First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Crunchyland Eye Item Layer
Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 8/10/08 , edited 8/10/08
Hello, I know there have been a number of people agreeing to this. I think it would be a very good idea.
The eye layer should be underneath the Hair layer, for several reasons:

1. The custom eyes, and the skin around the eyes(used to hide the default face) will show up above the hair layer, making your avatar look strange.

2. Hair that goes over the face should go above eyeglasses, tattoos, scars, makeup, etc, as well.(a scar that goes on top of your bangs just looks strange!)

3. There are already two other layers(Head and Hat), which are above the hair layer.

4. A layer underneath the hair will benefit those who have hairstyles with bangs, fringes, covered eyes, etc.

So basically what we're asking, is if it would be a possibility to switch the position of the layers, or a new layer underneath the hair layer.

---

If anyone would like to add anymore, please post!

Thank you, and please consider this.
5327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Edmonton, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/08

pikangie wrote:

Hello, I know there have been a number of people agreeing to this. I think it would be a very good idea.
The eye layer should be underneath the Hair layer, for several reasons:

1. The custom eyes, and the skin around the eyes(used to hide the default face) will show up above the hair layer, making your avatar look strange.

2. Hair that goes over the face should go above eyeglasses, tattoos, scars, makeup, etc, as well.(a scar that goes on top of your bangs just looks strange!)

3. There are already two other layers(Head and Hat), which are above the hair layer.

4. A layer underneath the hair will benefit those who have hairstyles with bangs, fringes, covered eyes, etc.

So basically what we're asking, is if it would be a possibility to switch the position of the layers, or a new layer underneath the hair layer.

---

If anyone would like to add anymore, please post!

Thank you, and please consider this.


that's a great idea. normally eyes do go under the hair
809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 8/10/08
geez how many times are you going to complain about that already. no offense intended but its not the only problem with layering. plenty of the 'others' ought to be right at the bottom instead of the top eg the inuyokai/wings etc and for the fairy class the wings pretty much cover almost all other items on the body.
5327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Edmonton, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/08

lamoshit wrote:

geez how many times are you going to complain about that already. no offense intended but its not the only problem with layering. plenty of the 'others' ought to be right at the bottom instead of the top eg the inuyokai/wings etc and for the fairy class the wings pretty much cover almost all other items on the body.


true but so far the eyes are most improtat
2438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Peru
Offline
Posted 8/10/08
The shirts Layer should be also underneath the Hair layer because long hair that goes all the way to the chest its out shadowed by the shirt. I'm just giving a suggestion! Don't flame me XD
5327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Edmonton, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/08

shadowsas wrote:

The shirts Layer should be also underneath the Hair layer because long hair that goes all the way to the chest its out shadowed by the shirt. I'm just giving a suggestion! Don't flame me XD


yes it should. and shoes should go above pants.
Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 8/11/08 , edited 8/11/08
Oh, I'm not sure about shoes above pants, unless they're boots that cover tighter pants... though it's hard to say, because sometimes you need long/loose pants to be over the shoes.

And usually when people make designs, the pants will be wider than the shoe... When I make shoes that need to go over pants, I usually just make the pants scrunch up a bit, like this one:



It wouldn't fit with longer boots, though.
Posted 8/11/08
YES! I totally agree with pikangie's topic post. I'm having same problems with the 1st and only hair i've done so far. XD I <3 covering the face. lol
523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / In Yo Face!
Offline
Posted 8/11/08
yea i h8 the fact that the eye layer goes over the hat layer cuz then ur avatar just looks weird...they should fix that if they can...
523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / In Yo Face!
Offline
Posted 8/11/08
i meant hair layer
Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 8/11/08 , edited 8/11/08
Even if you don't draw the skin around the eyes(color change contacts), it still looks akward.
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / phillipines
Offline
Posted 8/11/08
hi hehe
2438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Peru
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
Hmm i was thinking there should be one more layer for gloves :< . Just an opinion, i know there's left hand and right hand already, but its commonly used for weapons.
5327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Edmonton, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/12/08

shadowsas wrote:

Hmm i was thinking there should be one more layer for gloves :< . Just an opinion, i know there's left hand and right hand already, but its commonly used for weapons.


ya that's true a layer for stuff on both hands
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
Nice idea, I totally agree but I think everyone is forgetting that this is just a Beta. There's probably a chance that it could be wiped altogether (though I highly doubt it) Has this been mentioned in the suggestion thread btw? he'd probably me more likely to see it if someone has said it their.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.