Post Reply Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell
Superstar Artist
15788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / College
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

Uncle Luke has been (known nationally) in the business since he started in the group 2 Live Crew.


Remember this....







What do y'all think? His reality show premiering August 4th should be interesting too.

CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

Polaris7 wrote:


Uncle Luke has been (known nationally) in the business since he started in the group 2 Live Crew.


Remember this....







What do y'all think? His reality show premiering August 4th should be interesting too.



i heard on the radio last nite HE GETTIN MARRIED
Superstar Artist
15788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / College
Offline
Posted 8/3/08

crasyjak wrote:


Polaris7 wrote:


Uncle Luke has been (known nationally) in the business since he started in the group 2 Live Crew.


Remember this....







What do y'all think? His reality show premiering August 4th should be interesting too.



i heard on the radio last nite HE GETTIN MARRIED


He's already married...he tied the knot last month.
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/3/08
OK yea thats what i heard
Superstar Artist
19071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / HERE
Offline
Posted 8/4/08
I like Luke, but what can he teach anybody with that reality show, For Real! he needs to take his half talking ass back to making Booty Music!!!
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

tri-ing30 wrote:

I like Luke, but what can he teach anybody with that reality show, For Real! he needs to take his half talking ass back to making Booty Music!!!


Wow i;m late but yes I agree as well UNCLE LUKE is by far the most tasteless man ever he has treated women with complete disregard. He isn't worth wasting tape about his life........good he got married but dammit bitches didn't want to fuck with luke cause all he got going is what porn and porn music and this nigga is getting old as hell its just a natural instinct to settle down. i personally believe its a poor choice of a husband because his dick has got to be the dirtiest thing!
Superstar Artist
12460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/08 , edited 8/8/08
Dirty dude or not, his music was bumpin back in the day.

Listening to it now, I just laugh my ass off.


"DON'T STOP!!! POP THAT P****!!! LET ME SEE YA....RRRRROOOOOGHH!!!!!!!!!!"

*iwannarock iwannarock iwannarock*



LMFAO
Superstar Artist
3599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

raja613 wrote:


tri-ing30 wrote:

I like Luke, but what can he teach anybody with that reality show, For Real! he needs to take his half talking ass back to making Booty Music!!!


Wow i;m late but yes I agree as well UNCLE LUKE is by far the most tasteless man ever he has treated women with complete disregard. He isn't worth wasting tape about his life........good he got married but dammit bitches didn't want to fuck with luke cause all he got going is what porn and porn music and this nigga is getting old as hell its just a natural instinct to settle down. i personally believe its a poor choice of a husband because his dick has got to be the dirtiest thing!


I lost count.......how many times has the "Bitchassness" radar gone crazy whenever raja is talking about any1.....whether it be a hip hop/r&b legend or the modern-day jokes
Superstar Artist
15788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / College
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

big_j_gangsta wrote:


raja613 wrote:


tri-ing30 wrote:

I like Luke, but what can he teach anybody with that reality show, For Real! he needs to take his half talking ass back to making Booty Music!!!


Wow i;m late but yes I agree as well UNCLE LUKE is by far the most tasteless man ever he has treated women with complete disregard. He isn't worth wasting tape about his life........good he got married but dammit bitches didn't want to fuck with luke cause all he got going is what porn and porn music and this nigga is getting old as hell its just a natural instinct to settle down. i personally believe its a poor choice of a husband because his dick has got to be the dirtiest thing!


I lost count.......how many times has the "Bitchassness" radar gone crazy whenever raja is talking about any1.....whether it be a hip hop/r&b legend or the modern-day jokes


That is SO true!


Did anyone see the first episode? 14 year old boy and porn??? Girlfriend has a kid???
Superstar Artist
15788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / College
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Marcell2aG wrote:

Dirty dude or not, his music was bumpin back in the day.

Listening to it now, I just laugh my ass off.


"DON'T STOP!!! POP THAT P****!!! LET ME SEE YA....RRRRROOOOOGHH!!!!!!!!!!"

*iwannarock iwannarock iwannarock*



LMFAO


Yeah those songs are hilarious but I can't listen to that all at once. Overwhelm me!
Superstar Artist
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 8/10/08

big_j_gangsta wrote:


raja613 wrote:


tri-ing30 wrote:

I like Luke, but what can he teach anybody with that reality show, For Real! he needs to take his half talking ass back to making Booty Music!!!


Wow i;m late but yes I agree as well UNCLE LUKE is by far the most tasteless man ever he has treated women with complete disregard. He isn't worth wasting tape about his life........good he got married but dammit bitches didn't want to fuck with luke cause all he got going is what porn and porn music and this nigga is getting old as hell its just a natural instinct to settle down. i personally believe its a poor choice of a husband because his dick has got to be the dirtiest thing!


I lost count.......how many times has the "Bitchassness" radar gone crazy whenever raja is talking about any1.....whether it be a hip hop/r&b legend or the modern-day jokes


I;m not going into bitchassness fit, but seriously who cares about Luke? Call it bitchassness or whatever but when people do stuff that is acyually WORTH me giving them a pat on the back for then that when they get it otherwise they are wasting face........
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/11/08
Honestly i dont give a damn aboout Luke either... hes like old news... i raja is a lil more passionate about it but really luke is behind.... this is his FIRST reality show.... Flavor Flav has been in FIVE reality shows.... come on now....
CEO
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/12/08 , edited 8/12/08
honestly i just watched the 1st 2 episodes... its pretty good so far... maybe im just a reality addict but i like it


Im really suprised how strict he is in regards to sex in the life of his children... hes a decent parent dispite his profession
Superstar Artist
15788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / College
Offline
Posted 9/24/08 , edited 12/2/08

Episode Update!


THE NEW CREW #101
Luther Campbell, former king of raunch rap and every parent's worst nightmare, is trying to raise teenage kids in a sex-charged era. When a dirty magazine is found in his son Luther Jr's room, Luke realizes the script has been flipped and now he must be the voice of parental authority. And it's not the only change, as lifelong bachelor Luke is finally getting ready to settle down with his fiancée Kristin, a straight-laced lawyer.



WHAT DADDY DOESN'T KNOW...
Luke sees his teenage daughter Lacresha as a responsible girl with a good head on her shoulders. But when Lacresha has a boyfriend over for an intimate pool party, Luke goes ballistic. He decides to show her who's boss by inviting the boyfriend over for one of the legendary Campbell family barbecues. Will he survive the test?



THE PLAYA GENE #103
Luke is concerned that his son, Luther Jr, doesn't have a lot of girlfriends. He decides to teach his boy how to be a playa, so he plants a hidden microphone in Junior's ear and gives him tips in the fine art of talking to girls.



FAMILY BUSINESS #104
Luther Jr. wants to break into show business so Luke asks him be an intern on the set of his new video shoot. But he's not sure Junior has what it takes to audition video vixens and make the difficult decisions about which dancers to cut. Can Luke teach his son to be another entertainment mogul?



INLAWS AND OUTLAWS #105
Luke and Kristin travel to her hometown of Dallas to plan their wedding, but it's not so much fun for Luke. Her parents make him sleep in a separate bedroom and her dad sits Luke down for a pre-marital father-son chat. Luke wants to add a little "Uncle Luke" touch to the wedding, and suggests a member of his adult entertainment crew shoot the ceremony. Will Kristin draw the line?



OUTLAW MEETS INLAWS #106
Continued from last episode.



BABY MAMA DRAMA #107
Luke drops a bomb on Lacresha and Luther Jr.: they have a two-year-old half-brother from one of his former girlfriends. Luke never raised an infant before so when he arranges a bonding weekend with his young son, it's a whole new parenting ballgame.



LOVE YOU LONG TIME #108
Right before Luke and Kristin's wedding, Lacresha and Luther Jr. get into major trouble. Even though things don't go according to plan, Kristin and Luke are determined to make this a day to remember. Can Cool Hand Luke get through the wedding weekend without shedding a tear?



Reference: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/lukes_parental_advisory/episode_list.jhtml


To watch the first season of the show go here:
http://www.vh1.com/video/browse/index.jhtml?id=2028


Superstar Artist
15788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / College
Offline
Posted 12/2/08


Luther " Luke" Campbell
Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell has a distinction that neither time nor current chart status can diminish: he is a hip-hop first. Before OutKast, before Ludacris, before Jermaine Dupri, and the other Southern artists on the Billboard charts, Luther Campbell was the first Southern rapper. Known to put the "F" in freak, Luther Campbell was born and raised in Miami, Florida . He began his career as an intern for WEDR, a local urban station in the Miami area and he later became a concert promoter, before taking the helm as the freaky front man for rap group, 2 Live Crew, in the mid- 80's. After struggling to get signed, Luke started the first independent rap label, Luke Records. 2 Live Crew released their first album, As Nasty as They Wanna Be, under Luke Records in 1986. The first single, "Me So Horny" shot to the top of the Billboard charts even as it was banned from radio stations and retail stores. Despite the ban, the album sold well over 2 million copies to the ire of many politicians. Luke's highly publicized obscenity trials gave birth to the "parental advisory" sticker and his 1994 Supreme Court parody/fair use case shed a new light on the First Amendment.

In 1993 Luke released his first solo album, In the Nude, which was followed by a Christmas album and a greatest-hits LP before Luke signed a distribution contract with Island for 1997's album, Changin' the Game. Luke's Freak Fest 2000 (Loud) followed three years later and Somethin' Nasty (Koch) appeared in the spring of 2001.

In 2006 Luke announced he was retiring from hip-hop and launching an adult entertainment company. He said goodbye to his fans with the three-CD collection My Life & Freaky Times. A year later in December of 2007 Campbell launched, digital entertainment distribution company, The Luke Entertainment Group. Today Luke runs his company with the help of his fiance Kristin Thompson, who serves as general counsel. Luke has four children, and two who currently reside in Miami with him. Luther Campbell, Jr. is a 15 year old high school student, who hopes to follow in his father's footsteps one day and join the family business. Luke's 17-year old daughter, Lacresha Campbell, is heading into her senior year of high school and preparing to go off to college. Lacresha is currently looking at Florida A&M University and the University of Florida, but if Dad has his way she will go to the University of Miami.





Kristin Thompson
Kristin Thompson, a 27-year old Dallas, Texas native won over Luther Campbell's heart. Luke's fiancé, Kristin, says she fell in love with the former, 2 Live Crew front man, after he swept her off her feet and reminded her of the "other" important man in her life, her father. Thompson says the same qualities that she saw in her father, attentive, strong, and protective, she saw in Luke instantly and she fell in love.

Kristin attended Florida State University undergrad and double majored in international business/marketing and sports management and received her law degree from Nova Southeastern University. The Texas beauty now works at Luke Entertainment as general counsel. When not assisting her fiancé, Luke, Kristin works extensively with the National Youth Football League as a National Cheer Director for youth throughout the Florida, Maryland, and Texas area. During Kristin's downtime she loves making arts and crafts, redecorating the house, and she doesn't miss an episode of HGTV's "Divine Design" with Candice Olson. After the wedding, Kristin plans to take the bar exam and eventually start her own entertainment law firm in Miami. In the future, she also hopes to expand the sporting division of Luke Entertainment and maybe one day take the NFL agent exam.


Kristen met Luke at Jerry's Deli in Miami Beach in late October. He was immediately smitten with her, while she says she didn't take him seriously. The two exchanged numbers and after two years Luke proposed to Kristin on Halloween in 2007. She looks forward to having children with Luke in the future and the two will be exchanging vows on July 19th in Dallas, Texas and honeymooning in Cabo San Lucas.

Reference: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/lukes_parental_advisory/series_characters.jhtml
You must be logged in to post.