First  Prev  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  Next  Last
Why Are You Afraid Of Death?
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
Afraid of death? Ha! Thanks to denial i'm immortal.
24007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sheffield, UK
Offline
Posted 10/24/12

Pomff wrote:

Afraid of death? Ha! Thanks to denial i'm immortal.


Oh what I would not give for some ignorance.

50207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 10/25/12

KiddoRed wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


KiddoRed wrote:

I'm not afraid at all :]
But I hate pain. I can barely stand a stomach ache. So I will die painless.


Getting hit by a speeding train is painless. That is, if you die as it hits you. You may feel mind-splintering pain for a split-second or a second or two from the impact but it'll be instantaneous. It doesn't even have to be a train, maybe a horse fell on you, or you got tossed into a rotating fan blade. Does that help?



I don't see your point


My point is death isn't painless if you think about it.
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Im afriad of death because i like life.
575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / animeworld
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Im not afraid bcoz of the heaven thing im only afraid coz i might suffer
Posted 10/25/12
I can only facepalm over this thread. Following quote pretty much says it.

"Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
Bruce Wayne: Why?
Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death.
Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it."


Even Batman admits to it. The day death breathes down your neck, fear will find you. I'll leave this thread for good before it makes my blood boil over.
13789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/25/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


KiddoRed wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


KiddoRed wrote:

I'm not afraid at all :]
But I hate pain. I can barely stand a stomach ache. So I will die painless.


Getting hit by a speeding train is painless. That is, if you die as it hits you. You may feel mind-splintering pain for a split-second or a second or two from the impact but it'll be instantaneous. It doesn't even have to be a train, maybe a horse fell on you, or you got tossed into a rotating fan blade. Does that help?



I don't see your point


My point is death isn't painless if you think about it.


Some people do die painless though. Like old age or something.
13789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/25/12

Amunat wrote:

I can only facepalm over this thread. Following quote pretty much says it.

"Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
Bruce Wayne: Why?
Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death.
Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it."


Even Batman admits to it. The day death breathes down your neck, fear will find you. I'll leave this thread for good before it makes my blood boil over.


Batman isn't real anyway :P
But everyone is different. Not everyone fears death. Look at suicide bombers. Or those people that die "in the name of God" or something along those lines. Certain criminal who are up for execution. Or people of a faith who truly believe there is some place better after "death".
50255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
I am not.

I'm just scared of being raped before being killed by a psycho.
14425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Its not a matter of being scared of death really, what scares me is the thought about how you die...
Posted 10/25/12 , edited 10/25/12

KiddoRed

He's not real no, but aspects of him and heroes in general can draw logical parallels to reality.

Well I disagree. Sure, people commit suicide for different reasons, they believe in an afterlife, I think a part of me does as well, but it doesn't equal to not experiencing fear at all.

All I can say is, wait and see. When you are truly tested, getting old, what not, fear will creep up on you. I truly believe people saying they don't fear death are kidding themselves, but hey each to their own. As I said, wait and see.

13789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/25/12

Amunat wrote:


KiddoRed

He's not real no, but aspects of him and heroes in general can draw logical parallels to reality.

Well I disagree. Sure, people commit suicide for different reasons, they believe in an afterlife, I think a part of me does as well, but it doesn't equal to not experiencing fear at all.

All I can say is, wait and see. When you are truly tested, getting old, what not, fear will creep up on you. I truly believe people saying they don't fear death are kidding themselves, but hey each to their own. As I said, wait and see.



True. People can only know of something once they experience it. As you said: wait and see :]
Hopefully for me when the time comes, I will stick with my word and not fear it.

13789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/25/12

Sverdrup wrote:

Its not a matter of being scared of death really, what scares me is the thought about how you die...



Yep. Totally. All I gotta say is that I better in my sleep.
Queen Moderator
32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Sver is correct.
I'm not afraid of "death" at all.
I'm afraid of :
Burning to death, drowning, or falling from high places.
POSSIBLY murder, if they're a torturous type.
Aside from that, meh.
14425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Exactly
First  Prev  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.