First  Prev  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next  Last
Should marijuana be legalized?
10521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 10/31/10 , edited 10/31/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:

I love how stupid people are, they think if prop 19 passes pot will become legal in California, but thats not true. States don't have the authority to legalize pot, since the federal ban on pot supersedes the states right to legalize it.

Prop 19 is will have no effect even if it passes cause Federal Law > State law. And under Federal Law pot is illegal. So Prop 19 is null and void


What's Prop 19? I thought we were talking of legalising pot in general.




Its a ballot init to legalize pot in cali. Won't have any effect tho even if it passes. Federal Law still outlaws pot.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 10/31/10

Allhailodin wrote:



Its a ballot init to legalize pot in cali. Won't have any effect tho even if it passes. Federal Law still outlaws pot.


Not really of interest to me. Not my country.

Posted 11/3/10
I believe it should be legal for medical purposes only. . . there's people out there suffering with a serious or life threatning conditions and they actually need marijuana to help get through their pain.

2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/13/10
there are other effective medications available. if they have a serious or life threatening condition they need to visit a hospital to get medical attention not smoking pot
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/13/10 , edited 11/13/10

shinto-male wrote:

there are other effective medications available. if they have a serious or life threatening condition they need to visit a hospital to get medical attention not smoking pot


Other medication available is true.. But you find most of them have harmful and most often deadly side effects. Unlike what you find with medical marijuana. Maby you should take the time to look into the concept more before judging this matter.

As a scientist.. I find that their is no logical reason for the illegalization of marijuana in the first place; for medical or industrial uses!
It is this irrational baseless fear of substances without understanding, yet the illogical endorsement of more harmful DRUG's in their place that leaves me to believe that corruption is at foot here, And you my good fellow are falling foolhardily for it without even trying to open your own eyes.. (that is truly irresponsible of you and the rest of the opposing community that do not look into this matter more deeply, and seek out the facts.)

I humbly apologize if I have offended you, but this is my rational observation of your remarks, and others who have little to no understanding of the matter.
2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/13/10

Other medication available is true.. But you find most of them have harmful and most often deadly side effects. Unlike what you find with medical marijuana. Maby you should take the time to look into the concept more before judging this matter.


doctors and pharmacists are trained in the medical field and pharmacists are trained in the pharmacology field, medical drugs undergo religious testings and clinical trials before they are available to the public. to use these drugs you need a prescription from your doctor.


As a scientist.. I find that their is no logical reason for the illegalization of marijuana in the first place; for medical or industrial uses!


if pot is to be legalize for medical uses then it should undergo tests and trails like every medical drugs undergo



It is this irrational baseless fear of substances without understanding, yet the illogical endorsement of more harmful DRUG's in their place that leaves me to believe that corruption is at foot here, And you my good fellow are falling foolhardily for it without even trying to open your own eyes.. (that is truly irresponsible of you and the rest of the opposing community that do not look into this matter more deeply, and seek out the facts.)


this is not about fear of substances this is about stoners and addicts crying legalization in order to legitimize their addictions while hypocritically condemning regular medical drugs which require a prescription . this is all i see in the legalization movement.
Posted 11/13/10
Yes, I think it should be legalized packaged and sold just like tobacco and liquor are. I don't see how marijuana is any more dangerous than scorpion mezcal or even a 6 pack of bud for that matter. The logic of picking a choosing certain drugs over others to outlaw has always seemed ridiculous to me. I also think anyone who abuses their bodies with pot or booze or pills is an idiot but in my opinion they are entitled to the idiocy.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/13/10 , edited 11/13/10

shinto-male wrote:


Other medication available is true.. But you find most of them have harmful and most often deadly side effects. Unlike what you find with medical marijuana. Maby you should take the time to look into the concept more before judging this matter.


doctors and pharmacists are trained in the medical field and pharmacists are trained in the pharmacology field, medical drugs undergo religious testings and clinical trials before they are available to the public. to use these drugs you need a prescription from your doctor.


As a scientist.. I find that their is no logical reason for the illegalization of marijuana in the first place; for medical or industrial uses!


if pot is to be legalize for medical uses then it should undergo tests and trails like every medical drugs undergo



It is this irrational baseless fear of substances without understanding, yet the illogical endorsement of more harmful DRUG's in their place that leaves me to believe that corruption is at foot here, And you my good fellow are falling foolhardily for it without even trying to open your own eyes.. (that is truly irresponsible of you and the rest of the opposing community that do not look into this matter more deeply, and seek out the facts.)


this is not about fear of substances this is about stoners and addicts crying legalization in order to legitimize their addictions while hypocritically condemning regular medical drugs which require a prescription . this is all i see in the legalization movement.




Let me start with...

Its odd you bring this up as well being that more than 80% of the doctors and pharmacists agree that marijuana is a safe alternative to other drugs found on the market, Its not the doctors or scientist preventing its legalization , ("It Is the politicians..... "FACT!")


Odd you should bring this up.. As a matter of fact it has.. And has passed all of the test with flying colors with less bad side affects than any other drug that has past the medical pear review.. don't believe me look it up..!

This is exactly what I was getting at... first you should know that Marijuana is indeed physically non-habit-forming/addictive, unlike other drugs. that are served right over the counter. Wile it is habit forming in the same sense as playing a video game or watching a watching a anime, but no more than that.
Also you can not over does on Marijuana.. Wile in the same time 20 aspirin will kill you.. In reality thousands die each year do too over dosing on aspirin , yet not a single person has ever over does on pot. Look it up. that is the facts..
Your irrational because you do not realize your buying into a stereotype. I happen to know pot heads who are all Bio Engineers, Pot does not have any long term side affects.. That includes long-term memory loss. Those are just false statements from officials who are against legalization of pot.. Usually do to making money off the drug war on pot.. As corrupt and irrational as that is.

11670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / some where heaven...
Offline
Posted 11/14/10
what!!!!...its a medicine for Depression
Posted 11/14/10

libertyX wrote:

what!!!!...its a medicine for Depression
You'll have to be more distinct than just some random entitlement claim that hardly make any sense, as in how can depression be cured by marijuana? When I argued that it doesn't help solve anything in the long run here.
2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/14/10

ts odd you bring this up as well being that more than 80% of the doctors and pharmacists agree that marijuana is a safe alternative to other drugs found on the market, Its not the doctors or scientist preventing its legalization , ("It Is the politicians..... "FACT!")


and where is the evidence of this claim that 80% of doctors and pharmacists agree with this claim that pot is a safe alternative?



Odd you should bring this up.. As a matter of fact it has.. And has passed all of the test with flying colors with less bad side affects than any other drug that has past the medical pear review.. don't believe me look it up..!


no the burden of proof is on you to show proof that they passed these tests you sound like christian fundamentalists who love to ask athiests to prove that god does not exist



This is exactly what I was getting at... first you should know that Marijuana is indeed physically non-habit-forming/addictive, unlike other drugs. that are served right over the counter. Wile it is habit forming in the same sense as playing a video game or watching a watching a anime, but no more than that.



pot is an addictive drug like alcohol and nicotine this is where the pot advocates lose support denying the fact that this drug is addictive.

http://www.addictionsandrecovery.org/marijuana.htm



Also you can not over does on Marijuana.. Wile in the same time 20 aspirin will kill you.. In reality thousands die each year do too over dosing on aspirin , yet not a single person has ever over does on pot. Look it up. that is the facts..


overdose of medications can be prevented



Your irrational because you do not realize your buying into a stereotype. I happen to know pot heads who are all Bio Engineers, Pot does not have any long term side affects.. That includes long-term memory loss. Those are just false statements from officials who are against legalization of pot.. Usually do to making money off the drug war on pot.. As corrupt and irrational as that is.


why is that every pot advocates like to boast about people in professions are regular users of pot and never show any physical evidence for them? and again you deny the fact that Pot have long time side effects:


Other Physiological Effects of Marijuana

In addition to the brain, the side effects of marijuana reach many other parts of the body. Marijuana is filled with hundreds of chemicals, and when it is burned, hundreds of additional compounds are produced. When marijuana is inhaled or ingested in some other form, several short-term effects occur. Some of marijuana's side effects are:

* Problems with memory and learning
* Distorted perception
* Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
* Loss of coordination
* Increased heart rate
* Anxiety, paranoia and panic attacks

The initial effects created by the THC in marijuana wear off after an hour or two, but the chemicals stay in your body for much longer. The terminal half-life of THC is from about 20 hours to 10 days, depending on the amount and potency of the marijuana used. This means that if you take one milligram of THC that has a half-life of 20 hours, you will still have 0.031 mg of THC in your body more than four days later. The longer the half-life, the longer the THC lingers in your body.

The debate over the addictive capacity of marijuana continues. Ongoing studies now show a number of possible symptoms associated with the cessation of marijuana use. These symptoms most commonly include irritability, nervousness, depression, anxiety and even anger. Other symptoms are restlessness, severe changes in appetite, violent outbursts, interrupted sleep or insomnia. In addition to these possible physical effects, psychological dependence usually develops because a person's mind craves the high that it gets when using the drug.

Beyond these effects that marijuana has, marijuana smokers are susceptible to the same health problems as tobacco smokers, such as bronchitis, emphysema and bronchial asthma. Other effects include dry mouth, red eyes, impaired motor skills and impaired concentration. Long-term use of the drug can increase the risk of damaging the lungs and reproductive system, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). It has also been linked to heart attacks.

­­Although marijuana is known to have negative effects on the human body, there is a raging debate over the use of medicinal marijuana. Some say that marijuana should be legalized for medical use because it has been known to suppress nausea, relieve eye pressure, decrease muscle spasms, stimulate appetite, stop convulsions and eliminate menstrual pain. Because of its therapeutic nature, marijuana has been used in the treatment of several conditions including: cancer and AIDS (to supress nausea and stimulate appetite), glaucoma (to alleviate eye pressure), epilepsy (to stop convulsions) and multiple sclerosis (to decrease muscle spasms).

Others believe the negative effects of marijuana usage outweigh the positive. There are currently nine U.S. states that have legalized marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/drugs-alcohol/marijuana4.htm
Posted 1/13/11

superluccix wrote:



I know this is probably a waste of your time at looking at your Notifications. But after reading your posts about this subject. I felt that a "Im impressed with your responses" was in order. Been a real long time since I have seen such well thought out responses

And now back to my own thoughts.

How can one say that smoking weed is for people who are "Weak-willed" or something along those lines? Tell me how someone smoking weed during their own free time is different from someone who plays video games? Someone who reads a book? Someone who plays on the Internet? Each situation is a person doing what they want to do to their own free time. Am I going to learn anything when I smoke a joint? Probably not. If I read a book? Sure I probably will. But am I supposed to have to be learning things during my own free time? I dont think so.

I think its obvious jobs wouldnt allow people who are high to work. Thats not an issue.

The biggest arguement I hear for the Anti-Legalization of marijuana is this. "Why do we want to add another problem to society?" First off, thats the whole reason to this debate. Its obviously already a problem so we are trying to come with a new solution. Will there be more accidents related to intoxication from weed? You bet your ass there will. But does that mean we should stop it? Hell no. Every rule or law made will be broken by people. This will always be the case.

I think the only plausible way for Anti-Legalization people to get away from their pride is to list the positives and negatives of every single thing, and then come to a conclusion on which has more positive weight than negative weight

Im kinda going to be restating what I originally said a couple pages back, but Ill try to shorten it

First off there should be NO DOUBT that if you have 2 of the exact same people (Clones if you will), and had 1 high and 1 drunk, and put them in any sort of place in the world, the results would be that the person who was drunk would be a bigger threat to society then the person who was high. There would NEVER be a case where the person who was high would be a bigger threat then a drunk person. THIS IS FACT! There needs to be no type of report on this. If you have seen people who are high and people who are drunk, you will know.

Ok but that fact alone cant possibly be enough to sway people. .

Ah shit I gotta go (Dads Birthday), Ill edit this post later. But I have just 1 word to say to any Anti-Legalization people. PROHIBITION. See if you can make a comeback to take down this GIGANTIC wall of Pro-Legalization reasoning
Can you freely choose how you want to feel with your emotional faculty? No? Then your concept of freedom does not exist, when you can't freely feel whatever that you wanted to feel even in your own "free time".

And as for your regulation? It creates a market for counterfeit substance abuse, aka "fake pot":

Some tobacco store proprietors say state and federal crackdowns won't do much to stop them from selling new varieties of fake pot once manufacturers tinker with the recipe.

"There's 200 different ingredients," said Jim Carlson, owner of The Last Place on Earth, a tobacco novelty shop in downtown Duluth, Minn. "With the DEA banning five of them, it's basically like walking into a liquor store and saying, 'You can't sell rum or vodka anymore,' but you still have shelves full of gin and whiskey. All they're doing is just making us switch a product to a different ingredient."(citation)
That's straight from the mouth of pro-legalization of tobacco industry.
45073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/13/11


Who says I need to be able to be in touch with my emotions 24/7 to feel free? If Im playing a video game, I sure as hell aint thinking about certain types of emotions.

And you can still feel emotions during intoxication.

And you can link something that says 1 thing...and I can link another thing. Also, I doubt people are going to want to be buying pot from Drug Dealers when they can buy at a Dispensary
Posted 1/13/11

superluccix wrote:



Who says I need to be able to be in touch with my emotions 24/7 to feel free? If Im playing a video game, I sure as hell aint thinking about certain types of emotions.

And you can still feel emotions during intoxication.

And you can link something that says 1 thing...and I can link another thing. Also, I doubt people are going to want to be buying pot from Drug Dealers when they can buy at a Dispensary
It's a fact that you can't have certain emotional respond when you're stoned, It's also a fact that you can't rationally choose how you want to feel when you're sobered. So your concept of freedom doesn't exist, when the reality is that you have no free choice nor control over your feelings in either state of mind. Finally counterfeit marijuana are more potent yet cheaper than the real thing, which BTW only naturally grown marijuana would be legally regulated with prop. 19, so your argument is moot.
45073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/13/11


Freedom is freedom no matter how you put it. I can still retain enough emotions or thoughts necessary to do this. When I play a video game, I dont need to have 100% control to play a game.

You saying I need to be in control in order to have freedom is BS. If Im asleep, I obviously dont know when Im asleep, and I obviously cant control what happens there.

It matters not what state of mind Im in, freedom exists everywhere it exists
First  Prev  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.