First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Hijab: Oppression or beauty?
Posted 5/21/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


Mohamed_Husain wrote:
Islam states in the holy book that Hijab is compulsory for a woman to protect herself from being molested.


That's great and all, but when someone wants to molest you he'll molest you regardless of how much clothing you're wearing. Other than that, if it were true that the hijab saves one from getting molested then why are there still rape cases in those countries where the hijab is a must-have? Not even mentioning how many cases are being kept in silence because of the harsh consequences that might meet you.

Not going to forget to mention that if it were true that Muslim kids were taught the right way from small on then there would be no such thing as "molest" in those places therefore no need for hijabs. By your logic one must deduce that Muslims are by default good people and therefore why would the women there need to worry about getting molested if 99% of the surrounding men are Muslim?

Either way, I'm not criticising the existence of hijabs, I'm just referring to the flawed logic that's being used to justify the existence of hijabs; protect women from getting molested.


You made a very good point. Even if a Muslim women wear hijab, men are still going to be perverts. As the matter of fact, men (but not all) are still going to molest women weather if the women wears hijab or not.
2066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
Burqas seem oppressive if u ask me

but HIjab's don't seem like anything but a head dress to me

3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
it has nothing to do with us, it has nothing to do with us, it has nothing to do with us one last time IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US

its a different religion, different culture hell might as well be an other world to you !

how do you think they judge you ? with your G Strings skimpy bikinin's high heels skinny jeans etc etc

anyway i dont give a shit, im not Muslim.
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bahrain
Offline
Posted 5/21/09 , edited 5/21/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


Mohamed_Husain wrote:
Islam states in the holy book that Hijab is compulsory for a woman to protect herself from being molested.


That's great and all, but when someone wants to molest you he'll molest you regardless of how much clothing you're wearing. Other than that, if it were true that the hijab saves one from getting molested then why are there still rape cases in those countries where the hijab is a must-have? Not even mentioning how many cases are being kept in silence because of the harsh consequences that might meet you.

Not going to forget to mention that if it were true that Muslim kids were taught the right way from small on then there would be no such thing as "molest" in those places therefore no need for hijabs. By your logic one must deduce that Muslims are by default good people and therefore why would the women there need to worry about getting molested if 99% of the surrounding men are Muslim?

Either way, I'm not criticising the existence of hijabs, I'm just referring to the flawed logic that's being used to justify the existence of hijabs; protect women from getting molested.


Dear, I think i have cleared myself well. I'll give this another try to clarify your wondering.

Evil is everywhere and has been existing for all time. And every country has black sheep. What Islam aims to is to reduce the risks of getting into evil. Let me give you an example bro:

"Suppose two sisters who are twins, and who are equally beautiful, walk down
the street. One of them is attired in the Islamic hijab i.e. the complete body is
covered, except for the face and the hands up to the wrists. The other sister is
wearing western clothes, a mini skirt or shorts. Just around the corner there is
a hooligan or ruffian who is waiting for a catch, to tease a girl. Whom will he
tease? The girl wearing the Islamic Hijab or the girl wearing the skirt or the mini?
Naturally he will tease the girl wearing the skirt or the mini. Such dresses are an
indirect invitation to the opposite sex for teasing and molestation. The Qur’an
rightly says that hijab prevents women from being molested"

Those rapes that happen in Islamic countries are only results of people not following the true Islamic guidelines. As there is a Hijab for woman, there is a Hijab for men as well. Quran has given more priority to the Men's Hijab that woman! That is to 'lower his gaze'

I ask you to neglect all the bad examples of Muslims you have seen in your life and look for the religion itself. A bad follower doesn't mean a bad religion. Imagine a latest Ferrari and it happened that a bad driver was sitting behind the wheels. He drives and hits the car to the wall. Will you say Ferrari is bad? or the driver?

Preventing Molestation is only ONE reason of wearing Hijab. There are many more.. If you wanna read about this, here is a pdf document called "Answers to Non-Muslims' Common Questions about Islam". Wish you find light no matter what religious background you are from.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10030290/Answers-to-Non-MuslimsCommon-Questions-About-Islam-by-Dr-Zakir-Naik

PEACE
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
It's oppression.

A woman can keep her chastity out of her own free will and without any religious police beating her up, if just a strand of hair falls out of her burka.

Also not all women outside the muslimworld wear pornclothes.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09
I have a question!

In an ideal muslimsociety, if all over the world everyone would be muslim, would you know how women look except your mother and(after marriage) your wife? Would you see your sisters body after puberty or would you only see girls as long as they didn't get into puberty?

Would you only see paintings until marriage? If it was a real muslimsociety?
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

red3finition wrote:

im not really a fan of imposing my culture or values onto others' cultures and values..but then thats what judging is. personally..its the islamic way. if its good to them, then why not. if they truly believed that it is wrong, someone would stand up to it and blood will be shed. same with the slavery in US. someone stood up. and eventually change occured. im under the belief that if people want something, then they'll do what is necessary to get it.

k im done lecturing.


Do you really believe in that?!

I think the chances are higher that the slaves only got freed because they needed soldiers and to destabilize the south through riots.

Weren't in most of the northern states just the people to poor to own slaves?

If you have two warring partys and one of them uses slavelabour and he other doesn't I would assume that it would be only natural for the other party to promise freedom in exchange for becoming soldiers.
3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

sindba-d wrote:

I have a question!

In an ideal muslimsociety, if all over the world everyone would be muslim, would you know how women look except your mother and(after marriage) your wife? Would you see your sisters body after puberty or would you only see girls as long as they didn't get into puberty?

Would you only see paintings until marriage? If it was a real muslimsociety?



I dont know if you realize this but not all Muslim women choose or a forced to where a burka....

i know Muslim women who don't where them and they don't get slapped around by my other male Muslims friends, that is in France anyway

so my answer to your question is No. not every one will look the same in a Muslim society

Saying a women who wears a burka is been opressed is like me saying christian priests oppresses Nuns by making them where there batman clothes

Burka wearing women if they wont to or not, is like a child in a Christian family who is forced to read the bible, she may not like it but she does it to please her family

Im no expert on Burka's anyway so don't think im lecturing you man ^^
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09 , edited 5/21/09

Khephren wrote:

I dont know if you realize this but not all Muslim women choose or a forced to where a burka....

i know Muslim women who don't where them and they don't get slapped around by my other male Muslims friends, that is in France anyway

so my answer to your question is No. not every one will look the same in a Muslim society

Saying a women who wears a burka is been opressed is like me saying christian priests oppresses Nuns by making them where there batman clothes

Burka wearing women if they wont to or not, is like a child in a Christian family who is forced to read the bible, she may not like it but she does it to please her family

Im no expert on Burka's anyway so don't think im lecturing you man ^^


Nuns are female priests. The chose this life like a profession. You can't compare them to women in Afghanistan, Iran or SA. Also France is officially a non religious country. I was asking for the ideal muslim society.


edit:
The clothes of nuns are more like a uniform.
3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

sindba-d wrote:


Khephren wrote:

I dont know if you realize this but not all Muslim women choose or a forced to where a burka....

i know Muslim women who don't where them and they don't get slapped around by my other male Muslims friends, that is in France anyway

so my answer to your question is No. not every one will look the same in a Muslim society

Saying a women who wears a burka is been opressed is like me saying christian priests oppresses Nuns by making them where there batman clothes

Burka wearing women if they wont to or not, is like a child in a Christian family who is forced to read the bible, she may not like it but she does it to please her family

Im no expert on Burka's anyway so don't think im lecturing you man ^^


Nuns are female priests. The chose this life like a profession. You can't compare them to women in Afghanistan, Iran or SA. Also France is officially a non religious country. I was asking for the ideal muslim society.


yes i can in a way compare Nuns to women in the country you said because even tho they are getting paid they are still "obeying" the religious priest laws that a nun as to wear a batman costume...if they want to properly follow there religious laws they cant preach in levis jeans ^^ is that opression?

just like the Islamic women who want to properly follow there religious laws imposed by there religion by wearing a burka...

don't forget in the country's you mention the leaders are still stuck in the time of Knights and Crusades lol
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

Khephren wrote:

yes i can in a way compare Nuns to women in the country you said because even tho they are getting paid they are still "obeying" the religious priest laws that a nun as to wear a batman costume...if they want to properly follow there religious laws they cant preach in levis jeans ^^ is that opression?

just like the Islamic women who want to properly follow there religious laws imposed by there religion by wearing a burka...

don't forget in the country's you mention the leaders are still stuck in the time of Knights and Crusades lol


No, a nun can resign anytime without even living in the danger of getting excommunicated. She can chose to live as a nun, or as a normal woman(without a uniform) and she can stop being a nun anytime she wants.

It's even easier for nuns than for priests.

In islamic countrys the women are born into a society where they haveto wear this piece of clothes.

Nuns aren't surpressed or forced to become nuns. They chose to become nuns.
3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

sindba-d wrote:


Khephren wrote:

yes i can in a way compare Nuns to women in the country you said because even tho they are getting paid they are still "obeying" the religious priest laws that a nun as to wear a batman costume...if they want to properly follow there religious laws they cant preach in levis jeans ^^ is that opression?

just like the Islamic women who want to properly follow there religious laws imposed by there religion by wearing a burka...

don't forget in the country's you mention the leaders are still stuck in the time of Knights and Crusades lol


No, a nun can resign anytime without even living in the danger of getting excommunicated. She can chose to live as a nun, or as a normal woman(without a uniform) and she can stop being a nun anytime she wants.

It's even easier for nuns than for priests.

In islamic countrys the women are born into a society where they haveto wear this piece of clothes.

Nuns aren't surpressed or forced to become nuns. They chose to become nuns.


You head of heracy ? christians killed many people for not following the religious laws...just like "evil" islamic people

we where the same as them its just christianity is bullshit its forgotten its roots it changes with generations lol like a Fab how holy and sacred is that?

Your nuns would of been in just as much danger as the women now in afghanistan,iran etc etc if they didn't follow the code

when you look at Iran you see a glimpse of the past, that in a way is sacred i respect that.


2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

Khephren wrote:

You head of heracy ? christians killed many people for not following the religious laws...just like "evil" islamic people

we where the same as them its just christianity is bullshit its forgotten its roots it changes with generations lol like a Fab how holy and sacred is that?

Your nuns would of been in just as much danger as the women now in afghanistan,iran etc etc if they didn't follow the code

when you look at Iran you see a glimpse of the past, that in a way is sacred i respect that.


So you would compare islam today with christianity in the middle ages? And it's not forgotten, it's several hundred years ago and not now!
3444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paris
Offline
Posted 5/21/09

sindba-d wrote:


Khephren wrote:

You head of heracy ? christians killed many people for not following the religious laws...just like "evil" islamic people

we where the same as them its just christianity is bullshit its forgotten its roots it changes with generations lol like a Fab how holy and sacred is that?

Your nuns would of been in just as much danger as the women now in afghanistan,iran etc etc if they didn't follow the code

when you look at Iran you see a glimpse of the past, that in a way is sacred i respect that.


So you would compare islam today with christianity in the middle ages? And it's not forgotten, it's several hundred years ago and not now!


Nope im not comparing.There is nothing to compare Christianity isn't a religion. its a pick and mix of older wiser religious idears, so that simple peasants can convert to the holy god and his carpenter cult leader son

its bullshit, i respect islam more than any religion ! Who are we to judge there women ? ah right its because we have the internets and were the most perfect religion and to us its wrong so they MUST change it ^^'

2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/09 , edited 5/21/09

Khephren wrote:

Nope im not comparing.There is nothing to compare Christianity isn't a religion. its a pick and mix of older wiser religious idears, so that simple peasants can convert to the holy god and his carpenter cult leader son

its bullshit, i respect islam more than any religion ! Who are we to judge there women ? ah right its because we have the internets and were the most perfect religion and to us its wrong so they MUST change it ^^'


I didn't start this topic neither did you. No one was forced to join the discussion. On the profile of the opener don't seem to be any hints if he is a muslim or christian.

But since you don't consider Christianity a religion let me assure you I would never respect a follower of a childmolester, rapist and murderer. I've always been a fan of any movement to drive the followers of Mo out of Europe.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.