First  Prev  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  Next  Last
Should marijuana be legalized?
Posted 12/25/11
I think it eventually will be in the US, but not in my lifetime.

And yes, I think it should be legalized.
3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 12/31/11

_SupaDupa_ wrote:

I think it eventually will be in the US, but not in my lifetime.

And yes, I think it should be legalized.


Dude, you're 23!
Surely, you haven't lost THAT much faith in humanity?
Posted 1/6/12
I think crime would go down if drugs were legal, not saying they should be legal but yeah.

Posted 1/7/12 , edited 1/7/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:


_SupaDupa_ wrote:

I think it eventually will be in the US, but not in my lifetime.

And yes, I think it should be legalized.


Dude, you're 23!
Surely, you haven't lost THAT much faith in humanity?


Of course not, I just think stuff like this takes time,

I live in FL which is a "transport state" so if it does happened, we'll be late on the movement.
10264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/10/12
Cannabis being legalized?

Nope.
3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/10/12

PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

Cannabis being legalized?

Nope.


May I ask why not?
10264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/10/12 , edited 1/10/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:


PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

Cannabis being legalized?

Nope.


May I ask why not?


Because I don't like the smell of smoking around every corner.

.. And, uhr. It's a drug.

3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/10/12 , edited 1/10/12

PepperKillsPepsi wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:


PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

Cannabis being legalized?

Nope.


May I ask why not?


Because I don't like the smell of smoking around every corner.

.. And, uhr. It's a drug.



So is ritalin. Should we ban ritalin?
And alcohol, tobacco and caffeine are all drugs too. Should we ban all that? And painkillers and sleeping pills?

And honestly, even if cannabis gets legalized, you won't find people smoking it on every corner. You don't smoke like 30 joints a day, you smoke maybe one or two, or perhaps three, if you're hardcore. Most regular smokers doesn't even smoke every day.
And unless it's for medicinal reasons, you won't be able to smoke it during work or school hours either, and probably not in public places, just like with drinking. Unless you're in a bar or something...
10264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/11/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:


PepperKillsPepsi wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:


PepperKillsPepsi wrote:

Cannabis being legalized?

Nope.


May I ask why not?


Because I don't like the smell of smoking around every corner.

.. And, uhr. It's a drug.



So is ritalin. Should we ban ritalin?
And alcohol, tobacco and caffeine are all drugs too. Should we ban all that? And painkillers and sleeping pills?

And honestly, even if cannabis gets legalized, you won't find people smoking it on every corner. You don't smoke like 30 joints a day, you smoke maybe one or two, or perhaps three, if you're hardcore. Most regular smokers doesn't even smoke every day.
And unless it's for medicinal reasons, you won't be able to smoke it during work or school hours either, and probably not in public places, just like with drinking. Unless you're in a bar or something...


I dunno, I just dislike smoking. My first comment was more towards the government ever legalizing it.. it just wouldn't happen.
3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/11/12
There's plenty things I don't like as well, both legal and illegal. But me not liking it, doesn't mean I think it should be made illegal or stay illegal...
110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 1/11/12
"I hate potheads who front like they don't blaze it
Your body needs Mary Jane nigga, it craves it
I welcome Mary Jane, she doesn't violate
Inhale, exhale, feel the vi-b-ra-tion" - Hodgy

The feeling of having a devil in your chest when you inhale more cess <3

Don't get me wrong. I want it to stay illegal. My reasons are simple. People that smoke too much get lazy, tired quite often and boring. No fun to hang out with when they are to slow to follow. Don't even want to do anything but stay home and smoke some more. Doing it once in a while is fine by me. Doing it everyday or more than once a week is going overboard imho.
9028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Jose
Offline
Posted 1/11/12
I believe all drugs should be legalized once and for all to stop Mexican Cartels from profiting and to stop drug abuse. We should look at Portugal they decided the best option for drug users was treatment and not incarceration. They passed laws to decriminalize all drugs and 11 years later the program is a huge success, there are now less cases of HIV and drug-related HIV deaths, which was caused by the huge heroin epidemic in that country.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

My guess is that it will never happen here in the US, too much money at stake for Departments like the DEA.
10264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/12/12 , edited 1/12/12

Syndicaidramon wrote:

There's plenty things I don't like as well, both legal and illegal. But me not liking it, doesn't mean I think it should be made illegal or stay illegal...


Well that's nice and all, I was just stating that I personally wouldn't want it to be legalized because of its health disadvantages.

We already have smoking and alcohol and if we add another to that list that's going to fuck up stuff even more. I wouldn't like to see another member of my family or anybody elses family get addicted to it and slowly die, would I? Anyway, this is just my opinion, make of it what you wish.

Also, please try to post less offensively. It really pests me.

69650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/12
What's wrong with marijuana? o.0
3416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 1/12/12

PepperKillsPepsi wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

There's plenty things I don't like as well, both legal and illegal. But me not liking it, doesn't mean I think it should be made illegal or stay illegal...


Well that's nice and all, I was just stating that I personally wouldn't want it to be legalized because of its health disadvantages.

We already have smoking and alcohol and if we add another to that list that's going to fuck up stuff even more. I wouldn't like to see another member of my family or anybody elses family get addicted to it and slowly die, would I? Anyway, this is just my opinion, make of it what you wish.

Also, please try to post less offensively. It really pests me.



It was never my intention to be offensive. I apologize.
I realize your concern, though I really don't think it will be that bad. Marijuana, for many, will be more of an ALTERNATIVE to smoking and alcohol. And while the best thing is to be sober, many people drink and smoke for social purposes. And marijuana is indeed a much healthier and safer alternative to either of those two things.

As for health disadvantages, there is, as far as I know, no serious health issues that have been linked to marijuana.
You can't overdose on it, and it has been shown that it actually lowers the growth of cancer. In addition to the fact that it also works as a painkiller, and has health advantages for several other diseases.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjDvN7xK78&feature=related

Furthermore, having drugs illegal really doesn't work. Prohibition is near useless.
Marijuana has become a subject that is practicly split down the middle. One side claims it's not so bad, the other claims it's the work of the devil.
And while it is no doubt on the harm of other illegal drugs like heroin, who are obviously and undeniably dangerous, marijuana is a drug that doesn't show signs of serious harm. Quite the contrary in many cases.
But since it's illegal, there will be "studies" made by various different parties. Both by the ones that want it legalized, and those who want it to stay illegal. Thus, the evidence will always be conflicting.
If marijuana was legal, this would not be the case, because there would be no debate on that particular issue. Thus, making bogus studies would be pretty much useless, and we would come to find the real truth.

I think no one today disagrees that smoking tobacco is harmful, yet if it too had been illegal, you could bet that the "evidence" for or against it would get the same treatment as the evidence of the effects of marijuana gets today.
First  Prev  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.