Remove this ad
First  Prev  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  Next  Last
Should marijuana be legalized?
13262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 12/16/11

DomFortress wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:



You're going off on a complete tangent.
I disagree, when you didn't identify just exactly what and how I've gone "complete tangent". Therefore you're making a baseless claim without factual evidence to prove it.


z3i2o_d3p7h wrote:

Well anything these days can be considered an addiction whether its marijuana, heroin, food, alcohol, or shopping. But when i say physically addictive..withdrawal and tolerance. Yah there is a physical tolerance with marijuana, but you dont see a consistent marijuana smoker shaking in his bed and sweating from withdrawal when they don't have their fix. While xanax is a legal prescription that is probably a lot stronger than alcohol and its withdrawal effects can cause death. All im trying to say is theres no logic in making marijuana illegal, when there are other legal substances that are a lot more dangerous that should be illegal. I just dont think anyone should get in trouble for possessing marijuana. Like why should someone not be able to get a job just because they smoke marijuana? I'd say, let the smokers smoke.
When you address my reply to your comment, learn to use the quote function in order to establish coherence, if you're not stone enough to care less. That being said:

1)Behavior addiction can be more dangerous to individuals over the long run, because it prevents them from making sound decisions.

How do drugs work in the brain to produce pleasure?
Most drugs of abuse directly or indirectly target the brain's reward system by flooding the circuit with dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter present in regions of the brain that regulate movement, emotion, cognition, motivation, and feelings of pleasure. The overstimulation of this system, which rewards our natural behaviors, produces the euphoric effects sought by people who abuse drugs and teaches them to repeat the behavior.(citation)

Marijuana is the odd drug out. To the early researchers, it did not look like it should be addictive. Nevertheless, for some people, it is. Recently, a group of Italian researchers succeeded in demonstrating that THC releases dopamine along the reward pathway, like all other drugs of abuse. Some of the mystery of cannabis had been resolved by the end of the 1990s, after researchers had demonstrated that marijuana definitely increased dopamine activity in the ventral tegmental area. Some of the effects of pot are produced the old-fashioned way after all--through alterations along the limbic reward pathway.(citation)

I saw Robin Williams recently talk about how he thought he was much funnier when he was doing cocaine, when he had that issue, than now. So perhaps more dopamine is related to more creativity. Dopamine, I think, changes our signal-to-noise ratio. That is, how accurate we are in finding patterns. If it's too low, you're more likely to make too many Type II errors. You miss the real patterns. You don't want to be too skeptical. If you're too skeptical, you'll miss the really interesting good ideas. Just right, you're creative, and yet you don't fall for too much baloney. Too high and maybe you see patterns everywhere. Every time somebody looks at you, you think people are staring at you. You think people are talking about you. And if you go too far on that, that's just simply labeled as madness. It's a distinction perhaps we might make between two Nobel laureates, Richard Feynman and John Nash. One sees maybe just the right number of patterns to win a Nobel Prize. The other one also, but maybe too many patterns. And we then call that schizophrenia.
---- from "Michael Shermer: The pattern behind self-deception"

2)Just because there are legalized dangerous substances, that's no excuse for legalizing other less dangerous substances. Two wrongs don't make a right, to believe otherwise is a logic fallacy.

3)This is about legalizing marijuana consumption for recreation purpose, not private possession.You'll need a separate business license to grow and possess large amount of marijuana other than individuals consumption. Get with the program.

4)THC can remain within an individual's body for a long time. Since all businesses won't risk the consequence of hiring workers who can't make sound decision, They'll fire them in order to protect their own bottom-line. In the world of amoral business ethic, people are expendable, when the corporations are arbitrary "legal persons". That means they have every rights to reject workers that will cause them to loose profits.

How Long Can Marijuana Be Detected?
Some THC metabolites have an elimination half-life of 20 hours. However, some are stored in body fat and have a elimination half-life of 10 to 13 days. Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days.

However, there is anecdotal evidence that the length of time that marijuana remains in the body is affected by how often the person smokes, how much he smokes and how long he has been smoking. Regular smokers have reported positive drug test results after 45 days since last use and heavy smokers have reported positive tests 90 days after quitting.(citation)



Syndicaidramon wrote:



1) Of course.

2) Legalization does not eliminate substance abuse, that is true. Nor does it remove the black market entirely.
However, when you look at countries like Netherlands, where all substance is legal, drug related crimes are far lower than in countries where most of these substances are illegal. Like in the US. Which is the same case as was with the mafia and the prohibition of alcohol during the 1920's US. Though surely you already know that.

And while the black market is not gone, even for the things that are legal, it's still dramaticly reduced.
Because as far as I know, the vast majority of people buy their booze and cigarettes in the stores, not in the back alleys.

3) True. But that is a thing that varies from country to country.
1)That makes all the difference, when you didn't provide sufficient justification with categorical reasoning, on why marijuana as a medicine should be used for recreational purpose. As in to "refreshment of strength and spirits after work; also : a means of refreshment or diversion : hobby"(citation). Unless these recreational drug users aren't healthy, when the fact is they are mentally sick, because they can't refresh themselves without their dependence on psychoactive drug.

2)Crime rate on illegal drug use dropped because the human laws normalized drug dependency. Just like how Japanese rape crime is low because its business laws normalizes rape, so could legalization of psychoactive drug dependency normalize the surrendering of human dignity for profit. Just ask Islam with the legalization of slavery, and the Western colonists with the "Opium War".

3)Doesn't matter, considering how the Norges Bank being Norway's central bank is a privatized for-profit organization, just like the US Federal Reserves. The fact that it serves to adjust the interest rate just like how the US central bank does, means that it operates on the same exponential growth function just like every other banks does. Which means all fiat currencies throughout the world will suffer from hyperinflation due to compounding.


what you're talking about is whether whatever we choose to do is free choice or not. That's a philosophical question, not a political one.
Posted 12/16/11 , edited 12/16/11

LemonyPanda wrote:



what you're talking about is whether whatever we choose to do is free choice or not. That's a philosophical question, not a political one.
OBJECTION!


Why are you ignoring the historical facts that insofar, your "political" reason for the legalization of recreational marijuana, as in "who are we to tell full grown adults what they can or can't do? In the end its all free choice and whatever you has its own consequences", was actually derived from the classic libertarian school of "philosophical" ethics on freedom to choose?

Moreover, my counterargument against the "freedom to choose" was based on Kantian deontological supreme principle of moral imperative. Which requires me to form my categorical statement(not the libertarian hypothetical claim of individual self-interest) based on an universal law without exception, hence why I must cite the latest knowledge about predictable human irrationalities based on the science of behavior economics.
32030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / chicago
Offline
Posted 12/16/11
The debate over legalization marijuana will never come to an end as you can see from the past posts. There will always be some sort of counter argument whether it really pertains to the subject or not. I believe the reason most people are against marijuana is not because of its lack of medical uses but because they think it is morally wrong. Marijuana has grown to be a huge counter culture and it's only going to get bigger. So people who are against it should just get over it. I'm sure some other post is gonna be posted quoting this and going off on some tangent that doesn't even matter.



Posted 12/16/11

z3i2o_d3p7h wrote:

The debate over legalization marijuana will never come to an end as you can see from the past posts. There will always be some sort of counter argument whether it really pertains to the subject or not. I believe the reason most people are against marijuana is not because of its lack of medical uses but because they think it is morally wrong. Marijuana has grown to be a huge counter culture and it's only going to get bigger. So people who are against it should just get over it. I'm sure some other post is gonna be posted quoting this and going off on some tangent that doesn't even matter.
OBJECTION!

1)it can end as soon as the psychoactive drug users learn to let go of their dependence on drugs.

2)that's fatalistic excuse. Not sufficient justification for normalizing the cultural practice of surrendering human dignity for the dependency of psychoactive drugs through legislation.
6138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / NORTH VA
Offline
Posted 12/17/11

DomFortress wrote:


z3i2o_d3p7h wrote:

The debate over legalization marijuana will never come to an end as you can see from the past posts. There will always be some sort of counter argument whether it really pertains to the subject or not. I believe the reason most people are against marijuana is not because of its lack of medical uses but because they think it is morally wrong. Marijuana has grown to be a huge counter culture and it's only going to get bigger. So people who are against it should just get over it. I'm sure some other post is gonna be posted quoting this and going off on some tangent that doesn't even matter.
OBJECTION!

1)it can end as soon as the psychoactive drug users learn to let go of their dependence on drugs.

2)that's fatalistic excuse. Not sufficient justification for normalizing the cultural practice of surrendering human dignity for the dependency of psychoactive drugs through legislation.


1. People get addicted to all sorts of things. Should we ban all Big Macs because a few people get addicted to it? No.

2. How is smoking weed surrendering human dignity? I work, go to school and pay rent, the left over i have goes to weed and interests, if my budget allows it. Weed is not physically addictive, i guess its mentally addicting but so is anime am i right? Not only that but weed is ingrained into our culture. Marijuana has been smoked since 2737 B.C in China. Even the declaration of independence was written in hemp.
Posted 12/17/11

bigpapapurpz wrote:



1. People get addicted to all sorts of things. Should we ban all Big Macs because a few people get addicted to it? No.

2. How is smoking weed surrendering human dignity? I work, go to school and pay rent, the left over i have goes to weed and interests, if my budget allows it. Weed is not physically addictive, i guess its mentally addicting but so is anime am i right? Not only that but weed is ingrained into our culture. Marijuana has been smoked since 2737 B.C in China. Even the declaration of independence was written in hemp.
OBJECTION!

1)Behavior addiction can be more dangerous to individuals over the long run, because it prevents them from making sound decisions for as long as their brains are depended on the reward system.

How do drugs work in the brain to produce pleasure?
Most drugs of abuse directly or indirectly target the brain's reward system by flooding the circuit with dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter present in regions of the brain that regulate movement, emotion, cognition, motivation, and feelings of pleasure. The overstimulation of this system, which rewards our natural behaviors, produces the euphoric effects sought by people who abuse drugs and teaches them to repeat the behavior.(citation)

Marijuana is the odd drug out. To the early researchers, it did not look like it should be addictive. Nevertheless, for some people, it is. Recently, a group of Italian researchers succeeded in demonstrating that THC releases dopamine along the reward pathway, like all other drugs of abuse. Some of the mystery of cannabis had been resolved by the end of the 1990s, after researchers had demonstrated that marijuana definitely increased dopamine activity in the ventral tegmental area. Some of the effects of pot are produced the old-fashioned way after all--through alterations along the limbic reward pathway.(citation)

I saw Robin Williams recently talk about how he thought he was much funnier when he was doing cocaine, when he had that issue, than now. So perhaps more dopamine is related to more creativity. Dopamine, I think, changes our signal-to-noise ratio. That is, how accurate we are in finding patterns. If it's too low, you're more likely to make too many Type II errors. You miss the real patterns. You don't want to be too skeptical. If you're too skeptical, you'll miss the really interesting good ideas. Just right, you're creative, and yet you don't fall for too much baloney. Too high and maybe you see patterns everywhere. Every time somebody looks at you, you think people are staring at you. You think people are talking about you. And if you go too far on that, that's just simply labeled as madness. It's a distinction perhaps we might make between two Nobel laureates, Richard Feynman and John Nash. One sees maybe just the right number of patterns to win a Nobel Prize. The other one also, but maybe too many patterns. And we then call that schizophrenia.
---- from "Michael Shermer: The pattern behind self-deception"

Also, OBJECTION!

2)Your civil duties as a national citizen has nothing to do with the concept of universal human dignity as "every human being should be acknowledged as an inherently valuable member of the human community and as a unique expression of life, with an integrated bodily and spiritual nature"(citation).

Drug addiction can prevent addicts from making sound decisions. Are you so desperately wanting to offend anime fans by claiming them as "addicts" for no good reason? At least they know why they don't like certain anime among themselves, pot heads OTOH will just like all anime, good and bad. All the while they'll have the "munchies".

Finally, get your facts straight about the historical role of hemp in Chinese culture. You liar.
404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/11 , edited 12/17/11
@DomFortress, no records does not imply that they didn't. And 'seems' sounds so astonishingly convincing and 100% sure.
Is a floppy argument, too floppy to excuse your 'liar' attack.
Posted 12/17/11 , edited 12/17/11

nanuq wrote:

@DomFortress, no records does not imply that they didn't. And 'seems' sounds so astonishingly convincing and 100% sure.
Is a floppy argument, too floppy to excuse your 'liar' attack.
OBJECTION!(how I love this app)

Ambiguity and uncertainty due to lack of evidence isn't enough to establish reasonable doubt, it just is what it is. Anything that claims to be true without evidence can also be disproved without evidence, that is the elegance known as Ockham's razor.

bigpapapurpz had claimed here that "Marijuana has been smoked since 2737 B.C in China", but he failed at providing sufficient evidence to prove his claim. Which is why I called him a liar, when I have historical evidence to prove my claim that it didn't.

Finally, the only record I've found on Chinese herbal medication of marijuana, based on the Chinese language of "大麻,三絲苗,胡麻,野麻,火麻黃麻", is used for curing digestive diseases.(citation). Not as psychoactive drug. Although The Chinese ethnicity has a relatively impressive 4000+ years of written history, most of its population were hopelessly illiterate before the integration of mandatory public education. Just like how the Western nations were.
6138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / NORTH VA
Offline
Posted 12/18/11 , edited 12/18/11

DomFortress wrote:


nanuq wrote:

@DomFortress, no records does not imply that they didn't. And 'seems' sounds so astonishingly convincing and 100% sure.
Is a floppy argument, too floppy to excuse your 'liar' attack.
OBJECTION!(how I love this app)

Ambiguity and uncertainty due to lack of evidence isn't enough to establish reasonable doubt, it just is what it is. Anything that claims to be true without evidence can also be disproved without evidence, that is the elegance known as Ockham's razor.

bigpapapurpz had claimed here that "Marijuana has been smoked since 2737 B.C in China", but he failed at providing sufficient evidence to prove his claim. Which is why I called him a liar, when I have historical evidence to prove my claim that it didn't.

Finally, the only record I've found on Chinese herbal medication of marijuana, based on the Chinese language of "大麻,三絲苗,胡麻,野麻,火麻黃麻", is used for curing digestive diseases.(citation). Not as psychoactive drug. Although The Chinese ethnicity has a relatively impressive 4000+ years of written history, most of its population were hopelessly illiterate before the integration of mandatory public education. Just like how the Western nations were.



Here is the Proof. U should refrain calling someone a liar without proper research... http://www.thestar.com/article/544684

LMAO u know nothing. u see people that watch anime get a rep as a "geek,nerd etc.." but it is not true. Just because u dont understand it u attack it,or demonize it. Weed is not like other Synthetic drugs like cocaine, Meth, and other actual addictive drugs. It does not inhibit ur decision making at all, it is nothing like alcohol. It causes no death! even aspirins kill more people than weed!! http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#Adverse_Events Not all pothead are losers that have munchies all the time. that is just generalization on your part. it really is like saying all anime fans are nerd, which is absolutely not true! I use to think weed was bad until i actually tried it for myself. I learned almost all the negative myths about weed are wrong. We should not be causing crime by making it illegal, the fact that it is illegal is way worse if u think about it. Drug Cartels make a huge portion of their profits from weed. if it was legal all that would stop, it would crush their business!
Posted 12/18/11 , edited 12/18/11

bigpapapurpz wrote:




Here is the Proof. U should refrain calling someone a liar without proper research... http://www.thestar.com/article/544684

LMAO u know nothing. u see people that watch anime get a rep as a "geek,nerd etc.." but it is not true. Just because u dont understand it u attack it,or demonize it. Weed is not like other Synthetic drugs like cocaine, Meth, and other actual addictive drugs. It does not inhibit ur decision making at all, it is nothing like alcohol. It causes no death! even aspirins kill more people than weed!! http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#Adverse_Events Not all pothead are losers that have munchies all the time. that is just generalization on your part. it really is like saying all anime fans are nerd, which is absolutely not true! I use to think weed was bad until i actually tried it for myself. I learned almost all the negative myths about weed are wrong. We should not be causing crime by making it illegal, the fact that it is illegal is way worse if u think about it. Drug Cartels make a huge portion of their profits from weed. if it was legal all that would stop, it would crush their business!
OBJECTION!

This is from your own source.

The 789 grams of dried cannabis was buried alongside a light-haired, blue-eyed Caucasian man, likely a shaman of the Gushi culture, near Turpan in northwestern China.

.... Researchers also could not determine whether the cannabis was smoked or ingested, as there were no pipes or other clues in the tomb of the shaman, who was about 45 years old.
---- from "2,700-year-old marijuana found in Chinese tomb"
Turpan first became a part of the Tang Dynasty in 640 D.C, under the ruling of a remote outpost called Protectorate General to Pacify the West/安西都護府(citation). And before that it was a part of Mongolia.

Let's look at what you claimed here that "Marijuana has been smoked since 2737 B.C in China". Well here are three evidences to prove that you lied, all based on your own source:
1)Turpan couldn't be a part of Chinese ethnic culture 2700 years ago, when it wasn't subjected under Chinese Imperial jurisdiction until 640 D.C. Which is only 1352 years ago before the said discovery took place in 2008.

2)There were no pipes found to suggest that the marijuana was meant for smoking.

3)Since the discovery was made in 2008 D.C, 2700 minus 2008 only gives us 692 B.C. Not 2737 B.C.

THC in marijuana can inhibit decision-making process. And here's how.

Marijuana is the odd drug out. To the early researchers, it did not look like it should be addictive. Nevertheless, for some people, it is. Recently, a group of Italian researchers succeeded in demonstrating that THC releases dopamine along the reward pathway, like all other drugs of abuse. Some of the mystery of cannabis had been resolved by the end of the 1990s, after researchers had demonstrated that marijuana definitely increased dopamine activity in the ventral tegmental area. Some of the effects of pot are produced the old-fashioned way after all--through alterations along the limbic reward pathway.(citation)

I saw Robin Williams recently talk about how he thought he was much funnier when he was doing cocaine, when he had that issue, than now. So perhaps more dopamine is related to more creativity. Dopamine, I think, changes our signal-to-noise ratio. That is, how accurate we are in finding patterns. If it's too low, you're more likely to make too many Type II errors. You miss the real patterns. You don't want to be too skeptical. If you're too skeptical, you'll miss the really interesting good ideas. Just right, you're creative, and yet you don't fall for too much baloney. Too high and maybe you see patterns everywhere. Every time somebody looks at you, you think people are staring at you. You think people are talking about you. And if you go too far on that, that's just simply labeled as madness. It's a distinction perhaps we might make between two Nobel laureates, Richard Feynman and John Nash. One sees maybe just the right number of patterns to win a Nobel Prize. The other one also, but maybe too many patterns. And we then call that schizophrenia.
---- from "Michael Shermer: The pattern behind self-deception"

BTW, you're the one who went on tangent to claim that watching anime as some sorta behavioral addiction. I OTOH was actually disagreeing your claim.

Finally, criminal organizations make far more with crack cocaine. Not marijuana.

Now, you had a lot of power, and you got to beat people up -- you got a lot of prestige, a lot of respect. But there was no money in it, OK? The gang had no way to make money. And you couldn't charge dues to the people in the gang, because the people in the gang didn't have any money. You couldn't really make any money selling marijuana. Marijuana's too cheap, it turns out. You can't get rich selling marijuana. You couldn't sell cocaine. You know, cocaine's a great product -- powdered cocaine -- but you've got to know rich white people. And most of the inner-city gang members didn't know any rich white people -- they couldn't sell to that market. You couldn't really do petty crime, either. It turns out, petty crime's a terrible way to make a living.

So, as a result, as a gang leader, you had, you know, power -- it's a pretty good life -- but the thing was, in the end, you were living at home with your mother. And so it wasn't really a career. It was something that -- it's just there were limits to how powerful and important you could be if you had to live at home with your mother.

Then along comes crack cocaine. And in the words of Malcolm Gladwell, crack cocaine was the extra-chunky version of tomato sauce for the inner city. Because crack cocaine was an unbelievable innovation. I don't have time to talk about it today. But if you think about it, I would say that in the last twenty-five years, of every invention or innovation that's occurred in this country, the biggest one, in terms of impact on the well-being of people who live in the inner city, was crack cocaine. And for the worse -- not for the better, but for the worse. It had a huge impact on life.

So what was it about crack cocaine? It was a brilliant way of getting the brain high. Because you could smoke crack cocaine -- you can't smoke powdered cocaine -- and smoking is a much more efficient mechanism at delivering a high than is snorting it. And it turned out, there was this audience that didn't know it wanted crack cocaine, but, when it came, it really did. And it was a perfect drug. You could sell for -- buy the cocaine that went into it for a dollar, sell it for five dollars. Highly addictive -- the high was very short. So for fifteen minutes, you get this great high. And then, when you come down, all you want to do is get high again.

It created a wonderful market. And for the people who were there running the gang, it was a great way, seemingly, to make a lot of money. At least for the people in the top.

---- from "Steven Levitt analyzes crack economics"
Therefore if the government was serious about crushing the psychoactive drug business, marijuana just couldn't do it because it's just too insignificant.
6138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / NORTH VA
Offline
Posted 12/18/11
lmao ur so brainwashed i dont have a lot of time so ill make this short. Eating release dopamine which in turn causes people to over eat. does that mean we should ban all fatty foods? plz answer this honestly. second the whole chinese things is irrelevent i was just pointing out it has been smoked for centuries. And you wrong about the drug cartel thing. many cartels wouldnt exist if not for weed heres the proof http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/06/AR2009100603847.html Also what u post is from ur own source so i dont see what ur trying to say... Also the thing u posted about robin williams is cocaine not weed please get it right!! Also THC DOES NOT INHIBIT DECISION!!!! how do i know this? first hand experience! ive been smoking for about 4 years now. i have friends that have for waaayy long and im talking 10+ years of daily use. NONE of them have any sort of criminal troubles and all of them have good paying jobs and their own house. Im willing to bet my last dollar that u have not ever even tried it am i right?? Also about the anime. i know people that watch TOO MUCH of it. Also i was pointing out the common misconceptions about anime and weed. Weed might affect certain people negatively just like food or anything really. once again u know NOTHING! the only thing you know is what you "found" on the internet.
Posted 12/18/11 , edited 12/18/11

bigpapapurpz wrote:

lmao ur so brainwashed i dont have a lot of time so ill make this short. Eating release dopamine which in turn causes people to over eat. does that mean we should ban all fatty foods? plz answer this honestly. second the whole chinese things is irrelevent i was just pointing out it has been smoked for centuries. And you wrong about the drug cartel thing. many cartels wouldnt exist if not for weed heres the proof http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/06/AR2009100603847.html Also what u post is from ur own source so i dont see what ur trying to say... Also the thing u posted about robin williams is cocaine not weed please get it right!! Also THC DOES NOT INHIBIT DECISION!!!! how do i know this? first hand experience! ive been smoking for about 4 years now. i have friends that have for waaayy long and im talking 10+ years of daily use. NONE of them have any sort of criminal troubles and all of them have good paying jobs and their own house. Im willing to bet my last dollar that u have not ever even tried it am i right?? Also about the anime. i know people that watch TOO MUCH of it. Also i was pointing out the common misconceptions about anime and weed. Weed might affect certain people negatively just like food or anything really. once again u know NOTHING! the only thing you know is what you "found" on the internet.
OBJECTION!

Banning fatty food is irrelevant to legalization of marijuana for recreational consumption. Stop going on tangent with your red herrings fallacy.

Your baseless claim on THC and anecdote reporting about your pothead friends proved nothing. Other than the fact that according to your own claim, all of you have psychoactive drug dependency on marijuana. And it's making you believe that you know everything that's beyond the known physical world. Hence why the Gushi culture established marijuana consumption, in order to aid the shamans in their vision quest.
Posted 12/18/11 , edited 12/18/11

bigpapapurpz wrote:



How is it baseless? its first hand experience. and your saying im dependent of it? go fuck urself. i stopped a whole year cold turkey with absolutley no problem and could easily stop now. Smoking weed doesnt make u hallucinate so im not sure how shamans had "vision quest" u pissed me off. i hate condescending assholes like u. People that dont watch anime think is childish and stupid. People that dont smoke think pothead are addicts and always have the "munchies" in both cases people are uninformed. You assume all pothead are addicts which is sooooo stupid!

And as far as all that red herring bullshit idk and im not gonna waste my time right now on that. i am simply comparing two things. weed and food
both bad in excess and both harmless in moderation. 1. Total death from weed= 0. 2. Total death from obesity= 300,000
Instead of worrying about weed and spending billions on it why not use that money to help fight obesity?
You went back to that habit after a year, that's hardly yourself gone completely "cold turkey". Your lack of willpower on your marijuana consumption proves that you suffered a relapse of your dependency on weed; a conditioning that you don't really need in order for yourself to survive, unlike food. Especially considering the fact of how you just threw out a verbal tantrum in you last statement, suggest that you have an emotional attachment on weed consumption, borderline on obsession.
6138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / NORTH VA
Offline
Posted 12/18/11 , edited 12/18/11
I dont like being called an addict so ya whatever . and the reason i went back was because i was bored! if u have ever smoked then u would know smoking weed is as fun as going to a amusement park, so why wouldnt you? (safer to!) Also how does not smoking for a year show that i have no willpower? if anything it shows i can start and stop whenever. IF I HAD A REASON TO STOP I WOULD STOP!! u see there is a difference between fondness and addiction. i like weed but in no way addicted to it. U r right when u say its unnecessary. but spending billions and sending citizens to jail for it, is many times more unnecessary!! People should have the choice since it honestly not that bad. (way better than tobacco and alcohol) like i said a while back. we should learn from our past just look at the prohibition era.

I really hope u understand that if i had a good reason to stop i would without a hint of hesitation.
Posted 12/19/11

bigpapapurpz wrote:

I dont like being called an addict so ya whatever . and the reason i went back was because i was bored! if u have ever smoked then u would know smoking weed is as fun as going to a amusement park, so why wouldnt you? (safer to!) Also how does not smoking for a year show that i have no willpower? if anything it shows i can start and stop whenever. IF I HAD A REASON TO STOP I WOULD STOP!! u see there is a difference between fondness and addiction. i like weed but in no way addicted to it. U r right when u say its unnecessary. but spending billions and sending citizens to jail for it, is many times more unnecessary!! People should have the choice since it honestly not that bad. (way better than tobacco and alcohol) like i said a while back. we should learn from our past just look at the prohibition era.

I really hope u understand that if i had a good reason to stop i would without a hint of hesitation.
OBJECTION!

You wanna talk about the history of legalization? OK, how about the reality of legalizing harmful substance consumption with moderation, can only normalize the business practice of surrendering human dignity for short term profit gain.

Just look at how pathetic you're pleading for a behavior that you agree it's both harmful and unnecessary, while you don't want to be in jail for the said behavioral addiction. You have no dignity whenever you're playing the role of a victim.
First  Prev  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.