First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Dark Anime
801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Marine City, MI
Offline
Posted 8/12/08 , edited 8/12/08
What do you think about anime series' that revolve around the darker subjects (murder, rape, kidnapings, ect...) or the twisted views of the main character without lighter themes such as comedy? and why?

Personally i try to avoid them because they make me question my sanity.
(I realized this after watching episode 2 of Death Note)

EDIT: It has come to my attention that people are misunderstanding what I mean by "Dark" i do not mean bloody or gory
by dark i mean that ether the main character has a goal and will do anything even kill countless people in order to reach it or the story revolves around worst that humanity has to offer (mass murder, suicide, excessive drugs, rape, kidnapings, you get the picture)
5097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
Death note isn't dark. Really. Of course, it's a matter of opinions, but I didn't find it very dark. For a Shounen category, I suppose so.
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
Dark Animes, huh?
Death Note is not a Dark Anime. It's a matter of fiction and worth of a Human's life.
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
dude u have my name O_O lol xD wait is joseph ur real name?? oh sry i was going all off topic >< ... oh well i think they're heka fun O_O like hiragushi... or elfin.... or things like that cause its so intense xD
3388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Ryoma's House
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
i like death note, it doesn't sound very dark to me....
just a smart and well-planned anime ^^
801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Marine City, MI
Offline
Posted 8/12/08

Nakapagpabagabag wrote:

Dark Animes, huh?
Death Note is not a Dark Anime. It's a matter of fiction and worth of a Human's life.


what i meant was that i found the main characters willingness to kill everyone he considered evil a little twisted also i only saw the first few episodes and quit after after the episode where he starts to kill people already who were in jail (the show isn't a bad one it's just not for me)
6811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
*thumbs up* 8D
5142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
dark anime usullay is very mysterious,suspensful and gets pretty intense..i kinda like them
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 8/12/08

joseph4616 wrote:


Nakapagpabagabag wrote:

Dark Animes, huh?
Death Note is not a Dark Anime. It's a matter of fiction and worth of a Human's life.


what i meant was that i found the main characters willingness to kill everyone he considered evil a little twisted also i only saw the first few episodes and quit after after the episode where he starts to kill people already who were in jail (the show isn't a bad one it's just not for me)


But
It's
Not
A
Dark
Anime.
There's lots of anime that kills people for it's plot. So it means that every anime that kills people is considered 'Dark' already?
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where do think?
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
Berserk
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 8/12/08 , edited 8/12/08
Young children/adults tends to stray away from "dark animes". Its probably becuase it either questions their knowledge of how humans actually act in real life, its too complicated for them, or them being not use to sumthing much more than their typical shounen/shoujo material.

An perfect example of "dark animes" would be Monster (an master peices in terms murder/horror), School Days (the dark side of romance), and Parasythe aka Kiseijuu (once u finish reading this manga, u'll look at human beings with an different angle).... these are just the few "dark animes" i listed. there's many more out there, i'm just too lazy to type them up here lol.
801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Marine City, MI
Offline
Posted 8/12/08

Nakapagpabagabag wrote:


joseph4616 wrote:


Nakapagpabagabag wrote:

Dark Animes, huh?
Death Note is not a Dark Anime. It's a matter of fiction and worth of a Human's life.


what i meant was that i found the main characters willingness to kill everyone he considered evil a little twisted also i only saw the first few episodes and quit after after the episode where he starts to kill people already who were in jail (the show isn't a bad one it's just not for me)


But
It's
Not
A
Dark
Anime.
There's lots of anime that kills people for it's plot. So it means that every anime that kills people is considered 'Dark' already?


no killing isn't very dark but i just wanted to use killing hundreds of people in only a few days

i didn't mean to offend you or anything I was just giving my opinion
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 8/12/08 , edited 8/12/08

joseph4616 wrote:
no killing isn't very dark but i just wanted to use killing hundreds of people in only a few days

i didn't mean to offend you or anything I was just giving my opinion



No, I didn't got offended with a witty statement like that, don't worry.
Besides, like what you said, it's a matter of opinion.
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 8/12/08
Monster!!! It's dark!! It scares me half to death sometimes but I get addicted to it .-.;;

I think that since humans all have a dark side and are often drawn to the mysterious and the unknown, it's natural to be interested in "dark"-ish anime ^^;
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/12/08 , edited 8/12/08
Death Note isn't dark.

Elfen Lied and Monster portray a very dark world with murder, rape and child abuse.

I like these types of anime because they're different from the normal ones and not always have happy endings
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.