Created by kiluanne93
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your favourite History of Place do you like to study the most?
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/08 , edited 8/7/08
Seeing that The Art of War is a very broad topic that can cover a lot of ranges I would like to break it down. I really think that this poll will fail miserably , but I believe that it is a chance for me to contribute something. I spend my time in the polls so I figured that making a poll would be nice. When I use the unofficial term of "history of place" I mean the location in which you find the history the history catches your interests. Its an attempt.

I know that Latin American History often traces back to European but there are specific times that captures you, if you understand. I'm not trying to sound fantastic or over-the-top.

VOTE! please. Tell why? when?where specifically?who? I want to hear. I wanna know. I wanna learn!

(I seriously think asian will win this one for sure)
Member
885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / florida
Offline
Posted 8/23/08 , edited 8/23/08
japan is so awesome ive never been but i plan on going soon
Tokyo,Hokkaido,Osaka everywhere in japan.
the thing that caught my eyes were the sakura blossoms.
the first thing i want to do when i get there is take up kendo and archery.
im gonna buy anime,mangas,pocky,and my fav rune
i do that here put japan seems like so much fun.i want to learn how to
use my katana.
i went to japan in epcot[disney] i bought pocky and rune first time
now im addicted to orange flavored rune.
oops sorry whenever i talk about japan i go on forever
Gomennasai [im not Japanese just learning]

now im full of energy and hyped up wat to do?
Member
824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
Latin American History - it amaizing because of the way it succeded in mixing the old (the native features) and the new brought by the conqueres, conquerers that finally were subdue by their own subjects! i think is one of th most beautiful and cruel "histories".

also if i can choose one a history - that will be also the history of art, because Japanese art had a great influnece upon European art from the XIX century (especially the Impressionism). and the most amaizing thing is how the beauty and grace of Japanese art (stamps = ukiyoe ) was discovered in such a humble way - in 1850 (if i am not wrong) a French engraver found in a shallow shop some stamps by Hokusai which were used for wrapping some porcelain objects..well from that moment on the interest for Japanese art increased. as for contemporary Japanese art i think (and that is just my personal oppion!) Aya Kato is one of the best digital painters. her art is exquisite and refined, yet very traditional.
10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 10/29/08
Well I love all History but I have to go with Asian, and I don't mean just Japan. The history of Angkor Wat is of great interest to me. I had the privilege to pay to get on an expedition to Cambodia. South Asia has such a rich history that few know about. The "second cradle of civilization" which is Asia(not my words and this area is up for debate in the Archeology perspective; however most archeology and anthropology classes teach this but not all) is full of a rich and diverse history that is still shrouded in mystery even though they have excellent written records, but I must admit most of those who bore you after a while you can only read about rice expenditures before you go did anything else happen besides you harvested this much for the emperor? Any way I still find new things to learn about the cultures and people who I admire so much.
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

narutoandcooro wrote:

japan is so awesome ive never been but i plan on going soon
Tokyo,Hokkaido,Osaka everywhere in japan.
the thing that caught my eyes were the sakura blossoms.
the first thing i want to do when i get there is take up kendo and archery.
im gonna buy anime,mangas,pocky,and my fav rune
i do that here put japan seems like so much fun.i want to learn how to
use my katana.
i went to japan in epcot[disney] i bought pocky and rune first time
now im addicted to orange flavored rune.
oops sorry whenever i talk about japan i go on forever
Gomennasai [im not Japanese just learning]

now im full of energy and hyped up wat to do?

haha. please, share so more. I want to hear more. I want to read forever and ever.lol. More importantlyI am interested in why more than what. This is the art of war lol. Its a requirement to write long posts/replies.lol XD just kidding just kidding. but I appreciate your thoughts. I love pock too!! Never been to japan, but one day.

10410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Somewhere in the US
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

kiluanne93 wrote:


narutoandcooro wrote:

japan is so awesome ive never been but i plan on going soon
Tokyo,Hokkaido,Osaka everywhere in japan.
the thing that caught my eyes were the sakura blossoms.
the first thing i want to do when i get there is take up kendo and archery.
im gonna buy anime,mangas,pocky,and my fav rune
i do that here put japan seems like so much fun.i want to learn how to
use my katana.
i went to japan in epcot[disney] i bought pocky and rune first time
now im addicted to orange flavored rune.
oops sorry whenever i talk about japan i go on forever
Gomennasai [im not Japanese just learning]

now im full of energy and hyped up wat to do?

haha. please, share so more. I want to hear more. I want to read forever and ever.lol. More importantlyI am interested in why more than what. This is the art of war lol. Its a requirement to write long posts/replies.lol XD just kidding just kidding. but I appreciate your thoughts. I love pock too!! Never been to japan, but one day.



You know you don't have to go to Japan to buy Pocky. Buying it here is the same only cheaper. They sell it in most regular grocery stores here. My favorite is Ramune, it's harder to find, but I finally found a store that sells it.
Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

silverfizz wrote:


kiluanne93 wrote:


narutoandcooro wrote:

japan is so awesome ive never been but i plan on going soon
Tokyo,Hokkaido,Osaka everywhere in japan.
the thing that caught my eyes were the sakura blossoms.
the first thing i want to do when i get there is take up kendo and archery.
im gonna buy anime,mangas,pocky,and my fav rune
i do that here put japan seems like so much fun.i want to learn how to
use my katana.
i went to japan in epcot[disney] i bought pocky and rune first time
now im addicted to orange flavored rune.
oops sorry whenever i talk about japan i go on forever
Gomennasai [im not Japanese just learning]

now im full of energy and hyped up wat to do?

haha. please, share so more. I want to hear more. I want to read forever and ever.lol. More importantlyI am interested in why more than what. This is the art of war lol. Its a requirement to write long posts/replies.lol XD just kidding just kidding. but I appreciate your thoughts. I love pock too!! Never been to japan, but one day.



You know you don't have to go to Japan to buy Pocky. Buying it here is the same only cheaper. They sell it in most regular grocery stores here. My favorite is Ramune, it's harder to find, but I finally found a store that sells it.


oh I know that! lol. I but it at wall mart or that one cd store in the mall its name consists of initials...i think its DYE or something. you can buy other japanese candy there. lol I buy my poki at walmart. :). I went to the morikami museum and bought some chopsticks and candy. I'm not a candy person but they were worth a try.
Member
885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / florida
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
you mean fye at unveritymall right.lol
im going there tomorrow im gonna bye some rune yum
Head Moderator
10508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 9/20/08
...Asian history is winning...what a surprise

Well, I personally, don't think I could choose. There are interesting things that happened all over the world.
Posted 9/24/08
I rather pick none of them, seeing how I really don't like history even though I seem to get good grades in my history classes. But I get into asian history stuff now and then, I think

Moderator
6618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

Raze22 wrote:

I rather pick none of them, seeing how I really don't like history even though I seem to get good grades in my history classes. But I get into asian history stuff now and then, I think



lol, your like me. I'm no history person either. I'm a math person. but yet I'm here. =)
Member
1967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/08
On the subject,in history we all share almost the same.There are cultural differance but still empires were all built the same.
Member
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 10/30/08
i suppose european history, but lately i've been getting into ancient chinese military history. they were so advanced, its not even funny
Owner
4444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 10/30/08

MEMPHADON wrote:

i suppose european history, but lately i've been getting into ancient chinese military history. they were so advanced, its not even funny


I am not too knowledgeable about Chinese history, but I ascertain the notion that they were so advanced supporting that they were using firearms nearly 8 centuries before they widely found use in the rest of the world.
Member
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 10/30/08

Ice_Blue_Eyes wrote:


MEMPHADON wrote:

i suppose european history, but lately i've been getting into ancient chinese military history. they were so advanced, its not even funny


I am not too knowledgeable about Chinese history, but I ascertain the notion that they were so advanced supporting that they were using firearms nearly 8 centuries before they widely found use in the rest of the world.


and their metal technology, crossbow technology, and level of organization was extremely impressive as well. they had crossbows hundreds of years before they became popular in europe. in fact soldiers of the Han Dynasty defeated Romans in the only engagement between the two armies in history by using their crossbows.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.