Obsessive Fanning and Anti-fanning
2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 8/16/08
I used the search to look for any thread specified for anti-fanning and there is none!
Yay, now I shall begin my thread. I will be mentioning anti-fans but this discussion is also about obsessive fanning, that can include:

Social group obsession
Stalking
Stardom obsession e.g actor/esses, singers ect
Non-biological obsession e.g anime, cars


and more. I do not mean a passion or people who collect things.I mean unhealthy fandom that affects them, possibly people around them and also their target obsession. You may think it's silly but victims of obsessives have either been killed by them, caused/been a catalyst to suicide or inflicted scars (mentally/physically).

Anti-fanning for me goes in different levels (Sub levels are not included, there are so many different types, for my experience these are my main ones):


This is a poem about anti-fanning:

Shoulder to shoulder
they say more people
brings heat buy they are lies now
and the groups falling apart it's lord of the flies

it's just getting colda
hold up!
these illusions
distributions of what is entertainment
and how it entertains - not

just fans that are a herd
but have you heard things
are getting absurd?

I guess not cause the coporation controls
pop sensation but
the sheep don't baa
and it's just raa taa taa!
Then the next trained honey comes like an enegizer bunnie
but ain't it funny?

That we control the scene
and can spark the dreams,
and we can put out the light
without no care or doubt
of what will happen to that once
forgotten 'Joe'
or that 'Miss plain Jane'.

Ofcourse nobody knows and all we care is -

they were lame.

So chill and relax.
If you don't like it
turn off your radio
switch off the tv
Stop being an ass ho-

Hold up!

Just an anti-fan

Nothing is wrong with that!
yeah right - you all talk jack
Spurting all that crap.
Go back and be reborn
so the evil don't respawn.

No compassion.


Now what is your experience of anti-fanning that has made you think "Why are they feeling this way" and do you think major companies and artists should stand-up and amke a campaign against it? Not only that but also a campaign agaisnt obsessive fandom. They are both huge issues that cost lives whether it be physically or mentally drained to both ends of the party.

They do campaigns for anti-smoking so why not for these two issues?
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 8/16/08
it's like a coke and pepsi thing...

2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

manzi wrote:

it's like a coke and pepsi thing...



What do you mean?
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 8/16/08
Obsessed fans are the ones you find in South India when a big actor's movie gets released. They're treated even better than royalty here.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

mleria wrote:

What do you mean?


since the invention of the cola drink, rabid fans of both pepsi and coke have been at each other's throats..

of course both parties viciously defend their love for their respective drink of choice and try to push the other down.. you drink that shit coke boy?

not just coke or pepsi there's also mac vs. pc, sony vs. nintendo, frosted cornflakes vs. regular
2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

manzi wrote:


mleria wrote:

What do you mean?


since the invention of the cola drink, rabid fans of both pepsi and coke have been at each other's throats..

of course both parties viciously defend their love for their respective drink of choice and try to push the other down.. you drink that shit coke boy?

not just coke or pepsi there's also mac vs. pc, sony vs. nintendo, frosted cornflakes vs. regular


Those are inanimated objects. I think when it has to do with direct human "merchandising" it's abit more personal.

Unless coke/pepsi blabla has feeling we've never discovered then I would consider it murder for every bottle they drink and every soemthing that is broken.
2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

h4x0rz wrote:

Obsessed fans are the ones you find in South India when a big actor's movie gets released. They're treated even better than royalty here.


I don't know if this was south India (I should research) but do you recall when Richard Gere kissed Shilpa? Wow, that was so disturbing. Just months before they were all burning pictures of Jade Goody and whining 'ohh she's racist' but as soon as she was invulentarily kissed "DIE SHILPA DIE!"

It's not nice at all.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

manzi wrote:


mleria wrote:

What do you mean?


since the invention of the cola drink, rabid fans of both pepsi and coke have been at each other's throats..

of course both parties viciously defend their love for their respective drink of choice and try to push the other down.. you drink that shit coke boy?

not just coke or pepsi there's also mac vs. pc, sony vs. nintendo, frosted cornflakes vs. regular


lol i'm surprised you didn't mention McDonald's vs Burger King.
I was researching a project on the rivalry between the two last year, and the sheer amount of faggotry between fat McD fans vs fat BK fans i saw made me lol till i puked.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

mleria wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:

Obsessed fans are the ones you find in South India when a big actor's movie gets released. They're treated even better than royalty here.


I don't know if this was south India (I should research) but do you recall when Richard Gere kissed Shilpa? Wow, that was so disturbing. Just months before they were all burning pictures of Jade Goody and whining 'ohh she's racist' but as soon as she was invulentarily kissed "DIE SHILPA DIE!"

It's not nice at all.


Stars here have shrines in their honor and their fans watch their latest releases 20-30 times in a row each to ensure that it will be 'a hit.'
2474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Barking
Offline
Posted 8/16/08

h4x0rz wrote:


mleria wrote:


h4x0rz wrote:

Obsessed fans are the ones you find in South India when a big actor's movie gets released. They're treated even better than royalty here.


I don't know if this was south India (I should research) but do you recall when Richard Gere kissed Shilpa? Wow, that was so disturbing. Just months before they were all burning pictures of Jade Goody and whining 'ohh she's racist' but as soon as she was invulentarily kissed "DIE SHILPA DIE!"

It's not nice at all.


Stars here have shrines in their honor and their fans watch their latest releases 20-30 times in a row each to ensure that it will be 'a hit.'


Yikes, it's so scary how we control these peoples lives. It's crazy. I'd rather promote my doctor and local fire station so they get recognition if people actually cared rather than my favourite band or actor.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 8/16/08 , edited 8/16/08
Where there is order, there is chaos. I personally hate the concept of being a obssesive fan since your putting whatit'sname on a freaking piedestal without any good reasons. E.g narutards, like when they go "Omg mah zashcay-sama is the hot" even though he's a made character in a work of fiction for kids.
You must be logged in to post.