First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
The Watchmen
1039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 3/10/09
I thought that the movie was pretty good.. It stayed more faitful to the book than most movie adaptation.. After I watched it, I flipped through the book again just to see the differences.. Not that many major changes, except that it doesn't have the Black Freighter and the ending kinda different.. It was pretty violent and there's some nudity, but then again it's like that in the book.. The Night Owl is looking cool and Rorschach too! How I love seeing his mask!
Posted 3/11/09
Q:"Are you over 18?" A:"Yes."
Q:"Do you have an ID? A:"No."
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 3/11/09

ashura21 wrote:

I thought that the movie was pretty good.. It stayed more faitful to the book than most movie adaptation.. After I watched it, I flipped through the book again just to see the differences.. Not that many major changes, except that it doesn't have the Black Freighter and the ending kinda different.. It was pretty violent and there's some nudity, but then again it's like that in the book.. The Night Owl is looking cool and Rorschach too! How I love seeing his mask!


The black freighter story wouldn't work. Because it would have to of been told at the same time as people were talking etc. That's how it works.
Posted 3/11/09
this movie kicked ass
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / .
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
yuk
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
Gosh this movie was awful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It is definitely one of the worst movies I've watched recently.

If you want to have a good time, go see Slumdog Millionare. Or, if you like a film that's packed with action, go see Taken. (Though I'd really recommend Slumdog Millionare, it's definitely Oscar-worthy)

Watchmen sucked.
Posted 3/11/09
^ .__. duh it's a kind depressed movie =p
587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Here and there......
Offline
Posted 3/11/09
Haven't watched it yet, but I will and then give an opinion. I'm a fan of the comic, it basically revolutionized what a comic can be.


Hitoli wrote:

If you want to have a good time, go see Slumdog Millionare. Or, if you like a film that's packed with action, go see Taken. (Though I'd really recommend Slumdog Millionare, it's definitely Oscar-worthy)



Slumdog did win at the Oscars. It won 8 times. What rock have you been living under?



2295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bin beside anfiel...
Offline
Posted 3/12/09
aint really a fan of it but decided to watch it last saturday and it was too long!!! haha
had some good moments but just wasn't into it
but i can say it was good
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/12/09

Lavvy wrote:

Haven't watched it yet, but I will and then give an opinion. I'm a fan of the comic, it basically revolutionized what a comic can be.


Hitoli wrote:

If you want to have a good time, go see Slumdog Millionare. Or, if you like a film that's packed with action, go see Taken. (Though I'd really recommend Slumdog Millionare, it's definitely Oscar-worthy)



Slumdog did win at the Oscars. It won 8 times. What rock have you been living under?





Eh... lol? Are you feeling ok? I never said it didn´t win Oscars, I just said it really deserved them. (Though I read some reviews which were mainly positive, but in which the author said that it didn't deserve all the Oscars it got).
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/12/09
I've never seen so much gayness in my life.
The trailers only made me wanna vomit.
587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Here and there......
Offline
Posted 3/13/09

Hitoli wrote:


Lavvy wrote:

Haven't watched it yet, but I will and then give an opinion. I'm a fan of the comic, it basically revolutionized what a comic can be.


Hitoli wrote:

If you want to have a good time, go see Slumdog Millionare. Or, if you like a film that's packed with action, go see Taken. (Though I'd really recommend Slumdog Millionare, it's definitely Oscar-worthy)



Slumdog did win at the Oscars. It won 8 times. What rock have you been living under?





Eh... lol? Are you feeling ok? I never said it didn´t win Oscars, I just said it really deserved them. (Though I read some reviews which were mainly positive, but in which the author said that it didn't deserve all the Oscars it got).


I see what you mean now. The phrase "Oscar-worthy" is usually used when you describe a movie that has yet to earn an Oscar, but deserves one. That's where the confusion set in.

I also think it's unfair to compare the two films. They were aimed at two different audiences: I don't think Zack Snyder was thinking of Oscar-worthy material when filming this commercially geared, comic book fan/general audience movie, while Slumdog debuted at film festivals, catering to a more indie movie/pseudo-intellectual crowd. I'm not making any judgments on the movie itself, since I have not seen it, but I'm just saying that comparing the two movies is like comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway, saw Watchmen. I liked it overall; it was faithful to the comic. I didn't see why people think it's really gory and violent: I've seen worse.

There was just something about it that I didn't really like, I can't put my finger on it, but it felt...hollow. Like the movie was going through the motions of telling the story without including any of the comic's deeper meanings.

BUT, now I know how to pronounce the characters' names.
1209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 3/14/09
WHAT IS THERE TO SAY?!
163026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/27/09
i totally wasted my $ on this movie!!!! i didn't like it at all xD
3208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 3/28/09
Imo watchmen was one of the worst films ive ever seen. The movie was filled up with endless fussing about how shitty people are..wtf? And most of the movie was filled with boring flasbacks and stuff. And it was imposssible to see where the film was heading... only lots of random events until the end. And the end sucked ass, those who made cartoon/movie got a wretched way to look at life.
Well thats the impression i got of the film..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.