JFK Reloaded
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California, USA
Offline
Posted 8/15/08 , edited 8/15/08
JFK: Reloaded is an edutainment first-person shooter video game recreating the John F. Kennedy assassination.
The game was released November 22, 2004 (the 41st anniversary of the event)
by Scotland-based Traffic Software (aka Traffic Games),

JFK: Reloaded puts the player in the role of Kennedy's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. The player is then scored on how closely one's version of the assassination matches the report of the Warren Commission.

According to the company, the primary aim of the game was "to establish the most likely facts of what happened on 1963-11-22 by running the world’s first mass-participation forensic construction", the theory being that a player could help prove that Lee Harvey Oswald had the "means and the opportunity to commit the crime", and thus help support or disprove the Warren Commission's findings.

The game was banished from stores and the website was abolished, though it can still be played via download off the internets.

I want to see all your opinions about this game, some people say it's cruel and insane, while others think it's just fun.

I think it's just ok I don't necessarily play it or think it's bad.

here is a link to getting the game.
it's not illigal to play it it's just banished from being distributed via being sold.
so it's free

http://www.cool.com.au/files/apps/jfkreloaded.zip

go ahead and scan the thing idc
it doesn't have a virus
if you think it's a virus don't spam the forum just don't download it.

most info is credited to wikipedia
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/15/08
Sounds like a boring game, if all you get to do is shoot one guy. How is this supposed to help prove that Oswald had the means to kill him? If he had a gun and he was near Kennedy the day he was killed, then he had the means and the opportunity, so I don't see why they need to get a bunch of people to re-enact it to prove it. Also, if they aren't sure about how it happened, then how were they able to create a computer simulation of it?

It may be considered disrespectful by a lot of people, but I don't see how it's any worse than all of the video games that have been based on actual wars.
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 8/15/08
Tried it out, not a bad game. I just played it to see how many people I can kill.

Feels great to shoot JFK 5 times and end it with shooting him in the head, put the blood effects on and you can see the replay of half his head being blown up. The other characters also move, shot the Governor's wife in the breast and she puts her hand to her chest. You know these things because it analyzes where your bullet went. It's mad.
I recommend this for when you're bored.
See how many of the people in the car you can kill!
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California, USA
Offline
Posted 8/15/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:

Sounds like a boring game, if all you get to do is shoot one guy. How is this supposed to help prove that Oswald had the means to kill him? If he had a gun and he was near Kennedy the day he was killed, then he had the means and the opportunity, so I don't see why they need to get a bunch of people to re-enact it to prove it. Also, if they aren't sure about how it happened, then how were they able to create a computer simulation of it?

It may be considered disrespectful by a lot of people, but I don't see how it's any worse than all of the video games that have been based on actual wars.


it's not just killing one guy....

there's actuall a whole set of people in the game
like the first lady
govoner
govs wife

Secret Police

and all that other secret government stuff

392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 8/15/08
I don't like this game, first, its wrong to try to kill someone who is dead...dont know how to put it ><

Anyways this is a 23mb game can't expect more from it...
its boring..

I can't imagine this being sold.
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California, USA
Offline
Posted 8/15/08

GraveKeeper wrote:

I don't like this game, first, its wrong to try to kill someone who is dead...dont know how to put it ><

Anyways this is a 23mb game can't expect more from it...
its boring..

I can't imagine this being sold.


this isn't the full version there's actually 9 parts to it this is just the last part

the project was never finished and was abandoned so only part 9 was released while the other 8 aren't completed.

392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 8/15/08

ois9 wrote:


GraveKeeper wrote:

I don't like this game, first, its wrong to try to kill someone who is dead...dont know how to put it ><

Anyways this is a 23mb game can't expect more from it...
its boring..

I can't imagine this being sold.


this isn't the full version there's actually 9 parts to it this is just the last part

the project was never finished and was abandoned so only part 9 was released while the other 8 aren't completed.



Ah I see,

well this wouldn't be my type of game anyways
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Oliver Stone's JFK makes me look at the whole affair differently. I think about it like a conspiracy theorist.
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
I am absolutely MORTIFIED that there is a game available that teaches anyone, be they minors OR adults how to similate violent acts against another human being, period. With the rapid availability of guns on the streets today this is hardly constructive for society. And I say this being female, an adult, and actually a clay disk shooter who is absolutely opposed to using humans as targets or animals which will not be consumed for food. Appalling.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 10/13/08

bella24 wrote:

I am absolutely MORTIFIED that there is a game available that teaches anyone, be they minors OR adults how to similate violent acts against another human being, period
. With the rapid availability of guns on the streets today this is hardly constructive for society. And I say this being female, an adult, and actually a clay disk shooter who is absolutely opposed to using humans as targets or animals which will not be consumed for food. Appalling.


you haven't seen some of the video game trailers on CR have you?
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
Not my scene, hon
Posted 10/13/08
well, it's always bad to make a game out of a serious issue such as murders, assassinations, etc.
but then again, this world is already fucked up, so this won't change the course of it that much.
Posted 10/13/08
This cracks me up every damn time:



10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/10 , edited 2/19/10
They made a game out of this? I know that this thread is like eighty years old, but that’s pretty funny. Reminds me of a skit I saw on “The Onion.” Well, two, actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQhvW-tjNM

and also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbYUd1jUc4

On another, mostly related note: I really hate conspiracy theories. Ninety percent of the time they’re just thinly veiled tools employed to stir up racial animosity among the masses. The Jews started the black plague (medieval Europe,) the blacks are trying to take over our economy (United States, early 1900s, most notably in Oklahoma. Culminated in the Tulsa Race riots,) the Jews orchestrated 9/11 (you get the idea.)

Other times they’re just dreamed up to make money. (The 9/11 conspiracy theory, before it was adopted by the neo-nazis for their racial McCarthyism, was first proposed by an offshoot of the science fiction series, “The X-Files.” It was meant to be a joke.)

But, if ever there was a conspiracy theory that was onto something…it’s this one. Not saying I believe it, but if I were to buy into the rhetoric, it’d be THIS rhetoric.
You must be logged in to post.