First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
YOUR RESPONSE: Olympics Women's Gymnastics - China Too Under-aged?
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 8/13/08 , edited 8/13/08

kino_neko wrote:

I dont mind.....they have been probably training their whole life and if they were this good they deserve to be known as the best....

and the other teams just have to train more now so that they can get better and maybe like win gold next time



Chinese girls gymnastic team look underage and won a gold medal

Chinese guys gymnastic don't look underage and won a gold medal

I really don't understand why there are critics for this.Either way they have proven they are the best in gymnastics.They have more skill,more talent,more performance trainning and that made them better it's really all that simple.



Posted 8/13/08

wonone wrote:


ChiChi06 wrote:

They may look like their 10 but to qualify u have to be eitha 15 16 and that reasonable since Shaun from the US girl team is 16 and she's sick as hell but CHina dominated them!!


They are underage but they still won the gold medal.Shouldn't they be even more embarrased because of that?


wut r u trying to refer to? I'm saying China gymnastic girls team dominated and ya China is younger then US so it is embarrassing for the US, but Chinese r like born to do those acrobatic stuff so it should come easy for them like I expected . . .but congrats to China they deserved it. I'm watching the mens now

Posted 8/13/08

wonone wrote:


kino_neko wrote:

I dont mind.....they have been probably training their whole life and if they were this good they deserve to be known as the best....

and the other teams just have to train more now so that they can get better and maybe like win gold next time



Chinese girls gymnastic team look underage and won a gold medal

Chinese guys gymnastic don't look underage and won a gold medal

I really don't understand why there are critics for this.Either way they have proven they are the best in gymnastics.They have more skill,more talent,more performance and have trained hard and gotten better.






Exactly......come on.....you cant take that away from them....we all know they train hella hard so lets just admit it....

They were better this time!!!!!
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 8/13/08

ChiChi06 wrote:


wonone wrote:


ChiChi06 wrote:

They may look like their 10 but to qualify u have to be eitha 15 16 and that reasonable since Shaun from the US girl team is 16 and she's sick as hell but CHina dominated them!!


They are underage but they still won the gold medal.Shouldn't they be even more embarrased because of that?


wut r u trying to refer to? I'm saying China gymnastic girls team dominated and ya China is younger then US so it is embarrassing for the US, but Chinese r like born to do those acrobatic stuff so it should come easy for them like I expected . . .but congrats to China they deserved it. I'm watching the mens now



I agree with you

Nah,not always.They haven't won in athen 2004.The usa and russian gymnastic beat them last year.China girl team din't even get a bronze the chinese men did get a gold but not the girls.But It has always been the usa and china competing
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
this is just a bunch of people being sore losers at the olympics, way uncool man.
1141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / F / Seattle-ish
Offline
Posted 8/13/08 , edited 8/13/08

axbabe04u wrote:


cjay_weeps wrote:

I think that the age rules exist for a reason. If there are athletes that don't meet the age requirement, they shouldn't be allowed to compete, regardless of where they are from. If the IOC has decided not to further the investigation, then that's fine.

The US girls were horrible this year, and they didn't deserve the gold, period. Actually, I was very disappointed that the one chick (don't remember her name) pretty much threw a fit after falling off the beam. She showed bad sportsmanship and I hope that she will not compete further.






#8 - Age Qualifications should increase!
Actually, if you ask gymnist or a gymnist specialist regarding Age Qualification, most will tell you that they wish that Age Qualifications should decrease because they believe that as a gymnists body get older, their ability tends to decrease as well at a rate that various with each gymnist--depending on their training etc. In addition, having a larger age limit (18+) allows a higher possibility in injuries during that time that may possibly result in an Olympic disqualification. If this happen, depending on the injury, they will have to continue training for the next 4 years until the next Olympics but 4 years is a long time for a gymnist and increases the chances for other injuries.

The reason why Age Qualifications exist today is to avoid excess training to young gymnist and to avoid having gymnist retire before the age of 18-20 due to injuries. So in a way, it's a gabling situation where a gymnist has to constantly be aware of injuries but due to those possible injuries, it's better to start young and take your chances while your body is at its peak rather than waiting until you're age is qualified to join the Olympics. Personally, I think that it's better to decrease the Age Qualifications to the age of 14. This way if a gymnist get injured that will not allow he or she to participate in the Olympics, they will have a better use of those 4 years before the next Olympics! And if they get injured again, they could still continue with the next 4 years giving them an 8-year plan. Makes sense?
(Reposted!)


Ok, I'm not really arguing with you about the younger the better as far as alot of the sports are concerned. However, there are age requirements in the Olympics, and I don't think because you are from a certain country that they are void of the rules. I grew up doing gymnastics, and it can be extremely hard on your body, and actually halt puberty in some girls (ammenoria is what it is called, but I think I spelled it wrong...sorry). And that my be a reason that the girls look so young. And, as I said in my previous post, since the IOC has decided not to investigate further, the girls' ages shouldn't be questioned any longer. I have no reason to think that the girls' aren't 16+. And, actually, I'm extremely happy that the China team won, this is the first time I didn't root for the U.S. gymnast's.
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
Wow, i was just about to mention the reason for the age limit but it looks like you beat me to it.

Like that guy said earlier, the point is China might have broken the rules to win the gold and its unfair to the other people who followed those rules. The age limit is there to protect the athletes so they are not exploited by other people. Sure, the chinese team was more talented, but rules are rules and if those girls were underaged then that'll just be another black mark in china's olympic history.

In the end, i think they should just let it go and instead work on improving the process in which they verify the athlete's age. But i wouldn't be surprised if they discovered that china faked those ids. A few shady stuff have already transpired since the beginning of this years olympics which made me look at china in a different light.
1978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Winterpeggers
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
I dunno if thats true
but if it is
then china must really have a hard time keeping morale up
cause thats pretty much the only motivation on winning the olympics
to show other countries on how much better your country is at diff. fields
80 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / la-la-land
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
china deserves the gold. many americans just can't accept that. why keep on pointing out the age of the chinese delegates when the IOC has already made an inquiry and said that they are of age? looking at the chinese delegates, they look really young. from a western person's pov, they don't look like 16. well, for us here in asia, many 16yr olds don't look mature like those 16 yr olds in western countries. i believe those chinese girls are of age. they won because they have the talent, skill and determination to win.
8512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
i do admit dat their young but for kids theyre whippin the other counties ass.lol
576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / F / Sleeping on my be...
Offline
Posted 8/13/08 , edited 8/13/08
They are probably just pissed the Americans lost. Besides, the Americans lost because they made mistakes!
I could care less if they are under aged or not but i think they should just change the weight limit to make it fair......
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 8/13/08

pinkroma wrote:

china deserves the gold. many americans just can't accept that. why keep on pointing out the age of the chinese delegates when the IOC has already made an inquiry and said that they are of age? looking at the chinese delegates, they look really young. from a western person's pov, they don't look like 16. well, for us here in asia, many 16yr olds don't look mature like those 16 yr olds in western countries. i believe those chinese girls are of age. they won because they have the talent, skill and determination to win.


People are just jealous,I can't believe there are so many that are threaten I wonder why they never ask why the chinese gymnastic men won the gold medal.They were tall and well build and they sure don't underage. Chinese girls team are like the oposites and won the medal too.It really shows how biased and manipulative people in cnn are.The fact that china team girl won because they are "underage" shouldn't they be feeling embarrased?
7281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 8/13/08
Anderson cooper from CNN tackle this topic today morning...The Olympics standard clearly specify that they are 1920 years of born or above....that means 16 or so...
17939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/14/08

BoredRb wrote:

pathetic =__=

pointing out flaws for victory

why can't people play fair. . .


Barry Bonds agrees with you
10560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / Finland baby!
Offline
Posted 8/14/08
I think US should already shut up about their age. I'm not sure if they're making this as an excuse or not, but it is still very embarrassing losing to those kids.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.