First  Prev  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  Next  Last
Post Reply Why Are You Afraid Of Death?
59484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 11/29/12 , edited 11/29/12
I'm not afraid of death but I'm afraid of losing (As in: not seeing / not talking to) the people I know like my family or my friends.
That would be the worst scenario I can think of.
1767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / shioshishio ♥
Offline
Posted 11/29/12
I think I already replied to this forum thread in like, September, but I forgot.. so this is my repost.

I'm a bit afraid of death. Of, what will happen afterwards, where will I go... and, out of all of that, I don't want to die in pain, like getting shot or suicide. I'd like to die from old age or something, but not a disease or killings or murders.
Oh god.
Well, okay, I gotta admit, I am. ;_;
1216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / lala land
Offline
Posted 11/29/12
because he walks with that long sharp thing
Galiko 
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Montréal
Offline
Posted 11/29/12
I don't fear death I fear the unknown.
4185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 11/29/12
I don't fear death.
As a natural human being, of course I do. But as a person, no. If I die, it was fate and/or your God's will. But I think I will know my time of death. However if I know there is a chance for survival, I will take that chance and do anything to survive to continue living.
16033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 11/30/12

VintageVengeance wrote:

I don't fear death.
As a natural human being, of course I do. But as a person, no. If I die, it was fate and/or your God's will. But I think I will know my time of death. However if I know there is a chance for survival, I will take that chance and do anything to survive to continue living.


Well said.
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 11/30/12

Spazticus wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

I can't wait to die, definitely not afraid of it. My life is an impairment on civilization anyway, so I need to die as soon as possible.


If you're that determined to die, then what is stopping you? Unless I'm very much mistaken, I've seen you post comments along the lines of feeling you have no self worth, so I figure someone or something is motivating enough for you to stay around, at best. At worst, it's a statement strictly designed for attention, and I'd rather not think the worst of anyone in cases like this. I certainly don't wish suicide on anyone. I've lost people I cared about due to it, and I strongly feel that there are multiple victims of suicide: The one who commits it, and everyone they knew who they leave behind.

I'm rather curious why people make posts like yours. I can't make you see that you have self worth; that's purely up to you. I will suggest that you seek help, professionally or otherwise. If you want to vent, my inbox is open, if you want to take that option. I care enough to at least make this post, so don't try to convince me or anyone else that "nobody cares about you". I heard that bullshit line from a close friend who did end his life; and whether or not he chose to see it, people cared, and his loss is still felt years afterward. By even posting at all in this forum, it implies that you wanted someone to read it. Maybe you weren't expecting a response, but you got one. Do as you will.


The only suicide methods available to me at the moment are the most common ones that do not include a guaranteed fatality, so that is why I am still alive. I assure you that nothing is motivating me to stay alive, and if I had access to a guillotine I would definitely kill myself.

I suppose I post on here because I have nothing better to do, since I am in college right now and my life is extremely boring. If there were professionals out there that could lecture about something other than optimistic bullshit, then I might consider going to one. Until someone can tell me why I was ever born and why I cannot relive the past, then I will continue to seek death.
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 11/30/12

lordseth23 wrote:


Spazticus wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

I can't wait to die, definitely not afraid of it. My life is an impairment on civilization anyway, so I need to die as soon as possible.


If you're that determined to die, then what is stopping you? Unless I'm very much mistaken, I've seen you post comments along the lines of feeling you have no self worth, so I figure someone or something is motivating enough for you to stay around, at best. At worst, it's a statement strictly designed for attention, and I'd rather not think the worst of anyone in cases like this. I certainly don't wish suicide on anyone. I've lost people I cared about due to it, and I strongly feel that there are multiple victims of suicide: The one who commits it, and everyone they knew who they leave behind.

I'm rather curious why people make posts like yours. I can't make you see that you have self worth; that's purely up to you. I will suggest that you seek help, professionally or otherwise. If you want to vent, my inbox is open, if you want to take that option. I care enough to at least make this post, so don't try to convince me or anyone else that "nobody cares about you". I heard that bullshit line from a close friend who did end his life; and whether or not he chose to see it, people cared, and his loss is still felt years afterward. By even posting at all in this forum, it implies that you wanted someone to read it. Maybe you weren't expecting a response, but you got one. Do as you will.


The only suicide methods available to me at the moment are the most common ones that do not include a guaranteed fatality, so that is why I am still alive. I assure you that nothing is motivating me to stay alive, and if I had access to a guillotine I would definitely kill myself.

I suppose I post on here because I have nothing better to do, since I am in college right now and my life is extremely boring. If there were professionals out there that could lecture about something other than optimistic bullshit, then I might consider going to one. Until someone can tell me why I was ever born and why I cannot relive the past, then I will continue to seek death.


Moral and religious judgments aside, ultimately the only one responsible for your actions, is you. The only conscience you ultimately have to answer to is your own. at least while you still live. What you choose to do with the time you have, how you spend it, and to an extent, how you end it, are in your hands.

If you don't want to give your life some meaning, that is your own business. Your life will not have any meaning for anyone else unless you begin to define it for yourself. Why does someone else have to give you the answer for why you're here? Fuck that; it's a cowardly conceit, because nobody else can define it for you. Decide what that answer is for yourself, and do something about it. If you don't choose your own path, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. Life is what you make of it.
2685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / In my room (;
Offline
Posted 11/30/12
im afraid of death because you never know when death will take your loved ones away </3 great now i feel depressed why did i even comment on this...
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 11/30/12

Spazticus wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


Spazticus wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

I can't wait to die, definitely not afraid of it. My life is an impairment on civilization anyway, so I need to die as soon as possible.


If you're that determined to die, then what is stopping you? Unless I'm very much mistaken, I've seen you post comments along the lines of feeling you have no self worth, so I figure someone or something is motivating enough for you to stay around, at best. At worst, it's a statement strictly designed for attention, and I'd rather not think the worst of anyone in cases like this. I certainly don't wish suicide on anyone. I've lost people I cared about due to it, and I strongly feel that there are multiple victims of suicide: The one who commits it, and everyone they knew who they leave behind.

I'm rather curious why people make posts like yours. I can't make you see that you have self worth; that's purely up to you. I will suggest that you seek help, professionally or otherwise. If you want to vent, my inbox is open, if you want to take that option. I care enough to at least make this post, so don't try to convince me or anyone else that "nobody cares about you". I heard that bullshit line from a close friend who did end his life; and whether or not he chose to see it, people cared, and his loss is still felt years afterward. By even posting at all in this forum, it implies that you wanted someone to read it. Maybe you weren't expecting a response, but you got one. Do as you will.


The only suicide methods available to me at the moment are the most common ones that do not include a guaranteed fatality, so that is why I am still alive. I assure you that nothing is motivating me to stay alive, and if I had access to a guillotine I would definitely kill myself.

I suppose I post on here because I have nothing better to do, since I am in college right now and my life is extremely boring. If there were professionals out there that could lecture about something other than optimistic bullshit, then I might consider going to one. Until someone can tell me why I was ever born and why I cannot relive the past, then I will continue to seek death.


Moral and religious judgments aside, ultimately the only one responsible for your actions, is you. The only conscience you ultimately have to answer to is your own. at least while you still live. What you choose to do with the time you have, how you spend it, and to an extent, how you end it, are in your hands.

If you don't want to give your life some meaning, that is your own business. Your life will not have any meaning for anyone else unless you begin to define it for yourself. Why does someone else have to give you the answer for why you're here? Fuck that; it's a cowardly conceit, because nobody else can define it for you. Decide what that answer is for yourself, and do something about it. If you don't choose your own path, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. Life is what you make of it.


I am unable to give my life meaning because of the constraints of this world.
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 11/30/12 , edited 11/30/12

lordseth23 wrote:

I am unable to give my life meaning because of the constraints of this world.


I am going to call bullshit on this. They are most of the same constraints every other human has to live with, so I cannot regard that as a valid reason. If you're seeking some utopian ideal, it's never going to happen. The primary limiting factor in your world view is the one you have set for yourself. Claim all you want that the universe is at fault, but you have free will to decide how you interpret the world around you, and your argument holds far less impact in that light. Actually, it doesn't hold much of any weight whatsoever.

It's not simply a matter of mindset. You are actively seeking to make your life have less meaning, and it easily becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. You're bored with your life because you actively WANT to be bored. You're settling for a situation you have the power to change, and then blaming the world for the decision you've made. You're your own worst enemy at this point. Switch targets to the things you want to change in the world around you, and work on those. If there's nothing about the world you want to change, and you're still being self destructive...then all you're doing here is wasting effort and time, instead of trying to fix what you see as broken. This includes yourself.

Get out of your own head for a while. I can't stress that enough. That's probably the best thing you can start to do at this point. I don't believe you're thinking too much, but you're far too focused on yourself. Put that same amount of focus on helping others around you, and stop thinking it has to be about what you want. You are not any more special than the rest of us, but you seem to have the luxury of acting like you deserve better, while not having any desire to put in the effort to make it happen. No wonder you find that you're so disappointed.
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 11/30/12

Spazticus wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:

I am unable to give my life meaning because of the constraints of this world.


I am going to call bullshit on this. They are most of the same constraints every other human has to live with, so I cannot regard that as a valid reason. If you're seeking some utopian ideal, it's never going to happen. The primary limiting factor in your world view is the one you have set for yourself. Claim all you want that the universe is at fault, but you have free will to decide how you interpret the world around you, and your argument holds far less impact in that light. Actually, it doesn't hold much of any weight whatsoever.

It's not simply a matter of mindset. You are actively seeking to make your life have less meaning, and it easily becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. You're bored with your life because you actively WANT to be bored. You're settling for a situation you have the power to change, and then blaming the world for the decision you've made. You're your own worst enemy at this point. Switch targets to the things you want to change in the world around you, and work on those. If there's nothing about the world you want to change, and you're still being self destructive...then all you're doing here is wasting effort and time, instead of trying to fix what you see as broken. This includes yourself.

Get out of your own head for a while. I can't stress that enough. That's probably the best thing you can start to do at this point. I don't believe you're thinking too much, but you're far too focused on yourself. Put that same amount of focus on helping others around you, and stop thinking it has to be about what you want. You are not any more special than the rest of us, but you seem to have the luxury of acting like you deserve better, while not having any desire to put in the effort to make it happen. No wonder you find that you're so disappointed.


If someone has similar constraints as me, then they should be allowed to die. The fact that this will never be an ideal world is reason enough for wanting to die. To lie to myself and say that I am able to control my own destiny would just make my life more difficult. I do not have the power to change the most important aspects of my life. There is no point in trying to change the world because I cannot do it alone.
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 11/30/12 , edited 11/30/12

lordseth23 wrote:


If someone has similar constraints as me, then they should be allowed to die. The fact that this will never be an ideal world is reason enough for wanting to die. To lie to myself and say that I am able to control my own destiny would just make my life more difficult. I do not have the power to change the most important aspects of my life. There is no point in trying to change the world because I cannot do it alone.


Get over yourself. Unless you have a severe physical infirmity, crippling illness, etc. then your constraints are not much worse than those of anyone else. Why the hell do you expect some ideal world that nobody will ever have, at any point in history? So by your logic, nobody should have a reason to keep living, and most keep getting along just fine. I've been legally blind since birth, I have severe health issues, and yet...I still find I have the passion to keep persevering. I'm not lying to myself, but you certainly are...you tell yourself a lie long enough, and that lie becomes the truth.

So it's going to make your life more difficult? So be it. Help remake the world around you with your own two hands, or get out of the way so others can. The only real limitation you have to fight is yourself. It's not you versus the world, it's you versus yourself. THAT is the fight you need to fight, and win, if you want even a passing shot at improving the world around you. Until you do that, then yes, you have lost. And if you don't even want to bother attempting to conquer your self imposed limitations, you are far beyond the help of others.
DonB04 
19258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 11/30/12
I don't fear death rather I welcome it. I'll go face to face with death itself. If death wins then I wasn't strong enough defy it. That's all there is to it.
32102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/1/12
Believe it or not, I'm not scared. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to die but at the same time, I'm satisfied with the life I've lived up to this point.
First  Prev  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.