First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply Why Are You Afraid Of Death?
325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Hoofddorp, The Ne...
Offline
Posted 1/18/09 , edited 1/18/09
I'm terrified of death, because I will not exist anymore as the person that I am now, nor remembering it . (atleast I think death will go like that)
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
we don't know what will happen to us after we die, maybe it'll be a good thing, maybe it'll be a bad thing.
but it's because we have no idea what is going to happen, or if there is actually such thing as 'life after death', that we are afraid of death.
1175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Panda Land
Offline
Posted 2/8/09
we work hard in life and achieve many goals. The thought of losing it all and not having any memory of what just happend is horrable.
Posted 2/8/09
Because at that point I will no longer exist. In my mind I doubt an afterlife, and don't believe in any form of heaven, hell or ghosts, so if that's the case it will just be BAM no longer there/here. The thought freaks me out, naturally. All I know is being a live. Life before I was alive isn't as frightening because I look in history books, or ask people what happened during that time, but afterwards... Well, I will never know. It's a little sad not to be able to know, but also scary that it could happen at any moment. And just as scary to know it could happen to someone you know. They could just suddenly be gone from existence.

I used to want to die just to see, like how people die for a few seconds and then get brought back to life. Happened to my uncle actually. He didn't remember anything happening though.

But I think what is really scary is it could happen at any time, and we can't do much about it. We can control so much of our lives, but we can't control when we die (to a certain extent).
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 2/9/09
normally people are scared of death because once they die they will not be able to see their love one anymore. that is my reason at least. anyway do you think who feel more pain the spirit of the person that just die or the person who is still alive? i mean pain as in sadness.
10607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / bOx
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
i am afraid to leave this beautiful world given to us by GOD.. i can't see my crushes anymore.. huhuh
3753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
lalaland
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
Although death will be inevitable, it's important to spend your time on earth to the best of your abilities. Leave a lasting impression where you will forever remain, even after death. Think of it this way, death is not the last sleep, but the final awakening (yes, i took that off somewhere). There is so much more after death. However before all that, fear will just keep you from living.

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away".
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
sure why not.




wait yes, i dont wanna be separated from my bf D:
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

babychink wrote:

Although death will be inevitable, it's important to spend your time on earth to the best of your abilities. Leave a lasting impression where you will forever remain, even after death. Think of it this way, death is not the last sleep, but the final awakening (yes, i took that off somewhere). There is so much more after death. However before all that, fear will just keep you from living.

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away".


whats after death?
3753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
lalaland
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


babychink wrote:

Although death will be inevitable, it's important to spend your time on earth to the best of your abilities. Leave a lasting impression where you will forever remain, even after death. Think of it this way, death is not the last sleep, but the final awakening (yes, i took that off somewhere). There is so much more after death. However before all that, fear will just keep you from living.

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away".


whats after death?


Well, considering I'm Catholic, I believe that even after our body dies, our soul lives on. Where it would go? It's all based on how we lived our life on earth. Good people or people who sincerely repented should go to heaven to live on eternally there.
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

babychink wrote:


Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


babychink wrote:

Although death will be inevitable, it's important to spend your time on earth to the best of your abilities. Leave a lasting impression where you will forever remain, even after death. Think of it this way, death is not the last sleep, but the final awakening (yes, i took that off somewhere). There is so much more after death. However before all that, fear will just keep you from living.

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away".


whats after death?


Well, considering I'm Catholic, I believe that even after our body dies, our soul lives on. Where it would go? It's all based on how we lived our life on earth. Good people or people who sincerely repented should go to heaven to live on eternally there.


and there what do we do? "live"?
if thats living, then what are we doing now? what, is this a trial?
like a hit - o - miss thing? its either heaven or hell waiting for us?
3753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
lalaland
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


babychink wrote:


Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


babychink wrote:

Although death will be inevitable, it's important to spend your time on earth to the best of your abilities. Leave a lasting impression where you will forever remain, even after death. Think of it this way, death is not the last sleep, but the final awakening (yes, i took that off somewhere). There is so much more after death. However before all that, fear will just keep you from living.

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away".


whats after death?


Well, considering I'm Catholic, I believe that even after our body dies, our soul lives on. Where it would go? It's all based on how we lived our life on earth. Good people or people who sincerely repented should go to heaven to live on eternally there.


and there what do we do? "live"?
if thats living, then what are we doing now? what, is this a trial?
like a hit - o - miss thing? its either heaven or hell waiting for us?


(You like debating, huh? I'm not very good, but I'll try.)

Right now, our soul AND body are living and breathing. But after death, after our body dies, our sould lives on.
It could be a trial. Or it could just be another life. I don't really believe in reincarnation, but I'm not saying it's impossible.
There's also a place called Purgatory, where one would wait for the decision to be made, if it ever is.
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / md
Offline
Posted 2/10/09
LOL U GUYS R JUST SAYING WAT U READ FROM SOME WHERE, PEOPLE R AFRAID OF DEATH BECAUSE THEY WANT TO LIVE FOREVER AND LIKE EVERYBODY READ AT SOMETIME IT IS BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT COMES AFTER DEATH, BUT HEY LOOK AT IT THIS WAY U R GOING TO DIE ANYWAYS, SO IF U R GOING TO DIE, DIE LIKE A MAN, DIE WHILE FIGHTING FOR WAT U WANT, AND THE CRAP ABOUT ENJOYING LIFE WITH LOVED ONE, YEAH GO AHEAD AND DO THAT BUT REMEMBER U CAME IN THIS WORLD ALONE AND U WILL DIE ALONE, AND THE MORE PEOPLE U ENCOUNTER, THE MORE U LOOSE OWNERSHIP OF URSELF BECAUSE UR LIVE BELONGS TO ALL THE BONDS U MADE WITH PEOPLE AND KNOWING U R GOING TO DIE AND BREAK THOSE BONDS WHILE THEY R ALIVE MAKES IT MORE PAINFUL AND LEAVES U TO DIE WITH REGRET, LOOK AT THIS THIS WAY NO MATTER WAT U DO, U WILL DIE ALONE IN PAIN.
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

babychink wrote:


Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


babychink wrote:


Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


babychink wrote:

Although death will be inevitable, it's important to spend your time on earth to the best of your abilities. Leave a lasting impression where you will forever remain, even after death. Think of it this way, death is not the last sleep, but the final awakening (yes, i took that off somewhere). There is so much more after death. However before all that, fear will just keep you from living.

"Life is not counted by the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away".


whats after death?


Well, considering I'm Catholic, I believe that even after our body dies, our soul lives on. Where it would go? It's all based on how we lived our life on earth. Good people or people who sincerely repented should go to heaven to live on eternally there.


and there what do we do? "live"?
if thats living, then what are we doing now? what, is this a trial?
like a hit - o - miss thing? its either heaven or hell waiting for us?


(You like debating, huh? I'm not very good, but I'll try.)

Right now, our soul AND body are living and breathing. But after death, after our body dies, our sould lives on.
It could be a trial. Or it could just be another life. I don't really believe in reincarnation, but I'm not saying it's impossible.
There's also a place called Purgatory, where one would wait for the decision to be made, if it ever is.


so is soul a solid form of us? will we be able to do every day tasks even after we die?
purgatory? "Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions. "
so, it is a punishment in other words?
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/10/09

anduh wrote:

LOL U GUYS R JUST SAYING WAT U READ FROM SOME WHERE, PEOPLE R AFRAID OF DEATH BECAUSE THEY WANT TO LIVE FOREVER AND LIKE EVERYBODY READ AT SOMETIME IT IS BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT COMES AFTER DEATH, BUT HEY LOOK AT IT THIS WAY U R GOING TO DIE ANYWAYS, SO IF U R GOING TO DIE, DIE LIKE A MAN, DIE WHILE FIGHTING FOR WAT U WANT, AND THE CRAP ABOUT ENJOYING LIFE WITH LOVED ONE, YEAH GO AHEAD AND DO THAT BUT REMEMBER U CAME IN THIS WORLD ALONE AND U WILL DIE ALONE, AND THE MORE PEOPLE U ENCOUNTER, THE MORE U LOOSE OWNERSHIP OF URSELF BECAUSE UR LIVE BELONGS TO ALL THE BONDS U MADE WITH PEOPLE AND KNOWING U R GOING TO DIE AND BREAK THOSE BONDS WHILE THEY R ALIVE MAKES IT MORE PAINFUL AND LEAVES U TO DIE WITH REGRET, LOOK AT THIS THIS WAY NO MATTER WAT U DO, U WILL DIE ALONE IN PAIN.


u werent born into the world alone, unless your birth mother didnt want u and ur father didnt love you. most children are born into the world with love and care in the hearts of their parents.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.