First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Why God?
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
Now besides the obvious, dying for our sins, being saved by God, what draws each one of us to God? I am not looking for your testimonies, there is a thread for that already, I'm looking for our image of God, or deep reasons, why we have decided to follow Him to the death.

For me it was the comfort of a Father figure. I never had a dominant dad figure, but I always had Jesus. Another factor, no matter the mistakes I make, I can face Him at the end of the day, and He will forgive me. Lastly, He is the King, lol, just kidding, only half, but back on track, as much as I try and take the wheel of my life, I crash and burn every time, having Him at the wheel brings comfort into any situation, no matter how dire, I have no stress in knowing I am in good hands and that everything WILL work out according to His will and that brings in so much reassurance.
Member
8010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / behind your door...
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
Me....I've decided to follow Him to the end is because I'm looking forward to the day that I will see Him smile because of what I did for Him...
Member
3664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The road less tra...
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
Hmmm... I've always loved to help people and volunteer. That, and knowing that someone had to have createn all these perfect things on Earth. Plus I knew He was here for me when my parents got divorced and my dad moved to his (now ex) girlfriend's house and rarely came by. And, of course, I can't wait to meet Him when my turn comes, knowing I will live forever in His glory...
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/08
What do you mean 'Why God?' I didn't choose God. I don't deserve or need any glory for this. I am pretty sure He chose me instead. I'm not exactly a God follower either, meaning I didnt' join Christianity to gain a God. It's really difficult to explain, but mm. He planned everything so I would walk to him finally. Another thing about 'God' to me, is that people automatically assume that God is for everyone. Which is true, but that personal touch of God takes another revelation altogether. God, in Greek, Elohim, is the hand of God, the external side of him. You can look at a person and judge his actions, but his heart may say a different thing.

The only reason why I walk to him is because HE seeked me, found me out, threw me a party, and let me rejoin the flock. I let him. For me, it wasn't a rational choice, because I don't want to have a rational religion. I was only attracted by his heart, the Yahweh (Jesus) inside. I want to know him because he is a personal God, and He is the one who first loved. The heart of God is what spurs the hand of God. Now I love him because He is life and the answer to everything good. No reason really. There's something really intimate and 'at home-like' in Jesus's presence. He just IS, and I just am.

Shepherd and dumb sheep.
Posted 8/7/08

Faeleia wrote:

What do you mean 'Why God?' I didn't choose God. I don't deserve or need any glory for this. I am pretty sure He chose me instead. I'm not exactly a God follower either, meaning I didnt' join Christianity to gain a God. It's really difficult to explain, but mm. He planned everything so I would walk to him finally. Another thing about 'God' to me, is that people automatically assume that God is for everyone. Which is true, but that personal touch of God takes another revelation altogether. God, in Greek, Elohim, is the hand of God, the external side of him. You can look at a person and judge his actions, but his heart may say a different thing.

The only reason why I walk to him is because HE seeked me, found me out, threw me a party, and let me rejoin the flock. I let him. For me, it wasn't a rational choice, because I don't want to have a rational religion. I was only attracted by his heart, the Yahweh (Jesus) inside. I want to know him because he is a personal God, and He is the one who first loved. The heart of God is what spurs the hand of God. Now I love him because He is life and the answer to everything good. No reason really. There's something really intimate and 'at home-like' in Jesus's presence. He just IS, and I just am.

Shepherd and dumb sheep.


Amen! <3
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
For all of the following and MORE

Now besides the obvious, dying for our sins

I've decided to follow Him to the end

I knew He was here for me

HE seeked me, found me out, threw me a party, and let me rejoin the flock.



Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
Hahah, fae,
that's more along the lines of the predestination. And what i merely meant is what you answered.

He sought you.
I in my whole-heart believe this to be true.
towards the end u eluded to another reason, it sounded like comfortability, a since of this being the right thing if im not misunderstood.
There are other minor and side reasons why people stick with Christ rather than fall off and forget.
This is to better understand ourselves.
The answer is of course we were chosen, the question why we stayed,
I suppose, its to better understand and get a feel of our brothers and sisters in Christ, and perhaps a study on attributes of God we might forget or allude us.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
ohohoh. Perhaps it's much better to say: Reasons why you'll follow the Lord to Life.

I KNEW there was some technical error to that line! Because after the shedding of our dust bodies, we are given new bodies, and if death IS the final destination, then God is not Life. Dust is what the serpent eats. When man is rid of our dusty selves, the devil will be alone.. all sad and stuff.

No death to health, life to relationships, life to our soul, life to our hearts, life and prosperity
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/11/08 , edited 8/11/08
God! He's is my comfort, my deepest love, and my one true friend. If I didn't have Him, who else would I have? He knows me more than I know myself ; He even knows how many hairs I have on my head and how long I'll live. He only has the best planned for His children and He'll never leave me. He knew me before I was formed in my mother's womb. He chose me before I chose Him. What more do I need? ^_^
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
God is the only thing that makes sense in this crazy world. He's the only one I can trust. He's my greatest ally and support. he died on the cross for my sins, so my life belongs to him for what he did for me.
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
Amen clearwater, I am 100% in agreement.
Member
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 8/14/08

Faeleia wrote:

What do you mean 'Why God?' I didn't choose God. I don't deserve or need any glory for this. I am pretty sure He chose me instead. I'm not exactly a God follower either, meaning I didnt' join Christianity to gain a God. It's really difficult to explain, but mm. He planned everything so I would walk to him finally. Another thing about 'God' to me, is that people automatically assume that God is for everyone. Which is true, but that personal touch of God takes another revelation altogether. God, in Greek, Elohim, is the hand of God, the external side of him. You can look at a person and judge his actions, but his heart may say a different thing.

The only reason why I walk to him is because HE seeked me, found me out, threw me a party, and let me rejoin the flock. I let him. For me, it wasn't a rational choice, because I don't want to have a rational religion. I was only attracted by his heart, the Yahweh (Jesus) inside. I want to know him because he is a personal God, and He is the one who first loved. The heart of God is what spurs the hand of God. Now I love him because He is life and the answer to everything good. No reason really. There's something really intimate and 'at home-like' in Jesus's presence. He just IS, and I just am.

Shepherd and dumb sheep.

If god does not do the same for everyone then how can he be for everyone? That makes little sense to me. If god sends personal revelations to some and not others then he is a capricious monster. Calvinism is the most evil of all Christian theological systems because it based around this very concept. That god reaches out to some and leaves others for the fire. You are being disingenuous to claim god is for everyone and also that he has chosen to reach out to you.....when he has clearly not reached out to others.
Posted 8/16/08
Because it was logical.
Member
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

skygod333 wrote:

Because it was logical.


Interesting. I have never seen a single logical reason to believe in the Christian god. Can you tell me why you think it is logical? I won't comment on what you say unless you say it is alright.
Posted 8/16/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

Because it was logical.


Interesting. I have never seen a single logical reason to believe in the Christian god. Can you tell me why you think it is logical? I won't comment on what you say unless you say it is alright.


I believe and know that all things happen by decision and for a reason, unknown or known. Now in my opinion, the universe could not possibly come together on it's own, it needs the help of a God-force, God, in my opinion. Random forces do not just collide and create things so perfectly. Not to mention, I don't know the reason for all of the universe but eventually it will serve a purpose. I will serve a purpose, you will serve a purpose. All the decisions ever made have lead up to this point and they will come to a climax at some point. Like the butterfly effect, you know? Anyway, I believe in some higher point to existence because we're not here by coincidence. Nothing happens by chance or coincidence.

But here's the catch to my logic: I do not believe in a conventional God. I believe in a God that is trully omnipotent. I don't believe in a God that is ALL-loving. I believe he has some hate and destructive power that he uses every so often.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.