - the main character will usually be so clueless or "innocent" he/she will be unaware that the female or male protagonist is interested in him / her (Haruhi - Ouran High School Host Club; Tohru - Fruits Basket; Kenshin - Rorouni Kenshin)
1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uranus C:
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

shuricon wrote:


Goldenkt wrote:

I watch alot of Romance/Comedy anime and this is what I've found.. :)

There is always an evil hot person who everyone hates but whenever you see them you go "QWOOAAHH! I would!"
(Eg. Sakujun from Saiunkoku Monogatari and Nakago from Fushigi Yugi)


There is always a bishounen character who normally ends up wearing girly clothing at one point or another..
(Eg. Ayame from Fruits Basket, Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou and Yuki from Fruits Basket)


Theres normally a perverted character, whom is alot older than the person they hit on (or harass) If they dont then they normally have a big crush on that person and get a nosebleed over the very thought of them (Doing stuff....Yer...)
(Eg. Shigure from Fruits basket, Gunter von Christ from Kyou Kara Maou and Milch from Nodame Cantabile)

Finally there is always a misunderstood character who normally comes off as a bad person but is actually very nice
(eg. Ikuto from Shugo Chara, Leon from Kaleido Star and Zero from Vampire Knight)


Sorry if my spelling and grammers bad






Agree with all of those, especially about at least one character ending up in female clothing!

And...I thought of another one - the main character will usually be so clueless or "innocent" he/she will be unaware that the female or male protagonist is interested in him / her (Haruhi - Ouran High School Host Club; Tohru - Fruits Basket; Kenshin - Rorouni Kenshin)


Haha thats so true :)

1642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / London
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

varun_singh wrote:

School Uniforms: The characters seem to rather enjoy doing everything in their school uniform. (Kuwabara – Yu Yu Hakusho; Kagome – Inuyasha)

From Villain to Hero: Every anime has at least one character that makes the transition from bad to good. In most cases it takes a hard fought fight with the hero for this character to see a new light. (Aoshi – Rurouni Kenshin; Hiei – Yu Yu Hakusho)

Villains True Form: As the villains demise looms near they usually have one final transformation to spare. Apart from the obvious increase in strength, they typically get bigger and uglier as well. (Kuro Momotaro – Yu Yu Hakusho; Freeza – DBZ)

Sidekicks: The main hero normally has a number of friends. One of which is there trusted sidekick. (Gauri – Slayers; Kuwabara – Yu Yu Hakusho)




Good ones! Especially about the school uniforms. Why do they wear those things 24/7?!
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / ?????????????????...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
unique characters w/ their own ways of thinking

almost unimaginable plot or out of this world plo t

wardrobes

crazy faces

fan service

and lots more............




680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
Some anime main characters don't stick out so much If they are (male)!

There are always some nosy girls in anime sorry but forgot the examples. Oh yeah Azuna form Negima.

There usually girls with big boobs and supre powers.

IN sports anime main characters always starts as dorky dorks like hajime no ippo or over drive.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.