First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Spirits/ghosts, angels, and demons. Do they exists?
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Many cases of "possession" turn out to be epilepsy or some type of mental instability.


x] who knows? sometimes doctors make mistakes with those anyway & people are really not sure about this situation like you said....
417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / HIdden Sound Village
Offline
Posted 4/27/09
i definitely believe in them..angels idk..
but the other yeshh...i know it's crazy but i've felt some presence of like ghosts before..but maybe it's just me being too weird..haha
5231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

mystic17 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


Many cases of "possession" turn out to be epilepsy or some type of mental instability.


x] who knows? sometimes doctors make mistakes with those anyway & people are really not sure about this situation like you said....


The people who aren't sure are usually the ones who don't know about neruological or mental disorders. Epilepsy is a pretty unique disorder (or rather a series of disorders), so I don't think it gets mistaken for other ailments by people who know what it is. As for "possessions" that don't involve seizures, a neruoimaging device would probably reveal some time of mental instability.

Being unsure of the situation doesn't mean that the first explanation you think of is the right one.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


mystic17 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


Many cases of "possession" turn out to be epilepsy or some type of mental instability.


x] who knows? sometimes doctors make mistakes with those anyway & people are really not sure about this situation like you said....


The people who aren't sure are usually the ones who don't know about neruological or mental disorders. Epilepsy is a pretty unique disorder (or rather a series of disorders), so I don't think it gets mistaken for other ailments by people who know what it is. As for "possessions" that don't involve seizures, a neruoimaging device would probably reveal some time of mental instability.

Being unsure of the situation doesn't mean that the first explanation you think of is the right one.


thats not what i meant when i said that, but whatever...we're spamming up this thread so lets move on shall we ^-^
5231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

mystic17 wrote:

thats not what i meant when i said that, but whatever...we're spamming up this thread so lets move on shall we ^-^


Discussing the topic isn't spamming. So what did you mean?
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


mystic17 wrote:

thats not what i meant when i said that, but whatever...we're spamming up this thread so lets move on shall we ^-^


Discussing the topic isn't spamming. So what did you mean?


wow i didn't know you quoted again lol anyway, im done talking about this okie?
46551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / demon world/spiri...
Offline
Posted 6/11/09
uhh maybe..can't tell
13675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 6/11/09
Nope i don believe in their existence...!!
...
4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/13/09
I think we just don't understand the true nature of ghosts, spirits etc. But first, angels and demons were just made by society, culture and religion just to show the difference between absolute good and absolute evil which doesn't exist in real life. Ghosts on the other hand, IMO, are psychic attachments of the deceased to the world, nothing spiritual about it.
5231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/13/09

Kill099 wrote:

I think we just don't understand the true nature of ghosts, spirits etc. But first, angels and demons were just made by society, culture and religion just to show the difference between absolute good and absolute evil which doesn't exist in real life. Ghosts on the other hand, IMO, are psychic attachments of the deceased to the world, nothing spiritual about it.


So if psychic "energy" isn't spiritual, then what is it?
1844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In The Abyss
Offline
Posted 6/13/09
You can't really say they exist or they don't, but being realistic, they don't. I think our whole fear of the dark, empty spaces and there being presences in them is because as living beings we have an instinct to naturally believe something may be there and to be ready for it. I think the whole idea is cool and great for stories, but what if a person who's actually experienced something exactly as explained from someone who said they'd 'seen a ghost' or 'felt a weird presence' denied that it was a spiritual existence because they were in their right mind and could analyze a situation completely? The entire argument only exists because of uncertainty. We can't exactly deny an existence we can't prove to be wrong because we can't see, smell, touch, hear, taste or in any way really 'sense' them and you can't say they do for the same reasons as well. There are obviously people going to say they had seen, felt, etc. a spirit, but in this topic will exist until the end of time just like religion since there is no proof denying or supporting it, only sources of information which are questionable.
4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/13/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Kill099 wrote:

I think we just don't understand the true nature of ghosts, spirits etc. But first, angels and demons were just made by society, culture and religion just to show the difference between absolute good and absolute evil which doesn't exist in real life. Ghosts on the other hand, IMO, are psychic attachments of the deceased to the world, nothing spiritual about it.


So if psychic "energy" isn't spiritual, then what is it?


Um, mental or brain wave energy? Again, nothing spiritual.
5231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/13/09 , edited 6/13/09

Kill099 wrote:


Um, mental or brain wave energy? Again, nothing spiritual.


In that case, ghosts would be made up of electricity, so we should be able to easily detect them (which we can't), and they shouldn't be slow-moving floating masses like they are often described because electricity doesn't wok that way.
4408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cavite, Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/14/09 , edited 6/14/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Kill099 wrote:


Um, mental or brain wave energy? Again, nothing spiritual.


In that case, ghosts would be made up of electricity, so we should be able to easily detect them (which we can't), and they shouldn't be slow-moving floating masses like they are often described because electricity doesn't wok that way.


Um, how did you arrive to the conclusion that ghosts are made of electricity? How can you say that we can easily detect electricity? Btw, are you sure that ghosts are slow floating masses? Or is that what you've known from watching too much tv?
5231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/14/09

Kill099 wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:


Kill099 wrote:


Um, mental or brain wave energy? Again, nothing spiritual.


In that case, ghosts would be made up of electricity, so we should be able to easily detect them (which we can't), and they shouldn't be slow-moving floating masses like they are often described because electricity doesn't wok that way.


Um, how did you arrive to the conclusion that ghosts are made of electricity? How can you say that we can easily detect electricity? Btw, are you sure that ghosts are slow floating masses? Or is that what you've known from watching too much tv?


You said that they are made of brain waves, which is electricity. We can easily detect it because we can hear it and feel it. I'm sure you've felt static electricity plenty of times, and that you've heard various electrical machines whining, that is what you would hear and feel if a ghost is made of electricity.

All I know of ghosts is what I see in TV/movies and hear in stories, since those are the only places they exist, and in all of them depict ghosts as entities that move at various speeds or stay in place as they wish, which electricity isn't able to do.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.