First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Should marijuana be legalized?
67850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/13/07
if im to agree to criminalized marijuana I would also say they should criminalize alcohol and tabacco. Im against things that can cause harm to people themselves as well as others. But meh... that's an impossibility. So unless alcohol is illegal too ... i dont think marijuana needs to be. If people want to be stupid and use it it should be handled the same way as alcohol because the the effects are similar... despite what a lot people say/think
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

reikiaddict wrote:

Lol like I posted up there....society will never know or stop until something happens. And if something does happen, it will be a blunder that the government allowed this monstrosity. We are certainly not aware than it has no significant good effects and extensive research so far has not shown any definite good or bad findings..just risks, like carcinogens.

But drugs is a "complex" compound and the body has to break it down...thus abuse is not a good idea.

I would definitely laugh at those people who say that drugs is good and harmless to ur health, if ever, God forbid, the drugs make a heavy upheaval in society.


wow I'm amazed at how fast you are reading the links I'm giving you.
read them again.
Nice mini-slippery slope you got there.
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

Meowsa wrote:

if im to agree to criminalized marijuana I would also say they should criminalize alcohol and tabacco. Im against things that can cause harm to people themselves as well as others. But meh... that's an impossibility. So unless alcohol is illegal too ... i dont think marijuana needs to be. If people want to be stupid and use it it should be handled the same way as alcohol because the the effects are similar... despite what a lot people say/think :P


Lol last post then I'm off to somewhere else....if that is your reasoning then...since we americans have bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, they should bombed Pakistan and Iran as well? Just because things have been uncontrolled that doesn't mean that we should lose our right to be indignant and prevent more problems to permeate society.

I just thought of this....alcohol breaks down when you introduce it to heat but still leaving some of the taste behind. That is considered safe.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/07
aww but you were teaching us about vital stuff.
553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / driftin in cybers...
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

willyownka wrote:


Nyne wrote:
people who need marijauna to have a good time are spoiled kids who never found out how to entertain themselves because their parents gave them everything they asked for
(opinion)

Spoiled kid?

I'm hardly a spoiled kid, I'm 18, and i have to pay for a 34 grand college, a car, its fuel and insurance, and plus anything else i want. ALL by myself with no help from my parents.

Yet I think my parents are the best. They are teaching me a life lesson. they could easily help me with my money troubles but don't, and i wont ask them to neither.

Please explain how I am a spoiled kid.

and i know im not the only kid like that, alot of my friends are in the same boat as well as probably alot of other people on this place called earth.

I dont need it to have a good time, its just enhances it and adds a different look on normal plain things.

watching anime is the bomb when your high btw for those who havent done it and are curious.


buddy i said it was opinion the people at my school are the spoiled rich kids i was refering to i appologize
but my judgment is based on the fact that all the rich kids in my school are druggies who take thier parents money to buy drugs
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/07
Vital stuff is your brain, spinal tissues, and other major organs. And I already know weed isn't good for you.
I n areas esp. Atlanta the schools have the worst drug problems. Think. Weed is sold all the time at school by children and that's while it's illegal. If marijuana becomes legal, can you even imagine how much easier it will be for people especially children to get to it. Their parents can buy some legally and achild could smoke it. A chilld can go to a friend's house and smoke weed that has legally been bought. Hell, it's not even that hard to get ahold of alcohol if you try hard enough.

553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / driftin in cybers...
Offline
Posted 3/13/07
^great point
27739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/07
^get information people,read more before you make any statements!
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/thenethe.htm
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

arano wrote:

^get information people,read more before you make any statements!
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/thenethe.htm


To begin with the population of the Netherlands is 16,318,199. The population of the United States is 300,000,000. So I'm telling you right now that if the Netherlands had more people, then the number of violence induced by drugs will be increased.
marijuana withdrawal is usually characterized by insomnia, restlessness, loss of appetite, irritability, anger, increased muscle activity (jerkiness), and aggression after sudden cessation of chronic use as a result of physiological tolerance.

And then I was talking about school children. There are 24,500 children going to school to school in the Netherlands. Altanta, Georgia and metropolitan area alone has over 483,108 students in school out of 5,249,121 people, being the fourth largest growing city in the nation. And schools in Atlanta are overcrowded, poorly managed and drug sales are intense. And this time I looked all of this up!
67850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

reikiaddict wrote:


Meowsa wrote:

if im to agree to criminalized marijuana I would also say they should criminalize alcohol and tabacco. Im against things that can cause harm to people themselves as well as others. But meh... that's an impossibility. So unless alcohol is illegal too ... i dont think marijuana needs to be. If people want to be stupid and use it it should be handled the same way as alcohol because the the effects are similar... despite what a lot people say/think :P


Lol last post then I'm off to somewhere else....if that is your reasoning then...since we americans have bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, they should bombed Pakistan and Iran as well? Just because things have been uncontrolled that doesn't mean that we should lose our right to be indignant and prevent more problems to permeate society.

I just thought of this....alcohol breaks down when you introduce it to heat but still leaving some of the taste behind. That is considered safe.


My reasoning has nothing to do with war... it has to do with the similarities i see between alcohol and marijuana. I don't generalise it to other topics.

For example...Both:
-effect coordination and reaction time
-are causes for depression and anxiety
-can be causes of memory loss
-addictive
-while different types, both cause a wide variety of health problems
-damage brain cells
-are psychoactive drugs

One interesting difference is that apparently you can't overdose on marijuana but you can die from alcohol poisoning funny that the potentially lethal drug is the legal one. You might not agree on my reasoning of treating both the same way, but that's just how i see it. *shrug*
27739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

latanya129 wrote:


arano wrote:

^get information people,read more before you make any statements!
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/thenethe.htm


To begin with the population of the Netherlands is 16,318,199. The population of the United States is 300,000,000. So I'm telling you right now that if the Netherlands had more people, then the number of violence induced by drugs will be increased.
marijuana withdrawal is usually characterized by insomnia, restlessness, loss of appetite, irritability, anger, increased muscle activity (jerkiness), and aggression after sudden cessation of chronic use as a result of physiological tolerance.

And then I was talking about school children. There are 24,500 children going to school to school in the Netherlands. Altanta, Georgia and metropolitan area alone has over 483,108 students in school out of 5,249,121 people, being the fourth largest growing city in the nation. And schools in Atlanta are overcrowded, poorly managed and drug sales are intense. And this time I looked all of this up!


didnt get your point,larger country=more drug abuse!?
4030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Lost in the deepe...
Offline
Posted 3/13/07
I don't really care much either way - it's as accessible now as it would be if it were legal. (not that i use it that much, just speaking from the point of view of people who might) Once i heard a very interesting opinion on why it shouldn't be legal. A friend of mine was saying that if marijuana was legal they'd put outrageous taxes on it like with alcohol and cigarets, which would make it very expensive. Therefore if finding it is equally easy whether it's legal or not, and it would be less expensive to keep it illegal, why not just leave it as it is? Unless you want to reduce the use of marijuana, then definitelly make it legal - first of all it loses some of it's appeal to "rebelious teenagers" and secondly it will be harder for the majority of people who use it now to use it then cause it will be expensive.
5418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

Meowsa wrote:


reikiaddict wrote:


Meowsa wrote:

if im to agree to criminalized marijuana I would also say they should criminalize alcohol and tabacco. Im against things that can cause harm to people themselves as well as others. But meh... that's an impossibility. So unless alcohol is illegal too ... i dont think marijuana needs to be. If people want to be stupid and use it it should be handled the same way as alcohol because the the effects are similar... despite what a lot people say/think :P


Lol last post then I'm off to somewhere else....if that is your reasoning then...since we americans have bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, they should bombed Pakistan and Iran as well? Just because things have been uncontrolled that doesn't mean that we should lose our right to be indignant and prevent more problems to permeate society.

I just thought of this....alcohol breaks down when you introduce it to heat but still leaving some of the taste behind. That is considered safe.


My reasoning has nothing to do with war... it has to do with the similarities i see between alcohol and marijuana. I don't generalise it to other topics.

For example...Both:
-effect coordination and reaction time
-are causes for depression and anxiety
-can be causes of memory loss
-addictive
-while different types, both cause a wide variety of health problems
-damage brain cells
-are psychoactive drugs

One interesting difference is that apparently you can't overdose on marijuana but you can die from alcohol poisoning funny that the potentially lethal drug is the legal one. You might not agree on my reasoning of treating both the same way, but that's just how i see it. *shrug*


Lol I am back...damn...anyways that is sooooo not true. Why are transfat, alcohol, cholesterol, and even the stuff in green tea and red wine branded as a risky and with high contents hazardous? Well I have posted it all over and over and over again. THey contain miscellaneous chemicals that needs to be processed so that they could not harm your system. And who does that? Why...it's the liver. And if Mr. Liver cannot do his job, the chemicals go into the blood which apparently travels throughout your body....including the brain. The same pattern is also evident with kidneys and pancreas. SO......what's the verdict...too much chemicals in your body is HARMFUL.

I had just finished my risk-benefit analysis on drugs and the only benefit that I have is the use for painkillers. Direct risks include: liver problems and carcinogenic introduction. Indirect risks...I took those from the wiki page which Mauz posted and it also included the unknown effect in the brain. Although people try to say that since we have modern research...it has no significant effect on the brain.

That being said...I would like to comment on that. Scientific research does not give a definite answer since the human mind is too shallow to perceive everything. Just look at history for yourselves. Developed ideas kept on being replaced over and over again.
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

arano wrote:


latanya129 wrote:


arano wrote:

^get information people,read more before you make any statements!
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/thenethe.htm


To begin with the population of the Netherlands is 16,318,199. The population of the United States is 300,000,000. So I'm telling you right now that if the Netherlands had more people, then the number of violence induced by drugs will be increased.
marijuana withdrawal is usually characterized by insomnia, restlessness, loss of appetite, irritability, anger, increased muscle activity (jerkiness), and aggression after sudden cessation of chronic use as a result of physiological tolerance.

And then I was talking about school children. There are 24,500 children going to school to school in the Netherlands. Altanta, Georgia and metropolitan area alone has over 483,108 students in school out of 5,249,121 people, being the fourth largest growing city in the nation. And schools in Atlanta are overcrowded, poorly managed and drug sales are intense. And this time I looked all of this up!


didnt get your point,larger country=more drug abuse!?


What I'm saying is this: Even though marijuana is legalized there, the reason why rates are low is because the Netherlands is compared to a country like the U.S. The Netherlands has only a few thousand students, while a city Atlanta has 483,108 . Look at the Homicide rate per 100,000 people, The Netherlands only has 16,318,199 people. The U.S. has 300,000,000. Of course drug violence will be higher in the U.S., because there are more people to abuse drugs. And I'm still talking about underage children's access to legalized drugs in U.S.

67850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/13/07

reikiaddict wrote:


Meowsa wrote:


reikiaddict wrote:


Meowsa wrote:

if im to agree to criminalized marijuana I would also say they should criminalize alcohol and tabacco. Im against things that can cause harm to people themselves as well as others. But meh... that's an impossibility. So unless alcohol is illegal too ... i dont think marijuana needs to be. If people want to be stupid and use it it should be handled the same way as alcohol because the the effects are similar... despite what a lot people say/think :P


Lol last post then I'm off to somewhere else....if that is your reasoning then...since we americans have bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, they should bombed Pakistan and Iran as well? Just because things have been uncontrolled that doesn't mean that we should lose our right to be indignant and prevent more problems to permeate society.

I just thought of this....alcohol breaks down when you introduce it to heat but still leaving some of the taste behind. That is considered safe.


My reasoning has nothing to do with war... it has to do with the similarities i see between alcohol and marijuana. I don't generalise it to other topics.

For example...Both:
-effect coordination and reaction time
-are causes for depression and anxiety
-can be causes of memory loss
-addictive
-while different types, both cause a wide variety of health problems
-damage brain cells
-are psychoactive drugs

One interesting difference is that apparently you can't overdose on marijuana but you can die from alcohol poisoning funny that the potentially lethal drug is the legal one. You might not agree on my reasoning of treating both the same way, but that's just how i see it. *shrug*


Lol I am back...damn...anyways that is sooooo not true. Why are transfat, alcohol, cholesterol, and even the stuff in green tea and red wine branded as a risky and with high contents hazardous? Well I have posted it all over and over and over again. THey contain miscellaneous chemicals that needs to be processed so that they could not harm your system. And who does that? Why...it's the liver. And if Mr. Liver cannot do his job, the chemicals go into the blood which apparently travels throughout your body....including the brain. The same pattern is also evident with kidneys and pancreas. SO......what's the verdict...too much chemicals in your body is HARMFUL.

I had just finished my risk-benefit analysis on drugs and the only benefit that I have is the use for painkillers. Direct risks include: liver problems and carcinogenic introduction. Indirect risks...I took those from the wiki page which Mauz posted and it also included the unknown effect in the brain. Although people try to say that since we have modern research...it has no significant effect on the brain.

That being said...I would like to comment on that. Scientific research does not give a definite answer since the human mind is too shallow to perceive everything. Just look at history for yourselves. Developed ideas kept on being replaced over and over again.


Im not saying that what you say is false but you should take a psychobio class or a neuropsychology class. Im not even sure what you're trying to say actually... but I never said they are exactly the same. There are lots of differences... I just pointed out some of the things that have been shown as similar. That's all.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.