First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Why God?
Member
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

skygod333 wrote:


YouAreDumb wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

Because it was logical.


Interesting. I have never seen a single logical reason to believe in the Christian god. Can you tell me why you think it is logical? I won't comment on what you say unless you say it is alright.


I believe and know that all things happen by decision and for a reason, unknown or known. Now in my opinion, the universe could not possibly come together on it's own, it needs the help of a God-force, God, in my opinion. Random forces do not just collide and create things so perfectly. Not to mention, I don't know the reason for all of the universe but eventually it will serve a purpose. I will serve a purpose, you will serve a purpose. All the decisions ever made have lead up to this point and they will come to a climax at some point. Like the butterfly effect, you know? Anyway, I believe in some higher point to existence because we're not here by coincidence. Nothing happens by chance or coincidence.

But here's the catch to my logic: I do not believe in a conventional God. I believe in a God that is trully omnipotent. I don't believe in a God that is ALL-loving. I believe he has some hate and destructive power that he uses every so often.


Hmmm. I just have one comment. If all things must have a purpose then what is the purpose of god? If god has always existed there is no way he could have caused himself to exist, or that his existence has a purpose. There is no reason he should exist or have the power manipulate reality. So, your epistemology is self contradictory. It claims all things must have a purpose as the reason god exists, but does not provide a reason for the creation of god who has always existed. Not trying to be divisive but I had to point that out.

Have a good one dude
-Y.A.D
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
You are dumb, the point of the thread is to express our secondary reasoning behind staying with God, i should know i created the thread. Now I have 2 comments if I may, first to skygod i was totally right on board with you until u went with the destructive force. I am not about to argue the God of love argument because i think that argument is flawed and played out, but i think emphasis should be shown that Gods judgment comes onto the wicked. Those who deny Christ. Y. A. D. thank you for simplifying your name lol, but thats not my comment towards you, why do you have to box in God and give Him reasons for existence? You come off rather wise and it is obvious you are well read, is there anything that you cannot explain? If we knew everything about God He would cease to be. For we would have God's knowledge, anyway beating around the bush, God is beyond comprehension, I do not believe God can be labeled as such, this is how i see it, a word can have several meanings based on the person using the word, no? Why can't God's purpose be a billion reasons? anyhow I dont want to rant. I think its illogical to try and compare the divine to mortals.
Posted 8/17/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


skygod333 wrote:


YouAreDumb wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

Because it was logical.


Interesting. I have never seen a single logical reason to believe in the Christian god. Can you tell me why you think it is logical? I won't comment on what you say unless you say it is alright.


I believe and know that all things happen by decision and for a reason, unknown or known. Now in my opinion, the universe could not possibly come together on it's own, it needs the help of a God-force, God, in my opinion. Random forces do not just collide and create things so perfectly. Not to mention, I don't know the reason for all of the universe but eventually it will serve a purpose. I will serve a purpose, you will serve a purpose. All the decisions ever made have lead up to this point and they will come to a climax at some point. Like the butterfly effect, you know? Anyway, I believe in some higher point to existence because we're not here by coincidence. Nothing happens by chance or coincidence.

But here's the catch to my logic: I do not believe in a conventional God. I believe in a God that is trully omnipotent. I don't believe in a God that is ALL-loving. I believe he has some hate and destructive power that he uses every so often.


Hmmm. I just have one comment. If all things must have a purpose then what is the purpose of god? If god has always existed there is no way he could have caused himself to exist, or that his existence has a purpose. There is no reason he should exist or have the power manipulate reality. So, your epistemology is self contradictory. It claims all things must have a purpose as the reason god exists, but does not provide a reason for the creation of god who has always existed. Not trying to be divisive but I had to point that out.

Have a good one dude
-Y.A.D


Don't you get the point of a God-force? Its purpose is to create/destroy/what-have-you-not...The reason why it's a God-force is because it was never created, it was always there. You're looking at God in a finite way. Think about it in an infinite way.
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 8/17/08

skygod333 wrote:

You're looking at God in a finite way. Think about it in an infinite way.


I like what you said...It is so true
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/18/08 , edited 8/18/08
The Christian God makes more sense than any other God on this whole planet.
God uses destructive power every once-in-a-while to catch our attention and remind us of how all-powerful he is and how us humans are't able to control everything. People get so caught up in their own lives and problems that they tend to forget about God and natural disasters and "destructive forces" tend to bring us back to him. I'm not saying every destructive force was geared to be used in this way but it's safe to say that when all else fails, everyone crys out to God. Whether it's in anguish, hatred, or just a last resort; people naturally cry out to God when they need him. It's how and why we were made.
In answer to God's hatred: God is love. Love is the very core of God's being. God hates the sin, not the sinner.


"Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? And yet not one of them is forgotten before God. "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows. (NAS, Luke 12:6-7)

…. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (NIV, Matthew 5:45)

"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? "And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. "And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. (NAS, Luke 15:4-7)


"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. (NAS, John 3:16-17)


Either way I'm not going to argue with any of you ^_^. Just wanted to clear some stuff up. God bless.
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 8/18/08
Amen Rukia, I can't argue with that.
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 8/18/08

AburaiRukia wrote:

The Christian God makes more sense than any other God on this whole planet.
God uses destructive power every once-in-a-while to catch our attention and remind us of how all-powerful he is and how us humans are't able to control everything. People get so caught up in their own lives and problems that they tend to forget about God and natural disasters and "destructive forces" tend to bring us back to him. I'm not saying every destructive force was geared to be used in this way but it's safe to say that when all else fails, everyone crys out to God. Whether it's in anguish, hatred, or just a last resort; people naturally cry out to God when they need him. It's how and why we were made.
In answer to God's hatred: God is love. Love is the very core of God's being. God hates the sin, not the sinner.


"Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? And yet not one of them is forgotten before God. "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows. (NAS, Luke 12:6-7)

…. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (NIV, Matthew 5:45)

"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? "And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. "And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. (NAS, Luke 15:4-7)


"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. (NAS, John 3:16-17)


Either way I'm not going to argue with any of you ^_^. Just wanted to clear some stuff up. God bless.


WOW what you said....AMEN
Moderator
3363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/17/09
Well, I chose God because, he's just... well I can't describe him! To many words for that. He makes me feel, happy, like a full kind of happy, a happy that's always there. Even if everything seem like it's trying to get you. Really he's alway there. Like in this one book I read, ( From Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire series) a girl that seemed hopeless and had no chance of ever having happiness found the path to God and she became an important part of his complex plan. It was beautiful really. She was in the lowest depths of Hades and she still found God. It's amazing.

God also makes me feel safe and there's always someone there. For me, when I was really young, I was stuck with an okay-you're-friendly babysitter. So I played by myself. Then with God, I'm contempt with just doing anything now. And when I was young, I had bad dreams of being left alone and being chased by large bugs (I know.. really weird but I hate bugs) and shadows, but now I don't have those dreams anymore. It's all happy adventures with friends and stuff. It's really cool. That's why I love that I chose God. :)
Member
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
You should choose God because if you don't he WILL strike divine judgement on you. Unbelievers are the ignorant masses who will suffer eternally for the sin of forsaking God and his only son in Satan's firey grasp.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
Let me ask you all a question, was it you who chose God...or God that Chose you? Something to think about...
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

clearwateralchemist wrote:

Let me ask you all a question, was it you who chose God...or God that Chose you? Something to think about...


Very good and very true.
Member
1157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / here!!! lol
Offline
Posted 12/20/09 , edited 12/20/09

clearwateralchemist wrote:

Let me ask you all a question, was it you who chose God...or God that Chose you? Something to think about...


well technocally he choses us first
then we chose him...
but i know it was predetermined
cuz he knows what we will do b4 we do it.
Member
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 12/24/09
I went to a Christian school and took apologetics classes there for a fair while. I had conversations with a pastor that taught there and some new friends about things I had doubts about. It seemed like the Bible had an answer for everything. I had always believed in God, but never took the faith seriously until I saw how perfect the Bible actually was, and how different Christianity is from any other faith. I guess the rest speaks for itself.
Member
8001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Columbia, Maryland
Offline
Posted 12/29/09

gaaraluvhinata wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:

Let me ask you all a question, was it you who chose God...or God that Chose you? Something to think about...


well technocally he choses us first
then we chose him...
but i know it was predetermined
cuz he knows what we will do b4 we do it.


Not just technically, but Scripturally. John 15:16 says, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name." I'm afraid I can't answer the question of why I chose God, because I didn't. None of us did. God, in His love and mercy, made us alive with Christ when we were dead in transgression (Eph. 2:4-5), not when we, in our supposed free will rose up and chose Him or whatever. While we were still helpless, Christ died for the ungodly (Romans 5:6). Therefore, glory to God for saving us when we didn't deserve it or ever want Him. By grace we have been saved, not by choice.
Moderator
14744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M / FL. But, I (May...
Offline
Posted 12/29/09

darklion wrote:


gaaraluvhinata wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:

Let me ask you all a question, was it you who chose God...or God that Chose you? Something to think about...


well technocally he choses us first
then we chose him...
but i know it was predetermined
cuz he knows what we will do b4 we do it.


Not just technically, but Scripturally. John 15:16 says, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name." I'm afraid I can't answer the question of why I chose God, because I didn't. None of us did. God, in His love and mercy, made us alive with Christ when we were dead in transgression (Eph. 2:4-5), not when we, in our supposed free will rose up and chose Him or whatever. While we were still helpless, Christ died for the ungodly (Romans 5:6). Therefore, glory to God for saving us when we didn't deserve it or ever want Him. By grace we have been saved, not by choice.


Some one knows her Bible
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.