First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Should marijuana be legalized?
9659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
What do you say?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
36005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
I think it should stay illegal. If it was legal there would be numerous car wrecks because people will smoke it and drive. It can't be good for you to smoke and it impares your judgment.
619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
I've heard things on both sides, but I'm still not sure which I'd be for. On the one hand, it's apparently very good for medicine, but really, how hard would it be for smugglers to get some sort of approved prescription for marijuana? On the other hand, its value increases on the black market while illegal. Kind of like the Prohibition of alchohol a long time ago in the U.S. Since I don't do it, I think I'm against it. Which is a weird reason, but I prefer not to be exposed to the smell of marijuana (which is easy to find since the smokers are all in the park across from my school).

Of course, this is just my uninformed opinion.
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6134138168753053667&q=History+of+Marijuana&hl=en

I suppose I'm for it being treated pretty much the same as alcohol. Personally, would not do it much, and I dont drink alcohol much now.
1536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Montréal, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
Definitly, there would be a lot less fights and alot more love. Already there is a kind of ( battle ) between drunks and stoner's. Well, you can't really call it a battle because the stoner's will just look at you and chukle. But if you combinate two drunks, there is a 30% chance more that they will fight then two stoners. The stoners will just make jokes. Then again, you never really want to see soners at a party because they don't do anything. I'm axed more to the side that is should be decriminalized.
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 3/11/07

digs wrote:

I think it should stay illegal. If it was legal there would be numerous car wrecks because people will smoke it and drive. It can't be good for you to smoke and it impares your judgment.


http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_driving.shtml

And were quickly dawning on the point of automated cars...
1536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Montréal, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/07

digs wrote:

I think it should stay illegal. If it was legal there would be numerous car wrecks because people will smoke it and drive. It can't be good for you to smoke and it impares your judgment.


Yes and no, you just drive like a grandma, because you think that you are going 70 when your actually going at 30
1536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Montréal, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/07

FaeryKitty wrote:

^^ me too if it was legal than more people's lives would be in danger and thier health would suck plus all the students would be high and their grades will drop


My frind who is actually really bad at a lot of things smoked befor an exam and got a better note then 60% of the class!! and we studied. He did'nt
9659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
This is not an endorsement for legalization, but an old Iranian dude in my Humanities class last year, used to smoke his entire head stash everytime before a test and somehow got 80% and above. This was last year, and I haven't talked to him since then. I don't think this figures into any side of the argument, but its a funny experience I had with a marijuana user.
27499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
i live in germany,3 hours of driving and you are in holland;).but i quit like 2-3
years ago,was getting boring.i dont know what could be wrong with legalizing
it(for people who are old enough).it was a fun time,i regret nothing.
funny thing is that there are much more intensive plants out there which are not
forbidden.once i had to do a presentation in school and brought like
5 of those to class and told about the effect,that was funny,the teacher
could say nothing and i even took one of the stuff,man that was funny.
now i am just getting drunk from time to time,this time is over and it
didnt do any damage to me.you just have to know everything about,what
you take and be aware of your limits.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
36005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
It does hurt your brain though, and the smoke probably hurts your lungs like tabaco smoking.
1536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Montréal, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/07

FaeryKitty wrote:


djzabou wrote:


FaeryKitty wrote:

^^ me too if it was legal than more people's lives would be in danger and thier health would suck plus all the students would be high and their grades will drop


My frind who is actually really bad at a lot of things smoked befor an exam and got a better note then 60% of the class!! and we studied. He did'nt


lol He got lucky or maybe he was high to begin wit and his brain wasn't that much affected



Did you know that the was a test done on pot smokers and it revealed that if you consume at least 4 times per week ( i'm not saying I do this), your body becomes use to it so it do'es less dammage than the occasionnal smoker. So what im tring to get at is that he did'nt get lucky, its just like that. I'm not saying that if you smoke you will get good grades either.
20969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
I think that marijuana and even some other drugs should be legalised. People are getting them now no probs. If you want it you can get it. So if you make them legal the can have places where they are made safely so the people who use it dont get bad stuff. Also i think a lot of murders happen due to drug dealing so that should go down.

I dont advocate taking drugs. Ive never done drugs(except alcohol). Anyone who takes drugs makes there own decisions.
5417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 3/11/07

elestial wrote:

I think that marijuana and even some other drugs should be legalised. People are getting them now no probs. If you want it you can get it. So if you make them legal the can have places where they are made safely so the people who use it dont get bad stuff. Also i think a lot of murders happen due to drug dealing so that should go down.

I dont advocate taking drugs. Ive never done drugs(except alcohol). Anyone who takes drugs makes there own decisions.


This the main problem of society...not the drugs but the indifference towards these issues. Although you are not advocating, you are still ok with the idea of legalization. I think it should not be legalized since it is really dangerous to people's health. Even if other people just want to do it for themselves, that makes my future children and loved ones susceptible to the temptation. I dun want that to happen.
13298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 3/11/07
it should be illegal.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.