First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Graphics Rating
Posted 8/13/08 , edited 4/19/09

xVeron wrote:

Made something new and need some comments on it, or in the midst of graphics-making and got stuck? Post it here and have other graphics-makers give you some advice!

Please note:
1. Give constructive comments. If you don't like it, explain why. Don't also just take one look and go "OOOH NICE GOOD JOB", we're looking for improvement here so go into details.
2. Don't flame someone just because they criticise your work, unless it's because the person is being unreasonable and mean then by all means flame. If you can't take harsh criticism then say so in your post.
3. Don't be afraid to comment. Maybe you think you're not good enough, but any opinions are welcome. Even if you're a newbie at GFX you certainly have your own mind too, don't you?

I'll start the ball rolling, something I made just now. Not too happy with it, so should I keep it, or ditch it?



nice idea T-Rex :DD

well...i think you should keep it....the first thing i didnt like about it is that her face is way too big/pointy on the side....maybe you can fix that! and i dont know how this'll look but on the side where theres like a redish/fire thingy if it slightly overlapped her leg i reckon it could look cool! (:

i made these 2.....
i really hate how her hair is like short and looks sorta fake >< what do you guys think?

should i chuck this one away?
Posted 8/14/08

xVeron wrote:


s2_sel wrote:

nice idea T-Rex :DD

well...i think you should keep it....the first thing i didnt like about it is that her face is way too big/pointy on the side....maybe you can fix that! and i dont know how this'll look but on the side where theres like a redish/fire thingy if it slightly overlapped her leg i reckon it could look cool! (:

i made these 2.....
i really hate how her hair is like short and looks sorta fake >< what do you guys think?

should i chuck this one away?

Haha, the idea came from the forum that me and rachealchung came from.

>< I can't really fix the face since it's a render. hmm, the fire thing sounds nice though, maybe I'll try that.

For yours, the first one needs more focal. The girl is too blended into the sig and makes the whole thing look flat.

For the second, I think the colours are a bit awkward and the picture quality is kind of low. Psst.. if you haven't gotten topaz already, go get it. That plug-in is a godsend to all photoshoppers.


topaz? O.o and for the first one so i should make her come out stronger? yeah i was thinking that for the second one's colours
Posted 8/18/08

xVeron wrote:


s2_sel wrote:


xVeron wrote:


s2_sel wrote:

nice idea T-Rex :DD

well...i think you should keep it....the first thing i didnt like about it is that her face is way too big/pointy on the side....maybe you can fix that! and i dont know how this'll look but on the side where theres like a redish/fire thingy if it slightly overlapped her leg i reckon it could look cool! (:

i made these 2.....
i really hate how her hair is like short and looks sorta fake >< what do you guys think?

should i chuck this one away?

Haha, the idea came from the forum that me and rachealchung came from.

>< I can't really fix the face since it's a render. hmm, the fire thing sounds nice though, maybe I'll try that.

For yours, the first one needs more focal. The girl is too blended into the sig and makes the whole thing look flat.

For the second, I think the colours are a bit awkward and the picture quality is kind of low. Psst.. if you haven't gotten topaz already, go get it. That plug-in is a godsend to all photoshoppers.


topaz? O.o and for the first one so i should make her come out stronger? yeah i was thinking that for the second one's colours


Yup, maybe deepen her colours or something. Topaz vivacity is the coolest photoshop plugin to ever exist xD


whats that? O.o
Posted 8/19/08

xVeron wrote:


s2_sel wrote:

whats that? O.o


Here's something I did with one of Topaz's function:


xD If you want it then let me know n_n


woah i definately wanna learn XD
Member
8442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Copenhagen, Denmark
Offline
Posted 8/30/08 , edited 8/30/08


That's pretty cool, i only managed to do photo manipulation of that kind in GIMP, you did it in Photoshop? x3

And here's my newest siggy x].

Member
8442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Copenhagen, Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/8/08

s2_sel wrote:


AsianLucas wrote:



That's pretty cool, i only managed to do photo manipulation of that kind in GIMP, you did it in Photoshop? x3

And here's my newest siggy x].



woah! thats so good XD do you use alot of C4D's?


In this one, i used a few C4D's x3.
Posted 9/8/08

AsianLucas wrote:



That's pretty cool, i only managed to do photo manipulation of that kind in GIMP, you did it in Photoshop? x3

And here's my newest siggy x].



woah! thats so good XD do you use alot of C4D's?
Posted 9/9/08

AsianLucas wrote:


s2_sel wrote:


AsianLucas wrote:



That's pretty cool, i only managed to do photo manipulation of that kind in GIMP, you did it in Photoshop? x3

And here's my newest siggy x].



woah! thats so good XD do you use alot of C4D's?


In this one, i used a few C4D's x3.


awsome! i dont get how to use them ):
Member
8442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Copenhagen, Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/9/08

s2_sel wrote:


AsianLucas wrote:


s2_sel wrote:


AsianLucas wrote:



That's pretty cool, i only managed to do photo manipulation of that kind in GIMP, you did it in Photoshop? x3

And here's my newest siggy x].



woah! thats so good XD do you use alot of C4D's?


In this one, i used a few C4D's x3.


awsome! i dont get how to use them ):


I use them the way this guy does it:
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/Fable/Timeshift%20tut.png

Good luck x].
Member
4529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 9/9/08


this is my third wallpaper. (my first was really plain and my second was a practice with a tutorial) I sort of made it up along the way. What can I do to make it better and can you tell me how I can do it.
Posted 9/11/08

princesspinkykat wrote:



this is my third wallpaper. (my first was really plain and my second was a practice with a tutorial) I sort of made it up along the way. What can I do to make it better and can you tell me how I can do it.


wow its really good for your third!! i just find it abit awkward how they're stroked...but not properly....like the head of the kitty is fully rendered....but the one on the left is only partly...
Posted 9/11/08

AsianLucas wrote:


s2_sel wrote:


AsianLucas wrote:


s2_sel wrote:


AsianLucas wrote:



That's pretty cool, i only managed to do photo manipulation of that kind in GIMP, you did it in Photoshop? x3

And here's my newest siggy x].



woah! thats so good XD do you use alot of C4D's?


In this one, i used a few C4D's x3.


awsome! i dont get how to use them ):


I use them the way this guy does it:
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/Fable/Timeshift%20tut.png

Good luck x].


thanks! (:
Member
4529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 9/11/08

s2_sel wrote:


princesspinkykat wrote:



this is my third wallpaper. (my first was really plain and my second was a practice with a tutorial) I sort of made it up along the way. What can I do to make it better and can you tell me how I can do it.


wow its really good for your third!! i just find it abit awkward how they're stroked...but not properly....like the head of the kitty is fully rendered....but the one on the left is only partly...


yea because I randomly cut a rectangle and it turned out that way
Posted 9/12/08

princesspinkykat wrote:


s2_sel wrote:


princesspinkykat wrote:



this is my third wallpaper. (my first was really plain and my second was a practice with a tutorial) I sort of made it up along the way. What can I do to make it better and can you tell me how I can do it.


wow its really good for your third!! i just find it abit awkward how they're stroked...but not properly....like the head of the kitty is fully rendered....but the one on the left is only partly...


yea because I randomly cut a rectangle and it turned out that way


lol maybe leave them in a rectangle...but make their background white?
Member
8442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Copenhagen, Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/13/08
My newest avatar, i tried some new stuff, so i guess it should be okay to get some feedback on it x3.

First time using those glowy lines, so i experimented with it x3. If you got good eyes you can see that the lines that strangles around the guitar has letters in them x].
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.