First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Do you try to act like your favourite anime character?
551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
I think it's so annoying when people try to act exactly like anime characters. Like if they do the "Hinata shy finger poke" move all the time, or say "dattebayo!" all the time for no reason whatever, or any other saying. "Got it memorized?" also really annoys me. (Just trying to act like a character from Naruto, or Axel from Kingdom Hearts just plain annoys me now, since these are really things people have done around me)

And I hate when people have a lot of different personalities just because of the personalities they're trying to act like they have from an anime character they like, because in the end, all their personalities are just incredibly annoying. For example, clearly trying too hard to look like a cute/shy anime girl, while also being a loud/obnoxious anime girl, while trying to be the nice/mellow anime girl. No matter how hard they try, even their "quiet" personalities end up just plain obnoxious.

And don't get me wrong, every once in a while is fine with me, sometimes it's even funny, and if that's actually what their personality is like, the small, cute, and shy girl, then I'm great with that, but when people you know try WAY too hard to act like anime characters, it gets annoying.

Sorry for sounding so against it, but I've had a lot of experience with people like that, to the extreme.

But like I said, just a little bit of it is totally fine with me.
37065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Djakarta
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
sometimes,,
try to act stupid like gintoki
1480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Mexico!!!!!!!
Offline
Posted 8/6/08 , edited 8/6/08
FUC%, of course not, that will be really weird.
i'm starting to see why the japanese people see them like freaks.

IT'S JUST ANIME, PLEASE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT, THE PEOPLE WHO SEE ANIME AND JUST WATCH IT HAS BEEN SEEN WEIRD


PLEASE STOP DOING THAT KIND OF THINGS.
1255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/6/08 , edited 8/6/08

chago wrote:

FUC%, of course not, that will be really weird.
i'm starting to see why the japanese people see them like freaks.

IT'S JUST ANIME, PLEASE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT, THE PEOPLE WHO SEE ANIME AND JUST WATCH IT HAS BEEN SEEN WEIRD


PLEASE STOP DOING THAT KIND OF THINGS.


As I said before;


ZnTFanatic wrote:

Everyone is allowed their opinions, but saying 'fuck, no' is really not needed or appreciated.


So please do not swear or imply that it is somebody else's fault that others are being seen as 'weird' because of whether or not they enjoy portraying characters, and you have no right to ask people to stop if they do act like an anime character, whether if it is for fun or not, because they are entitled to do as they wish even if certain people insult them for it.

And incidentally, the initial question was 'do you or do you not try to act like an anime character' which does not ask for your opinion of other people. Kindly keep your comments to yourself.
solkei 
65012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Bronx,NY
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
i act like tohno shiki (from melty blood) i try to bring my razor blade everywhere i go except to church lol
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
Of course I do! I'm totally domineering like Hiruma!
1255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/6/08 , edited 8/6/08

solkei wrote:

i act like tohno shiki (from melty blood) i try to bring my razor blade everywhere i go except to church lol


Careful not to be arrested for attempted murder
Posted 8/6/08
i sometimes sit like L and eat like him XD
solkei 
65012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Bronx,NY
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

ZnTFanatic wrote:


solkei wrote:

i act like tohno shiki (from melty blood) i try to bring my razor blade everywhere i go except to church lol


Careful not to be arrested for attempted murder


nah im good see because i always hide it in my backpocket lol. and plus i only carry on weekends lol
1480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Mexico!!!!!!!
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

ZnTFanatic wrote:


chago wrote:

FUC%, of course not, that will be really weird.
i'm starting to see why the japanese people see them like freaks.

IT'S JUST ANIME, PLEASE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT, THE PEOPLE WHO SEE ANIME AND JUST WATCH IT HAS BEEN SEEN WEIRD


PLEASE STOP DOING THAT KIND OF THINGS.


As I said before;


ZnTFanatic wrote:

Everyone is allowed their opinions, but saying 'fuck, no' is really not needed or appreciated.


So please do not swear or imply that it is somebody else's fault that others are being seen as 'weird' because of whether or not they enjoy portraying characters, and you have no right to ask people to stop if they do act like an anime character, whether if it is for fun or not, because they are entitled to do as they wish even if certain people insult them for it.

And incidentally, the initial question was 'do you or do you not try to act like an anime character' which does not ask for your opinion of other people. Kindly keep your comments to yourself.


sorry man i think you're right, and you're all right; i have no right to tell them to stop doing that.
but ''tomorrow'' you'll be called freaky and if you're ok with that it's ok for me and tomorrow you'll remember me.
3198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Where I've always...
Offline
Posted 8/6/08
rena from higurashi........

my hair was already pretty similar to hers and now im in the habit of saying "omochikaeri!! <3"

plus i'll laugh like her sometimes.....
1255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

chago wrote:


ZnTFanatic wrote:


chago wrote:

FUC%, of course not, that will be really weird.
i'm starting to see why the japanese people see them like freaks.

IT'S JUST ANIME, PLEASE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT, THE PEOPLE WHO SEE ANIME AND JUST WATCH IT HAS BEEN SEEN WEIRD


PLEASE STOP DOING THAT KIND OF THINGS.


As I said before;


ZnTFanatic wrote:

Everyone is allowed their opinions, but saying 'fuck, no' is really not needed or appreciated.


So please do not swear or imply that it is somebody else's fault that others are being seen as 'weird' because of whether or not they enjoy portraying characters, and you have no right to ask people to stop if they do act like an anime character, whether if it is for fun or not, because they are entitled to do as they wish even if certain people insult them for it.

And incidentally, the initial question was 'do you or do you not try to act like an anime character' which does not ask for your opinion of other people. Kindly keep your comments to yourself.


sorry man i think you're right, and you're all right; i have no right to tell them to stop doing that.
but ''tomorrow'' you'll be called freaky and if you're ok with that it's ok for me and tomorrow you'll remember me.


Thank you for that. For not behaving childishly like most people who would create some greater argument because of it. And yes, if people who do try to act like characters and end up getting ridiculed, well, at least you learned your lesson, right? Besides, I'd think most people would only do it for fun, not as a lifestyle.
1480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Mexico!!!!!!!
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

ZnTFanatic wrote:


chago wrote:


ZnTFanatic wrote:


chago wrote:

FUC%, of course not, that will be really weird.
i'm starting to see why the japanese people see them like freaks.

IT'S JUST ANIME, PLEASE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT, THE PEOPLE WHO SEE ANIME AND JUST WATCH IT HAS BEEN SEEN WEIRD


PLEASE STOP DOING THAT KIND OF THINGS.


As I said before;


ZnTFanatic wrote:

Everyone is allowed their opinions, but saying 'fuck, no' is really not needed or appreciated.


So please do not swear or imply that it is somebody else's fault that others are being seen as 'weird' because of whether or not they enjoy portraying characters, and you have no right to ask people to stop if they do act like an anime character, whether if it is for fun or not, because they are entitled to do as they wish even if certain people insult them for it.

And incidentally, the initial question was 'do you or do you not try to act like an anime character' which does not ask for your opinion of other people. Kindly keep your comments to yourself.


sorry man i think you're right, and you're all right; i have no right to tell them to stop doing that.
but ''tomorrow'' you'll be called freaky and if you're ok with that it's ok for me and tomorrow you'll remember me.


Thank you for that. For not behaving childishly like most people who would create some greater argument because of it. And yes, if people who do try to act like characters and end up getting ridiculed, well, at least you learned your lesson, right? Besides, I'd think most people would only do it for fun, not as a lifestyle.


LOL i'm not a child man and hope you're right and they're doing it only for fun not as a lifestyle.
14437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
71
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

ZnTFanatic wrote:
So please do not swear or imply that it is somebody else's fault that others are being seen as 'weird' because of whether or not they enjoy portraying characters, and you have no right to ask people to stop if they do act like an anime character, whether if it is for fun or not, because they are entitled to do as they wish even if certain people insult them for it.


Look, if somebody is screaming "kage-bushin no jutsu" outside at 3 in the morning I have every right to ask them to stop. If I'm speaking to somebody, and they suddenly start talking like popeye the sailor, I am going to take offense, because they clearly aren't taking me seriously. Similarly, if they adopt the personality of a "bad" character, you have all the more reason to tell them to stop.

Obviously some characters are harmless to imitate, like relatively normal school people or whatever. If you want to throw a "desu" at the end of all your phrases, whatever, knock yourself out. When you start walking around with a sword and make vague speeches about being the strongest there is a definite problem. If you walk around in a demoness alien getup you will be stared at, called weird and arrested for indecent exposure, all for good reason. You are wrong in thinking people are entitled to do whatever they want, and get away with it. You just have to accept that some things are simply not acceptable. Furthermore you can't expect everybody to play by your rules and then cry foul when you get called weird. IT IS WEIRD and it is your fault because you chose to be like that. How would you like it if somebody started imitating you? You'd call them a freak or a stalker and get a restraining order placed against them.

I think somebody who seriously modeled their life after a fictional character has serious and frightening emotional problems and are hoping for the magic of the show to rub off onto them and solve their problems.

I think the reason you wouldn't think of it as weird is you are so used to anime its normal to you, you probably don't bat an eye at the wacky stuff that goes down and the outrageous hair and massive harems. The problem is that when you act like a character, you are forcing that "normality" on everybody around you, and they reject it because they haven't been exposed to it, of course they are going to call you weird.
8467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Monomi Hill
Offline
Posted 8/6/08

FlavorAmazing wrote:

Look, if somebody is screaming "kage-bushin no jutsu" outside at 3 in the morning I have every right to ask them to stop. If I'm speaking to somebody, and they suddenly start talking like popeye the sailor, I am going to take offense, because they clearly aren't taking me seriously. Similarly, if they adopt the personality of a "bad" character, you have all the more reason to tell them to stop.

Obviously some characters are harmless to imitate, like relatively normal school people or whatever. If you want to throw a "desu" at the end of all your phrases, whatever, knock yourself out. When you start walking around with a sword and make vague speeches about being the strongest there is a definite problem. If you walk around in a demoness alien getup you will be stared at, called weird and arrested for indecent exposure, all for good reason. You are wrong in thinking people are entitled to do whatever they want, and get away with it. You just have to accept that some things are simply not acceptable. Furthermore you can't expect everybody to play by your rules and then cry foul when you get called weird. IT IS WEIRD and it is your fault because you chose to be like that. How would you like it if somebody started imitating you? You'd call them a freak or a stalker and get a restraining order placed against them.

I think somebody who seriously modeled their life after a fictional character has serious and frightening emotional problems and are hoping for the magic of the show to rub off onto them and solve their problems.

I think the reason you wouldn't think of it as weird is you are so used to anime its normal to you, you probably don't bat an eye at the wacky stuff that goes down and the outrageous hair and massive harems. The problem is that when you act like a character, you are forcing that "normality" on everybody around you, and they reject it because they haven't been exposed to it, of course they are going to call you weird.


oh my gosh oh wow, yeah that i totally agree with xD great summary about it! -gives a thumbs up-

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.