First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Spirits/ghosts, angels, and demons. Do they exists?
4559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 8/8/08 , edited 8/8/08
A lot of people say no because all spiritual accounts could be explained as psychological breakdowns or halucinations. But to me those kind of explainations are not valid because they come from people who have never felt spiritual energy.
Because they reject the idea those people will never be open to experience such things and when it does become possible for them to experience it they just reject what is happening to them. In other words, the world we know is not entirely, or may not even be, materialist.
16316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
Yes, i've seen one when i was little, plus a few creepy encounters. It's common in some parts of India.
2115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / OuO
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
I have had my encounters with spirits, none that have been creepy though, they were all...calming. o-O
5840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / stalking you
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
yeah, i saw a little boy at the front door but when i rubbed my eyes no one was there(it was 4am)
293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Middle of Nowhere
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
They exists to me. I used to see them all the time.
The last I encountered them was probably about a year ago
So yeah...they exist :O
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Tellme_MeiMei wrote:

yeah, i saw a little boy at the front door but when i rubbed my eyes no one was there(it was 4am)


lol everytime i see that moving pic i stare at it for like 2 minutes..... well ok anyways hmm i guess so, ive seen a few of those japanese spirit videos a few times and i know they coul dbe fake but ahh who knows
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
I'm not really sure if I believe in spirits. I'd have to see one.
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
I belive in spirits and spirital contact
5103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Awesomeville
Offline
Posted 8/8/08


Posting 5 times in succession, coupled with meaningless posts are to be considered as spam.

On topic, ghosts or the existence of paranormal entities would only be heightened and made true if the mind conceives them to be as such. Pre-conditioning works by committing to memory these notions of the existence of an object or an entity.

Whether these sightings are hallucinations or the real thing, it can only be justified if that person experiencing that event would believe it to be true and not his mind doing tricks on him. This is the funny thing about how our brain works, you can either dismiss an event to be insignificant or profess its reality to the confined of one's own mind.

I personally wouldn't want to believe that there are spirits amongst us, but then all these media and text have influenced me in such a way that not believing they exist could only mean that I am in denial.
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / inside your mind..
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
if people will believe.. then the answer will be yes.. if they don't.. then no..
4559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

WeeBoX wrote:



Posting 5 times in succession, coupled with meaningless posts are to be considered as spam.

On topic, ghosts or the existence of paranormal entities would only be heightened and made true if the mind conceives them to be as such. Pre-conditioning works by committing to memory these notions of the existence of an object or an entity.

Whether these sightings are hallucinations or the real thing, it can only be justified if that person experiencing that event would believe it to be true and not his mind doing tricks on him. This is the funny thing about how our brain works, you can either dismiss an event to be insignificant or profess its reality to the confined of one's own mind.

I personally wouldn't want to believe that there are spirits amongst us, but then all these media and text have influenced me in such a way that not believing they exist could only mean that I am in denial.


Sometimes it makes me wonder if people have to see things to believe in things. Like, do people have to go back in history just to validate history in a textbook? Do we have to be part of the Holocaust just to realize it actually happened?
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

crunchypibb wrote:
Sometimes it makes me wonder if people have to see things to believe in things. Like, do people have to go back in history just to validate history in a textbook? Do we have to be part of the Holocaust just to realize it actually happened?


No, we don't have to because we know that all the things that happened during the holocaust and all other historic events are within humans' abilities (I dunno if that makes sense). We know that any leader of any major nation could command their army to go out and capture people and force them into concentration camps right now if they wanted to. But since ghosts aren't walking through everyone's walls all the time every day, and many of the people who supposedly see them tend to be uneducated, or mentally unstable in some way, or have over-active imaginations, it's hard for the idea to be widely accepted.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/8/08
i dont think its possible to see them or talk to them , like those phycics or w/e those are all fake.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

i dont think its possible to see them or talk to them , like those phycics or w/e those are all fake.


If we can't interact with them or observe them in any way, then how do we know that they are real?
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

i dont think its possible to see them or talk to them , like those phycics or w/e those are all fake.


If we can't interact with them or observe them in any way, then how do we know that they are real?


a gut feeling, faith, belief. like god for example. he is always with us but we cant see him.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Katorulez93 wrote:

a gut feeling, faith, belief. like god for example. he is always with us but we cant see him.


So why can't everyone feel them? And how can we be sure that it's a ghost and not bad gas?

God is supposedly beyond human comprehension, so I don't think it's really fair to compare him to ghosts.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:

a gut feeling, faith, belief. like god for example. he is always with us but we cant see him.


So why can't everyone feel them? And how can we be sure that it's a ghost and not bad gas?

God is supposedly beyond human comprehension, so I don't think it's really fair to compare him to ghosts.


we cant feel them. bad gas? what does that have to do with anything? ghosts and spirits are there but we cant feel, smell, or see them. its impossible. of course he is beyond human comprehension. What im saying is that ghosts and spirts etc etc cant be seen or touched, like god. untill death yuo cannot see them
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Katorulez93 wrote:
we cant feel them. bad gas? what does that have to do with anything? ghosts and spirits are there but we cant feel, smell, or see them. its impossible. of course he is beyond human comprehension. What im saying is that ghosts and spirts etc etc cant be seen or touched, like god. untill death yuo cannot see them


By bad gas, I meant that the "gut feeling" you get might just be indigestion. That still doesn't tell me how we can be sure that we feel a ghost. If we can't sense them in any way then how do we know that they exist? It can't be faith, because there aren't very many people (if any) who base their lifestyle and beliefs on dead people wandering around. I've never seen or heard of any large gatherings of ghost worshipers.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/8/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Katorulez93 wrote:
we cant feel them. bad gas? what does that have to do with anything? ghosts and spirits are there but we cant feel, smell, or see them. its impossible. of course he is beyond human comprehension. What im saying is that ghosts and spirts etc etc cant be seen or touched, like god. untill death yuo cannot see them


By bad gas, I meant that the "gut feeling" you get might just be indigestion. That still doesn't tell me how we can be sure that we feel a ghost. If we can't sense them in any way then how do we know that they exist? It can't be faith, because there aren't very many people (if any) who base their lifestyle and beliefs on dead people wandering around. I've never seen or heard of any large gatherings of ghost worshipers.


what about Day of the dead? they do the whole ghost thing, but thats not what i meant. its hard to explain but i just dont believe humans can see dead people walking around, thats absurd. if you can find any proof for me then i'll believe it,but untill then.......
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.