First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply All vegetarians speak up!
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/6/08 , edited 8/7/08
hey guys. i know a lot of you guys in this group hate animal abuse or else you wouldnt have joined. but i know that some of you might eat meat or chicken. So im just wondering if anyone in here is vegetarian. lol and in case your wondering yes im vegetarain. XD 5 months so far. x3 but i feel so alone cause of this. hahaha. ^_^ so if your vegetarian speak up and let us know. ^___^
Member
5968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Your local concer...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.
Posted 8/8/08
i just became a vegetarian at
80808 meanng august 8 2008 10:40pm
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/9/08

Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.
Member
103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / where my feet tak...
Offline
Posted 8/11/08
i'm vegetarian almost for 1 year 2 months.. and during that time i also tried to be a vegan but it was very difficult cause i had to check every single thing i ate.. so i decided to be just vegetarian

dont feel so alone now
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/11/08
cool. lol yeah i feel your pain. being vegan is pretty hard. ^_^ oh well at least there are some people here who are vegetarian. ^_^ rock on guys.
Member
29540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / fgfhgfhg
Offline
Posted 8/23/08

zeno503 wrote:


Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.


well im not a vegitarian... because animals eat animals always have aways will eating other animals is a part of life...It's not near a abuse eat or be eaten. Im against al typs of abuse but eating meat isnt abusive it's life animals do it and since were animals we do to its the way god intended it.
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.


well im not a vegitarian... because animals eat animals always have aways will eating other animals is a part of life...It's not near a abuse eat or be eaten. Im against al typs of abuse but eating meat isnt abusive it's life animals do it and since were animals we do to its the way god intended it.


yes i have realized that. but animals do this with only their survival skills. Unlike humans. They raise some cows and keep locked up in a small cage so that their muscles can get weaker and there will be less resistance when they kill them. same for pigs. and some are even put through some crazy slaughter machine alive and concious of everything thats happening to them. so its not really the same as how animals get their food. Im sure this isnt the way god intended us to do with animals. There is no possible way that this would be ok to do in his eyes. besides humans can learn to adapt to things such as not eating meat. so i would say it is better to eat vegetarian.
Member
29540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / fgfhgfhg
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

zeno503 wrote:


kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.


well im not a vegitarian... because animals eat animals always have aways will eating other animals is a part of life...It's not near a abuse eat or be eaten. Im against al typs of abuse but eating meat isnt abusive it's life animals do it and since were animals we do to its the way god intended it.


yes i have realized that. but animals do this with only their survival skills. Unlike humans. They raise some cows and keep locked up in a small cage so that their muscles can get weaker and there will be less resistance when they kill them. same for pigs. and some are even put through some crazy slaughter machine alive and concious of everything thats happening to them. so its not really the same as how animals get their food. Im sure this isnt the way god intended us to do with animals. There is no possible way that this would be ok to do in his eyes. besides humans can learn to adapt to things such as not eating meat. so i would say it is better to eat vegetarian.


you have your own beliefs on the matter and I respect that I realise what they do to cows and pigs humans use mechanics that they have adapted enough to create like snakes have adapted to use poisen to torture the animals they eat until they die snakes and spiders much like humans use the same methods for killing in diffrent ways spiders entrap inject poison and wait till they die to eat while some snakes coil around there vctimes and inject poison which is a faster method than the ones that humans or spiders use. Hence the survival skills that animals use are similar but spaced out in diffrent ways useing diffrent methods. Also with the fact that spiders eat there own children and mates also. And I'm certain that you can agree with me with the fact that spiders are increadablly smart creaters and there is not one spider that doesn't eat other species.
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.


well im not a vegitarian... because animals eat animals always have aways will eating other animals is a part of life...It's not near a abuse eat or be eaten. Im against al typs of abuse but eating meat isnt abusive it's life animals do it and since were animals we do to its the way god intended it.


yes i have realized that. but animals do this with only their survival skills. Unlike humans. They raise some cows and keep locked up in a small cage so that their muscles can get weaker and there will be less resistance when they kill them. same for pigs. and some are even put through some crazy slaughter machine alive and concious of everything thats happening to them. so its not really the same as how animals get their food. Im sure this isnt the way god intended us to do with animals. There is no possible way that this would be ok to do in his eyes. besides humans can learn to adapt to things such as not eating meat. so i would say it is better to eat vegetarian.


you have your own beliefs on the matter and I respect that I realise what they do to cows and pigs humans use mechanics that they have adapted enough to create like snakes have adapted to use poisen to torture the animals they eat until they die snakes and spiders much like humans use the same methods for killing in diffrent ways spiders entrap inject poison and wait till they die to eat while some snakes coil around there vctimes and inject poison which is a faster method than the ones that humans or spiders use. Hence the survival skills that animals use are similar but spaced out in diffrent ways useing diffrent methods. Also with the fact that spiders eat there own children and mates also. And I'm certain that you can agree with me with the fact that spiders are increadablly smart creaters and there is not one spider that doesn't eat other species.


Ok you make a good point about the snakes and spiders. But those are unique qualities that those two creatures have. Humans have different qualities. Such as being able to use aposable thumbs and learning how to build and other things. We also have a high level of intelligence. So we should be able to realize that some things might be cruel if we do it a certain way.Such as the way we get our meat nowadays. I mean these animals that are used for meat are raised to just end up being killed. Never getting a chance for survival. Im sure they dont want to end up growing up to be someone's cheeseburger or steak. We have the capability to make a change and a difference for some animals that could have a chance for life. So i say why not give them a chance? I know i wouldnt like to be someone's lunch and I know I would like a chance to be free and to live my life. Besides its like I said before we have alternatives for meat made of soy and wheat and such. And it tastes good. I used to eat meat and compared to what i used to eat, it tastes the same. And i feel less guilty cause I'm not eating an inoccent creature. So It would be better to leave animals be and not eat them. You should try a meat alternative. Im assuming you haven't tried a vegan burger or anything like that. If you have I apologize.
Member
29540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / fgfhgfhg
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

zeno503 wrote:


kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.


well im not a vegitarian... because animals eat animals always have aways will eating other animals is a part of life...It's not near a abuse eat or be eaten. Im against al typs of abuse but eating meat isnt abusive it's life animals do it and since were animals we do to its the way god intended it.


yes i have realized that. but animals do this with only their survival skills. Unlike humans. They raise some cows and keep locked up in a small cage so that their muscles can get weaker and there will be less resistance when they kill them. same for pigs. and some are even put through some crazy slaughter machine alive and concious of everything thats happening to them. so its not really the same as how animals get their food. Im sure this isnt the way god intended us to do with animals. There is no possible way that this would be ok to do in his eyes. besides humans can learn to adapt to things such as not eating meat. so i would say it is better to eat vegetarian.


you have your own beliefs on the matter and I respect that I realise what they do to cows and pigs humans use mechanics that they have adapted enough to create like snakes have adapted to use poisen to torture the animals they eat until they die snakes and spiders much like humans use the same methods for killing in diffrent ways spiders entrap inject poison and wait till they die to eat while some snakes coil around there vctimes and inject poison which is a faster method than the ones that humans or spiders use. Hence the survival skills that animals use are similar but spaced out in diffrent ways useing diffrent methods. Also with the fact that spiders eat there own children and mates also. And I'm certain that you can agree with me with the fact that spiders are increadablly smart creaters and there is not one spider that doesn't eat other species.


Ok you make a good point about the snakes and spiders. But those are unique qualities that those two creatures have. Humans have different qualities. Such as being able to use aposable thumbs and learning how to build and other things. We also have a high level of intelligence. So we should be able to realize that some things might be cruel if we do it a certain way.Such as the way we get our meat nowadays. I mean these animals that are used for meat are raised to just end up being killed. Never getting a chance for survival. Im sure they dont want to end up growing up to be someone's cheeseburger or steak. We have the capability to make a change and a difference for some animals that could have a chance for life. So i say why not give them a chance? I know i wouldnt like to be someone's lunch and I know I would like a chance to be free and to live my life. Besides its like I said before we have alternatives for meat made of soy and wheat and such. And it tastes good. I used to eat meat and compared to what i used to eat, it tastes the same. And i feel less guilty cause I'm not eating an inoccent creature. So It would be better to leave animals be and not eat them. You should try a meat alternative. Im assuming you haven't tried a vegan burger or anything like that. If you have I apologize.


Well I'm sorry that you feel sorry for being human but either way the cows will end up like the deer and become carnivores also resulting to eating us and from the way your sounding to me your going to allow that to happen. I'm not saying that what their doing isnt wrong I'm saying that its ridiculous that people like you feel the need to completelly damage your being for the sake of animals that will over populate and will end up eating meat also. Your saying that humans are the only ones doing cruel and heartless thing when in reality. In the real world every animal that was in our place with our advantages would do the same. And don't tell me what I should and shouldnt do because my ways of thinking have more of a ability to help everyone unlike yours. Also animals do cruel things every day using things that they can use like humans do your so blind sighted that you cant see that. Try thinking of methods to help that can help everyone and not just one part of the situation wars are caused because of the way your thinking. Or explaining it your not helping your cause your hurting it more and more.
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


kotetsu683 wrote:


zeno503 wrote:


Veracto wrote:

Well......

I am not really into vegetarians and stuff.....

Humans need meat......thats why we have 4 canine teeth.....

And just depriving yourself of meat is only hurting yourself and your well being.


you do know that there are alternatives to meat right? we need meat for the protein and iron and stuff like that. but that can be provided with alternative foods with protein exctracts and all that other stuff. do only reason we have those 4 canine teeth is beacause our ancestors ate meat and eventually we evolved to having teeth that were for eating meat. but now there are alternatives to meat so i see no reason as to eat meat anymore.


well im not a vegitarian... because animals eat animals always have aways will eating other animals is a part of life...It's not near a abuse eat or be eaten. Im against al typs of abuse but eating meat isnt abusive it's life animals do it and since were animals we do to its the way god intended it.


yes i have realized that. but animals do this with only their survival skills. Unlike humans. They raise some cows and keep locked up in a small cage so that their muscles can get weaker and there will be less resistance when they kill them. same for pigs. and some are even put through some crazy slaughter machine alive and concious of everything thats happening to them. so its not really the same as how animals get their food. Im sure this isnt the way god intended us to do with animals. There is no possible way that this would be ok to do in his eyes. besides humans can learn to adapt to things such as not eating meat. so i would say it is better to eat vegetarian.


you have your own beliefs on the matter and I respect that I realise what they do to cows and pigs humans use mechanics that they have adapted enough to create like snakes have adapted to use poisen to torture the animals they eat until they die snakes and spiders much like humans use the same methods for killing in diffrent ways spiders entrap inject poison and wait till they die to eat while some snakes coil around there vctimes and inject poison which is a faster method than the ones that humans or spiders use. Hence the survival skills that animals use are similar but spaced out in diffrent ways useing diffrent methods. Also with the fact that spiders eat there own children and mates also. And I'm certain that you can agree with me with the fact that spiders are increadablly smart creaters and there is not one spider that doesn't eat other species.


Ok you make a good point about the snakes and spiders. But those are unique qualities that those two creatures have. Humans have different qualities. Such as being able to use aposable thumbs and learning how to build and other things. We also have a high level of intelligence. So we should be able to realize that some things might be cruel if we do it a certain way.Such as the way we get our meat nowadays. I mean these animals that are used for meat are raised to just end up being killed. Never getting a chance for survival. Im sure they dont want to end up growing up to be someone's cheeseburger or steak. We have the capability to make a change and a difference for some animals that could have a chance for life. So i say why not give them a chance? I know i wouldnt like to be someone's lunch and I know I would like a chance to be free and to live my life. Besides its like I said before we have alternatives for meat made of soy and wheat and such. And it tastes good. I used to eat meat and compared to what i used to eat, it tastes the same. And i feel less guilty cause I'm not eating an inoccent creature. So It would be better to leave animals be and not eat them. You should try a meat alternative. Im assuming you haven't tried a vegan burger or anything like that. If you have I apologize.


Well I'm sorry that you feel sorry for being human but either way the cows will end up like the deer and become carnivores also resulting to eating us and from the way your sounding to me your going to allow that to happen. I'm not saying that what their doing isnt wrong I'm saying that its ridiculous that people like you feel the need to completelly damage your being for the sake of animals that will over populate and will end up eating meat also. Your saying that humans are the only ones doing cruel and heartless thing when in reality. In the real world every animal that was in our place with our advantages would do the same. And don't tell me what I should and shouldnt do because my ways of thinking have more of a ability to help everyone unlike yours. Also animals do cruel things every day using things that they can use like humans do your so blind sighted that you cant see that. Try thinking of methods to help that can help everyone and not just one part of the situation wars are caused because of the way your thinking. Or explaining it your not helping your cause your hurting it more and more.


So your saying that cows are gonna run out of grass to eat and decide to eat meat? I highly doubt that. Cows are herbivores. And so are a lot of other animals. Yes i know there are many animals that would do the things humans do if they were in our place and if they had our advantages. But some dont. There are some animals that suffer and get tortured because of some other creatures and humans who feel like they are superior. There are some who woud have sympathy for others. Some who would like to make a peaceful resolution. Not all animals have hate within them. I know there are some who would do what i do if they were in my position. Blindsighted? You claim im blindsighted? I know animals fight and kill each other. But thats not all animals in this world. You say my method is damaging my cause instead of helping it. Well what you are doing is damaging more than what im doing. Eventually humans will reach the numbers of the animals in this world and we will run out of animals. With so many endangered species in this world it might just happen. And those people who cant stand to live without meat might do something comepletely outrages. One day some might get an urge so bad they might eat another human. And as they start eating each other their numbers will decrease and keep decreasing till they eat each other out of existence. So when those of us left who are able to live a vegetarian life will be able to live without having to eat meat. I say your blindsighted. And sure some wars start cause of my way of thinking but i know that your way of thinking has caused more wars. My way of thinking is trying to make peace. But apparently eating meat and letting some inoccent animals die is better. So if we feel like keeping animal population low so that the animals wont "overpopulate" us is a good idea, then you might be trying to start some interspecies war to see who will survive in this world. All im trying to do is make peace with the creatures with these animals. And i know there are many who would appreciate this. Also i didnt tell you to do anything. I recommended something to you. Something that could help out some of the animals of this world.
Member
29540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / fgfhgfhg
Offline
Posted 8/26/08


Thats what peple said about deers the would be used to be herbivores now they eat meat like any other. Me being blindsighted is unorthidox on so many levels and I find ways to help both sides unlike ignorant people like you. Scientifically your unhealthy and there are other people who eat other humans instead of animals satisfied? I bet you are. I bet you'll just love seeing that if it saves a animals life try seeing from both sides instead of one because you sound really ignorant. I can understand were your coming from I have fought for helpless animals but I'll also stand up for the human race as well. And there are almost no animal that has respect for others animals defend there own which you fail to comprehend. And yes with the diminishing green life the cows will do what they have to to survive and that includes eating meet why don't you try doing something useful and try to stop the people destroying the stuff that the animals eat? Instead of eating the vegtables also because if you havent noticed plants are alive also. so either way your eating something thats living and also I suppoise that you only eat vegtables and meat repplascement? The most unhealthy lifestyle I have heard of. Other than starvation. Also your apoctoliptic view on the future is entirely unlikely. And I can understand about making peace but there are smarter ways to do so. Like defending animals from being tested or being run over from the heartless people who dont care enough to stop driving. Things that the animals would notice and appreciate. There are better ways to help and those ways help both sides in many ways it's better to see from both perspectives then from only one. Also those who think for both sides are neutral not on either side which is fairly obvious with any one with a functional brain. I think for the well being for both humans and animals I give everything for any cause that I see fit from starving children to the homeless people to abused animals. Alll you do is stop eating meat I give every cent of cash that my parents allow me to to help people. I protect creatures that cant protect themselves. I help people who don't deserve help. I help things that people dont even consider worth the help so don't say I'm blindsighted. I see from all views I am the type to give all chances not singling out a bad guy. You do. Your saying that the best side is the animals side when it's not always so. Sometimes you have to think of people also because there are people starving without food they have millions of animals around them yet they dont kill them. Are you saying there starvation is better then not killing a animal? What about the homeless people who can't even afford food they'd kill to be abe to make the choice of what they ate. I respect your decision but I wont let you single out humans were omnivores were made to eat both for a reason. You can't blame people for living. It's cold hearted. And I realize to you there cold hearted for what they do but realize that there is worth meat eaters arent the worst problem in this world in fact it's the last thing we should be thinking about. I think that we can both agree in saying that there is much worse happening to both humans and animals and it's not right to think of only one side. I'm sorry but that's the truth and if you can't handle that it's not my fault.
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 8/27/08 , edited 8/27/08

kotetsu683 wrote:



Thats what peple said about deers the would be used to be herbivores now they eat meat like any other. Me being blindsighted is unorthidox on so many levels and I find ways to help both sides unlike ignorant people like you. Scientifically your unhealthy and there are other people who eat other humans instead of animals satisfied? I bet you are. I bet you'll just love seeing that if it saves a animals life try seeing from both sides instead of one because you sound really ignorant. I can understand were your coming from I have fought for helpless animals but I'll also stand up for the human race as well. And there are almost no animal that has respect for others animals defend there own which you fail to comprehend. And yes with the diminishing green life the cows will do what they have to to survive and that includes eating meet why don't you try doing something useful and try to stop the people destroying the stuff that the animals eat? Instead of eating the vegtables also because if you havent noticed plants are alive also. so either way your eating something thats living and also I suppoise that you only eat vegtables and meat repplascement? The most unhealthy lifestyle I have heard of. Other than starvation. Also your apoctoliptic view on the future is entirely unlikely. And I can understand about making peace but there are smarter ways to do so. Like defending animals from being tested or being run over from the heartless people who dont care enough to stop driving. Things that the animals would notice and appreciate. There are better ways to help and those ways help both sides in many ways it's better to see from both perspectives then from only one. Also those who think for both sides are neutral not on either side which is fairly obvious with any one with a functional brain. I think for the well being for both humans and animals I give everything for any cause that I see fit from starving children to the homeless people to abused animals. Alll you do is stop eating meat I give every cent of cash that my parents allow me to to help people. I protect creatures that cant protect themselves. I help people who don't deserve help. I help things that people dont even consider worth the help so don't say I'm blindsighted. I see from all views I am the type to give all chances not singling out a bad guy. You do. Your saying that the best side is the animals side when it's not always so. Sometimes you have to think of people also because there are people starving without food they have millions of animals around them yet they dont kill them. Are you saying there starvation is better then not killing a animal? What about the homeless people who can't even afford food they'd kill to be abe to make the choice of what they ate. I respect your decision but I wont let you single out humans were omnivores were made to eat both for a reason. You can't blame people for living. It's cold hearted. And I realize to you there cold hearted for what they do but realize that there is worth meat eaters arent the worst problem in this world in fact it's the last thing we should be thinking about. I think that we can both agree in saying that there is much worse happening to both humans and animals and it's not right to think of only one side. I'm sorry but that's the truth and if you can't handle that it's not my fault.


Ok yeah its true about the deers. But why would you predict that about the cows? There are millions and millions of people each day helping the environment by planting trees or cleaning up rivers, etc. Im one of those millions of people. I never said I only ate vegetarian. Look I never bothered to mention some of the things that I do to help the environment because well the subject never came up. But now seeing as Im so ignorant, i guess i could let you in on what I do. I plant trees, clean rivers, volunteer, donate, charity, and protest on things I disapprove on. Im sure you do some or most of these things to. Maybe more. I dont know. But i do know is that Im not very ignorant. I never said I hated the human race. Am I happy about the fact that what i had predicted is already happening? NO. Im not happy. Its sick ok. I think the human race deserves chances too. I mean yes my view of this apocalyptic future isnt very well described, but its happening anyways And I really hate that fact. I dont want that to happen more than it already is. And you keep saying that Im only with the animals. Not true. Im also for the the poor, and needy, and just anyone who needs help. Im not a bad guy. Yes even I help out people who dont really seem to need it. I would help out just about anybody who seems to need it. Saying that Im only for the animals is saying like I dont care about us. I have family which I love a lot. And friends I care about a lot too. And they have friends that they care about. And those friends have families that they love, and so on, and so on. Just cause someone eats meat doesnt mean im not gonna help them. I noticed you talked about those people who dont have any choice of what they eat cause they are so poor and going through poverty. I truly understand that. I never said they should stop eating meat. I said those people who have the advantages. Advantages as in having a home, getting money, being able to live a good life. Those people should be able to make the change. I mean it wont kill them to eat vegetarian. But you claim its the unhealthy. OK there are upsides and downsides to everytype of eating style. Lets look at vegetarian style. You do know that Healthy vegetarian diets are much better for your health than eating meat, and it gives you more protection from lots of diseases you can get from eating meat. Including our country’s three biggest killers: heart disease, cancer, and strokes. Also The American Dietetic Association states that vegetarians have “lower rates of death from ischemic heart disease; … lower blood cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer”. Well-planned vegetarian diets provide us with all the nutrients that we need, minus all the saturated fat, cholesterol, and contaminants found in animal flesh, eggs, and dairy products. Also know that vegetarians ususally have a better immune system than meat eaters. That protect against the flu, and such things like that. And vegetarians and vegans on average live about 6-10 years longer than meat eaters. That is why I know that we dont really need to eat meat. And i know there are some downs to being vegetarian. Vegetarians have higher risks of some types of cancers that you can only get from getting too much amino acids found in vegetables. And things with soy too. Too much of it can give you some cancers that you cant get with meat as well. But i look at what I eat, then I look at some of the things they are making with meat. I mean there are some monstrosities made of meat that just dont look healthy at all. Like the other day i saw an ad for this :
I mean look at it! It looks sick. I know this isnt the best example of meat to show. But this is a perfect example of what they are doing with meat now. They are just stacking it all on top of another putting in between two buns and calling it a meal. Thats no meal. Its an easy way to get heart disease thats for sure. See i would rather seem "unhealthy" and eat a salad than be "healthy" and eat....that! gross. And also yes there are animals run over all the time. But they are usually just accidents. My dad's friend ran over a cat one time. He said it was an accident and my dad said so too. The cat was running too quickly and they could stop in time. OK . Sometimes its not that they want to kill it. Its mostly always accidents. You cant call someone heartless if they run over an animal. Its sad but not something that people want to do. My dad is not heartless. And his friend isnt heartless for that accident. And sometimes there are drunks driving who cause an amazing amount of damage. And yeah we should stop animal testing. I have protested against that. So i know about these things. Its not like I havent thought about it. Look I dont really know what your getting at about me. Maybe you hate me, maybe you dont. I know i dont hate you for eating meat. I never decided to brand you some name such as "ignorant" just cause of some things that you said. I didnt jump to conclusions about you cause i know i would probably be wrong. And you couldnt be more wrong about me being ignorant. One last thing. The reason i started this forum is because i just wanted some friendly conversation with other vegetarians. Maybe we could share on some of the things we do. I never meant to start this whole conversation about who is doing worse for the planet. Or maybe its an arguement. I respect you decision and you have full right to say what you have to say. But this is just not what i wanted for this forum. So look I say we call it truce. I would rather be your friend than an enemy. If you dont like me thats fine too. But i just wanted to conversate with some other vegetarians cause i feel like im the only one in my home. I apologize for anything i have said that might have offended you.
Member
29540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / fgfhgfhg
Offline
Posted 8/27/08


Dude I just woke up for school and you give me this long ass message to read. So I'm not going to awnser to everything. So yes truce because this is starting to give me a headache.^^ Thanks I havent ad a good argument in a while
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.