First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Anime Class in school
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/08


Really? What were you watching and what class was it?

sayonara zetsubo sensei---i just watched a few eps of that again(since its mute cmon cant fully enjoi it w/o the audio)
, but my laptop died so i reverted to my ipod where i watched a few eps of genshiken
and some more
sayonara zetsubo sensei
ep 11 and 12

its a 4 hr class of course just so you know and it gets painfully boring
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Abington, Pennsyl...
Offline
Posted 8/7/08
Itd be nice, but that would never happen..
Just go make a club.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/08


that happened already,
2 days ago to be exact. i just laughed for like 5 min strait or so but so was my friend since he was laughing about something else

university--
its not like those uptight teachers in high school or middle school



Really? What were you watching and what class was it?


further proof just in case ive been doubted

Posted 8/7/08
wtf question is this
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

kenshin514 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:


kenshin514 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:


kenshin514 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:

No and it shall not be possible.


Haha, it's very possible. There is a university that teach you about anime and manga. Here is the source:

http://animearimasu.animeblogger.net/2007/12/06/anime-graduate-program/



Starting next year, the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts will have something that’s long overdue for an otaku-rich country: a two-year graduate degree in anime production–the first for a non-private institution in Japan. Courses will be taught by full-time professionals from the anime world including Koji Yamamura, and students will leave with two or three full-fledged works under their belt.


That is about anime production. The thread maker is suggesting an anime class wherein you will only study about anime. Moreover, I don't see this as a surprise because some course like Digital Arts and Design focuses on animation too--- Coincidentally, Digital Arts and Design is a 2 year program too.


There is different between anime and animation. I didn't try to show you that you are wrong or anything. I just want to post and show other people that there is class that teach about anime not just digital art design for animation.


I see. But sorry to tell you that I've read that somewhere in animenewsnetwork.com for more than months already.... And anime is a type of animation.


Like I said I didn't plan to send that to you. I want to post so someone that hasn't read it before will be able to read. You just happen to say "No and it shall not be possible" which kinda goes well to what I about to say. Beside, I read that article like a year ago.

Well, you have your own opinion. Yes, I know that anime is type of animation. However, in my mind I will think animation is like something like American movies: Finding Nemo, Alvin and the Chipmunks and other from Walt Disney. Japanese Anime to me is more than just that. It's deep, attractive, entertaining, and I can't just difine it as only animation.


while i can see where you're coming from, i think you're getting things a little mixed up. I believe the keyword here is animation. While american animation may appear to be childish in it's many forms such as movies like Cars, Finding Nemo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc., it doesn't mean it is an less attractive. That's really just personal preference. They all start out the same anyways; as drawings on paper. So in terms of strictly animation, the only difference is the visuals, which of course is going to be different. What I believe you find "deep, attractive, and entertaining" is most likely the story behind the animation. The themes that japanese anime takes on range from being childish to being much more mature, whereas many of the themes seen in american animation can be seen as childish, and purely for entertainment of an underdeveloped mind.

I guess the real reason i've said so much is because you say that you realize that anime is a type of animation. But then you say that for you, the animation is deep, attractive, and entertaining, and not just animation. You're arguing the difference between "animation" and "anime" which are in fact the same thing. I guess by today's standards when one refers to "japanese anime" they mean not only the animation, but also the story behind it, as opposed to "american animation" which refers only to the visuals.

I dunno...i feel i'm digressing now so i'll stop. But I hope you see where i'm coming from. It's not that you're completely wrong, it's just hard to know what you're trying to say with something along the lines of "one animation is more appealing to me than this animation" when animation is animation.
1379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / BOSTON
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME BUT I DONT THINK THEY WILL HAVE IT IN SCHOOL
T_N
742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / In front of the c...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
I think it's a nice idea. And for people who say school is just for education and not fun, my school had a bunch of classes where you can pick three of a few classes that you'll then only take once a week and one of the ones I picked was a class where all we did was watch danish movies and then we did a tiny project about each one. It was purely fun and if it were put as a class you can pick then people who don't like anime can just not pick it ^^
I would go to that class =)
3228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / United State/Cali...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
No, this shouldn't be possible in America. But my school has it, It's call "Japaneses Animation S something.
3241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Clay Birdy
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
that is just stupid!

if you want to learn about anime,,,,take an animation class in kind of some college...learning about anime isnt really needed
1635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / boring world -.-
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
i only know anime club and college got o.O...
1216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Neo-Venezia, CA
Offline
Posted 8/8/08 , edited 8/8/08

Odorobou wrote:


kenshin514 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:


kenshin514 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:


kenshin514 wrote:


SimplyBill wrote:

No and it shall not be possible.


Haha, it's very possible. There is a university that teach you about anime and manga. Here is the source:

http://animearimasu.animeblogger.net/2007/12/06/anime-graduate-program/



Starting next year, the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts will have something that’s long overdue for an otaku-rich country: a two-year graduate degree in anime production–the first for a non-private institution in Japan. Courses will be taught by full-time professionals from the anime world including Koji Yamamura, and students will leave with two or three full-fledged works under their belt.


That is about anime production. The thread maker is suggesting an anime class wherein you will only study about anime. Moreover, I don't see this as a surprise because some course like Digital Arts and Design focuses on animation too--- Coincidentally, Digital Arts and Design is a 2 year program too.


There is different between anime and animation. I didn't try to show you that you are wrong or anything. I just want to post and show other people that there is class that teach about anime not just digital art design for animation.


I see. But sorry to tell you that I've read that somewhere in animenewsnetwork.com for more than months already.... And anime is a type of animation.


Like I said I didn't plan to send that to you. I want to post so someone that hasn't read it before will be able to read. You just happen to say "No and it shall not be possible" which kinda goes well to what I about to say. Beside, I read that article like a year ago.

Well, you have your own opinion. Yes, I know that anime is type of animation. However, in my mind I will think animation is like something like American movies: Finding Nemo, Alvin and the Chipmunks and other from Walt Disney. Japanese Anime to me is more than just that. It's deep, attractive, entertaining, and I can't just difine it as only animation.


while i can see where you're coming from, i think you're getting things a little mixed up. I believe the keyword here is animation. While american animation may appear to be childish in it's many forms such as movies like Cars, Finding Nemo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc., it doesn't mean it is an less attractive. That's really just personal preference. They all start out the same anyways; as drawings on paper. So in terms of strictly animation, the only difference is the visuals, which of course is going to be different. What I believe you find "deep, attractive, and entertaining" is most likely the story behind the animation. The themes that japanese anime takes on range from being childish to being much more mature, whereas many of the themes seen in american animation can be seen as childish, and purely for entertainment of an underdeveloped mind.

I guess the real reason i've said so much is because you say that you realize that anime is a type of animation. But then you say that for you, the animation is deep, attractive, and entertaining, and not just animation. You're arguing the difference between "animation" and "anime" which are in fact the same thing. I guess by today's standards when one refers to "japanese anime" they mean not only the animation, but also the story behind it, as opposed to "american animation" which refers only to the visuals.

I dunno...i feel i'm digressing now so i'll stop. But I hope you see where i'm coming from. It's not that you're completely wrong, it's just hard to know what you're trying to say with something along the lines of "one animation is more appealing to me than this animation" when animation is animation.



Sorry, I guess I won't argue anymore. I was trying to say and butt my way out that I'm not wrong for saying anime isn't animation but I guess I just dig into a deeper hole so I'm sorry. After all anime didn't start from Japan.Also, I never think that american animation are not attractive or fun. After all, I watch and enjoy some american animation as well as the american movies that I mentioned before.

However, since I was born in Asian and I grew up with Japanese anime. I just find that anime that doesn't come from Japan. I just don't quite consider as a real anime. I find that anime world is separated from the other animation world. For example, there are bunch of words or culture that if you don't watch anime then you won't understand what they mean and I find thats' what make Japanese anime is unique on its own. That's just my personal opinion and I'm sure that most people don't agree with me but that's how I believe. I apologize for my rudeness but please understand where I'm coming from. Thank you
1269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

boredomland wrote:

no...id probably end up hating anime then cuz school finds a way to make just about everything suck...plus how the heck is anime a subject? you wont learn anything from watching endless shows about how some random stuff happens to someone...if anything it'll make us stupider >.>...is stupider a word? O.o god im gonna fail grammar soon...


Well , schools don't make everything suck , my teacher makes teaching fun . High Elements are ... scary O.o
221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Orlando, FL
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
I think I would find a way to fail that class as well! Besides curriculum anime watching just sounds disturbing. What if there was an entire semester on chibi princess anime? I'd kill myself.
76131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
if that happens i'm goint to school w/o hesitation lol
1112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / london
Offline
Posted 8/8/08 , edited 8/8/08
putting anime in school would ruin it*...completly!

~it would take all the fun out of it~

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.