First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Why is there ONLY gay movies in dramas but no lesbian ones?
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / In the middle of...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08 , edited 8/3/08
Where do you people get you facts? I wanna know, or is it just personal opinions? Especially the people who are saying, "There are more gays, than lesbians." Besides, here in America lesbianism is the more accepted form of homosexuality.

Massachusetts allows gay marriage. California does too, but in CA, there is a movement to change the state constitution and make it say that only a woman and a man can marry. If these people win, gay marriage is not going to be allowed any longer in California.

I don't know why Asian countries have more gay movies than lesbian ones. It could be that most of the lesbian movies and shows venture toward the realms of pornography and not something that should be available on sites such as this. It could be that there is more of a stigma of being lesbian than there is a stigma of being gay. It could be that the actresses aren't willing to compromise their careers whereas actors are more willing to take the risks. I do not know, and I will not know unless I move to an Asian country, but all of these are plausable reasons.
6702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
omg i know
4455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / US
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

xoxo__babygurl wrote:


maiianh wrote:


xoxo__babygurl wrote:


InuyashaPhan wrote:


kerkeloo wrote:


maiianh wrote:

gahh!! i found one=D && rainie yang is in it>.<


there's only quite a few lesbian films. the reason why is because I guess there's more gay men than lesbians in the world or in the entertainment business.


Well i think most of the lesbians in the EB in the U.S are to busy trying to make Gay Marrigage Legal.
which is a good thing,because i think it should be legal.


Gay marriage IS legal in California...


really? i havent heard of that ;o


It's quite recent actually, a couple of months ago, I believe. I think in Massachusetts, too, but I'm not too sure about that. I know California for sure though.




yeah but in Massachusetts,only out of state gay people can marry.

8315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

InuyashaPhan wrote:


xoxo__babygurl wrote:


maiianh wrote:


xoxo__babygurl wrote:


InuyashaPhan wrote:


kerkeloo wrote:


maiianh wrote:

gahh!! i found one=D && rainie yang is in it>.<


there's only quite a few lesbian films. the reason why is because I guess there's more gay men than lesbians in the world or in the entertainment business.


Well i think most of the lesbians in the EB in the U.S are to busy trying to make Gay Marrigage Legal.
which is a good thing,because i think it should be legal.


Gay marriage IS legal in California...


really? i havent heard of that ;o


It's quite recent actually, a couple of months ago, I believe. I think in Massachusetts, too, but I'm not too sure about that. I know California for sure though.




yeah but in Massachusetts,only out of state gay people can marry.



wow soo many laws against gays-.-' its soo sad//
1518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / b.c. canada.........
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
hmmm in my opinion more drama's are from asia, and asian's are not really into gay movies, i think they are in the process of accepting gay.. but lesbians i dont think they're too open with that concept yet.. i think i've watch gay and lesbian movie but i dont remember them ... its just an opinion...

i think gay marriage is legal in canada.. i think soo thats why my friend wants to come here ..
17397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Im Lost
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
there are some... but Yaoi is more in demand
302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
Butterfly.

Is that the one starring Rainie Yang and Isabelle?
8315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

darkangel_akoh wrote:

hmmm in my opinion more drama's are from asia, and asian's are not really into gay movies, i think they are in the process of accepting gay.. but lesbians i dont think they're too open with that concept yet.. i think i've watch gay and lesbian movie but i dont remember them ... its just an opinion...

i think gay marriage is legal in canada.. i think soo thats why my friend wants to come here ..


is it? i lived here all my life and never heard of that ;o
8315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

Holicist wrote:

Butterfly.

Is that the one starring Rainie Yang and Isabelle?


no it's called 'spider lilies' >.<
302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

maiianh wrote:


Holicist wrote:

Butterfly.

Is that the one starring Rainie Yang and Isabelle?


no it's called 'spider lilies' >.<
OH. I see. There was something else called Butterfly then...

174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/08 , edited 8/3/08

maiianh wrote:

I want to know why there are soooooooooo many gay movies and a couple gay dramas but there are none lesbian movies nor dramas [[referring to asian dramas and movies]], like i know there is anime of it and all...but anime is not for me-.-''


That's probably because in JDrama, anime, or manga, many of the gay/Yaoi stories always star very feminine boy characters.

Basically, having lesbian stories would be pretty much indentical except with boobs and possibly less viewers or readers, because the male readers/viewers and the female readers/viewers in Japan prefer boy on boy action more with a little bit of the "ahhh" action.
761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

redmusk wrote:

i think coz men are more open than women...



What do you mean by open? The way I interpret that makes me think you mean how cautious they are about being intimate with their own gender.Guy friends don't even touch eachother as much as girl friends touch eachother,boys are total homophobes (lol), so that reasoning seems off to me. If you're refering to that kind of openness, then I would think girls are more open.

...Another thing... most guy actors who act in the main gay movies aren't even gay to begin with, so saying its because there are more gay guys in the entertainment industry then lesbians is also kind of off.Its just work, its not about whether you're actually gay or not.

The reason why theres not alot of lesbian films/dramas is closer to what someone else already said. about how the drama audience is a significant amount of girls.Plus in most cases girls are slightly easier to please, we can have shounen ai and be happy with that, and thats perfectly managable in a drama because boy actors won't mind signing up for those roles, but for guys, its more appealing to them if its not a long and drawn out emotional drama.They want it quick and short and to the point, meaning its basically a porn movie.



3940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Cebu, Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

maiianh wrote:


t-riz wrote:

there's one fmovie.. it's called ROME AND JULIET... but i haven't checked it out... maybe it's in youtube...

is spider lilies worth watching??


oh is it the japanese 'romeo and juliet' ? and i dont know.. i hope it just didnt get the chance to watch it yet but i dl-ed xp


no, it's a filipino movie...





761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
honestly......hmmmm....I don't really know

because even with thinking that i think there are some but for some reason yaoi is just more popular. oh well.
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Living in the US...
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
part of "i like it hot"
is a lesbian movie.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.